#1 Edited by Frocharocha (2420 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Kahn wants to take over Marvel Universe and teleports himself to Earth. He quickly overhelm all the military with only The Avengers standin between him and the conquest of The Universe. Who wins?

-The Avengers has all their former members.

-Dark Kahn has all his powers ar his disposal and is composed of the strongest versions of Shao Khan and Darkseid.

#2 Posted by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't know the true extent of Dark Kahn's power...

#3 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't that mean he'd win then?

#4 Edited by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

No, because I don't think Dark Kahn possesses any of Darkseid's comic book level attributes... I think that Darkseid was dumbed down in power for DC vs MK game just as Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern etc. was for this particular game. Also, I have seen very little to suggest Shao Kahn is even as strong as The Thing physically... yes, Shao Kahn has some pretty potent magical powers... but I don't think he could one shot The Avengers with it.

#5 Edited by Frocharocha (2420 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@king_saturn said:

No, because I don't think Dark Kahn possesses any of Darkseid's comic book level attributes... I think that Darkseid was dumbed down in power for DC vs MK game just as Wonder Woman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern etc. was for this particular game. Also, I have seen very little to suggest Shao Kahn is even as strong as The Thing physically... yes, Shao Kahn has some pretty potent magical powers... but I don't think he could one shot The Avengers with it.

Well, in the game and comics he was fckign up 2 universes only by his mere existence. And he could also turn up everybody agaisn't the others using the crazy-like-orange power.

#6 Posted by spidermanandsuperman (283 posts) - - Show Bio

loved this game and I would say dark khan

#7 Edited by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha said:

@king_saturn said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@king_saturn said:

Well, in the game and comics he was fckign up 2 universes only by his mere existence. And he could also turn up everybody agaisn't the others using the crazy-like-orange power.

That means nothing... what actual feats of power did Dark Kahn display... I don't want to hear about some Plot Device Filler.

#8 Posted by spidermanandsuperman (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: he was owning superman before raiden threw lightning at him

#9 Edited by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman was dumbed down for the DC vs MK storyline... so again, this means nothing.

#10 Posted by Frocharocha (2420 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermanandsuperman said:

Superman was dumbed down for the DC vs MK storyline... so again, this means nothing.

Isn't raiden basically a multi-planet buster buster?

#11 Posted by TheSuperHuman (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

ROFL, no. Raiden does not have that kind of power. Every character was dumbed down so they could fight each other evenly, except for the bosses. Dark Kahn has no feats to claim he could take the Avengers. Game over.

#12 Edited by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

There is nothing to suggest Raiden at normal levels is even a Planet Buster... on top of that, we have seen even some human survive Raiden's Lightning before... so that really isn't an impressive feat.

#13 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

You keep saying Supes was dumbed down in MK vs DC (which he was...sort of), but in the context of that story the reason Supes was weakened was because of Dark Kahn's existence. Taking that into account, the Avengers would be weakened as well.

Dark Kahn in that story had Kahn's full magic, which was enough to mind control and merge 2 separate realities, and DS's phycial stats, which allowed him to hang with the likes of Supes, and his Omega Beams. In the end of that story Supes and Raiden were both amped with Rage, not weakened, when they took on DK. DK's power showings are enough to beat the Avengers.

#14 Posted by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn:

You keep saying Supes was dumbed down in MK vs DC (which he was...sort of), but in the context of that story the reason Supes was weakened was because of Dark Kahn's existence. Taking that into account, the Avengers would be weakened as well.

Dark Kahn in that story had Kahn's full magic, which was enough to mind control and merge 2 separate realities, and DS's phycial stats, which allowed him to hang with the likes of Supes, and his Omega Beams. In the end of that story Supes and Raiden were both amped with Rage, not weakened, when they took on DK. DK's power showings are enough to beat the Avengers.

Yeah, and this same Dark Kahn can be defeated by a Metahuman like Liu Kang or Sonya Blade ? Yeah, he is gonna be a real problem here...

I feel like you are heavily exaggerating the power of these characters... nothing suggested that Superman was at his comic book levels... he showed no planet or moon shaking attacks... he was heavily dumbed down just as Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Captain Marvel aka Shazam was in that game...

#15 Edited by Frocharocha (2420 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@king_saturn:

Yeah, and this same Dark Kahn can be defeated by a Metahuman like Liu Kang or Sonya Blade ? Yeah, he is gonna be a real problem here...

I feel like you are heavily exaggerating the power of these characters... nothing suggested that Superman was at his comic book levels... he showed no planet or moon shaking attacks... he was heavily dumbed down just as Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Captain Marvel aka Shazam was in that game...

Well it's gameplay mechanics and plot sake. In Injustice you can beat the freaking Doomsday with Joker! So i don't think game mechancis from DC vs MK should cont here.

