Daredevil vs Lizard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KillerCroc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KillerCroc09

Fight takes place in New York. Who wins. 

vs. 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
DD can only use his environment and astonishing senses to incapacitate the Lizard. Other than that, he has absolutely no way of hurting him, let alone KOing him (when even Spidey himself suffers to restrain him). His durability is exceptional, his physical attributes comparable to those of Spider-man, and a single blow, or slash should suffice to take the Devil down. DD has a chance if he has time to prepare, along with a suitable (to him) location. In a 1on1 cage fight, doc wins this 10/10. No, on second thought, 11/10.
KillerCroc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KillerCroc09

I say Lizard wins.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By geraldthesloth

Lizard will beat Daredevil bad

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" DD can only use his environment and astonishing senses to incapacitate the Lizard. Other than that, he has absolutely no way of hurting him, let alone KOing him (when even Spidey himself suffers to restrain him). His durability is exceptional, his physical attributes comparable to those of Spider-man, and a single blow, or slash should suffice to take the Devil down. DD has a chance if he has time to prepare, along with a suitable (to him) location. In a 1on1 cage fight, doc wins this 10/10. No, on second thought, 11/10. "
DD has hurt people on plenty of occasions alot more durable than the Lizard so....DD wins.The fight takes place in NY too.DD definitely wins.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" DD can only use his environment and astonishing senses to incapacitate the Lizard. Other than that, he has absolutely no way of hurting him, let alone KOing him (when even Spidey himself suffers to restrain him). His durability is exceptional, his physical attributes comparable to those of Spider-man, and a single blow, or slash should suffice to take the Devil down. DD has a chance if he has time to prepare, along with a suitable (to him) location. In a 1on1 cage fight, doc wins this 10/10. No, on second thought, 11/10. "
DD has hurt people on plenty of occasions alot more durable than the Lizard so....DD wins.The fight takes place in NY too.DD definitely wins. "

And he has also been hurt by lesser people before. Give me a viable way of how DD can hurt the Lizard, and then I'm willing to debate this. Strangle him perhaps? I've seen the Lizard getting stabbed to the chest and emerging seconds later. DD needs to get close to do anything, and the Lizard would need to connect once to rip DD in half...His animalistic nature cannot be reasoned with. Also, NY is a huge city. Assuming that DD would win because they fight there is nota sufficient reason. I've already admitted however, that DD's shot at winning this is a favourable location.
JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JThree47693

I am going with Lizard on this one.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
DD has hurt people on plenty of occasions alot more durable than the Lizard so....DD wins.The fight takes place in NY too.DD definitely wins. "

And he has also been hurt by lesser people before. Give me a viable way of how DD can hurt the Lizard, and then I'm willing to debate this. Strangle him perhaps? I've seen the Lizard getting stabbed to the chest and emerging seconds later. DD needs to get close to do anything, and the Lizard would need to connect once to rip DD in half...His animalistic nature cannot be reasoned with. Also, NY is a huge city. Assuming that DD would win because they fight there is nota sufficient reason. I've already admitted however, that DD's shot at winning this is a favourable location. "
Who has been hurt by lesser? DD? And? What does that have to do with him being able to hurt the Lizard? 
How can DD hurt the Lizard? Nerve strikes with his billy clubs.I doubt those don't work on the Lizard seeing as how DD has used them on Androids and Robots..you know humanoids without nerves. 
Wolverine can get stabbed in the chest and be fine but still be knocked unconscious.You can't heal from that. 
DD doesn't have a problem with speed.He's been able to dodge people with superhuman speed no problem..even control the entire fight against them. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

