Captain America by a smidge.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Daredevil wins after a truly beat up. Then they remember they are pals and go to kick Kingpin butt.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I read that a lonng time ago and Daredevil was clearly below.

I would say Cap in a confined environment, too close to call in the open in the city, and obviously DD during the night.

(Edit: DD#43, 1968...)

Moonman78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America has already beat dd several times and I can't ever recall dd beating cap.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave
Avatar image for cyclops4president
Cyclops4President

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Cyclops4President

I hate to always follow the crowd but I must vote, disheartingly, for Captain America. I believe Cap is physically just a bigger guy, stronger, faster, but with the same agility. It's like two world class boxers, one is just a lightweight and the other is a heavy weight. Cap takes some licks but ultimately takes the victory.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zijuun

@cyclops4president said:

I hate to always follow the crowd but I must vote, disheartingly, for Captain America. I believe Cap is physically just a bigger guy, stronger, faster, but with the same agility. It's like two world class boxers, one is just a lightweight and the other is a heavy weight. Cap takes some licks but ultimately takes the victory.

Yeah, I can see what you're saying there, still "weight" or "heaviness" has nothing to do with it. In this case it sort of does, yes, Cap is almost just as agile and fast as Daredevil and can fight better if not just as good. So yeah, I give it to Cap since his peak human abilities push him for a "heavy" win if you will. XD

Preparation shouldn't matter much here since both aren't the best at preparing for something or preparing better than the other and the shield's only for blocking too.

Seconded.

Zijuun.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stevie

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 vance_astro  Moderator

I'd say this is an even split. Both characters have shown they can deal with any advantage the other may have. I'd give it to neither 5/10. I don't see Cap's strength being much of an advantage. Daredevil can even the odds by making sure he is hitting Cap more than he's getting hit. I think Radar sense is more of an edge than people will give it credit for.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America has already beat dd several times and I can't ever recall dd beating cap.

Daredevil solod the entire Avengers including Cap once while bloodlusted.

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

Most of the people in the avengers have solo'd the avengers while bloodlusted

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Daredevil solo'd a team of street-level Avengers when the lights were off and they couldn't see anything. Apart from that Cap stomped DD during Streets of Poison (context applies; Cap was out of his mind on drugs and Matt was out of practice), and more recently in Waid's run they had a stalemate of sorts.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil solo'd a team of street-level Avengers when the lights were off and they couldn't see anything. Apart from that Cap stomped DD during Streets of Poison (context applies; Cap was out of his mind on drugs and Matt was out of practice), and more recently in Waid's run they had a stalemate of sorts.

So? Good on Daredevil, he knows how to fight smart.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane said:

He was also bloodlusted, and they didn't know he was there or that anyone was planning to attack them......if ambushing a group of unaware, visually-impaired opponents counts as fighting smart, Murdock is a veritable Midnighter.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cooljammy18

I love Daredevil, but I think Cap would take a slight majority. In this fight where Cap is restricted to using the shield for strictly defensive purposes, I can see Daredevil pulling through. Along with the environment and other factors, Matt can earn some good victories, but in a straight up fight, Cap wins more than not. It should be acknowledged that Matt is severely skilled and Cap mostly wins for his physicality though.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nickzambuto

@citizenbane said:

@nickzambuto said:

@citizenbane said:

He was also bloodlusted, and they didn't know he was there or that anyone was planning to attack them......if ambushing a group of unaware, visually-impaired opponents counts as fighting smart, Murdock is a veritable Midnighter.

It's not like he even snuck up on Captain America. After Daredevil twoshotted Beast, Cap knew exactly where he was and tried to tackle him, but Matt countered and used Steve's own momentum to throw him, and ended the fight.

Captain America getting KOd so easily was probably PIS, but Daredevil outskilling him wasn't.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane said:

@nickzambuto said:

@citizenbane said:

It's not like he even snuck up on Captain America. After Daredevil twoshotted Beast, Cap knew exactly where he was and tried to tackle him, but Matt countered and used Steve's own momentum to throw him, and ended the fight.

Captain America getting KOd so easily was probably PIS, but Daredevil outskilling him wasn't.

Sure, outskilling someone who can't see whom he's even fighting and isn't used to fighting blind probably wasn't PIS for the man who spends his entire life fighting blind --- and was bloodlusted to boot. Honestly, that fight was stacked to Matt's advantage from the beginning. I wouldn't consider it any more definitive than the one-sided beatdown Cap gave DD in SOP.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@citizenbane said:

@nickzambuto said:

@citizenbane said:

Sure, outskilling someone who can't see whom he's even fighting and isn't used to fighting blind probably wasn't PIS for the man who spends his entire life fighting blind --- and was bloodlusted to boot. Honestly, that fight was stacked to Matt's advantage from the beginning. I wouldn't consider it any more definitive than the one-sided beatdown Cap gave DD in SOP.

Fair enough, I guess they even each other out.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Even though Matt may outskill Steve or Steve can outmatch Matt in terms of strenght I think this fight is too even.They would both give each other a good beatdown and will have a great fight but in the end I can't see any of them coming out victorious.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

@tdk_1997 said:

Even though Matt may outskill Steve or Steve can outmatch Matt in terms of strenght I think this fight is too even.They would both give each other a good beatdown and will have a great fight but in the end I can't see any of them coming out victorious.

So is this that one "too close to call" battle? This was pretty much the reason I wanted this fight out there on the forums, to see which one will come up on top especially with the settings provided.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm...general consensus seems to be Cap by a slight edge, but mostly evenly-matched. Interesting.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a series of ten I'd give Matt 6/10 because of the stipulations,,in a straight fight I'd say they are dead even

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

So is this that one "too close to call" battle? This was pretty much the reason I wanted this fight out there on the forums, to see which one will come up on top especially with the settings provided.

Yeah,it's a pretty close to call battle.Both are pretty skilled and I can see them blocking each other non stop till the end of the battle.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump x2

ComeOutAndPlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SirNickTheEpic

@nickzambuto:

daredevil soloed when and what comic I must read :D

oh and for an answer daredevil those reflexes and nerve strikes

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"The Cap is only allowed to block with his shield"

?

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Cap.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil wins after a truly beat up. Then they remember they are pals and go to kick Kingpin butt.

This. Its a good thing Cap cant throw his shield.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perethorn said:

This. Its a good thing Cap cant throw his shield.

I'd argue that the OP's restriction of cap not being allowed to toss his shield to be beneficial to cap honestly. His shield gets caught a lot and considering daredevils done it 3 times...