#401 Edited by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm kind of on the fence with this one. Daredevil can do things Cap can't and vice versa. Without any PIS or CIS, it would be a long drawn out fight.

Strength: Cap.

Speed: Cap.

Skill: Eh, about even. I would say that while Captain America might have more experience, DD knows his stuff and is basically a grandmaster of Ninjutsu. Coupling that with his knowledge of boxing and other martial arts, I'd say that there isn't a sole victor in this category.

Durability: Cap

I'd say Captain America would take this 6/10, but DD ain't going down without a fight.

#402 Posted by nut34 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@goldfinch: cap has got better or equal agility than DD, cap is stronger and about fear, cap fought against thanos (with the infinity gauntlet). has DD fought someone of that level? C'mon he woud start crying if he saw thanos.

Cap can kock DD, in a tough fight, but he can

#403 Posted by SirNickTheEpic (611 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793:

speed is even in terms of a sprint cap... how ever in terms of in a fight id say daredevils senses and agility h are a big factor in speed...

durability if daredevil can heal him self and null his pain receptor that may help but I agree cap has a slightly higher advantage here.. he did take a bating from hulk and keep going.

MY MIND SAYS CAP (in a good fight)

BUT MY HEART SAYS DAREDEVIL (after a good fight)

#404 Edited by jashro44 (25529 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d I'm going to take the response over to this thread in order to avoid dragging the other one off topic. And I was thinking of bumping this thread anyways.

I don't think they've ever fought all out before or tried to put one down. The times they did fight, DD was usually able to catch Steves shield without harm where Steve has thrown it fast enough in the past to damage metal, match rockets 1000s of feet in lead and recently hurting a bullet and grenade proof nuke. Dd isn't going to catch that and caps only going to throw it in a way where it'd return to him.

Whether or not he can catch it might not matter. He can still dodge it considering:

For all of Steves impressive accuracy I don't think you will find feats of accuracy that match bullseyes. And notice how even when bullseye uses a gun daredevil still dodges him. As for the shield coming back to Steve, if he throwing it with enough force to cut through vehicles, would it just kind of slice through everything in its path rather than bounce off walls and return to him? Even if it does bounce off an object I imagine it would have to slow down in order to bounce off the wall and daredevil can disarm him at that point.

When it comes to their physicals, cap has taken way worse beatings by namor, gambit and explosion. DD's only chance to beat someone of Steves durability is to nerve strike him and I've never seen him nerve strike anyone remotely close to someone like Steve.

Sure cap is tougher but daredevil actually doesn't use certain nerve strikes because he considers them torture (the second scan states that he doesn't like to use these because they feel like torture, the other 2 are just there to show the effects):

Hammerhead actually ends up crying on the next page

A morals off daredevil would have more options to strike at. And I mean he has used pressure points to do things like stop mister Hydes breathing. Caps tough but even he needs to breathe. So a morals off daredevil would be fighting a lot differently which is something which Steve will not expect. Sure a morals off cap will be fighting differently too but daredevil did get a glimpse of a bloodlusted cap. I don't think the reverse can be said.

As for who's he's used pressure points on in the past he did use one on wolverine but that was written by Garth Ennis so take that how you may. He did use it on punisher as well. I'll have to see if I can find other showings of daredevil using pressure points on skilled fighters but those are the 2 main ones off the top of my head.

If a battle went on between the two, I think Steve's durability showings give him more of an edge than DD's nerve striking showings, unless if you hand dd a knife or katana, he'd most likely take the majority in that instance. His first and Billy clubs just won't do against Steve's stats and shield.

I agree that Steve is more durable and that his durability will give him an edge. However I believe daredevil does have what it takes to work around that. He has shown he can disarm the shield before and due to his experience fighting bullseye I don't see Steve tagging him for a majority. As for durability pressure points aren't the only option...He did recently beat deadpool. Now I think Steve is slightly more skilled than Wade however deadpool has stalemated Steve 3 times before so the gap isn't that big:

What makes this really impressive is that deadpools bad hygiene through off Matts senses. Not to mention Matt has commented in the past deadpools heart beat is different from others due to his healing factor.

