Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#51  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey
@greeneagle said:

This  is what he does to Sentry

Wow. What a really good argument to put up. Sentry solos due to his matter manipulation and sun radiation manipulation. Oh and welcome to comicvine.
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@Petey_is_Spidey
Read the OP. He's no longer Bendis Sentry/Void. It's Jenkins Sentry.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Dark Cloud™

I see the Team giving Superman a hard time, with Sentry finishing him off.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@PunkMastaFlex: even without void, Superman loses 
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Deranged Midget

Spite especially since Superman has his morals on...

Without morals he would still lose.

larryman296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By larryman296
@The Stegman: How so? Void-less Sentry was was handily beaten by Hercules, who's weaker than Superman imo. 
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@Deranged Midget
It's definitely not spite given Superman's feats.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@larryman296: i agree, however this isnt a "Sentry vs Superman" thread, it's a "Dark Avengers vs Superman" thread, the key to their victory is the prep in the OP 

i see it this way, Sentry isn't gonna beat supes by himself, however him, along with Ares, Iron Patriot and Ms.marvel will distract him. meanwhile Osborn will put his ace in the hole, Bullseye, in the back ground, Osborn will use super sonics to disrupt Superman's hearing (so he can't hear Bullseye arching the arrow or his heartbeat) and then boom, Bullseye sends a kryptonite arrow through his head
larryman296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By larryman296
@The Stegman: That seems like a plausible scenario. 
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

Dark Avengers because of the reasons Stegman already stated.

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By YoungGunna

That sounds like a stretch, Superman take this...

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By buttersdaman000
@The Stegman said:
@larryman296: i agree, however this isnt a "Sentry vs Superman" thread, it's a "Dark Avengers vs Superman" thread, the key to their victory is the prep in the OP  i see it this way, Sentry isn't gonna beat supes by himself, however him, along with Ares, Iron Patriot and Ms.marvel will distract him. meanwhile Osborn will put his ace in the hole, Bullseye, in the back ground, Osborn will use super sonics to disrupt Superman's hearing (so he can't hear Bullseye arching the arrow or his heartbeat) and then boom, Bullseye sends a kryptonite arrow through his head
How are any of these three a problem for Superman? Moonstone....she would be the only one to register as an annoyance because of her phasing. Even then she couldnt damage Superman and at most she would buzz around him shooting her little blast akin to bee stings to Superman. As soon as she unphases he tags her.
Dont you think Superman would get rid of the Kryptonite first? He isnt just gonna let Bullseye shoot kryptonite at him. 
Without Sentry/Void this is more spite in Supermans favor
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@buttersdaman000:  

@The Stegman  said: 
@larryman296: i agree, however this isnt a "Sentry vs Superman" thread, it's a "Dark Avengers vs Superman" thread, the key to their victory is the prep in the OP  i see it this way, Sentry isn't gonna beat supes by himself, however him, along with AresIron Patriot and Ms.marvel will distract him. meanwhile Osborn will put his ace in the hole, Bullseye, in the back ground, Osborn will use super sonics to disrupt Superman's hearing (so he can't hear Bullseye arching the arrow or his heartbeat) and then boom, Bullseye sends a kryptonite arrow through his head

How are any of these three a problem for Superman? Moonstone....she would be the only one to register as an annoyance because of her phasing. Even then she couldnt damage Superman and at most she would buzz around him shooting her little blast akin to bee stings to Superman. As soon as she unphases he tags her. 
Dont you think Superman would get rid of the Kryptonite first? He isnt just gonna let Bullseye shoot kryptonite at him.  
Without Sentry/Void this is more spite in Supermans favor

Moonstone is strong enough to go toe to toe with the real Ms.Marvel, she's durable, has phasing abilities and her blasts will do more than "sting" him. Sentry while not as strong as supes, is strong enough to draw blood from him and keep him on his toes, a prepared Osborn can overflood his senses with sonics, he might even bring some red sun radiation with him. Superman will at least be distracted by this, and as for the Kryptonite, the OP says superman knows nothing about the Avengers, how will he know they have kryptonite, as i said, Bullseye will be lying in wait, and while superman is fighting the others, he shoots him through the head
larryman296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By larryman296
@buttersdaman000: Problem is, Superman has no knowledge on the Dark Avengers except for the Sentry. If he  did, I'm sure things would go the way you said it would. 
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By buttersdaman000
@The Stegman
Doesnt matter. Ms. Marvel wouldnt even register as a threat.And her blast will do little more than sting a man who can tank planet explosions.
Yes, Sentry is the biggest threat but Superman can easly dispatch the others while tangling with Sentry.
Overflood his hearing with sonics, not his other senses. And IIRC, sonics only work for a short while. After the initial shock his hearing is able to adjust and he can dispatch whatever is causing it. Red Sun radiation wont do much good.
I doubt Superman wont know one of his enemies is carrying 30 Kryptonite arrows. Even if a bit, he will feel it. And he could easily use x-ray vision to see them too.
Superman wins easily