And he has also been hurt by lesser people before. Give me a viable way of how DD can hurt the Lizard, and then I'm willing to debate this. Strangle him perhaps? I've seen the Lizard getting stabbed to the chest and emerging seconds later. DD needs to get close to do anything, and the Lizard would need to connect once to rip DD in half...His animalistic nature cannot be reasoned with. Also, NY is a huge city. Assuming that DD would win because they fight there is nota sufficient reason. I've already admitted however, that DD's shot at winning this is a favourable location. "
Who has been hurt by lesser? DD? And? What does that have to do with him being able to hurt the Lizard? How can DD hurt the Lizard? Nerve strikes with his billy clubs.I doubt those don't work on the Lizard seeing as how DD has used them on Androids and Robots..you know humanoids without nerves. Wolverine can get stabbed in the chest and be fine but still be knocked unconscious.You can't heal from that. DD doesn't have a problem with speed.He's been able to dodge people with superhuman speed no problem..even control the entire fight against them.  "
1) You brought up him hurting more durable people than Lizard...I responded accordingly.
2) As I said, that is uncertain. And I don't doubt that DD has kept up with faster people before...I doubt his ability to pull it off here. You say that since they fight in NY DD wins...So since they fight there, I can also assume that they begin facing each other (battle forum rules), and they fight in the sewers under NY, where DD has much less space to move, and dodge before actually devising an offensive strategy. Until the OP gives an exact location, we can only speculate.
3) Of course the Lizard can be KOed. But as I already said, I believe that DD's potential to KO him here is limited, due to the fact that the closer he gets, the more the Lizard's chances increase for him to critically injure him.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

Who has been hurt by lesser? DD? And? What does that have to do with him being able to hurt the Lizard? How can DD hurt the Lizard? Nerve strikes with his billy clubs.I doubt those don't work on the Lizard seeing as how DD has used them on Androids and Robots..you know humanoids without nerves. Wolverine can get stabbed in the chest and be fine but still be knocked unconscious.You can't heal from that. DD doesn't have a problem with speed.He's been able to dodge people with superhuman speed no problem..even control the entire fight against them.  "
1) You brought up him hurting more durable people than Lizard...I responded accordingly.
2) As I said, that is uncertain. And I don't doubt that DD has kept up with faster people before...I doubt his ability to pull it off here. You say that since they fight in NY DD wins...So since they fight there, I can also assume that they begin facing each other (battle forum rules), and they fight in the sewers under NY, where DD has much less space to move, and dodge before actually devising an offensive strategy. Until the OP gives an exact location, we can only speculate.
3) Of course the Lizard can be KOed. But as I already said, I believe that DD's potential to KO him here is limited, due to the fact that the closer he gets, the more the Lizard's chances increase for him to critically injure him. "
1.I don't understand what DD's durability has to do with his ability to hurt people alot more durable than he is. 
2.Why do you doubt DD's ability to keep up with the Lizard? I don't think it matters if they are in the sewer because.... 
A.DD can leave the sewer 
B.He has dodge people of superhuman speed in close quarters.He doesn't need to use his acrobatic ability to get out the way. 
3.I don't see how the Lizard is any different than any other 10 to 80 toner that DD has one shotted with a nerve strike.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:

3) Of course the Lizard can be KOed. But as I already said, I believe that DD's potential to KO him here is limited, due to the fact that the closer he gets, the more the Lizard's chances increase for him to critically injure him. "
1.I don't understand what DD's durability has to do with his ability to hurt people alot more durable than he is. 2.Why do you doubt DD's ability to keep up with the Lizard? I don't think it matters if they are in the sewer because.... A.DD can leave the sewer B.He has dodge people of superhuman speed in close quarters.He doesn't need to use his acrobatic ability to get out the way. 3.I don't see how the Lizard is any different than any other 10 to 80 toner that DD has one shotted with a nerve strike. "
1) KOing other, stronger, and more durable opponents doesn't necessitate victory against any opposition. If this were the case, DD would be unbeatable; he isn't.
2) i) He can't leave if there is no exit nearby. And this is a fight, not hide and seek. ii) He has, but the Lizard is less susceptible to fatigue than he is. The more the fight prolongues, the more the Lizard will gain the upper hand.
3) We can agree to disagree then. I firmly believe that the chances of the Lizard to one shoot DD are far more than those of DD doing so (if it is indeed possible to one shoot him). The Lizard has demonstrated the ability to land hits on Spider-man, a far more agile (even though far less skilled)  combatant, without difficulty at close range (and DD has to get close to achieve a nerve strike). The difference between them is, Spider-man can take it. DD can't.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
1) KOing other, stronger, and more durable opponents doesn't necessitate victory against any opposition. If this were the case, DD would be unbeatable; he isn't.
2) i) He can't leave if there is no exit nearby. And this is a fight, not hide and seek. ii) He has, but the Lizard is less susceptible to fatigue than he is. The more the fight prolongues, the more the Lizard will gain the upper hand.
3) We can agree to disagree then. I firmly believe that the chances of the Lizard to one shoot DD are far more than those of DD doing so (if it is indeed possible to one shoot him). The Lizard has demonstrated the ability to land hits on Spider-man, a far more agile (even though far less skilled)  combatant, without difficulty at close range (and DD has to get close to achieve a nerve strike). The difference between them is, Spider-man can take it. DD can't.
"
1.No...Ko'ing stronger more durable people proves DD can do it.The Lizard doesn't have any powers or traits that DD hasn't dealt with.He's not anywhere near as smart or smarter than DD in combat.He's not faster than what DD can tag or dodge,he's not too durable for DD to hurt..so what is he going to do? 

