Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Darkgenex

No mirakuru.

Fight takes place in a redwood forest.

Slade has been hired to catch Matt Murdocks attention by killing innocent people he recently interacted with. (Except people close to him). Matt knows what Slades breathing sounds like, so anywhere close he knows where Slade is. Slade leads him off into a forest nearby and from there it's a game of hide and seek until an inevitable battle. Slade does not have any knives or his sword. This will be purely h2h.

Matt is not holding back.

Weather: Rainy

Time: Night

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Kokemabb200

Daredevil

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke.

barryallen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not holding back daredevil

Keehn93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil. Feat for feat DS is probably stronger but far to slow to take on the devil of hells kitchen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Slade.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Matt is in the mindset he was in when he rekt Nobu, I'd say he can beat Slade

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade punches a hole through him. C'mon.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Damn. Guess I'll deactivate my account.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
deactivated-5a220d15cc740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pure H2H? Matt not holding back? Matt wins.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: Damn. Guess I'll deactivate my account.

Haha, reading the original post helps.

Matt wins with mid/high diff.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt wins without too much hassle

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16 Lunacyde  Moderator

Purely H2H Matt takes this with mid difficulty.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a3162faeafe3
deactivated-5a3162faeafe3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt wins handily. This is Slade without Mirakuru for those saying Slade stomps or 'punches a hole through him'.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt wins handily. This is Slade without Mirakuru for those saying Slade stomps or 'punches a hole through him'.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Purely H2H Matt takes this with mid difficulty.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

Slade's underrated, Ollie never defeated him fair and square in cqc. He'd just been hit with the cure when he fought him at the end of season 2, the cure must have had serious side-effects since it was knocking out the other Mirakuru soldiers on contact. It was impressive that Slade remained conscious, yet he still fought evenly with Arrow, even having him bang to rights at one point, Ollie only won due to his archery.

Maybe he surpassed him in later seasons, but in S2, Slade >> Ollie in my opinion.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade wins, and I'd argue quite handily. He's shown bullet-timing, which is well above Matt's own speed feats. He's almost single-handedly slaughtered an entire camp of highly trained mercenaries (including training by Yao Fei and Billy Wintergreen), armed with heavy weaponry. This blows anything Matt has done out of the water. He took down Billy Wintergreen, who was at a similar level to Yao Fei. In Season 3, after having been stranded on an island and likely having undergone heavy atrophy due to years of reliance on Mirakuru and a lack of any training while locked up, he still blitzed Ollie and then later dispatched him quickly through H2H combat. CW Arrow is well above Daredevil, and Slade was pretty thoroughly above Season 3 Ollie. In a 2.5 tie-in comic, he yet again took down Ollie purely through H2H combat, proving the former was not an isolated incident. Through scaling off Ollie or just through his feats on the island, I think it's clear Slade is a top-tier Arrowverse combatant, likely up there with Ra's, prime Dhark, Prometheus, Sara, Mick, and current Ollie. This is more than enough to give him the win against Matt.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@firestormfate1919: Slade has no bullet timing feats better than what matt does. He slaughtered the camp with guns and explosives and his knives, all of which he does not have here. And everything else is just a fanboy rant that a guy named slade needs to be the most badass ever... Slade ain't that good and that's part of what pissed the actor off that played him causing him to get into a fight with the showrunners.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Really low balling Slade here...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

How about someone just provides actual notable H2H feats for non-MirakuruSlade since he's so underrated.

From what I remember they are few.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: IIRC he had the upper hand against Oliver in the season 2.5 tie in comic.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lunacyde  Moderator

@dstreet45: Well thank you. I never read the comics. That's at least something.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme: I mean Slade does have a bullet-timing feat, as in moving after the bullet left the chamber, and as far as I'm aware Matt does not. If I'm just unaware of a feat he does have that's a different story, but if not Slade has the objectively better speed feat.

Literally none of what I said was a "fanboy rant", I brought up three distinct combat feats. Slade slaughtering the camp, in which he did utilize explosives, tactics, and guns, but also frequently used H2H combat (or at least blades which are very close). Then I brought up two different times that Slade without Mirakuru took down Oliver, both of which were with relative ease. Given the large majority would generally put Oliver above Matt, this has great applicability to this matchup. I could also bring up instances such as taking down Roy and numerous Argus Agents to further support Slade's ability, but his feats against Oliver are his best ones. The only reason Slade lost at all in Season 3 was because he was blindsided by Thea's combat ability, as he thought she was still the same girl he met back in Season 2. He was never actually trumped in combat.

The reason Slade's actor was angry with the character's direction had very little to do with his combat ability. It was more he felt like Slade should be used in a meaningful way to the season and as the major adversary to Oliver. He didn't like that Slade was used as a one-off villain and a plot device for Thea' development controlled by Malcolm Merlyn. He thought Slade's motivations should be more complex, which I agree with. He really wasn't nerfed in terms of combat, and even if he was that wouldn't be a reason to leave, though a disagreement in character motivation could be.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lunacyde  Moderator

@firestormfate1919: Just curious, what is Slade's bullet-timing feat? I don't remember him having one.