• 127 results
#1 Edited by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight is in a laser tag arena. The arena is 300ft by 300ft. It's dark, with lights rotaing around the room. There are fake cars/buildings and other items that form pathways. There is a stairway with cover in the middle of the arena, that leads to an overhead spot with small square openings on the side and an open top.  
Black Canary gets gas pellets and Canary Cry.   
DareDevil gets his billy clubs.  
Neither know who they are facing, and start on opposite ends of the arena.

#2 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Nice thread. I need to learn more about the radius of a canary cry, but my initial thought is that Daredevil's stealth skills, and of course his ability to remain completely unaffected by light, or to be more precise, the absence of it, are sufficient to grant him the victory.

Now, in a straight fight, pure hand to hand? I don't know.
#3 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" Nice thread. I need to learn more about the radius of a canary cry, but my initial thought is that Daredevil's stealth skills, and of course his ability to remain completely unaffected by light, or to be more precise, the absence of it, are sufficient to grant him the victory.

Now, in a straight fight, pure hand to hand? I don't know.
"
Thanks, I made this to test his skill against someone who uses sound-based attacks. I added all the cover just in case it was too one sided.
#4 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary
#5 Edited by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go with Daredevil since Black Canary doesn't know that she could use his radar sense against him with her canary cry.

#6 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary

#7 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@kadeem said:
" I'm going to go with Daredevil sonce Black Canary doesn't know that she could use his radar sense against him with her canary cry. "
She's used her Canary Cry against regular humans before. There's a significant chance that she could use here without any knowledge of Daredevil's sensory overload.
#8 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @kadeem said:
" I'm going to go with Daredevil sonce Black Canary doesn't know that she could use his radar sense against him with her canary cry. "
She's used her Canary Cry against regular humans before. There's a significant chance that she could use here without any knowledge of Daredevil's sensory overload. "
Not to mention the destructive force of the Canary cry like decimating heavily armored tanks and tossing around metas. Then throw in her MA experience that puts her as a top dog in DC
#9 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: She never uses it against regular humans, unless she put in a corner.  She may use it if she feels she is cornered, and if that's the case BC wins. If Daredevil K.O.s her before she ever gets a chance to use it than i think he will win . Either way it will be a good fight.
#10 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@kadeem said:
" @Static Shock: She never uses it against regular humans, unless she put in a corner.  She may use it if she feels she is cornered, and if that's the case BC wins. If Daredevil K.O.s her before she ever gets a chance to use it than i think he will win . Either way it will be a good fight. "
She uses it on thugs all the time
#11 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@kadeem said:
" @Static Shock: She never uses it against regular humans, unless she put in a corner

Perhaps I should correct you. 

This is just one of several other instances of her using her Canary Cry on regular humans when not backed against a corner.
#12 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

She uses it against guard dogs

#13 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I stand corrected, assuming she uses the canary cry I think she would win.

#14 Posted by Destinyhero20 (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary    
#15 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

The funky smell and disgusting surfaces in the laser tag arena would overload DD's senses, giving BC the win.
#16 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Power NeXus said:
" The funky smell and disgusting surfaces in the laser tag arena would overload DD's senses, giving BC the win. "
It is covered in nerdy teenager sweat
#17 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Daredevil will win just cause Black Canary will not scream right away and DD will know exactly where she is when the fight stars so he should be able to use stealth to win. 

#18 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do think Black Canary has what it takes, she going to have issues in the dark. Daredevil, however, wouldn't haven't any problems in this setting.

#19 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Psyker star said:
" I think Daredevil will win just cause Black Canary will not scream right away and DD will know exactly where she is when the fight stars so he should be able to use stealth to win.  "
Daredevil is not going to one shot Canary. It could be heavily debated who is the better fighter of the two
#20 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: 
He could come up behind her and chock her out. She cant scream if she cant breath.
#21 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Psyker star said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:  He could come up behind her and chock her out. She cant scream if she cant breath. "
She can Judo toss him off of her or start cracking ribs she is to good a fighter to just get choked out she could win with out her scream under heavy debate
#22 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio
I think if it were to come down to who is a better fight DD would win.

#23 Posted by Red_Blade (2441 posts) - - Show Bio
@Psyker star said:
" @Son_of_Magnus:  He could come up behind her and chock her out. She cant scream if she cant breath. "
She's probably a better fighter then he is
#24 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Blade said:
" @Psyker star said:
She's probably a better fighter then he is "
I don't think so. DD is damn good plus his radar gives him the advantage here.
#25 Posted by kadeem (2870 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil has beaten Bullseye who has killed Electra before, so I wouldn't underestimate him.