2.The fight's not hide in seek but who said the exit isn't right near where they are? How is the Lizard one shotting DD more likely when the Lizard doesn't have the track record he has.Between DD's ability to dodge shots from superhumans and his far superior fighting skill and combat I.Q,I don't see how that makes any sense. 

3.The ability to land shots on Spider-Man? DD threw his billy club at SYMBIOTE Spider-Man and was behind him before he even knew DD moved.I don't see how his agility means anything when DD is the far better acrobat and has kept up with Spider-Man,Beast (owned him actually),and Nightcrawler.Why would close range be a problem for DD when he's the better fighter? He's beaten more powerful people than the Lizard with his radar sense blocked.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Lizard 9/10 (DD gets one for an extremely lucky environmental win) 

Lizards advantages: 
-Far superior durability capable of withstanding explosions/small arms fire 
-Far superior reach (especially if we include the tail) 
-Far superior speed 
-Healing factor 
-Far superior endurance 
-FAR superior strength 
-Claws and teeth to further damage 

Daredevil's advantages: 
-Technique 
-Experience 

Unfortunately for Daredevil, his two advantages (While they may allow him to defeat many), won't be enough here.  I have an extremely difficult time believing DD could pack enough force to stun, and then properly KO Lizard...Where-as one tail hit with Lizard is enough to turn the tide immediately.  Not to mention all of Lizard's advantages do far more to compensate for Daredevil's advanced technique.  This is an extremelyunfair battle.
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sevennames27
@k4tzm4n said:
"
Lizard 9/10 (DD gets one for an extremely lucky environmental win) 

Lizards advantages: 
-Far superior durability capable of withstanding explosions/small arms fire 
-Far superior reach (especially if we include the tail) 
-Far superior speed 
-Healing factor 
-Far superior endurance 
-FAR superior strength 
-Claws and teeth to further damage 

Daredevil's advantages: 
-Technique 
-Experience 

Unfortunately for Daredevil, his two advantages (While they may allow him to defeat many), won't be enough here.  I have an extremely difficult time believing DD could pack enough force to stun, and then properly KO Lizard...Where-as one tail hit with Lizard is enough to turn the tide immediately.  Not to mention all of Lizard's advantages do far more to compensate for Daredevil's advanced technique.  This is an extremelyunfair battle. "

