Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CosmicSpiral

Daredevil #511
Daredevil #511

No Caption Provided

Carmilla has a S.H.I.E.L.D. file on Daredevil and 48 hours of prep. Daredevil knows about her unique biological condition but nothing about the indigested S.P.I.N. tech. Battle takes place at midnight, on top of an apartment building in Brooklyn.  

EDIT: This is Daredevil as seen in Shadowland. Carmilla is looking to kill him.  

The biographies and power sets of both characters are located below.  

Daredevil 
Carmilla Black
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

bump
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I haven't seen Carmilla Black since House of M.I have no idea what she can do now.Is she as strong or as fast as Gargan as Scorpion?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
I know virtually nothing of Carmilla aside from her one appearance in CU: X-23, and the relatively recent ASM.
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Amegashita

I can see the battle going either way but I'm a little more inclined to choose Scorpion in this battle based on varying conditions.

Bolzar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bolzar

I'm going with Scorpion assuming she has her current tech on her. She was able to tag Spider-Man and completely de-power him for a short time. Now think how good a fighter Daredevil would be without his radar.....exactly.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iLLituracy

Daredevil. Carmilla won't get close enough to use her sting. The best thing Carmilla did that I can remember was kill Paladin, but that was in a room full of villain tech/weaponry that they were using against one another. I'm pretty sure Daredevil'd be able to smell the chemicals her arm secretes, as well, so even if she did get close enough to use it he'd most likely know to avoid it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Is this "stop it or else I'll drop you with a nerve strike...Seriously, don't make me!" Daredevil or "You use that arm? Not any more." Daredevil?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" Is this "stop it or else I'll drop you with a nerve strike...Seriously, don't make me!" Daredevil or "You use that arm? Not any more." Daredevil? "
The pic, and forum rules would imply the latter.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" Is this "stop it or else I'll drop you with a nerve strike...Seriously, don't make me!" Daredevil or "You use that arm? Not any more." Daredevil? "
The pic, and forum rules would imply the latter. "

I assumed as much, but I'd like confirmation.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@iLLituracy said:
" Daredevil. Carmilla won't get close enough to use her sting. The best thing Carmilla did that I can remember was kill Paladin, but that was in a room full of villain tech/weaponry that they were using against one another. I'm pretty sure Daredevil'd be able to smell the chemicals her arm secretes, as well, so even if she did get close enough to use it he'd most likely know to avoid it. "
She killed Paladin? Then how is he appearing in Shadowland?
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iLLituracy
@Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" Daredevil. Carmilla won't get close enough to use her sting. The best thing Carmilla did that I can remember was kill Paladin, but that was in a room full of villain tech/weaponry that they were using against one another. I'm pretty sure Daredevil'd be able to smell the chemicals her arm secretes, as well, so even if she did get close enough to use it he'd most likely know to avoid it. "
She killed Paladin? Then how is he appearing in Shadowland? "
It was temporary. Her SHIELD handlers hired him and set up a situation where he looked like he was looting a facility where there was a bunch of super-villain tech and she was put in the situation by Paladin to kill or be killed [which was what he was actually hired for]. She killed him but he supposedly survived because SHIELD gave him something to counteract her sting prior to their encounter and his durability, I think, so his death was short before he came back.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@Vance Astro:
Good question. 

Going to look up this Carmilla person now......
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@iLLituracy said:
It was temporary. Her SHIELD handlers hired him and set up a situation where he looked like he was looting a facility where there was a bunch of super-villain tech and she was put in the situation by Paladin to kill or be killed [which was what he was actually hired for]. She killed him but he supposedly survived because SHIELD gave him something to counteract her sting prior to their encounter and his durability, I think, so his death was short before he came back. "
Oh ok.Thanks for the info.
Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Amegashita
@iLLituracy:  I think we're using current Carmilla
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iLLituracy
@Vance Astro: No prob. 

@Amegashita: There isn't much difference other than she has a tail and she has SPIN tech that temporarily takes powers. I'm pretty sure he'd still be able to smell the chemical whether she's secreting it from her arm or not.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Erik
@k4tzm4n said:
Lol.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
"I know virtually nothing of Carmilla aside from her one appearance in CU: X-23, and the relatively recent ASM. "

My memory is so fail.  I was trying to remember what happened in that issue.  I know my buddy, Tombstone, was in it.  Didn't her tail penetrate his skin? Implying it's likely an adamantium or vibranium tipped needle? Or am I just making things up?
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CosmicSpiral

The rules have been slightly changed and details have been cleared up.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"I know virtually nothing of Carmilla aside from her one appearance in CU: X-23, and the relatively recent ASM. "

My memory is so fail.  I was trying to remember what happened in that issue.  I know my buddy, Tombstone, was in it.  Didn't her tail penetrate his skin? Implying it's likely an adamantium or vibranium tipped needle? Or am I just making things up? "
No. He bit her, and she stung him with her tail as a result, but there was no implication from her behalf of the tip being composed of adamantium, or any other virtually unbreakeable material, at least from what I can recall.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_:
But her stinger did penetrate his skin, yes?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_:
But her stinger did penetrate his skin, yes? "
Judging from his painful reaction, it should.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Morpheus_:
But her stinger did penetrate his skin, yes? "
Judging from his painful reaction, it should. "

That must have been where I had the thought from.  Based on her having technology from shield and her tail being able to penetrate Tombstone's durable skin, I'm going on the assumption she's using a very high end material....And since shield tends to toss around those materials like candy, I don't find it to be unlikely it could be adamantium.  Not that this factor would really impact the current battle, but it's an interesting note to discuss.