#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@kadeem said:
" Daredevil has beaten Bullseye who has killed Electra before "
Bullseye has also given him problems in combat.
#27 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

DD has the advantage of stealth, and knowing exactly where she is at all times. What's to stop him from richocheting his billy club off a few surfaces so it hits BC in the back of the head. She would never even have to know he's there.
#28 Posted by Retnex (2264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Psyker star said:
Lol, why did I imagine you learned this from experience?
#29 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Psyker star said:
" I think Daredevil will win just cause Black Canary will not scream right away and DD will know exactly where she is when the fight stars so he should be able to use stealth to win.  "
Daredevil is not going to one shot Canary. It could be heavily debated who is the better fighter of the two "
Of course he can. And it has nothing to do with who is the best fighter, either.
#30 Posted by Dane (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

DD certainly can one shot Canary if he is able to use stealth to his advantage. Canary herself has some epic feats, all things considered. 

In the scenario I would say DD. In a straight fight I think Canary has the edge.

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
 In a straight fight I think Canary has the edge. "
DD doesn't need stealth to one shot Canary.She could see it coming and still get her ass kicked. 

@Static Shock said:
" @kadeem said:
" Daredevil has beaten Bullseye who has killed Electra before "
Bullseye has also given him problems in combat. "

No he hasn't.Bullseye even admitted he can't beat Daredevil in a straight fight.Anytime DD has trouble with Bullseye he was armed...and even then DD has completely embarrassed him.Last time DD and Bullseye fought strictly h2h...Bullseye almost died. 

@Red_Blade said:
" @Psyker star said:
She's probably a better fighter then he is "
I doubt it.
#32 Posted by Dane (10591 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Dane said:
DD doesn't need stealth to one shot Canary.She could see it coming and still get her ass kicked."
I respectfully disagree. I think if he doesn't use stealth, they start off 300ft apart and she is allowed to use Canary Cry then she definitely has a chance to win. 

Hand to hand only is debatable. Black Canary is supposed to be on Shiva's level but I've never seen feats to back it up. Daredevil has better showings against other martial artists.
#33 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Retnex said:
"   Black Canary gets gas pellets and Canary Cry.   "
Canary owns

Dardevil might beat her if its just hand to hand

but with the Cry she stomps, her Cry can take out all kinds of bricks and his super sensitive ears are going to injure Daredevil bad
#34 Edited by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Dane said:
DD doesn't need stealth to one shot Canary.She could see it coming and still get her ass kicked."
I respectfully disagree. I think if he doesn't use stealth, they start off 300ft apart and she is allowed to use Canary Cry then she definitely has a chance to win.   Hand to hand only is debatable. Black Canary is supposed to be on Shiva's level but I've never seen feats to back it up. Daredevil has better showings against other martial artists. "
1.I wasn't aware the cry was allowed.That pretty much makes this a curbstomp. 
2.My post was based on if Canary couldn't use the cry.I've seen Daredevil get the drop on people while in their field of vision.People with speed above him too. 
3.I doubt that Canary is on Shiva's level.I keep hearing it but I have yet to see anything to suggest that.Her feats don't even put her above several characters we know to be below Shiva like Batman.  
4.People keep saying h2h between them is debatable...well debate it then.Make a case for her skills over his and I will provide one for DD.
#35 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @Dane said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Dane said:
I respectfully disagree. I think if he doesn't use stealth, they start off 300ft apart and she is allowed to use Canary Cry then she definitely has a chance to win.   Hand to hand only is debatable. Black Canary is supposed to be on Shiva's level but I've never seen feats to back it up. Daredevil has better showings against other martial artists. "
1.I wasn't aware the cry was allowed.That pretty much makes this a curbstomp. 2.My post was based on if Canary couldn't use the cry.I've seen Daredevil get the drop on people while in their field of vision.People with speed above him too. 3.I doubt that Canary is on Shiva's level.I keep hearing it but I have yet to see anything to suggest that.Her feats don't even put her above several characters we know to be below Shiva like Batman.  4.People keep saying h2h between them is debatable...well debate it then.Make a case for her skills over his and I will provide one for DD. "
It's not a curbstomp, based on the setting Vance.  

The fight is in a laser tag arena. The arena is 300ft by 300ft. It's dark, with lights rotaing around the room. There are fake cars/buildings and other items that form pathways. There is a stairway with cover in the middle of the arena, that leads to an overhead spot with small square openings on the side and an open top.  