Now I am uploading this showing in particular for 2 reasons:

1. Deadpool is a comparable opponent that both have fought.
  2. As I mentioned earlier deadpool has held his own with Steve so his skill isn't that far behind him. In terms of physicals deadpool has been stated on panel that he is super human. So I don't think the physical gap between Steve and Wade is too large. However most importantly deadpools healing factor makes him more durable than Steve which is the major advantage that Steve has and probably one of the bigger obstacles for daredevil.

Now I won't say that just because daredevil beat deadpool he beats Steve but this is something to consider.

And deadpool aside I think looking at some comparable opponents daredevil does come off a bit better than Steve. Deadpool is one of them but another one would be wolverine:

This fight is from enemy of the state. Wolverine is mind controlled to kill daredevil and despite that they still seem pretty even IMO. Its also impressive considering daredevil is dealing with hand ninjas as well. The reason I bring this up is because too my knowledge Steve has a bad track record against Logan too my knowledge. I believe the only win Steve has on Logan would be in origins where they have a flashback, but wolverine wasn't as skilled then as he is now. I think in most of there other fights Logan has taken the upper hand. Daredevil may not have won but all things considered he was basically equal with Logan. They have had 2 other fights (where when daredevil won under Ennis [which I don't like to count] and another where wolverine put him in a arm bar).

Right to left.

There's also this fight with black panther.....Now you can argue that black panther was just trying to talk him out saving wheeler, however I don't know if thats the case. But basically daredevil takes the upper hand here. I guess he technically doesn't win as the fight never finished but still taking the upper hand on black panther is very impressive. Especially considering Steve considers T'challa his equal and for the most part there fights reflect it.

And the final fight which leads me to believe daredevil has a better track record....

Would be their recent fight....

Cap used anti-radar chaffing to numb daredevils radar sense, And cap was taking a "juggernaut approach" (since he was mad about Bucky being on trial). And daredevil didn't actually throw a punch. He was able to evade Steve for quite some time before Steve took the upper hand with a numbed radar sense.

I think Bruce has different advantages than Steve, not sure if there are many parallels to be drawn upon.

This I agree with.

#405 Edited by SlimJ87D (10780 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

I would like to say that throwing stuff is the only thing bullseye and Captain America share in common. Cap beats bullseye in every field other than that. I would like to reference cap vs spiderman in civil war. Cap doesn't need to hit dd, he just needs to use his shield to make dd fight him and the shield at the same time. If the shield hits, that's a bonus. So I think bullseye throwing things and going h2h along with it is not on the level of cap throwing his shield and going h2h since caps stats and skill are all a few tiers above bullseye.

I don't know if DD has ever performed nerve strikes on anyone remotely close to cap in stats and. Most. Importantly skill. A similar situation would be like Bruce being unable to nerve strike deathstroke. It would also be very hard to nerve strike around that 2.5 foot shield.

Dp actually got pissed at Cap, he went at Cap more serious than he did dd, and cap actually fought Deadpool unarmed while dp had a sword, Steve disarmed him. dp wasn't really monolouging, and from what I can recall he's only fought like that against Taskmaster and a few other times.

Steve's fight with Wolverine wasn't so bad, he actually striked Wolverine more times and was doing very well against a Berserker rage controlled Wolverine. Dd was able to get Wolverine to snap out of it buy I feel the environment (stairs, weight room, ninja holding sword at right spot) really helped out. Dd knew his own home and executed his attack on Wolverine but getting him damaged on his stairs and using his weight to hit Wolverine. I'm not saying it's a bad showing but I would say the conditions are kind of hard of a comparison.

What I mean it's hard to compare all these fights with the same settings.