#16 Posted by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@king_saturn:

Well it's gameplay mechanics and plot sake. In Injustice you can beat the freaking Apocalipse weith Joker! So i don't think game mechancis from DC vs MK should cont here.

Why Not ? There is nothing at all to suggest that Superman is at his physical levels in the comics... same as the rest of the DC Characters... and who says Joker can't stop the Apocalypse ?

#17 Posted by Frocharocha (2420 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha said:

@king_saturn said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@king_saturn:

Well it's gameplay mechanics and plot sake. In Injustice you can beat the freaking Apocalipse weith Joker! So i don't think game mechancis from DC vs MK should cont here.

Why Not ? There is nothing at all to suggest that Superman is at his physical levels in the comics... same as the rest of the DC Characters... and who says Joker can't stop the Apocalypse ?

Ops! I meant Doomsday. Well in Injustice, you can defeat Superman, Doomsday, Ares and Wonder Woman with Catwomen in fist fights. So nope, i don't think we should use that here.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@frocharocha said:

@king_saturn said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@king_saturn:

Ops! I meant Doomsday. Well in Injustice, you can defeat Superman, Doomsday, Ares and Wonder Woman with Catwomen in fist fights. So nope, i don't think we should use that here.

Injustice is a different game than MK vs DC though... the creators of the MK vs DC game purposely dumbed down the characters in the game so that everyone would be on even levels... where as with Injustice we have closer DC comic book levels represented in the game regardless of the game mechanics that produce off base possible wins.

#19 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole "everyone is weaker" argument is a sign of someone who really doesn't know what they're talking about. In most crossover games I've played there is always some excuse to why the weaker characters can hang with the stronger ones. Not because the stronger ones have been limited, but because the weaker ones have been boosted.

For example Joker in his part of the story shows considerable strength to the point that Deathstroke is in utter disbelieve at just how strong Joker is (and then Joker beats his ass). Kabal for another example gets his speed seriously amped, enough to be at a flash like level (Kano mentions that Flash is going just as fast as Kabal).

The excuse for those things for those not in the know can usually either be attributed to magic, or that the realms are unstable and some people are getting some pretty big power boosts.

EDIT: As for the fight? Dark Kahn stomps.

#20 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@king_saturn:

How can you say that when Liu or Sonya never fought DK in the story? Nothing about that game in general would suggest DK and everyone else were street level fighters, while everything about it would suggest they were all super-human.

Also, nothing suggest that Superman wasn't Superman at all in the game. The times where he was weakened were clearly marked and mentioned in the story, as was when he was "normal" strength. Just because Superman didn't go around smashing planets doesn't mean he wasn't Superman, and honestly, does Superman go around doing all that stuff in every story he's in every time?

#21 Edited by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

The whole "everyone is weaker" argument is a sign of someone who really doesn't know what they're talking about. In most crossover games I've played there is always some excuse to why the weaker characters can hang with the stronger ones. Not because the stronger ones have been limited, but because the weaker ones have been boosted.

For example Joker in his part of the story shows considerable strength to the point that Deathstroke is in utter disbelieve at just how strong Joker is (and then Joker beats his ass). Kabal for another example gets his speed seriously amped, enough to be at a flash like level (Kano mentions that Flash is going just as fast as Kabal).

The excuse for those things for those not in the know can usually either be attributed to magic, or that the realms are unstable and some people are getting some pretty big power boosts.

EDIT: As for the fight? Dark Kahn stomps.

what a load of crap...

nothing in MK vs DC suggests that Superman was his FTL self with his Planet Shaking Strength... he and all of the other DC Characters was dumbed down for the game to fight with other MK characters who are much weaker in comparison... it's obvious this is the case because MK characters don't do what Superman or Wonder Woman or Green Lantern are usually capable of in Comics.

@king_saturn said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@king_saturn:

How can you say that when Liu or Sonya never fought DK in the story? Nothing about that game in general would suggest DK and everyone else were street level fighters, while everything about it would suggest they were all super-human.

Also, nothing suggest that Superman wasn't Superman at all in the game. The times where he was weakened were clearly marked and mentioned in the story, as was when he was "normal" strength. Just because Superman didn't go around smashing planets doesn't mean he wasn't Superman, and honestly, does Superman go around doing all that stuff in every story he's in every time?

Nope, you are off point again.

You stating that DK was not dumbed down means nothing... we already know that the DC characters in the game was dumbed down so that the MK characters could fight with them... nothing at all suggested that Superman was his FTL self with his normal levels of strength... same for Shazam, Wonder Woman, Flash and so on. You don't read enough comics to see the difference in power I guess... but that's all good.