Canary won't just use the Canary in random right from the bat, against someone she knows nothing about - she would basically be giving away her position that way - because she can't know Daredevil will know where she is at any point anyway. Daredevil is a great stealth master, and more than fast enough to use the general aura of darkness to his advantage to get the drop on her, and win the fight via a pressure point attack.
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Dane said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Dane said:
1.I wasn't aware the cry was allowed.That pretty much makes this a curbstomp. 2.My post was based on if Canary couldn't use the cry.I've seen Daredevil get the drop on people while in their field of vision.People with speed above him too. 3.I doubt that Canary is on Shiva's level.I keep hearing it but I have yet to see anything to suggest that.Her feats don't even put her above several characters we know to be below Shiva like Batman.  4.People keep saying h2h between them is debatable...well debate it then.Make a case for her skills over his and I will provide one for DD. "
It's not a curbstomp, based on the setting Vance.  

Canary won't just use the Canary in random right from the bat, against someone she knows nothing about - she would basically be giving away her position that way - because she can't know Daredevil will know where she is at any point anyway. Daredevil is a great stealth master, and more than fast enough to use the general aura of darkness to his advantage to get the drop on her, and win the fight via a pressure point attack. "
Either way it's a curbstomp.If she can't see him he's going to sneak up on her and beat the f#ck out of her.If she does happen to get him in close combat she's going to blow him away.The fight is completely unbalanced.It's not fair for one of them anyway you cut it.Unless you make it strictly h2h.
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Either way it's a curbstomp.If she can't see him he's going to sneak up on her and beat the f#ck out of her.If she does happen to get him in close combat she's going to blow him away.The fight is completely unbalanced.It's not fair for one of them anyway you cut it.Unless you make it strictly h2h. "
At this point, I will have to agree.
#38 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Canary.

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#40 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Daredevil. "
#41 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

daredevil would find a way

#42 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio

DD doesn't even have to get near her. He will know her exact position from the beginning of the fight. All he has to do is wait for a good opportunity to richochet his billy club off a few surfaces so that it hits her in the back of the head.
#43 Edited by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
Black Canary
She's a far better fighter, a jab to his pressure points and a punch in the face from someone trained by the Heavyweight champion of the world will surely KO him & if her physical skills fail for some unknown reason. Her Canary Cry would obliterate him as soon as he got close.
#44 Posted by Power NeXus (9899 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:
"Black Canary She's a far better fighter, a jab to his pressure points and a punch in the face from someone trained by the Heavyweight champion of the world will surely KO him & if her physical skills fail for some unknown reason. Her Canary Cry would obliterate him as soon as he got close. "

She doesn't automatically go to the Canary Cry when facing off against an enemy she knows nothing about. 
And Daredevil wouldn't even have to get near her to take her out.
#45 Edited by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost said:

" Black Canary She's a far better fighter, a jab to his pressure points and a punch in the face from someone trained by the Heavyweight champion of the world will surely KO him & if her physical skills fail for some unknown reason. Her Canary Cry would obliterate him as soon as he got close. "

1.Prove Black Canary is a better fighter than Daredevil.How many times are people going to suggest this and make no case for her fighting skill? 
2.Pressure Points is DD's game I'm sure his feats with the use of them trumps hers by far.If you want to dispute it I have plenty scans. 
3.DD beat Championship level boxers as a teenager.
4.Her Canary Cry is all she has.H2H he could beat her to death if he wanted to.
#46 Posted by Dane (10591 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

She doesn't just throw out the Canary Cry to unknown enemies and by the time she realizes DD is a threat he'll have her incapacitated.

#47 Posted by Imran_the_Afghany (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Canary, better fighter, smarter and her scream would kill Daredevil 
#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@Imran_the_Afghany said:
" Canary, better fighter, smarter
Where is the proof of any of this.Is anyone going to back up their claims or just make a bunch of statements?
#49 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: @Dane:   I don;t know about on Shiva's level, near Shiva I guess, but I do have some nice scans. I'll post them but first I want' to say I think Daredevil wins in this scenario and in hand to hand. @vance only:

Her feats don't even put her above several characters we know to be below Shiva like Batman

I don't know Batman is below Shiva, in fact I think he is a better fighter, but I do understand why people may say Shiva is better, but it's definitely debatable, we don't know it. And why would you say "don't even" put her above Batman.

OK here's Canary stuff:
PreShiva training:

Sparring with Batgirl
Hm... for some reason it's not letting me add more scans.... I wanted to power her easily beating Bane and then her sparring with Batgirl after training with Shiva (I think that was still before she actually went through the same training process as shiva but I'm not sure)
#50 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio