#1 Posted by jashro44 (29760 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

VS

Solid Snake

Rules

• Morals are on
  • Random encounter
  • Win by KO/Incapacitation/death
  • Snake has a pistol with unlimited bullets but must reload along with a combat knife
  • Daredevil has his billy club

• Begin visible
  • Begin 30 feet apart
  • Fight takes place here:

Who wins and why?

#2 Edited by HigorM (5769 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: I´ll support Daredevil here. He is used to face and defeat armed enemies, specially the ones that uses fireweapons. Not just random thugs and canon fodders, but skilled and marksmanship foes such as Bullseye and even Punisher. I don´t know what Solid Snake can bring to the table considering that Matt already dealt with this kind of threat before.

Daredevil seems superior to me in almost every single aspect. He possess enough agility and skill to avoid the pistol and is superior at close combat. Not to mention that he can disarm the enemy with the billy clubs, if that happen then Snake is doomed.

Not to mention that the environment slightly favors DD considering it possess some dark spots..

That´s my opinion..

#3 Posted by Nefarious (28045 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about making this battle awhile back. I think Daredevil wins. He is more agile and his senses will help him greatly.

#4 Edited by Ddecourt (811 posts) - - Show Bio

Solid Snake might be more than DD can chew. He has dealt with people who are stronger and faster than DD(Gray Fox, Vamp anyone?) and though Snake doesn't have Big Boss level CQC, he is still pretty solid in that area. It'll be a good fight no doubt but I see Snake taking this.

#5 Posted by James_Lockart (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Both can win.

Going with DD. Gut feeling.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (218445 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil for the win

I just don't know of any feats for Solid Snake that makes me think he is quite a good of a fighter as Matt is.

#7 Posted by jashro44 (29760 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by nick_hero22 (8226 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil

#9 Posted by jashro44 (29760 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by HigorM (5769 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by CalebHara (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: lol my thoughts exactly :) I'm curious about his opinion on this one.

#12 Posted by jashro44 (29760 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by nickzambuto (18575 posts) - - Show Bio

Edit

#14 Posted by lukehero (19556 posts) - - Show Bio

Dardevil bats away his bullets.

#15 Posted by BeaconofStrength (9433 posts) - - Show Bio

David.

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (27357 posts) - - Show Bio

Boss is better then snake in CQC? I though Solid was his superior in everything?

#17 Posted by BeaconofStrength (9433 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: When it comes to CQC: Big Boss>Ocelot>Snake>everyone else. Solid Snake is also technically the inferior clone, it's just that his willpower gives him bullsh!t strong abilities on top of his great physicals.

#18 Edited by AllStarSuperman (27357 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by nickzambuto (18575 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: @beaconofstrength Is full of BS. Snake beat Big Boss twice when he had every conceivable disadvantage stacked against him.

#21 Posted by AllStarSuperman (27357 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: except will power, am I right?

Beacon vs Nick

Fight fight fight!

#22 Edited by BeaconofStrength (9433 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: But they both weren't in their physical primes during both their face-offs; we have no idea how the fight would of played out if they fought during their physical and mental primes. And Big Boss is definitely better in CQC, in comparison to Snake. Solid Snake is still the inferior clone, in canon. And lets be honest, Solid Snake does have will-based powerset that allows him to do anything; the microwave incident literally proves that.

That being said, Kojima would never allow Solid Snake to lose to Big Boss, and I understand that; but Big Boss still has feats that are on par with, and in some cases better, when comparred to Snake's feats.

I'll internet fist-fight you over this.

#23 Edited by AllStarSuperman (27357 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: internet fist fights are for the weak. You've got to get his address and challenge him to a real life street fight. Then make poetry with your fists.

#25 Posted by MonsterStomp (24581 posts) - - Show Bio

MG fans are confusing. You can't gauge an accurate level on Snake.

#26 Posted by BeaconofStrength (9433 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: We have a relatively accurate level of both Snakes. We just argue over which Snake is better.

#27 Posted by MonsterStomp (24581 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: I meant "you" as in broaden terms of "myself" (and probably anyone else who's having trouble placing Solid on a scale).

#28 Posted by BeaconofStrength (9433 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Yeah, it's kind of hard to pace the Snakes at first, considering dispatch people who on a higher caliber than them for lunch. It took me a long while to place them on a scale.

#29 Posted by SlimJ87D (11828 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#30 Posted by nickzambuto (18575 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

Snake. Physicals and Skill is as proven as Matt but Snake is smarter, and has better gear.

The only reason DD has a chance is lack of ear for Snake here. Deal with it.

#32 Posted by BeaconofStrength (9433 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Frozen (19799 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by nickzambuto (18575 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by nick_hero22 (8226 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by mikex20 (3133 posts) - - Show Bio

If there are no cardboard boxes to hide in, Daredevil wins.

#37 Posted by Silverrings (3120 posts) - - Show Bio

I think victory depends a lot on how they use their environment, as both of them are stealthy buggers who employ their own guerilla tactics, so getting the drop on each other would become top priority if they didn't start by just charging at each other. If they did, however, i'm pretty sure Matt has the edge over Snake in physicality and skill, although not by a huge margin. Snake's best bet would be to run and hide at first and then attempt a sneak attack, but that's obviously very difficult to pull on the guy who can hear pins drop from blocks away. If they go guerilla, i think Snake could win, but if and when they closed the distance i'd back Matt.

#38 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (4411 posts) - - Show Bio

A stealth master versus a blind guy? Snake would curbstomp Matt

#39 Posted by NotATreeABush (4895 posts) - - Show Bio

Slod Snak wans

#40 Posted by MonsterStomp (24581 posts) - - Show Bio

A stealth master versus a blind guy? Snake would curbstomp Matt

Seriously? That's the logic you're rolling with?

#41 Posted by Kokemabb200 (1616 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Matt

#42 Posted by PsychoPsychology (157 posts) - - Show Bio

This is tough... with morals on I guess Snake would probably kill DD...

#43 Posted by SirBaronOBeefdip (919 posts) - - Show Bio

@beaconofstrength: What? Big Boss=Solidsnake>ocelot>everyone else in cqc. Snake bested ocelot in mgs4 he even put a hurtin on vamp with it. Its arguable who's better at cqc with snake and big boss but snake did beat him twice in combat.

Anyways I say snake takes this especially in h2h

#45 Posted by Beta-56 (72 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Daredevil.

#46 Edited by BeaconofStrength (9433 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Edited by Bane_of_sith (2911 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil FTW. Stronger, faster, bullet timer, more agility...he's got him beat in every category. Daredevil has taken super soldier nuke, captain america. He, even beat mr.hyde ( 50 tonner) with one shot. Matt won't have a problem dropping hi with a pressure point or bone breaking strike,,both of which he has used many times,,even against wolverine. Call it pis but it happened.

#48 Posted by TheBournePoster (2388 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

Snake still wins. Even with limited gear lol.

#50 Posted by highaccuser (12175 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is still faster and more skilled.