#22 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

We already know? How arrogant to take something you've just said as an absolute truth. I just told you that characters like the Joker and Kabal got power ups and you persist with this dumbing down? Then again looking at the comments you've made when it comes to videogames it seems you find it impossible to translate them into these battles. Yeah we'd totally be able to control a character like Superman going at light speed right? No of course not which is why he goes at a normal pace and when it comes to plot he is moving at the great speeds he's known for. To provide an example a fight between Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma would look pretty slow in game, what does that mean? Is game Akuma dumbed down? No, he is moving at the great speeds he can fight at and the slow movement is so the player can you know, actually play the game.
Comics have the advantage of being drawn so show casing the light speed is an easy task.

As for comic reading comment well aren't you pretentious. I only read Ironman, Thor and a few crossover stuff but I don't see how this somehow makes me not see "the difference in power".

#23 Edited by Hyperlight (6568 posts) - - Show Bio

avengers ftw

#24 Posted by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

We already know? How arrogant to take something you've just said as an absolute truth. I just told you that characters like the Joker and Kabal got power ups and you persist with this dumbing down? Then again looking at the comments you've made when it comes to videogames it seems you find it impossible to translate them into these battles. Yeah we'd totally be able to control a character like Superman going at light speed right? No of course not which is why he goes at a normal pace and when it comes to plot he is moving at the great speeds he's known for. To provide an example a fight between Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma would look pretty slow in game, what does that mean? Is game Akuma dumbed down? No, he is moving at the great speeds he can fight at and the slow movement is so the player can you know, actually play the game.

Comics have the advantage of being drawn so show casing the light speed is an easy task.

As for comic reading comment well aren't you pretentious. I only read Ironman, Thor and a few crossover stuff but I don't see how this somehow makes me not see "the difference in power".

What evidence was there that Kabal was amped ? Nothing... nothing suggested that Kabal was any faster than he usually is. Though there was a lot of say that The Flash was not as fast as he usually is as well as many other DC Characters that was dumbed down. I don't care how hard it would be to control a FTL character in a game... the reality is that these DC Characters did not have their FTL speeds as well as their Planet Shaking Strength in MK vs DC for whatever the case maybe. These truths are what show us that these characters was indeed dumbed down from their original states of power.

That is true, but still the video game does not suggest that Superman or any of those DC Characters are at their Comic Book Levels of Power.

Well it's obvious you don't read that many comics... otherwise you would not have assumed that those DC Characters was at their normal levels of power... you would have known otherwise... that those characters had been dumbed down for the sake of the game.

#25 Edited by nick_hero22 (7226 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Khan loses badly

#26 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@rozalia said:

What evidence was there that Kabal was amped ? Nothing... nothing suggested that Kabal was any faster than he usually is. Though there was a lot of say that The Flash was not as fast as he usually is as well as many other DC Characters that was dumbed down. I don't care how hard it would be to control a FTL character in a game... the reality is that these DC Characters did not have their FTL speeds as well as their Planet Shaking Strength in MK vs DC for whatever the case maybe. These truths are what show us that these characters was indeed dumbed down from their original states of power.

That is true, but still the video game does not suggest that Superman or any of those DC Characters are at their Comic Book Levels of Power.

Well it's obvious you don't read that many comics... otherwise you would not have assumed that those DC Characters was at their normal levels of power... you would have known otherwise... that those characters had been dumbed down for the sake of the game.

You look at the characters movements and you proclaim "dumbed down". Injustice goes at the exact same speed and like with DC vs MK has characters like Bane tangoing with the likes of Superman. Its explained how the likes of Bane can punch out Superman. As with MK its not because of dumbing down but because of power boosts for the weaker characters.

Though I will admit in the case of Superman that he was actually weakened (its mentioned) and the story mode has Sub Zero, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Raiden owning him without much issue, though considering Wonder Women came in and then beat Sub Zero's ass I'd say Superman's loses are due to his opponents being magic users more then anything. In fact in his ending Superman makes himself a magic immune suit so he won't be pummeled by magic users again. No such weakening is mentioned for any of the other characters is mentioned.

#27 Posted by xlab3000 (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Kahn wins

#28 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

There was this cute little comic you got if you pre-ordered MK V. DC. It had a beautiful cover by Alex Ross and gave background info for the game's story. The comic said that the merging of the DC and MK universes re-distributed power Obama style. So the DC powerhouses were toned down for the game. This would mean that Superman was weakened when he fought Dark Khan. Under normal circumstances this would mean that the Avengers would win rather easily. However the OP said that this Dark Khan was comprised of the strongest versions of Darkseid and Shao Khan. The Lord of Apokolips with additional MK style magiks is a scary thought, the Avengers have some powerhouses of their own though; The Hulk, Thor, Red Hulk, Sentry, The Vision, Scarlet Witch, Dr. Strange (he was on Secret Avengers right?), Thunderstrike, a couple of Captain Marvels and Iron Man. Please note that the order in which I listed these characters is not indicative of who I think is most powerful. I'm inclined to favor the Avengers.