Your points are fair, it's not an easy win for cap as I'm sure Cap has stated how he feels about DD before, but I see Caps physicals and skill holding up better than DD doing a nerve strike, while a shield bash or a few strikes from cap can take dd out. I think DD would be like Batman vs Cap (which I feel it is 50/50) but without gadgets to help even out the Caps Stat advantages.

#406 Posted by TwoGunGunnar (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap most of the time.

#407 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio
#408 Posted by dimitridkatsis (2608 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap

#409 Posted by Noteworthington (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Matt. Caps shield is clearly a non issue, just going off of feats alone, no way he could hit Matt with it. Matt is used to fighting sneaky, Caps senses aren't THAT good that Matt can't fight dirty from the air.

#410 Posted by ZeroPlus (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap 5.5/10, even though I like DD more.

#411 Posted by jashro44 (25529 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth said:

@jashro44: Well debated.

Thank you.

@slimj87d said:

@jashro44:

I would like to say that throwing stuff is the only thing bullseye and Captain America share in common. Cap beats bullseye in every field other than that. I would like to reference cap vs spiderman in civil war. Cap doesn't need to hit dd, he just needs to use his shield to make dd fight him and the shield at the same time. If the shield hits, that's a bonus. So I think bullseye throwing things and going h2h along with it is not on the level of cap throwing his shield and going h2h since caps stats and skill are all a few tiers above bullseye.

I understand however daredevil is also different from spider-man. Example Peter stated one of the issues that he had with Steve is that Steve knew more about hand to hand fighting than he knew in his life (basically skill), and daredevil is a more skilled fighter. Likewise another issue with that is Cap had studied the way spider-man had fought. He knew how to throw off spider-sense which is why he used that maneuver. Radar sense functions differently than spider-sense so I question if it would be as effective on daredevil. Likewise Peter also has a hero worship for Steve, and all though Matt may respect him, he doesn't have that hero worship, especially if he is in a bloodlusted state.

@slimj87d said:

I don't know if DD has ever performed nerve strikes on anyone remotely close to cap in stats and. Most. Importantly skill. A similar situation would be like Bruce being unable to nerve strike deathstroke. It would also be very hard to nerve strike around that 2.5 foot shield.

He also performed nerve strikes on nuke however they didn't work because Nuke was a cyborg (and he didn't have pressure points):

I know cap has beaten Nuke quite a few times before however to my understanding Nuke has been able to hold his own against Steve. As for the shield if Steve tosses it (which he does) as I said I think daredevil can disarm him. I'll see if I can find some other stuff.

@slimj87d said:

Dp actually got pissed at Cap, he went at Cap more serious than he did dd, and cap actually fought Deadpool unarmed while dp had a sword, Steve disarmed him. dp wasn't really monolouging, and from what I can recall he's only fought like that against Taskmaster and a few other times.

Well cap and deadpool have had other fights where deadpool wasn't all that serious and he never beat him in those either. IIRC they've fought 3 times (admittedly in one fight deadpool mostly ran away but but cap had back up from hercules, falcon, and iron fist so thats understandable). They also had another fight in ways run where deadpool got the upper hand. I just brought up the fight where deadpool was serious because thats caps best showing against him too my knowledge.

As for deadpools fights with taskmaster deadpool uses a very specific fighting style which taskmaster cannot counter.

@slimj87d said:

Steve's fight with Wolverine wasn't so bad, he actually striked Wolverine more times and was doing very well against a Berserker rage controlled Wolverine.

Are you referring to the time wolverine was possesed by a werewolf? If so I think thats a bit different than enemy of the state. In that fate it was someone else controlling wolverines body where as in enemy of the state it was still wolverine his personality was just altered.

What do you mean? Wolverine never snapped out of it until his body went into shock after falling on the sword. Sure he knew the environment but I would say the fact wolverine had back up would balance that out. As for using the weights and such I think thats fair considering wolverine has his claws...And its not like he used the knowledge of his home to his advantage all that much. He was just grabbing things which were lying around to help him out.