I have to go with this.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"
1.No...Ko'ing stronger more durable people proves DD can do it.The Lizard doesn't have any powers or traits that DD hasn't dealt with.He's not anywhere near as smart or smarter than DD in combat.He's not faster than what DD can tag or dodge,he's not too durable for DD to hurt..so what is he going to do?  2.The fight's not hide in seek but who said the exit isn't right near where they are? How is the Lizard one shotting DD more likely when the Lizard doesn't have the track record he has.Between DD's ability to dodge shots from superhumans and his far superior fighting skill and combat I.Q,I don't see how that makes any sense.  3.The ability to land shots on Spider-Man? DD threw his billy club at SYMBIOTE Spider-Man and was behind him before he even knew DD moved.I don't see how his agility means anything when DD is the far better acrobat and has kept up with Spider-Man,Beast (owned him actually),and Nightcrawler.Why would close range be a problem for DD when he's the better fighter? He's beaten more powerful people than the Lizard with his radar sense blocked. "
1) I never disregarded his potential to do it. Nor his intelligence...But even though I'm smarter than the Lizard, that wouldn't save me from getting ripped in half by him. And so wouldn't Daredevil. As for him not being fast, or durable enough, what can I say? We're running down in circles here. I have repeatedly stated that the Lizard needs one shot to injure, or kill DD. With DD at very close range, I find more likely for the Lizard to land that one hit he needs due to his feriociousness, and the good use of both his fangs, claws, and tail,  than DD to apply the right amount of pressure  to KO him while completely avoiding getting hit from all the above mentioned.
2) No one said where the exit is. That was the point. We have no exact location.
3) DD doing anything to symbiote Spider-man, or moving in speed beyond his comprehension is PIS (no matter how good the actual story was), as established from the showings both characters have. Also, since you are referring to the Jean DeWolff fight, I believe that DD admitted that if it weren't for Peter's anger clouding his judgment during the fight, he wouldn't have been able to defeat him. I don't know when DD has fought Beast, or Nightcrawler (I take your word for it), but taking into consideration the complete difference in character morals between these two and the Lizard (I doubt Beast, of all people would go for kill shots, unless he was mind controlled), I still stand by my first evaluation.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"
1.No...Ko'ing stronger more durable people proves DD can do it.The Lizard doesn't have any powers or traits that DD hasn't dealt with.He's not anywhere near as smart or smarter than DD in combat.He's not faster than what DD can tag or dodge,he's not too durable for DD to hurt..so what is he going to do?  2.The fight's not hide in seek but who said the exit isn't right near where they are? How is the Lizard one shotting DD more likely when the Lizard doesn't have the track record he has.Between DD's ability to dodge shots from superhumans and his far superior fighting skill and combat I.Q,I don't see how that makes any sense.  3.The ability to land shots on Spider-Man? DD threw his billy club at SYMBIOTE Spider-Man and was behind him before he even knew DD moved.I don't see how his agility means anything when DD is the far better acrobat and has kept up with Spider-Man,Beast (owned him actually),and Nightcrawler.Why would close range be a problem for DD when he's the better fighter? He's beaten more powerful people than the Lizard with his radar sense blocked. "
1) I never disregarded his potential to do it. Nor his intelligence...But even though I'm smarter than the Lizard, that wouldn't save me from getting ripped in half by him. And so wouldn't Daredevil. As for him not being fast, or durable enough, what can I say? We're running down in circles here. I have repeatedly stated that the Lizard needs one shot to injure, or kill DD. With DD at very close range, I find more likely for the Lizard to land that one hit he needs due to his feriociousness, and the good use of both his fangs, claws, and tail,  than DD to apply the right amount of pressure  to KO him while completely avoiding getting hit from all the above mentioned.
2) No one said where the exit is. That was the point. We have no exact location.
3) DD doing anything to symbiote Spider-man, or moving in speed beyond his comprehension is PIS (no matter how good the actual story was), as established from the showings both characters have. Also, since you are referring to the Jean DeWolff fight, I believe that DD admitted that if it weren't for Peter's anger clouding his judgment during the fight, he wouldn't have been able to defeat him. I don't know when DD has fought Beast, or Nightcrawler (I take your word for it), but taking into consideration the complete difference in character morals between these two and the Lizard (I doubt Beast, of all people would go for kill shots, unless he was mind controlled), I still stand by my first evaluation.
"

1.You're also not Daredevil.You don't have his speed and agility so that comparison doesn't help you at all.We're going around in circles because you're not taking in account that DD could just as easily take the Lizard down with one hit.That one shot you say the Lizard needs..doesn't have to connect. 

2.DD doesn't need an exit.He can K.O the Lizard. 