#29 Posted by Mercy_ (91871 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha: You need to watch the f-bombs in the future, please.

#30 Posted by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

@king_saturn said:

@rozalia said:

That is true, but still the video game does not suggest that Superman or any of those DC Characters are at their Comic Book Levels of Power

You look at the characters movements and you proclaim "dumbed down". Injustice goes at the exact same speed and like with DC vs MK has characters like Bane tangoing with the likes of Superman. Its explained how the likes of Bane can punch out Superman. As with MK its not because of dumbing down but because of power boosts for the weaker characters.

Though I will admit in the case of Superman that he was actually weakened (its mentioned) and the story mode has Sub Zero, Scorpion, Shang Tsung, Raiden owning him without much issue, though considering Wonder Women came in and then beat Sub Zero's ass I'd say Superman's loses are due to his opponents being magic users more then anything. In fact in his ending Superman makes himself a magic immune suit so he won't be pummeled by magic users again. No such weakening is mentioned for any of the other characters is mentioned.

With Injustice, you could see signs of the characters being more likened to their Comic Book selves... not fully but better than with DC vs MK... example, Superman's special in Injustice has him throwing an Uppercut that knocks his opponent out of the Earth's Atmosphere... Doomsday has a special where he smashes his opponent through the Earth's crust... and their are other specials that show more of the Superhuman Prowess of these characters that was not seen in MK vs DC as well.

There is nothing to suggest the weaker characters was boosted... that is just assumption. Feat wise, we know that the DC Powerhouses was lowered to even out the score with the other characters because they can do what they usually do in Comics.

Even though Superman has no defense against Magic... lets not act like he has not beaten people who use Magic before... I mean Superman has flattened Captain Marvel aka Shazam on multiple occasions... and Cap is powered by Magic. So characters like Shang Tsung or Sub Zero being able to own Superman is ridiculous... especially with the usage of Ice or Fireballs ? I mean this is a guy who has tanked worse attacks that nukes but somehow a blast of Ice or Fire is suppose to drop him easy ? Yeah, gonna say they weakened him. Wonder Woman has strength feats that show she could easily handle objects that are the size of moons if not greater in comics... yet, she is having issues fighting MK characters many of which could not even handle picking up a Van ? Yeah, loads of crap again. Green Lantern Hal Jordan has feats of moving faster than light, as well as creating constructs that can level characters of Superman level... yet somehow these MK characters are able to easily withstand them. Yeah, loads of crap again. I could go on and on... but at this point it's tiresome to even keep it up. Bottom Line, if you have read the comics of DC, you would easily recognize that these characters have been heavily dumbed down for the games.

#31 Posted by MonsterStomp (20270 posts) - - Show Bio

If Dark Kahn manages to turn the Avengers against eachother, he should win, but those chances are slim.

Going with the Avengers, stomping.

#32 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

@king_saturn said:

@rozalia said:

That is true, but still the video game does not suggest that Superman or any of those DC Characters are at their Comic Book Levels of Power

With Injustice, you could see signs of the characters being more likened to their Comic Book selves... not fully but better than with DC vs MK... example, Superman's special in Injustice has him throwing an Uppercut that knocks his opponent out of the Earth's Atmosphere... Doomsday has a special where he smashes his opponent through the Earth's crust... and their are other specials that show more of the Superhuman Prowess of these characters that was not seen in MK vs DC as well.

There is nothing to suggest the weaker characters was boosted... that is just assumption. Feat wise, we know that the DC Powerhouses was lowered to even out the score with the other characters because they can do what they usually do in Comics.

Even though Superman has no defense against Magic... lets not act like he has not beaten people who use Magic before... I mean Superman has flattened Captain Marvel aka Shazam on multiple occasions... and Cap is powered by Magic. So characters like Shang Tsung or Sub Zero being able to own Superman is ridiculous... especially with the usage of Ice or Fireballs ? I mean this is a guy who has tanked worse attacks that nukes but somehow a blast of Ice or Fire is suppose to drop him easy ? Yeah, gonna say they weakened him. Wonder Woman has strength feats that show she could easily handle objects that are the size of moons if not greater in comics... yet, she is having issues fighting MK characters many of which could not even handle picking up a Van ? Yeah, loads of crap again. Green Lantern Hal Jordan has feats of moving faster than light, as well as creating constructs that can level characters of Superman level... yet somehow these MK characters are able to easily withstand them. Yeah, loads of crap again. I could go on and on... but at this point it's tiresome to even keep it up. Bottom Line, if you have read the comics of DC, you would easily recognize that these characters have been heavily dumbed down for the games.