@larryman296
X-ray vision and he would feel the kryptonite.
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By buttersdaman000

Besides, as YoungGunna said that scenario does sound like a stretch.....and a super sonics would incapacitate anyone on the team with heightened senses

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@buttersdaman000:  

@The Stegman:  
Doesnt matter. Ms. Marvel wouldnt even register as a threat.And her blast will do little more than sting a man who can tank planet explosions. 
Yes, Sentry is the biggest threat but Superman can easly dispatch the others while tangling with Sentry. 
Overflood his hearing with sonics, not his other senses. And IIRC, sonics only work for a short while. After the initial shock his hearing is able to adjust and he can dispatch whatever is causing it. Red Sun radiation wont do much good. 
I doubt Superman wont know one of his enemies is carrying 30 Kryptonite arrows. Even if a bit, he will feel it. And he could easily use x-ray vision to see them too. 
Superman wins easily 

Are you serious? if anything this sounds like a stretch 

1. Ms.Marvel is at least a Hundred tonner, i've seen superman get hurt by far less, like Metallo, Toyman's inventions, heck even Luthor's supersuit, she will register and she is a threat 

2. Superman is not gonna dispatch Sentry while he's being attacked from every direction by Osborn, Marvel, and Ares 

3. his hearing is key to his other senses, take that down and it will confuse him, it will distort his vision, it will make him lose focus, he's not gonna adjust to supersonics anytime soon 

4. Red sun won't do much? have you read the New Krypton arc? one blast from red sun took away superman's powers for an hour. 

5. Superman is going into this with no prior knowledge, he won't know, however Osborn as the OP states knows everything about superman, including how lead can block out the kryptonite's affects, thus, he has Bullseye sheath his arrows in lead until he uses them, superman won't feel anything 

Superman is not winning
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By buttersdaman000
@The Stegman
1. Obviously if characters in Superman's rogue gallery are able to hurt him they are much closer to his strength level. Anybody who is truly only a 100 tonner hurting Superman is PIS.
2. He could but I didnt even say that anyways. I said " Yes, Sentry is the biggest threat but Superman can easly dispatch the others while tangling with Sentry"
3. He does though....and why wouldnt it effect the others with enhanced senses?
4. Yep but there are more examples of Superman taking red radiation while still retaining his powers. The instance in New Krytpon worked for the story I guess.
5. I never even said he did. I said he would most likely feel it or see it with X-ray vision. But it looks like your still running with all the possibilities of prep.....

Superman wins
Avatar image for insheepsclothes
insheepsclothes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By insheepsclothes

my superman knowledge isnt the best....so clarity would be welcomed....but aside from the whole ongoing Sentry argument here: Ares is rolling w/ magical equipment here and Bullseye has kryptonite on him.  arent both major weaknesses of supes?? since they have prep and full knowledge w/ no morals to speak of.....and supes doesnt have any of this, wouldnt osborn (whos pretty damn smart and cunning) devise a plan to take advantage of such things?? with them tryin to recruit him (aka: they're talking to start the scenario) i can see osborn, venom & daken (whos tryin out his pheromones right here to see if that works to start) tryin to cajole supes into joinin the team. whilst distracted, perhaps bullseye (who aim is unparalleled) and ares should be able to affect him w/ his weaknesses somehow, no?? or moonstyone, armed w/ the kryptonite, could go intangible and get close to him that way.....and then theres sentry (who im not gonna include so much here bc its been argued on this thread alot previously) who can at the very least, keep supes tied up for osborn to complete his battle plan here. seems to me that the DA takes this 9/10. plz enlighten me if you disagree.....

YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By YoungGunna

lol...Moonstone being a threat to Superman is just plain silly. She has shown nothing near his level and listing Superman's rouges wont getcha far.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@buttersdaman000

1. Metallo is no where near superman's power level, he is around 50 tons max, same with Luthor's armor, and toyman's gadgets, Ms.Marvel will hurt superman, she won't beat him, but she will hurt him.

2. Superman in order to beat Sentry is going to need to focus on sentry, which will be hard to do when you have three other heavy hitters attacking you simultaneously 

3 he's not going to suddenly become immune to a weakness that has be exploited for years, sonics have and will bring him to his knees, and the other team won't be effected for the same reason the Birds of Prey aren't affected when Black Canary uses her scream, or when the Teen Titans aren't affected when cyborg uses his sonics, it's not targeted to them

4.i can't think of one example where red sunlight hasn't taken away his powers, maybe an elsewheres story or something, but it is quite cannon that red sun light will drain him.

5. if it is coated in lead, Superman will NOT feel the kryptonite, or even know it's there, that's why Batman is so good at hiding it from him.also, lead blocks out his xray vision too, so he's not seeing it, and third, he will have no idea of Bullseye's presence, let alone where to look for him.

i keep talking about the possibilities of prep because it's such a major factor in this fight, i like Superman, he's one of my favorite heroes, but i'm not gonna let bias cloud logic, he can't win this fight.
King_Namor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By King_Namor

Superman loses why?
Superman cant fly
he has no powers
his name is "superman" but yet his cousin "Supergirl" is stronger than him.
He hits Lois Lane.
He Sexually Harasses Wonder Woman and Power Girl
He uses his bi-focal glasses to peep on girls in the bathroom during his lunch break from his job as a plumber.

Dark Avengers win Because they can blow up RUSSIA!!!!

No but seriously Dark Avengers win--- 
They have more knowledge on Superman + they have prep.
Even though the version of sentry has changed that would be enough to slow superman down.
Superman has his morals on he is not going to be cheap and do all this cheap stuff you all say he would do to win.
Bullseye never misses (at least thats what the people say) So yes he could definitely do some damage.
Supes has gotten hit before not paying attention and that will happen here.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By buttersdaman000
@The Stegman said:

@buttersdaman000:   1. Metallo is no where near superman's power level, he is around 50 tons max, same with Luthor's armor, and toyman's gadgets, Ms.Marvel will hurt superman, she won't beat him, but she will hurt him.  2. Superman in order to beat Sentry is going to need to focus on sentry, which will be hard to do when you have three other heavy hitters attacking you simultaneously   3 he's not going to suddenly become immune to a weakness that has be exploited for years, sonics have and will bring him to his knees, and the other team won't be effected for the same reason the Birds of Prey aren't affected when Black Canary uses her scream, or when the Teen Titans aren't affected when cyborg uses his sonics, it's not targeted to them  4.i can't think of one example where red sunlight hasn't taken away his powers, maybe an elsewheres story or something, but it is quite cannon that red sun light will drain him.  5. if it is coated in lead, Superman will NOT feel the kryptonite, or even know it's there, that's why Batman is so good at hiding it from him.also, lead blocks out his xray vision too, so he's not seeing it, and third, he will have no idea of Bullseye's presence, let alone where to look for him.  i keep talking about the possibilities of prep because it's such a major factor in this fight, i like Superman, he's one of my favorite heroes, but i'm not gonna let bias cloud logic, he can't win this fight.

1. And where did you get these estimates from? I would also like to remind you that Metallo weakens Superman by being close to him......
2. Nah.....not as much as your thinking....yeah....three heavy hitters in their own terms, not to Superman. At All.
3. Off the top of the dome example of Superman overcoming sonics, if you need more i'll look for em: 
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

4. Action Comics #847. Superman is continuously drained by red sun radiation but he is still able to tank a Supernova. And another time where....Ruin(?).....I think was shooting him with the red sun gun and it was sapping his powers. One shot didnt leave him powerless, it took multiple shots. 
5. I wasnt even responding to that. I know that he wont be able to see/feel it if its coated in lead. But whats this about him not being able to see bullseye? Is he gonna hide behind a lead wall and peek-a-boo Superman?

