Daredevil vs Batman (read)

Avatar image for deactivated-6542b7e3d573b
deactivated-6542b7e3d573b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know this has been done before, but I have made this a bit different.

Round 1:

No one is aware of who they're fighting (surprise fight basically)

Each get 10 min of prep

Win by K.O

Standard gear

Round 2:

Both are aware of each others fighting skills (only)

Each get 15 min of prep

Win by K.O/nearly killed

Daredevil is using a staff from his billy club

Batman has 1 smoke grenade, 3 batarangs and a grappling gun

Fight takes place in gladiator arena in Rome.

GO!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Wolverine008

Batman.

Both rounds.

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It burned admitting that!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I dont think both, I'd have Daredevil the first round for my vote.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

SoloKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps both rounds

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Batman wins, not easily though, not a stomp

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round Two makes no sense. Just because they're aware of how each other fight, it makes each combatant better? The only thing that changed was adding 5 minutes of prep (which was kind of useless considering you just specified the gear he was going to take into the fight).

Batman wins regardless.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil stomps both rounds.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zijuun said:

Huh?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zijuun said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can you get prep for a random fight? Round 1 is a tossup, Round 2 is more in Bat's favor but Matt will give him hell.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how many people here are actually aware of Daredevil's feats or powers for that matter

This guy has an inbuilt radar akin to Spider Sense. Any move Bruce is pulling out Matts already seeing it coming much like Cass Cain

And then come his feats. Daredevil's speed is that of a bullet timer

Batman is an aim dodger

Now what do these terms mean?

DD can dodge a bullet AFTER its fired while Batman can see the aim of the gun, guess the direction of the bullet and generally jump in the opposite direction usually in shadows

To put this in perspective Matt has feats like having a sniper bullet approach him, taking out his club and batting it away

And lets not even get into the strength debate . DD can lift a car with 3 people inside and stuff

Then there are his nerve strikes. Matt has used them so much more in his comics in ACTUAL fights then the one off times Bruce uses them

To put this into perspective, Cap Am , by all accounts Bruce's equal or better has prepped for DD and is waiting to take him down. He has filled the air with gas and stuff that have been specifically designed by SHIELD to disrupt his senses( which include LOLful feats like hearing people across a city...or was it smelling them ?I forget) . Cap's prepared and ready

Cap gives it all he has while Matt toys around with him, praising the man and his weapon , then taking his shield from him at one point before jumping off the window to leave Captain thinking what the hell just happened.

What makes you people think Batman can do any better?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost:

1. Batman has also dodged/deflected bullets after they've been fired.

2. Batman also makes good use of nerve strikes.

In the past Batman has prepped against Bronze Tiger in hand to hand. Despite almost losing to one of DC's top 5, he still beat him. Matt on the other hand isn't as good of a prep-artist. Batman's use of tactics also gives him an edge. I have heard people talk about how Matt's radar sense is alike spider sense, but I have yet to see proof of this (as I don't follow Daredevil).

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Yeah I would like to see some scans please

2.No . By your own admission you don't follow DD comics so yeah I follow both Batman and DD and can easily say that DDs frequency far exceeds anything Batman does

Heck he has techniques for causing more and less pain on the nerve depending onhis mood for bloodlust.

3. DD can sense Snipers after they are fired from Blocks away. A blind man. He doesn't see them he senses them.

Heck a classic example is during Bendis' run. We see a sniper take aim. We see Matt in the scope. In civies. He's a couple of blocksaway. Next panel matt disappeas from the scope . Next panel we see something red in the scope. Then we see DD (in full costume ) appear and kick the shit out of the sniper

Another eg is DD catching one of Bullseye s cards as Elektra (herself a bullet timer) and Black Widow both have no idea. Everyone is talking .suddenly DD extends his hand and plucks the card a cm before it reaches her throat

Yeah and DDs strength is just crazy. He overturns a limo full of people at one point

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MonsterStomp

@thegrayghost:

1. You aren't getting scans from me. My images will upload but the browser would freeze, so I can't post the reply. But if you've followed both Batman and Daredevil, you'd know this is true.

2. I'm not so well versed on Daredevil, what's your point? You said you follow both but say Batman has never dodged bullets or deflected them. That on its own is questionable and points out the fact that you don't follow Batman.

3. I thought Matt's senses acted like a reflex like spider sense. My bad.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@monsterstomp: Again let me clarify. The issue is not about dodging the bullet. Its about dodging the bullet AFTER it is already airborne

I have followed both and know this is not true. Can you even name a particular occasion when this happened? I would most probably remember it

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also getting behind something to dodge a bullet? That's Cap am 's style. That's again aim dodging.

Its the same theory actually. Cap can see the aim of the gun, guess the direction and stop it with his shield.