A couple of things:

- Kabal wasn't in MK vs DC

- MK vs DC came out 7 years ago and was the first game the MK team made on the current gen systems (plus it was under Midway's banner). Comparing it's portrayal of the DC characters to Injustice's by saying that Superman is puching people into space in one game and not in the other is kind of a moot point seeing as how it is a wholely different dev team and publishing house. Same source material, but each game had different agendas as far as how they played and the story's they were trying to tell.

- "There is nothing to suggest weaker characters were boosted..."

Click the link please: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUn-p7olLI4&feature=player_detailpage

Yep...nothing at all. And that is just one of the gameplay aspects of the game. There are many other like throwing people off tall buidings and landing no problem, or knocking people from asteroid to asteroid in space. Some of the transitions are just ridiculous in that game.

- Again, the characters being "dumbed down" was because of Dark Kahn himself. As someone else pointed out in the thread, there a comic that came out with the game that explained the underpinnings of the game (here: http://www.kamidogu.com/multimedia/comics/mkvsdcu.php?issue=1&page=0), BUT, that comic takes place before the game, and through the game you see what the deal actually was.

Yes Superman can beat magic users and has in the past, but DK's magic, magic that is said to be on a cosmic scale, coupled with Shang's skills and already powerful magic, or Subzero's skills and power, can be/was very potent. Yes GL can move FTL and create crazy contructs and such (which he does in the game), but characters infused with "cosmic rage" are shown to be able to take those hits and dish out powerful ones as well. Yes WW has all the feats you mentioned and is less affected by maigic over all...which was why she was able to defeat everyone she went against in the story up until the end.

---

The core of "Superman" is that he is as strong as he needs to be; the core of most comic book characters is the same. If the story they are involved in doesn't require them to break planets or move bore through the core of the earth, they won't, but just because they don't, doesn't mean they can't. Flash was seen moving FTL multiple time in that story; GL was shown flying from Oha to Earth a few times in that story; Superman, WW, Shazam, etc were shown flying/running from city to city like they always do at their normal speeds.

You are either unaware of these things as they happened in the story, or you are just willfully trying not to give the game credit. I didn't really like the game either, but the comic characters were said and shown to be like their comic book counterparts on more than on occasion.

#33 Posted by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

A couple of things:

- MK vs DC came out 7 years ago and was the first game the MK team made on the current gen systems (plus it was under Midway's banner). Comparing it's portrayal of the DC characters to Injustice's by saying that Superman is puching people into space in one game and not in the other is kind of a moot point seeing as how it is a wholely different dev team and publishing house. Same source material, but each game had different agendas as far as how they played and the story's they were trying to tell.

Click the link please: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUn-p7olLI4&feature=player_detailpage

Yep...nothing at all. And that is just one of the gameplay aspects of the game. There are many other like throwing people off tall buidings and landing no problem, or knocking people from asteroid to asteroid in space. Some of the transitions are just ridiculous in that game.

- Again, the characters being "dumbed down" was because of Dark Kahn himself. As someone else pointed out in the thread, there a comic that came out with the game that explained the underpinnings of the game (here: http://www.kamidogu.com/multimedia/comics/mkvsdcu.php?issue=1&page=0), BUT, that comic takes place before the game, and through the game you see what the deal actually was.

Yes Superman can beat magic users and has in the past, but DK's magic, magic that is said to be on a cosmic scale, coupled with Shang's skills and already powerful magic, or Subzero's skills and power, can be/was very potent. Yes GL can move FTL and create crazy contructs and such (which he does in the game), but characters infused with "cosmic rage" are shown to be able to take those hits and dish out powerful ones as well. Yes WW has all the feats you mentioned and is less affected by maigic over all...which was why she was able to defeat everyone she went against in the story up until the end.

---

The core of "Superman" is that he is as strong as he needs to be; the core of most comic book characters is the same. If the story they are involved in doesn't require them to break planets or move bore through the core of the earth, they won't, but just because they don't, doesn't mean they can't. Flash was seen moving FTL multiple time in that story; GL was shown flying from Oha to Earth a few times in that story; Superman, WW, Shazam, etc were shown flying/running from city to city like they always do at their normal speeds.

You are either unaware of these things as they happened in the story, or you are just willfully trying not to give the game credit. I didn't really like the game either, but the comic characters were said and shown to be like their comic book counterparts on more than on occasion.

Getting tired of going in circles with you suckas... you can not prove that the DC Characters in those games are at the same levels they are in the Comics... in the games they never displayed FTL travel or Planet Shaking Strikes or Tanking Attack equal to Nukes or greater... you just assume that they are equal to their Comic Book Counterparts but nothing in the game suggests that...