3.It can't be PIS if he keeps doing it.Yes,DD said that he wouldn't have beaten Spider-Man if his anger wasn't clouding his judgement,but my point has nothing to do with him beating Spider-Man but tagging him with the symbiote on (which increases physical ability including speed) before he could react.Spider-Man didn't even know where he was and he has precog.Also I didn't bring up Spider-Man,Beast or Nightcrawler to say DD can beat them so he can beat the Lizard.I brought them up because you said the Lizard has better agility.My point was what does it matter if his agility is enough for him to keep up with other people who have it on superhuman levels but are also Master level acrobats?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"
"
 1.You're also not Daredevil.You don't have his speed and agility so that comparison doesn't help you at all.We're going around in circles because you're not taking in account that DD could just as easily take the Lizard down with one hit.That one shot you say the Lizard needs..doesn't have to connect.  2.DD doesn't need an exit.He can K.O the Lizard.  3.It can't be PIS if he keeps doing it.Yes,DD said that he wouldn't have beaten Spider-Man if his anger wasn't clouding his judgement,but my point has nothing to do with him beating Spider-Man but tagging him with the symbiote on (which increases physical ability including speed) before he could react.Spider-Man didn't even know where he was and he has precog.Also I didn't bring up Spider-Man,Beast or Nightcrawler to say DD can beat them so he can beat the Lizard.I brought them up because you said the Lizard has better agility.My point was what does it matter if his agility is enough for him to keep up with other people who have it on superhuman levels but are also Master level acrobats? "
1) It was an exaggerated response on how intelligence and tactical knowledge does not always grant an edge against physically superior opponents. And I never said I don't take into account DD's skills...I just said I find it unlikely for him to do it here. Nothing wrong with sticking to your opinion, and me to mine.
2) You're missing the point. I keep on saying this: we need an exact location. It's not like NY is a valley or something. Each location differs from another, and that could shift the balance of this fight.
3) I know you did not brought up those characters to prove DD can beat them. But his ability to tag them also depends on their disposition towards him, which is mostly positive. Spider-man, NC and Beast, even in anger would not want to see DD seriously harmed. My point was, the Lizard will have no such problem. Also, Spider-man not knowing where DD is at all, with or without the symbiote, is hard to accept, no matter how many times it has happened.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"
"
 1.You're also not Daredevil.You don't have his speed and agility so that comparison doesn't help you at all.We're going around in circles because you're not taking in account that DD could just as easily take the Lizard down with one hit.That one shot you say the Lizard needs..doesn't have to connect.  2.DD doesn't need an exit.He can K.O the Lizard.  3.It can't be PIS if he keeps doing it.Yes,DD said that he wouldn't have beaten Spider-Man if his anger wasn't clouding his judgement,but my point has nothing to do with him beating Spider-Man but tagging him with the symbiote on (which increases physical ability including speed) before he could react.Spider-Man didn't even know where he was and he has precog.Also I didn't bring up Spider-Man,Beast or Nightcrawler to say DD can beat them so he can beat the Lizard.I brought them up because you said the Lizard has better agility.My point was what does it matter if his agility is enough for him to keep up with other people who have it on superhuman levels but are also Master level acrobats? "
1) It was an exaggerated response on how intelligence and tactical knowledge does not always grant an edge against physically superior opponents. And I never said I don't take into account DD's skills...I just said I find it unlikely for him to do it here. Nothing wrong with sticking to your opinion, and me to mine.
2) You're missing the point. I keep on saying this: we need an exact location. It's not like NY is a valley or something. Each location differs from another, and that could shift the balance of this fight.
3) I know you did not brought up those characters to prove DD can beat them. But his ability to tag them also depends on their disposition towards him, which is mostly positive. Spider-man, NC and Beast, even in anger would not want to see DD seriously harmed. My point was, the Lizard will have no such problem. Also, Spider-man not knowing where DD is at all, with or without the symbiote, is hard to accept, no matter how many times it has happened.
"
1.Since when? When in Marvel has any street leveler not been able to beat someone physically superior (not like Hulk,Juggernaut level but just superhuman) simply because they are more skilled and intelligent in combat? Daredevil has ran through Spider-Man's rouge gallery with pretty much no problem.The Lizard and a few others have only not had the pleasure of getting owned by DD..because they haven't fought him.So my point is this..why would the Lizard be able to beat DD when DD constantly deals with people of similar abilities? The Lizard has no real edge here.Nothing in the Lizards arsenal is above what DD has already dealt with.