Unlike Matt who sees the bullet coming all the way( And WE see it on panel approaching Matt) before he bats it back at the shooter with his club

Now Cap am actually has a one or two bullet time feats but however he has NOT done this enough times over 60 yearsthe character for it to be counted as consistent for him

And we saw how Matt treated a PREPPED Cap Am never mind him getting enough of a drop on matt to start the scenario given the numerous times Matt has heard his HEARTBEAT from couple of blocks away( Matt can tell when a person's heart stops, oris lying from a crowd of people 50 feet away and stuff)

Really what makes Bruce that much better than Cap Am that he could do any damage to Matt at all? Given Bruce doesn't even carry around a vibranium shield and I doubt Batarangs are faster then bullets

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again the last time Bruce weny up against a peak bullet timer? Cass Cain smiled as Bruce failed to land a SINGLE shot on her

When she attacked him? We don't see anything except Cass smiling a bit and the next panel Bruce coughs out some blood like "Wut jus happened?"

But I will give you this for free. Cass is indeed faster than Matt and would probably win 8/10 vs Him with a couple of victories from lucky nerve strikes and the billly club

On the other hand Cass would decimate Bruce 10/10

Elzio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins both rounds, not a stomp.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheGrayGhost

No he doesn't.

I think it time to demonstrate just how far above DD is compared to Cap Am(and hence.to Batman)

Take a plate and ask a friend to throw a small paper pellet at you. Your task is to just avoid getting hit . Chances are you will succeed quite a bit

Now take a spoon and ask the guy to throw pellets at you. Your task would be to hit the pellet back through the arm of the thrower. Oh and you need to turn your back too.

So basically you have no idea where or when the pellet is thrown. You will just have to rely on your superhuman senses to know where its going once its already been thrown, ie by listening to the sound and stuff

At which point we have experiment failure because NORMAL HUMANS y know don't have ANY powers

Note that turning your back wasn't to make you "blind" . Matt actually had his back turned for that feat

The only time Batman has come remotely close to displaying that kind of speed is in the non canon anime movie

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Wolverine008

Also getting behind something to dodge a bullet? That's Cap am 's style. That's again aim dodging.

Its the same theory actually. Cap can see the aim of the gun, guess the direction and stop it with his shield.

Unlike Matt who sees the bullet coming all the way( And WE see it on panel approaching Matt) before he bats it back at the shooter with his club

Now Cap am actually has a one or two bullet time feats but however he has NOT done this enough times over 60 yearsthe character for it to be counted as consistent for him

And we saw how Matt treated a PREPPED Cap Am never mind him getting enough of a drop on matt to start the scenario given the numerous times Matt has heard his HEARTBEAT from couple of blocks away( Matt can tell when a person's heart stops, oris lying from a crowd of people 50 feet away and stuff)

Really what makes Bruce that much better than Cap Am that he could do any damage to Matt at all? Given Bruce doesn't even carry around a vibranium shield and I doubt Batarangs are faster then bullets

That's complete false. Captain America "sees" bullets moving in slow motion due to the Super Soldier serum's effect on his brain. He's even literally outraced bullets in a small room. He isn't aim dodging.

karimamin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats wins both times. Since in both cases they get prep time, Bats uses his sonic baterang and stinky smoke bomb to temporarily disable DD and just go in for the kill.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@wolverine08:

Captain America. Outracing bullets.

Now why should I even bother talking to you given that ludicrous assertment? You just said Cap Am outraces a typical plane ( bullets are faster than your typical airbus)

I mean just logically think about what you just claimed

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@karimamin:

Did you not read about the part where Cap Am showed up prepped with SHIELD tech who by all accounts are as up to date on their metahumans as Bats is, and DD just toyed with him took his shield and left the poor man wondering what just happened?

If that weakness was easy to exploit DD wouldn't be doing stuff like beating up Bullseye in a SUBWAY station with trains roaring around them

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I would go with bats prep time gives him the edge but it's certainly not a stomp

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren:

The only time Batman beat Cass was without her powers

Unless you are stating something from her later Godawful runs

In which case Nightwing also stablemated her and Tim Drake outright beat her meaning he is better than both of them right?

If you mean THAT version of Cassie Matt murderstomps her

karimamin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost:

Cap's prep is no way comparable to Bats. Cap got toyed with because he brought the wrong equipment for the fight. Batman wouldn't make that mistake. Also, if the writers shows that his weakness was so easy to exploit, then we'd have a boring comic.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheGrayGhost

@saren: And there is plenty of evidence of it not working too or at least DD resisting long enough to win afight

Beside the point really as the OP states they ONLY know about each other's fighting style and that's all they can prep for

That would be the time they were both drugged up yes?