@slimj87d said:

Your points are fair, it's not an easy win for cap as I'm sure Cap has stated how he feels about DD before, but I see Caps physicals and skill holding up better than DD doing a nerve strike, while a shield bash or a few strikes from cap can take dd out. I think DD would be like Batman vs Cap (which I feel it is 50/50) but without gadgets to help even out the Caps Stat advantages.

I think its a close fight and I can see why you think cap wins. All though I think daredevil has the means to overcome Steves greater stats and his formidable skill.

#412 Edited by SlimJ87D (10780 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

I wasn't trying to compare Spider-man to DD, I'm comparing Captain America to Bullseye. DD dealing with Bullseye only takes care of a projectile thrower, but speed, strength, durability, fighting skill, agility from Cap are 2 tiers above Bullseye, when you factor all those in, I don't think DD dodging a shield will be enough when someone of these stats comes to hit you.

He also performed nerve strikes on nuke however they didn't work because Nuke was a cyborg (and he didn't have pressure points):

I know cap has beaten Nuke quite a few times before however to my understanding Nuke has been able to hold his own against Steve. As for the shield if Steve tosses it (which he does) as I said I think daredevil can disarm him. I'll see if I can find some other stuff.

In those scans, it shows that DD's strikes couldn't harm Nuke while what I was trying to point out that Cap's strikes and shield tosses were able to. I would also like to note that Nuke had taken about 10 or more red pills, not sure if he was at the same levels when DD fought him either.

Well cap and deadpool have had other fights where deadpool wasn't all that serious and he never beat him in those either. IIRC they've fought 3 times (admittedly in one fight deadpool mostly ran away but but cap had back up from hercules, falcon, and iron fist so thats understandable). They also had another fight in ways run where deadpool got the upper hand. I just brought up the fight where deadpool was serious because thats caps best showing against him too my knowledge.

As for deadpools fights with taskmaster deadpool uses a very specific fighting style which taskmaster cannot counter.

DP's fight with Steve definitely had a more serious tone to it. Most of Deadpool's encounters aren't "personal," but this one was, and he was really made. And also, a major point was that Steve was unarmed, DD beat a monologuing DP with his billy clubs and ropes. So my point for this comparison is that the stipulations are very different. Because of that, I don't think either showings would help draw a true conclusion between DD vs Cap.

Are you referring to the time wolverine was possesed by a werewolf? If so I think thats a bit different than enemy of the state. In that fate it was someone else controlling wolverines body where as in enemy of the state it was still wolverine his personality was just altered.

He wasn't a Werewolf was he? It's the one where he punched Wolverine through a car.

What do you mean? Wolverine never snapped out of it until his body went into shock after falling on the sword. Sure he knew the environment but I would say the fact wolverine had back up would balance that out. As for using the weights and such I think thats fair considering wolverine has his claws...And its not like he used the knowledge of his home to his advantage all that much. He was just grabbing things which were lying around to help him out.

My point is the scenarios where Cap fought Wolverine were very different from that scan where you showed DD fighting Wolverine, much like how I feel the scenario where Cap fought a DP that was taking the fight personally while unarmed is different than DD fighting DP with weapons.

I'm not saying using the weight isn't fair or that the showing itself is a bad one, I'm pointing out that what if Cap fought Wolverine in his own home and all he needed to do was get Wolverine stabbed to snap him out of a mind control? Nevertheless, it's a good showing for DD, and I don't know if Cap would be able to do better than DD. DD has done better against Wolverine than Cap has. But I'm sure if DD met Wolverine in a grass field or on the streets, I don't think DD would be able to do much better than Cap did in those scenarios, Cap punched Wolverine through a car too.

I think its a close fight and I can see why you think cap wins. All though I think daredevil has the means to overcome Steves greater stats and his formidable skill.