When in MK vs DC was Flash shown moving multiple times faster than light ? Evidence Please

You or no other user in here has demonstrated that any of the DC Characters are on par with their Comic Book selves... you just keep saying that they are. So until you actually provide evidence of any of those DC Powerhouses moving FTL or using Planet Shaking Strength or tanking attacks from Nukes or Greater I am done with this conversation... because you are just gassing yourself with a bunch of conjecture that don't mean spit.

#34 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

... So basically unless Superman in game has some sort of Asura vs Chakravartin like fight in space with someone then he can't possibly be fighting with any effort. There is something called Story constraints, not sure if you're familiar with it. The writers don't need, nor should have to present a throwaway scene of Superman pulling some planets so a few select people can be satisfied. It wastes time and resources for a pointless show of power when the writers can just state the power levels and be done with it.

If the writers say that the Rage can allow Johnny Cage to trade blows with Supes then he can. Just because you think its silly doesn't make what the writers explanation invalid.

#35 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

A couple of things:

---

Getting tired of going in circles with you suckas... you can not prove that the DC Characters in those games are at the same levels they are in the Comics... in the games they never displayed FTL travel or Planet Shaking Strikes or Tanking Attack equal to Nukes or greater... you just assume that they are equal to their Comic Book Counterparts but nothing in the game suggests that...

When in MK vs DC was Flash shown moving multiple times faster than light ? Evidence Please

You or no other user in here has demonstrated that any of the DC Characters are on par with their Comic Book selves... you just keep saying that they are. So until you actually provide evidence of any of those DC Powerhouses moving FTL or using Planet Shaking Strength or tanking attacks from Nukes or Greater I am done with this conversation... because you are just gassing yourself with a bunch of conjecture that don't mean spit.

Question. Have you played the game? Or are you just arguing for arguments sake.

Regardless of you answer, I guess it's fine to be done with this then since you are being semi-trollish.

Why when there are plenty of comic story's (stand alone or in continuity) that don't show Supes going FTL, or striking a planet with earth shattering force, or taking a nuke to the face and walking away, is it a requirement in a game like this, or in any other medium, to show a Superman (or GL, or WW) highlight reel. I guess it's just beyond me. We all know Superman is Superman, so when nothing is shown/said to the contrary (in fact, everying points to Superman being Superman), why then is it automatically assumed that he can't do those things.

Nothing in the context of that story says, "the 'real' Superman would never do that," or, "that would never happen in the comic," ...unless you have some evidence to the contrary.

Edit: Flash was seen in the story being flash in the Deathstroke scene/fight, the Kano scene/fight (where he was dodging Kano's laser), and in multiple other scenes when he was running from city to city in second.

#36 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

... So basically unless Superman in game has some sort of Asura vs Chakravartin like fight in space with someone then he can't possibly be fighting with any effort. There is something called Story constraints, not sure if you're familiar with it. The writers don't need, nor should have to present a throwaway scene of Superman pulling some planets so a few select people can be satisfied. It wastes time and resources for a pointless show of power when the writers can just state the power levels and be done with it.

If the writers say that the Rage can allow Johnny Cage to trade blows with Supes then he can. Just because you think its silly doesn't make what the writers explanation invalid.

That is exaclty his point, and it's a point that gets revisited every time a comic character fights a character from another medium. It's an overall weak argument, but an easy one to make since it takes no effort to muster up. Bottomline is he can't prove his point, but will quickly will say the onus you or I to prove ours.

The best that can be achieved as long as arguments like this keep being made is a stalemate, or the thread just being abandoned outright. Sad to say the least.

#37 Posted by cliffrice (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesnt Op say he has the powers of the most powerful versions of Khan (Soul eating several dimensions) and Darkseid (Omega effect, ALE and soul fire.) I think Darkseid can take this. But every avenger ever? That the likes of Odinforce thor and Blackbolt, 2 incarnations of captain universe, Gilgamesh, Hyperion, Jack of hearts, Binary, Rogue, Scarlet Witch, Cerci.

And with allot of brains to back them up i would think they could win here im leaning towards the team 6/10 times.

#38 Edited by NeonGameWave (8963 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Kahn curbstomps, he was only defeated because of PIS and Plot Devices in reality he would have annihilated the MK and DC characters simultaneously also his power can corrupt both the DC and MK universes at once. He was also a really cool character and concept.

#39 Edited by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

Question. Have you played the game? Or are you just arguing for arguments sake.

Regardless of you answer, I guess it's fine to be done with this then since you are being semi-trollish.

Why when there are plenty of comic story's (stand alone or in continuity) that don't show Supes going FTL, or striking a planet with earth shattering force, or taking a nuke to the face and walking away, is it a requirement in a game like this, or in any other medium, to show a Superman (or GL, or WW) highlight reel. I guess it's just beyond me. We all know Superman is Superman, so when nothing is shown/said to the contrary (in fact, everying points to Superman being Superman), why then is it automatically assumed that he can't do those things.