And was any specific explanation of Batgirl FAILING to read Batman's moves ever given?

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37  Edited By 14NC3

Batman wins round one 6/10 times. Bruce has daredevil beat in martial arts by a verysmall margin but since he has gadgets and time to strategise he gets a bigger advantage. He may be able to fight daredevil long enough to find out about his weakness then could use a sonic batarang but I think that the fight goes to batman after a long and intense h2h fight. Bats will probably use a couple gadgets to his advantage after noticing how good matt is at fighting.

Round 2 again goes to Batman 7/10 times. Batman is much better than daredevil when it comes to prep. It's as simple as that.

Batman.

Both rounds.

No Caption Provided

This is how I feel admitting batman wins.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wolverine008

@14nc3: I understand how you feel bro!

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think Matt has a good shot of winning this due to the limitations of Bruce's Gear. The smoke Bomb is useless...Matt is already Blind. And once Bruce tosses his 3 Batarangs...he's unarmed facing and facing Daredevil with his signature weapon.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: so this where you claim Batman is the number one street leveller in the DCU right cause I sure claim Cass is no1exceot when Val shows up..

So about right now I expect to see those scans were Batman smirks as bullets pass imches from his face and he dodges at the last moment. Yup I am sure Batman stablemating Peak Cass Cain is up there with all of his other feats including getting hammered unconscious by Deathstroke andthen Cassie sstablemating DS while holding onto a disk with one hand or turning his own swotd on him or beating down Shiva in a couple of panels

Of course them fighting evenly is highly consistent with Batman's other fights with her right, oh wait he wasn't trying . But now that was of course Cassie can't read his body anymore cuz when Batman get angry he punch faster than Deathstroke , Shiva , Nightwing amd of course bullets right?

Whenever Cass has lost or even stablemated they have at least TRIED to give an explanation be it Slades body beimg something she can't read or Tim fighting with "no style" .

But nope. Batman is so much fasyer than Deathstroke he stalemates her in a fight. Because of course he has shown the speed to move faster than a bullet after its fired so MANY times

So you are saying Batman is better than Shiva, DS and Cass right? That must be exactly what you are saying

Good Day

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: so this where you claim Batman is the number one street leveller in the DCU right cause I sure claim Cass is no1exceot when Val shows up..

So about right now I expect to see those scans were Batman smirks as bullets pass imches from his face and he dodges at the last moment. Yup I am sure Batman stablemating Peak Cass Cain is up there with all of his other feats including getting hammered unconscious by Deathstroke andthen Cassie sstablemating DS while holding onto a disk with one hand or turning his own swotd on him or beating down Shiva in a couple of panels

Of course them fighting evenly is highly consistent with Batman's other fights with her right, oh wait he wasn't trying . But now that was of course Cassie can't read his body anymore cuz when Batman get angry he punch faster than Deathstroke , Shiva , Nightwing amd of course bullets right?

Whenever Cass has lost or even stablemated they have at least TRIED to give an explanation be it Slades body beimg something she can't read or Tim fighting with "no style" .

But nope. Batman is so much fasyer than Deathstroke he stalemates her in a fight. Because of course he has shown the speed to move faster than a bullet after its fired so MANY times

So you are saying Batman is better than Shiva, DS and Cass right? That must be exactly what you are saying

Good Day

Huh?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

One thing I find is that people constantly under-estimate Daredevil on Comic vine. Its a surprise fight, so Batman probably wont know about DDs sonic weakness. Still think Batman wins but on a sort of 60/40 basis.....I think it will be tough. DD has a good record against capable opponents like Captain America, Wolverine and Spiderman...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren:

I can show you Batman one-shotting Deathstroke if you like. And that was a lot more recent that the more infamous fight from 20+ years ago.

Really? I'd like to see this.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Wolverine008

@saren said:

@wolverine08 said:

@saren:

I can show you Batman one-shotting Deathstroke if you like. And that was a lot more recent that the more infamous fight from 20+ years ago.

Really? I'd like to see this.

Oh no, you don't. Nuh-uh.

Don't tease me!

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DigitalShooter9

Batman wins, not easily though, not a stomp

It is, assuming he has prep on both rounds...

Batman can use knock out gas for instantly dropping dd.

Can use an explosive batarang.

Can bring a taser to shock him...

He can use any kind of gadget to one shot DD basically.

But if it was sheer h2h, it wouldn't be a stomp....

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The likes of sensei have nowhere near the feats to claim to be number one. But of course do believe everything ypu read on panel.

If the character has no feats to back up their claims I see no reason to take them seriously. Otherwise 10 eyed man would bethe " most dangerous man in the world. "

Sure go aheadand show me Batman smashing Slade with his own gun and stuff like that. Stuff which you bknow is inconsistent within the comic itself given how Slade was easily beating him before

I aready mentioned how her speed is consistent with her showings vs High quality opponents like beating Shiva in a couple of panels, Batman failing to hit her when yknow neither was drugged and her oh so important body reading wasn't affected, Caas easily getting the upper hand and forcing Slade to toss a grenade and run WITH one hand(she was holding a disc with the other) swatting away Night wing with a smirk as he tried everything when he was suspicious of her

Yeah her bullet time speed seems to hold fairly well here

Nightwing only tagged her after all thise terrible runs began at at time when Cass was beaten by Tim Drake among others. Ravager has pre cog herself and again this highly inconsistent with her other showings including NW easily beating her unkess you wanna say Nightwing beats Cass too. If you think Harley is faster than Even Not trying Batman (you claim) then I really have nothing more to say to you

That's not how it works in comics? Of course not. In comics Captain Cold tags the Flash and Spiderman beats Firelord. So if you wanna go by that sort of PIS I will also bring up the fight with Supergirl and heck for that matter Matt beating Spidey and Stalemating Hulk

Logically without PIS Cass consistently bullet timed at lolful levels at her peak and beat the best of the best with ease , consistent with her bullet time speed

Consistently Batman has always been a notch below the absolute elite martial artists in DC, consistent with his comic book peak human speed., beating the best only with varying degrees of prep or PIS

So yeah Cass beats Matt most times after a brutal fight while she stomps Bruce every time by utilising her MAXIMUM speed which Bruce HAS NOT shown same as Flash would solo most characters in a PIS free setting like....ComicVine Battles!

So no , Matt pressure points Bruce moving at a speed Bruce has never directly shown to win 10/10 battles

With prep, its the same as tgey both dont know anything other than each other's fighting styles

MaTt wins

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheGrayGhost

Sorry for any spelling mistakes. Its difficult like hell on my phone

Gas and stuff won't really work as Matt has feats like appeaing in his civies in the scope of a sniper rifle then disappearing and appeaearing next to the shooter in the next panel( in his costume) . So covering the ground to pressure point Bruce before he can react is what happens if Bruce specifically doesn't use sonivs

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how many people here are actually aware of Daredevil's feats or powers for that matter

This guy has an inbuilt radar akin to Spider Sense. Any move Bruce is pulling out Matts already seeing it coming much like Cass Cain

And then come his feats. Daredevil's speed is that of a bullet timer

Batman is an aim dodger

Now what do these terms mean?

DD can dodge a bullet AFTER its fired while Batman can see the aim of the gun, guess the direction of the bullet and generally jump in the opposite direction usually in shadows

To put this in perspective Matt has feats like having a sniper bullet approach him, taking out his club and batting it away

I don't see the point of the "Who is a better bullet dodger" argument here.. DD might have superhuman senses but he has normal human speed (not even peak human) while batman has peak human speed. He could do a better job against bullets but when in a fight, batman can obviously take advantage of DD's blindness to some extent. So DD isn't outspending batman or dodging all his attacks. They are about equally matched in that area.

And lets not even get into the strength debate . DD can lift a car with 3 people inside and stuff

Seriously?? Last time I checked DD was a normal human with enhanced senses. I don't know what makes you think he can lift a car with 3 people in it. I mean captain america or even spiderman has trouble doing that most of the time and you are saying that matt(whose physical stats are inferior to bruce's)can do it? I need scans for that...

Then there are his nerve strikes. Matt has used them so much more in his comics in ACTUAL fights then the one off times Bruce uses them-

Nope, Batman uses them all the time....He also uses his gadgets to one shot his enemies and that might be why it looks like DD uses them more but it is also a fact that batman has received better training and is more skilled.

To put this into perspective, Cap Am , by all accounts Bruce's equal or better has prepped for DD and is waiting to take him down. He has filled the air with gas and stuff that have been specifically designed by SHIELD to disrupt his senses( which include LOLful feats like hearing people across a city...or was it smelling them ?I forget) . Cap's prepared and ready

Cap gives it all he has while Matt toys around with him, praising the man and his weapon , then taking his shield from him at one point before jumping off the window to leave Captain thinking what the hell just happened.

Really? From what I know Caps is the one who always holds back when fighting DD. Yes DD can hang with Cap but definitely not TOY with him.

What makes you people think Batman can do any better?

First off, he once knocked Guy Gardner (Who was a green lantern and received intense green lantern training) out with one punch. I know it is funny and all but it is canon and when you actually think about it, All GL's receive training that is more intense than DD. I really don't know how DD can get smacked by Batman and not get KO'd.

He fights villains such as Killer croc and bane on venom who can literally crush DD into smithereens.