Fair enough. DD is very skilled, I see your points on how he has done better against Wolverine than Cap has, and Wolverine is one of the best there is. DD is a clever man, and is willing to use his radar senses to detect joints, bones and nerve clusters to hit as well as use his surroundings to his advantages. I'll say his fighting style is more sophisticated than Cap's, but I don't think he has what it takes to hurt Cap even with his Billy clubs in hand.

Here he actually smacked Cap with a billy club with all his weight and force into it. You can see his posture, his swing ended where his body could no longer rotate, and it did nothing to Cap.

Daredevil won't be able to end it with a strike, it would have to be LOTS of strikes. His best bet is a nerve strike, but I've never seen him perform nerve strikes on anyone of Cap's caliber in skill and stats, and it would be very difficult to do so around such a large shield. Every strike he hits Cap with, Cap is sure to hit him with a strike as well, and the strikes DD receives are going to hurt a lot more than the strikes DD can dish out himself. And we know that if Captain America lands a solid punch or shield bash it's strong enough to KO DD with just one hit.

I don't think DD's strikes have what it takes to knock Cap out. I don't see DD landing some devastating nerve strike on Cap either, it sounds very difficult to do because of Cap's stats and skills. I know Cap is going to land hits on DD, and one solid hit with his fist or shield will knock DD out. It won't be easy for Cap because DD is just as agile as Cap is, but I see that solid hit landing before DD can smack Steve multiple times with those billy clubs.

Second set

Above, those are all inconclusive fights, someone was not in the right mind in both of them. but they're just here to show the type of damage each can put on the other. I think DD's blows just don't hurt Cap as much as Cap's blows hurt DD.

#413 Posted by jashro44 (25529 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d:

I wasn't trying to compare Spider-man to DD, I'm comparing Captain America to Bullseye. DD dealing with Bullseye only takes care of a projectile thrower, but speed, strength, durability, fighting skill, agility from Cap are 2 tiers above Bullseye, when you factor all those in, I don't think DD dodging a shield will be enough when someone of these stats comes to hit you.

I only brought up bullseye in order to bring up daredevils abilities to deal with the shield throw. I agree caps physicals and skills are a different problem entirely. All though its one I think he can over come for previous stated reasons and reasons listed below.

In those scans, it shows that DD's strikes couldn't harm Nuke while what I was trying to point out that Cap's strikes and shield tosses were able to. I would also like to note that Nuke had taken about 10 or more red pills, not sure if he was at the same levels when DD fought him either.

I wasn't bringing up nuke as an opponent that daredevil did better against than Steve. Steve does have greater strength and that shield so it makes sense he can harm nuke better. I was bringing it up because it shows daredevil using nerve strikes on someone of caps physicals with decent fighting skills. In captain america 13-14 in marvel now cap did remark that he and nuke had been fighting for hours (in issue 14).

All though if thats not a good example there is also this form daredevil 300 where he hit kingpin with them:

We see in the first image his hand is flat when he hits kingpin in the chest, he also pokes his wrist to make kingpin let go of him and when kingpin tries to grab the package Matt squeezes his wrist and hurts him. Keep in mind kingpin is a lot stronger and more durable than Matt is.

DP's fight with Steve definitely had a more serious tone to it. Most of Deadpool's encounters aren't "personal," but this one was, and he was really made. And also, a major point was that Steve was unarmed, DD beat a monologuing DP with his billy clubs and ropes. So my point for this comparison is that the stipulations are very different. Because of that, I don't think either showings would help draw a true conclusion between DD vs Cap.

Well again deadpool and Steve have had other fights where Steve hasn't been able to beat deadpool. I'll see if I can get scans later. The one where deadpool was serious is just the fight where Steve did best. The fight I am thinking of is somewhere in deadpool 45-49.1 I believe.

He wasn't a Werewolf was he? It's the one where he punched Wolverine through a car.

I was told he was possessed by one. The issue is captain america 404, I haven't read it but I know he was hypnotized. He did seem more feral in that fight than he usually is.