Nothing in the context of that story says, "the 'real' Superman would never do that," or, "that would never happen in the comic," ...unless you have some evidence to the contrary.

Edit: Flash was seen in the story being flash in the Deathstroke scene/fight, the Kano scene/fight (where he was dodging Kano's laser), and in multiple other scenes when he was running from city to city in second.

I own the game... that's why I can say what I can.

Trollish ? The game time and time again shows that Superman as well as many other DC Characters was not on par with their Comic Book Character levels... I mean the idea that anyone from MK could trade blows with Superman or Captain Marvel or any of the DC Powerhouse characters is absolutely ridiculous because "THEY DONT HAVE FEATS THEMSELVES TO SUGGEST THEY CAN IN THEIR MK GAMES" On top of this we see no real high end speed feats. So what Flash moved from City to City in seconds... we know that Flash can move much faster than that in Comic Book Continuity.

Yes, there are comics where Superman or Captain Marvel or Wonder Woman and so on where they don't show that they hit with Planet Shaking Force or FTL speed travel... but that's irrelevant because the Comics are a Continuity unto itself... it's a continuing theme for the characters at hand. The Video Game DC Characters are a Continuity unto themselves and considering what lack of feats they have in the games... it's clear that the DC Characters was dumbed down from their Comic Book levels.

Why is okay to assume that Superman is equal to his Comic Book levels when there is nothing to suggest that he is in the game ? Why should I assume that Superman is at his DC Comics level when low level Metahumans can bang with him in the game ? Again, loads of crap coming from you.

What the heck does this have to do with anything ? We are talking about Superman's lack of power and speed in this game in comparison to what he can do in the Comics not his moral code or what it seems he would do. The reality is still that Superman in this game gave us nothing to suggest he was at his Pre - Post Crisis levels of Power. AT BEST, you could say this Superman as well as these DC Characters was from the early 1990's era of DC when they was heavily dumbed down in power.

The Flash was shown being Fast... but Quicksilver is Fast... yet Quicksilver is not Flash fast... I have no reason to assume that this video game Flash can achieve his Comic Book Character levels of power.

@rozalia said:

Who is asking for Superman to pull planets ? We did not get any sign from this game that Superman could travel at his FTL speeds... nor that his strength was beyond his Golden Age Level or early 1990's levels ( which are heavily dumbed down from his more known levels of power )...

So then you admit then that according to the story that Superman was indeed dumbed down for the sake of not satisfying the purpose of showing that he was at his Comic Book levels then ? Great, you could have been said that. Also, at what point what it shown that Superman was at his normal Post Crisis levels in the game ? Because I don't remember it at all. Evidence Please

Well as you should know the writers can create PIS to invalidate the entire premise of the battle.... so lets say that the Rage could allow Johnny Cage to trade blows with Superman. Okay, now why isn't Superman at this point using his Microsecond Reaction Time and Superhuman Speed to combat Johnny Cage's strength upgrade ? See the problem... the writers have dumbed down Superman's capability to allow Cage as well as those low level metahumans to combat with the DC Powerhouse characters. The reality is still that Post Crisis Superman is significantly greater than MK vs DC Superman in terms of feats and skills. You can call it trolling... but I guess when you lack comic book knowledge to know what is going on here you folks will say anything.

#40 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Trollish ? The game time and time again shows that Superman as well as many other DC Characters was not on par with their Comic Book Character levels... I mean the idea that anyone from MK could trade blows with Superman or Captain Marvel or any of the DC Powerhouse characters is absolutely ridiculous because "THEY DONT HAVE FEATS THEMSELVES TO SUGGEST THEY CAN IN THEIR MK GAMES" On top of this we see no real high end speed feats. So what Flash moved from City to City in seconds... we know that Flash can move much faster than that in Comic Book Continuity.

How many times does it need to be said? Their is a story reason explaining that.

Well as you should know the writers can create PIS to invalidate the entire premise of the battle.... so lets say that the Rage could allow Johnny Cage to trade blows with Superman. Okay, now why isn't Superman at this point using his Microsecond Reaction Time and Superhuman Speed to combat Johnny Cage's strength upgrade ? See the problem... the writers have dumbed down Superman's capability to allow Cage as well as those low level metahumans to combat with the DC Powerhouse characters. The reality is still that Post Crisis Superman is significantly greater than MK vs DC Superman in terms of feats and skills. You can call it trolling... but I guess when you lack comic book knowledge to know what is going on here you folks will say anything.

...Really? You have to ask? Because the Rage also gives them a speed upgrade of course. They all become Flying Brick level.
And lol at the "Post Crisis Superman is significantly greater than MK vs DC Superman in terms of feats and skills". Yes because Superman from one game has the same exact amount of Screen time as Post Crisis Superman right?

Who is asking for Superman to pull planets ? We did not get any sign from this game that Superman could travel at his FTL speeds... nor that his strength was beyond his Golden Age Level or early 1990's levels ( which are heavily dumbed down from his more known levels of power )...

It is what you want, as onilordasmodeus put it, a highlight reel. You want the game to go out of its way to show you these fantastic feats because otherwise they're "dumbed down". Forget that games have time constraints, require the player to control the characters and so on, nope they should go out of their way to show that Superman in the game is Superman instead of a watered down guy in a costume.

You can call it trolling... but I guess when you lack comic book knowledge to know what is going on here you folks will say anything.

Aren't you just so superior. What utter hogwash. Apparently if you haven't read a Superman comic then you can't possibly know his abilities, nope.

#41 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

Injustice's superheroes were as watered down, game mechanics off. Flash couldn't even reach the nuke, let alone stop it. Also, Joker did get a boost. He beat Batman and Deathstroke and is shocked that he could beat Sonya. Hal's ring was malfunctioning from the battle with Apokolips' army earlier. Captain Marvel got different gods' powers. Superman is weak to magic. If anything they addressed the power levels better than Injustice. The Kryptonite happy pill made no sense.

That said, I don't believe mk vs. DC Superman to be on par with post-Crisis Superman. Avengers win.

#42 Posted by King Saturn (225044 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

How many times does it need to be said? Their is a story reason explaining that.

...Really? You have to ask? Because the Rage also gives them a speed upgrade of course. They all become Flying Brick level.

And lol at the "Post Crisis Superman is significantly greater than MK vs DC Superman in terms of feats and skills". Yes because Superman from one game has the same exact amount of Screen time as Post Crisis Superman right?

It is what you want, as onilordasmodeus put it, a highlight reel. You want the game to go out of its way to show you these fantastic feats because otherwise they're "dumbed down". Forget that games have time constraints, require the player to control the characters and so on, nope they should go out of their way to show that Superman in the game is Superman instead of a watered down guy in a costume.

You can call it trolling... but I guess when you lack comic book knowledge to know what is going on here you folks will say anything.

Aren't you just so superior. What utter hogwash. Apparently if you haven't read a Superman comic then you can't possibly know his abilities, nope.

1. If the story explains that the DC Characters are dumbed down... then why the fack are you still arguing with me ?

2. What evidence was there that the Rage increased the speed significantly of the MK Characters ? Please show us... because you have not shown anything to suggest any truth to your claims yet. Who gives a spit about screen time... that's not my problem... reality being Superman from MK vs DC was never displayed to show abilities of his Post Crisis Superman counterpart... deal with it, instead of complaining.

3. No, you are still missing the point... the debate is about whether or not the DC Characters are at their Comic Book Levels of that era... the reality is nothing in the game suggests that they are... I already gave you the levels of power the DC Characters in the game was at... which is essentially the 1990's era after the dumb down of the DC Characters from the COIE arc... that's essentially where they are... but they are not around their Post Crisis Power Levels when they could shake up Planets and move FTL with ease... no way Jose.

4. Yes, this is true... the reality is that DC has gone through many retcons and changes over the years... and with this changes in power level for the characters... if you know about DC you have to know this... that Superman, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, Green Lantern, etc. have fluctuated in power from over the several years these characters have been around... that's why we have Golden Age era, Silver Age era, Bronze Age era, Post Crisis era, Post Crisis ( John Byrne era ) within the volume of comic book changes that have happened for these characters... now like I said, nothing in that game showed that Superman or his DC Powerhouse contemporaries was at the levels of Post Crisis as they was in the comics... Superpowered yeah, but more like the dumbed down versions of the characters from the times I had mentioned earlier.

You know fellas, I admit it's been fun... but I am getting tired of explaining the same things to you over and over and over and over and over again... if you don't think that my argument stands then whatever... I am done here because this is getting old.

#43 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

Post-Crisis Superman has only gone FTL once. And it was travel speed.

#44 Edited by xlab3000 (3347 posts) - - Show Bio

@frocharocha said:

@king_saturn said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@king_saturn said:

That means nothing... what actual feats of power did Dark Kahn display... I don't want to hear about some Plot Device Filler.

I agree

#45 Posted by leonkarlen123 (5496 posts) - - Show Bio

All the street levelers becomes ashes by the Omega beams and Thor/Hulk might go down with them to, if not he just teleport them through time so they die

#46 Posted by LastSonOfEarth (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Problem is Dark Kahn can possibly turn the Avengers against themselves. Also almost everyone in the Marvel Universe has been in the Avengers. This is a hell of a fight.

#47 Posted by mjolnirson (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor solos, Hyperion solos, WBH Solos, etc. solos.

#48 Posted by InjusticeForAll (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman solos.