2. It doesn't matter where in NY they fight,an office building,a park,a sewer,a power plant,madison square garden,the police station,in a tree.DD is going to break him off.

3.Well I first of all can't see how you don't accept consistency.I second of all don't see how you would make the argument of Spider-Man,NC,and Beast not wanting to hurt DD when he's never actually fought NC..I was just mentioning the fact that he has kept up with him acrobatically,Spider-Man has been bloodlusted against DD twice,and DD was stomping Beast out which even someone who is holding back isn't going to lose simply because they don't want to hurt who their fighting.Also DD has fought villains with that level of speed and agility and kept up...Sabretooth,Ape-Man,Mandrill,Venom etc.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

"
"
"
1.Since when? When in Marvel has any street leveler not been able to beat someone physically superior (not like Hulk,Juggernaut level but just superhuman) simply because they are more skilled and intelligent in combat? Daredevil has ran through Spider-Man's rouge gallery with pretty much no problem.The Lizard and a few others have only not had the pleasure of getting owned by DD..because they haven't fought him.So my point is this..why would the Lizard be able to beat DD when DD constantly deals with people of similar abilities? The Lizard has no real edge here.Nothing in the Lizards arsenal is above what DD has already dealt with. 2. It doesn't matter where in NY they fight,an office building,a park,a sewer,a power plant,madison square garden,the police station,in a tree.DD is going to break him off. 3.Well I first of all can't see how you don't accept consistency.I second of all don't see how you would make the argument of Spider-Man,NC,and Beast not wanting to hurt DD when he's never actually fought NC..I was just mentioning the fact that he has kept up with him acrobatically,Spider-Man has been bloodlusted against DD twice,and DD was stomping Beast out which even someone who is holding back isn't going to lose simply because they don't want to hurt who their fighting.Also DD has fought villains with that level of speed and agility and kept up...Sabretooth,Ape-Man,Mandrill,Venom etc. "

Daredevil got pwned by Scoprion... ;)
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
Daredevil got pwned by Scoprion... ;) "
that's where pretty much comes in.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:

"
1.Since when? When in Marvel has any street leveler not been able to beat someone physically superior (not like Hulk,Juggernaut level but just superhuman) simply because they are more skilled and intelligent in combat? Daredevil has ran through Spider-Man's rouge gallery with pretty much no problem.The Lizard and a few others have only not had the pleasure of getting owned by DD..because they haven't fought him.So my point is this..why would the Lizard be able to beat DD when DD constantly deals with people of similar abilities? The Lizard has no real edge here.Nothing in the Lizards arsenal is above what DD has already dealt with. 2. It doesn't matter where in NY they fight,an office building,a park,a sewer,a power plant,madison square garden,the police station,in a tree.DD is going to break him off. 3.Well I first of all can't see how you don't accept consistency.I second of all don't see how you would make the argument of Spider-Man,NC,and Beast not wanting to hurt DD when he's never actually fought NC..I was just mentioning the fact that he has kept up with him acrobatically,Spider-Man has been bloodlusted against DD twice,and DD was stomping Beast out which even someone who is holding back isn't going to lose simply because they don't want to hurt who their fighting.Also DD has fought villains with that level of speed and agility and kept up...Sabretooth,Ape-Man,Mandrill,Venom etc. "
 1)  i)Generalization.
ii) Irrelevant, even if it is accurate (I don't keep track of every fight DD has been part of, for the last 45 years). Each character is different than another. 
iii) And nothing in DD's arsenal is (physically) beyond what the Lizard has faced before... I keep remaining skeptic as to the fact of DD one shooting the Lizard even with a nerve strike. DD should apply a significant amount of strength to make it work, on a skin as hard and impenetrable as the Lizard's. That is what makes me give the edge to the doc. You have convinced me of decreasing my original percentage of the Lizard's success rate in this fight though. That I will admit. But I still give this to Connors more than 8/10.
2) Believe what you will, but to me the location is important in (almost) any fight.
3) i) You mentioned NC...I said I take your word for it, since I admittedly did not remember them fight...It was you who should have specified the conditions of their encounter - not me.
ii) trying not to harm someone does hinder your fighting abilities however.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Spider-Man himself has stated he cannot hold back when hitting the Lizard...And the Lizard always withstands those hits...How are we to believe a nerve strike from a mere human would be able to damage him, or for that matter, stun him long enough to even attempt to pull a KO.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:

"
Spider-Man himself has stated he cannot hold back when hitting the Lizard...And the Lizard always withstands those hits...How are we to believe a nerve strike from a mere human would be able to damage him, or for that matter, stun him long enough to even attempt to pull a KO. "

Same way Mister Hyde can take hits from Thor,The Thing,Hulk,Cage,and Beta Ray Bill...but not Daredevil.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@k4tzm4n said:
"
Spider-Man himself has stated he cannot hold back when hitting the Lizard...And the Lizard always withstands those hits...How are we to believe a nerve strike from a mere human would be able to damage him, or for that matter, stun him long enough to even attempt to pull a KO. "
I must have mentioned this fact three, or four times in my previous posts...But I get what Vance is saying.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

hasnt dd beaten beast and spiderman also?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" hasnt dd beaten beast also? "
Vance Astro mentioned this, I believe.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

Im not saying who would win..I just think it may be possible for DD to hurt Connors

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" hasnt dd beaten beast and spiderman also? "
He's never actually beaten Spider-Man.Regular Spider-Man has always been brainwashed or something against him and he played Symbiote Spider-Man like a fiddle in the first fight and the second he let DD have it.Beast on the other hand....he should be ashamed of himself.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:

"

Same way Mister Hyde can take hits from Thor,The Thing,Hulk,Cage,and Beta Ray Bill...but not Daredevil. "
Okay, seriously, you've got to fill me in on this. How did Daredevil hurt Hyde, at all, if he can take hits from the people you mentioned? There better be a damn good explanation or it's retarded.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis
@Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:

"

Same way Mister Hyde can take hits from Thor,The Thing,Hulk,Cage,and Beta Ray Bill...but not Daredevil. "
Okay, seriously, you've got to fill me in on this. How did Daredevil hurt Hyde, at all, if he can take hits from the people you mentioned? There better be a damn good explanation or it's retarded. "
maybe he used nerve strikes..not that i actually read the fight..just a guess
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:

"

Okay, seriously, you've got to fill me in on this. How did Daredevil hurt Hyde, at all, if he can take hits from the people you mentioned? There better be a damn good explanation or it's retarded. "
Daredevil knows where to strike people.I've seen him put Elektra to sleep barely touching her.The last fight with Hyde I remember though..DD struck Hyde in the upper midsection causing his lungs to collapse and he was temporarily unable to breathe.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

So calculated strikes in certain spots..that's what I thought..that sounds like DD's style

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @k4tzm4n said:

"

Daredevil knows where to strike people.I've seen him put Elektra to sleep barely touching her.The last fight with Hyde I remember though..DD struck Hyde in the upper midsection causing his lungs to collapse and he was temporarily unable to breathe. "
I'm not going to lie, that sounds sort of dumb given all the examples of people he's taken shots from. I'm not downplaying the merits of nerve-strikes and precision attacks, but when someone like Hulk hits you, or Thor, it shouldn't matter where they hit you.......anywhere you would die unless you had some damn good durability. It seems to me like DD should have broken his hand on Hyde......but that's just me. I mean, Hulk punched Hyde out of a plane once and I assume he lived through that, so I find it pretty strange that DD could do anything to him.....at all.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

Yeah but he should still have vulnerable spots on his body ei pressure points that DD can strike...DD is a pro at striking vulnerable spots