Yeah......no bias here. You can say that all you want....but Superman still wins
Oh ans I had the DA winning before the OP changed the version of Sentry....so yeah........
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By PikminMania
@The Stegman: The ONLY reason Superman loses is because he has morals on, which is really weird because he just saw his "girlfriend" dead.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By YoungGunna

Has Bullseye ever tagged someone with nanosecond reation timing comparable to Superman's? None of would be much of a threat even Sentry who he could just take to space to face him there with Superman being Sundipped, Sentry would be swiftly deafeated. When he comes back for the rest Supes doesnt have to get within range of them he could defeat and disarm all them there by using his freeze breath and heat vision which is perfectly appliable even with his morals on. Moonstone even when intangible can be harmed by an opponent who can vibrate there molecules which Superman happens to do...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@buttersdaman000

1. I got my estimates from feats, i've never seen metallo lift anything more than maybe a truck or possibly a tank, he weakens superman when he gets near him, but even without the kryptonite heart superman still feels metallo's blows

2. they are heavy hitters on their own terms, alone they won't stand a chance, together they are a major threat 

3. i thought you might bring up the silver banshee scene, and he's not overwhelming sonics, he's suffocating Banshee by taking her to space, something he won't be able to do with Osborn since he isn't the only immediate threat.

4. It doesn't matter how long it takes to effect him, or to what degree, red sun radiation drastically weakens his abilities, i'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and say one blast won't completely drain him, but it WILL cut his powers in half, repeated blasts will take him down.

5. he won't hide behind a lead, wall, he can simply hid out of sight, as i mentioned Superman does not even know Bullseye exists, how will he be looking for someone when he doesn't know he should be looking for someone? knowing superman he will focus on the immediate threat, Osborn's Avengers.
YoungGunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By YoungGunna

All Superman has to do is beat Sentry in another location then come back and freeze breath the rest before they could even react....

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By buttersdaman000
@The Stegman
1. So basically you just guessed his strength, putting it at a level that would help your case? The fact that he is a Superman rogue who scraps with Supes should prove that his strength is much higher than just 100 tons
2. No, not even together...still not in Superman's league....
3. What? The way he beat her doesnt even matter. I showed you a scan of him shrugging off sonic attacks from Silver Banshee, proving that Osborns sonic attacks wont be nearly as useful as you say
4. What proof do you have that one or two blast will cut his power in half? Ive given you examples of him taking red sun radiation blast and still retaining most of his strength and powers. But yeah, repeated blast will eventually take him down......what makes you think he would stand there and take it?
5. Ok.....but the immediate threat will be dealt with immediately, with only Sentry proving to be any challenge. He will eventually find Hawkeye and deal with him.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#80  Edited By Dex_Starr

Superman wins.  Contrary to popular belief the Void isn't immune to physical damage. 

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@Enzeru
I didn't bother to read your post for reasons I've stated before. However, Jenkins Sentry soloing caught my eye. I don't agree with that.
Transmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#82  Edited By Transmetal

Superman beats everyone except Ares and Sentry who rip him in half
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By RoyalDivinity
@Enzeru
Superman is no weaker to magic as much as a normal human. However, he has shown to resist lower forms of magic though. 

Void is a dues ex machina, Jenkins Sentry is a watered down version of Superman in terms of feats.
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By jashro44
@Enzeru said:

@PunkMastaFlex said:

@Enzeru: I didn't bother to read your post for reasons I've stated before. However, Jenkins Sentry soloing caught my eye. I don't agree with that.
I'm not wondering about that. After all, you said that Superman is highly resistant against magic users.And everyone who ever had Sentrys first two volumes in the hands and has atleast half of a brain, knows that the Jenkins Sentry is stronger then the Void-juiced version in Siege.
scans?
LoggerRythm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By LoggerRythm
@greeneagle: That is what fan boys think will happen between Supes and Sentry due to recognition. 
Then the actual fight happens, Sentry accidentally sneezes just before the "Blitz" thus sending Super Man into another dimension. 
The End.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#87  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Does any of this matter? Jenkins Sentry is not current.

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@JediXMan said:
Probably already know this, but Jenkins Sentry is being used in this battle (as far as I recall).
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#89  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@Dark Cloud™ said:
@JediXMan said:
Probably already know this, but Jenkins Sentry is being used in this battle (as far as I recall).
Ah. My mistake; carry on.
0_Apocalypse_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By 0_Apocalypse_0

@enzeru said:

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Sentry solos.

This.

And even giving Bullseye kryptonite arrows <_> That's weird. Ares could take one of the arrows and solo Superman by just standing next to him and then killing him off.

Maximum spite.

This.