My point is the scenarios where Cap fought Wolverine were very different from that scan where you showed DD fighting Wolverine, much like how I feel the scenario where Cap fought a DP that was taking the fight personally while unarmed is different than DD fighting DP with weapons.

I understand. All though we have seen cap in comparable situation to the one daredevil was in with wolverine. I'll get back to you on deadpool.

I'm not saying using the weight isn't fair or that the showing itself is a bad one, I'm pointing out that what if Cap fought Wolverine in his own home and all he needed to do was get Wolverine stabbed to snap him out of a mind control? Nevertheless, it's a good showing for DD, and I don't know if Cap would be able to do better than DD. DD has done better against Wolverine than Cap has. But I'm sure if DD met Wolverine in a grass field or on the streets, I don't think DD would be able to do much better than Cap did in those scenarios, Cap punched Wolverine through a car too.

Well I wasn't arguing daredevil beat wolverine (he does have other advantages so theres no denying he'd win eventually) however looking at the number of strikes the two landed they seem to land an equal amount of hits in on each other. I think the difference between the one where cap punched wolverine through the car is wolverine seemed to be mostly just lunging at Steve. Where as in enemy of the state we saw that wolverines skills were still in tact for the most part. He one shotted beast (where as we saw in Frank Terris run beast did alright in a admittedly not so serious fight, and in whedons X-men they also stalemated), Kills northstar the speedster, and he took thing out with what some people argue to be a pressure point (personally I think wolverine just stabbed him but I am not an expert on pressure points). I don't know usually I don't like to use showings where characters are under mind control because they aren't themselves however based on the way wolverine was performing against other people while mind control he still seemed to have his skills in tact.

Fair enough. DD is very skilled, I see your points on how he has done better against Wolverine than Cap has, and Wolverine is one of the best there is. DD is a clever man, and is willing to use his radar senses to detect joints, bones and nerve clusters to hit as well as use his surroundings to his advantages. I'll say his fighting style is more sophisticated than Cap's, but I don't think he has what it takes to hurt Cap even with his Billy clubs in hand.

Here he actually smacked Cap with a billy club with all his weight and force into it. You can see his posture, his swing ended where his body could no longer rotate, and it did nothing to Cap.

IIRC this fight was when daredevil was still rusty right? Maybe with raw strength he can't really hurt him much however with his skills he seems capable.

Daredevil won't be able to end it with a strike, it would have to be LOTS of strikes. His best bet is a nerve strike, but I've never seen him perform nerve strikes on anyone of Cap's caliber in skill and stats, and it would be very difficult to do so around such a large shield. Every strike he hits Cap with, Cap is sure to hit him with a strike as well, and the strikes DD receives are going to hurt a lot more than the strikes DD can dish out himself. And we know that if Captain America lands a solid punch or shield bash it's strong enough to KO DD with just one hit.

I don't think DD's strikes have what it takes to knock Cap out. I don't see DD landing some devastating nerve strike on Cap either, it sounds very difficult to do because of Cap's stats and skills. I know Cap is going to land hits on DD, and one solid hit with his fist or shield will knock DD out. It won't be easy for Cap because DD is just as agile as Cap is, but I see that solid hit landing before DD can smack Steve multiple times with those billy clubs.

I agree nerve strikes are daredevils best shot however in the scans you uploaded cap was groggy after a few strikes (granted not all of them were expected), so I would say daredevil can knock out Steve eventually. All though yea nerve strikes are his best bet I agree.

Above, those are all inconclusive fights, someone was not in the right mind in both of them. but they're just here to show the type of damage each can put on the other. I think DD's blows just don't hurt Cap as much as Cap's blows hurt DD.

I agree that cap does hit harder than daredevil does. However I think daredevil can land nerve strikes on Steve. He's done it to kingpin and nuke, and he's also been able to disarm the shield 3 times in the past IIRC.

You do bring up some good points though.

#414 Edited by SlimJ87D (10780 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: well let's revisit this thread after a few years of more showings from the two characters.