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sparda said:
I'm not going to lie, that sounds sort of dumb given all the examples of people he's taken shots from. I'm not downplaying the merits of nerve-strikes and precision attacks, but when someone like Hulk hits you, or Thor, it shouldn't matter where they hit you.......anywhere you would die unless you had some damn good durability. It seems to me like DD should have broken his hand on Hyde......but that's just me. I mean, Hulk punched Hyde out of a plane once and I assume he lived through that, so I find it pretty strange that DD could do anything to him.....at all. "
Well nerves control parts of the body.If someone where to strike them and just the nerves themselves hard enough they would either not work or have trouble working.Thus getting hit in the face with Mjolnir might not knock you out but getting you're nervous system shut down will.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
"Well nerves control parts of the body.If someone where to strike them and just the nerves themselves hard enough they would either not work or have trouble working.Thus getting hit in the face with Mjolnir might not knock you out but getting you're nervous system shut down will. "
This is true, but hitting only one part of your nervous system wouldn't shut you down completely (unless you went for the spine and incapacitated them). I mean, you can only disable a arm with that arms nerve cluster, I think.

I just think that if Hyde can take a punch from Hulk and remain conscious or not die, then DD should just about make his hand shatter on his skin.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"Well nerves control parts of the body.If someone where to strike them and just the nerves themselves hard enough they would either not work or have trouble working.Thus getting hit in the face with Mjolnir might not knock you out but getting you're nervous system shut down will. "
This is true, but hitting only one part of your nervous system wouldn't shut you down completely (unless you went for the spine and incapacitated them). I mean, you can only disable a arm with that arms nerve cluster, I think.  I just think that if Hyde can take a punch from Hulk and remain conscious or not die, then DD should just about make his hand shatter on his skin. "
DD didn't hit him with his hand.He hit him with his billy club.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

It isnt the skin thats super hard..its the muscles and tendons 
But nerves exist on the tendons and muscles...DD doesnt have to hit him with Hulk level force...
and as durable as he is..he still has to breathe

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
This is true, but hitting only one part of your nervous system wouldn't shut you down completely (unless you went for the spine and incapacitated them). I mean, you can only disable a arm with that arms nerve cluster, I think.  I just think that if Hyde can take a punch from Hulk and remain conscious or not die, then DD should just about make his hand shatter on his skin. "
DD didn't hit him with his hand.He hit him with his billy club. "
What is DD's billy club made out of, anyways? 

@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" It isnt the skin thats super hard..its the muscles and tendons  But nerves exist on the tendons and muscles...DD doesnt have to hit him with Hulk level force... and as durable as he is..he still has to breathe "

I suppose. It just seems nearly as blasphemous as Batman knocking out Hulk.....except that time, Bruce had knockout gas or something.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
DD didn't hit him with his hand.He hit him with his billy club. "
What is DD's billy club made out of, anyways? 
I believe it's steel.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
"I believe it's steel. "
I once heard that it was made out of Adamantium but I thought that made no sense. Steel sounds right.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"I believe it's steel. "
I once heard that it was made out of Adamantium but I thought that made no sense. Steel sounds right. "
I think it was adamantium when he was wearing the DD armor.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sparda
@Vance Astro said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"I believe it's steel. "
I once heard that it was made out of Adamantium but I thought that made no sense. Steel sounds right. "
I think it was adamantium when he was wearing the DD armor. "
DD armor?
sevennames27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By sevennames27

Wow has this turned into a spite thread.    
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@sevennames27 said:
" Wow has this turned into a spite thread.     "
WTF are you talking about? 

@Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"I believe it's steel. "
I think it was adamantium when he was wearing the DD armor. "
DD armor? "
Reed made him armor for some reason.I don't know if he made it for the fight with Ghostmaker or before that.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By SwaggaB0y

Nice going Vance and Morph.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SwaggaB0y said:
" Nice going Vance and Morph. "
Someone has to make Battle forums worth a crap.
SwaggaB0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SwaggaB0y
@Vance Astro said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
Someone has to make Battle forums worth a crap. "

thats why I pray you never leave this site haha.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
Someone has to make Battle forums worth a crap. "
thats why I pray you never leave this site haha. "
It's going to happen.ultimateninjagaidenx is going to headshot me while i'm at church.
Johnny_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Johnny_Nemesis

He made a youtube video about comicvine..