Cap has aged 12 years more since they last ran into each other and he fought in a 12 year long war against all kinds of monsters and zola soldiers while protecting a child.

Dd has had a fantastic run from what I have heard. I'm sure there will be more to discuss. But as of right now, I don't know if pressure points will get past Steves breast plate and quals, that kind of omits half of the pressure points I've seen dd use, and Steve will guard his face well. Dd is usually sent 8 feet away when he receives a good hit from Steve and that's the deciding factor for me at this point.

#415 Posted by jashro44 (25529 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d: All right. Thank you for the debate.

#416 Edited by SlimJ87D (10780 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: oh, I think Nuke and Caps battle lasted long because besides Nuke being amped, he was flamethrowering and killing citizens while Steve was rescuing them.

Nukes mission was to slaughter and cause chaos. Not to fight cap, but that ended up happening.

#417 Edited by jashro44 (25529 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@jashro44: oh, I think Nuke and Caps battle lasted long because besides Nuke being amped, he was flamethrowering and killing citizens while Steve was rescuing them.

Nukes mission was to slaughter and cause chaos. Not to fight cap, but that ended up happening.

Possibly but he seemed to be doing well until cap went bloodlusted:

And was Nuke amped beyond normal levels in this showing? I thought Nuke always ate red pills?

#418 Edited by SlimJ87D (10780 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: He would only take a few, but in this arc he was just downing bottles. Not sure his normal showings.

But Cap wasn't on his A game either, it was only days after he recovered from. Dimension Z and he did lose two of his loved ones.

#419 Posted by jashro44 (25529 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@jashro44: He would only take a few, but in this arc he was just downing bottles. Not sure his normal showings.

But Cap wasn't on his A game either, it was only days after he recovered from. Dimension Z and he did lose two of his loved ones.

I see. I thought he just carried those around all the time.

Fair point.

#421 Posted by wrestlgurl (40 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to go into this as they both act like true heroes.....not "blood lusted." I am thinking the only way they would battle is if each thought the other stood in their way of saving the world, universe, loved ones, etc. With that in mind, let me say I'm going to go with the Cap and DD I grew up with(60's,70's). The reason I say that is because Cap was not super human back then. In fact many times it is a plot theme how he is the most human of the heroes assembled. Basically back then the Super-Soldier Serum made Cap peak human, able to press around 800 lbs. I understand now they have suped him up quite a bit, something that seems to be happening a lot with Marvel heroes. Also, Daredevil had super senses, but was still very human physically. Reading over this thread and seeing that he's able to heal(since Wolverine's popularity is there a hero at Marvel who can't heal???) and even rise from the dead. :( These 2 heroes are not supposed to be super human(except for Daredevil's senses), they are supposed to be the peak of what a human can be. Cap through the super soldier serum, and DD through his training. Making them so much more diminishes both characters imho. OK, with that in mind.....Cap has the experience, fighting skills, his Shield, and acrobatic skill. DD has fighting skills, acrobatic skills, and his super senses. Unless written in an environment that would give DD an advantage due to his senses, I would say this would be a long battle, unless someone got really lucky, and even though I like DD better, I would go with Cap based on his experience. Being around since WWII, other than his ice nap, and battling every kind of foe with the Avengers gives him a slight edge imho. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

#422 Posted by xDOOMGUYx (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America wins this. He is physically superior and more skilled.

#423 Posted by Dernman (15810 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Red, White, and Blue

#424 Posted by PastePotPete (710 posts) - - Show Bio

cap after a good figth with no shield culd go either way

#425 Posted by Transformers1024 (4416 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way

#426 Posted by Darth-Revan (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap.

#427 Posted by Quickfingers26 (1100 posts) - - Show Bio

I see this as Captain America's fight to lose. His enhanced physicals should overcome the narrow skill advantage Daredevil has.

Without the shield, Cap takes a slim majority.

With the shield, Cap wins 9/10.