#1 Edited by MyronLee26 (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil and Elektra vs Green Arrow and Black Canary

Battle takes in New York City

Scenario 1: Random encounter

Scenario 2: Both teams have prep with knowledge of each others powers and abilities.

Who wins?

#2 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, Black Canary has the ability to end this very quickly.

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

If the fight is in character, that is unlikely. She tends to avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

I'll take team 1 for the random encounter and team 2 with prep.
#4 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26: Morals on or off?

#5 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

If the fight is in character, that is unlikely. She tends to avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

I'll take team 1 for the random encounter and team 2 with prep.

Why do you think Team 1. I believe it would come down to Black Canary vs Daredevil, and I think Black Canary would be in a losing battle h2h but nothing that the Canary Cry wouldn't fix if it proved to be necessary.

#6 Posted by MyronLee26 (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@MyronLee26: Morals on or off?

You could decide whether they are for both morals on and/or off.

#7 Edited by HBKTimHBK (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals Off: Team 2, it would come down to Black Canary defeating them in one good Canary cry.

Morals On: Hmm..idk. It would be Black Canary vs Daredevil, and it depends on if Canary thinks of him as a threat before he knocks her unconscious.

#8 Posted by Morpheus_ (29909 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

Why do you think Team 1. I believe it would come down to Black Canary vs Daredevil, and I think Black Canary would be in a losing battle h2h but nothing that the Canary Cry wouldn't fix if it proved to be necessary.

If it came down to it the Canary cry could solo team 1, but in the scenario you provided, it depends on if she'll even have the opportunity to do so. While fighting, it's just as possible DD could knock her out flat with a nerve strike before she feels sufficiently threatened to resort to it.
#9 Posted by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

Encounter 1: Team 1. I see Daredevil's and Elektra's fighting skills defeating team 2 before Black Canary decides to use her sonic scream.

Encounter 2: Team 2. If Black Canary is prepared(as in she'll be ready to use her Canary cry) and Green Arrow has an array(no pun intended) of arrows/viable fighting skills, they would defeat(not stomp) Team 1.

#10 Posted by Billdevil (435 posts) - - Show Bio

If Canary knows Daredevil's weakness she will scream right off the bat. If Daredevil and Elektra are smart they will match up Elektra on Canary, and DD on Arrow. Green Arrow isn't likely to hit DD before he closes on him and up close he doesn't stand a chance. Elektra had better go to her "silent scream" early as well. It almost comes down to who sees who first.

#11 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billdevil said:

If Canary knows Daredevil's weakness she will scream right off the bat. If Daredevil and Elektra are smart they will match up Elektra on Canary, and DD on Arrow. Green Arrow isn't likely to hit DD before he closes on him and up close he doesn't stand a chance. Elektra had better go to her "silent scream" early as well. It almost comes down to who sees who first.

Elektra rarely uses her scream, and I believe Black Canary would beat Elektra in h2h.

#12 Posted by The Stegman (28772 posts) - - Show Bio

Encounter 1: Team 1. I see Daredevil's and Elektra's fighting skills defeating team 2 before Black Canary decides to use her sonic scream.

Encounter 2: Team 2. If Black Canary is prepared(as in she'll be ready to use her Canary cry) and Green Arrow has an array(no pun intended) of arrows/viable fighting skills, they would defeat(not stomp) Team 1.

more or less this
#13 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie is the weak link.

#14 Posted by Pokeysteve (9097 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr said:

Ollie is the weak link.

Team 2 is in trouble. Not sure Canary can take them both in h2h. I think team 2 can at least take round two.

#15 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5632 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with the general consensus here as Team 2 ,I believe, are much better at prep than Team 1.  Even though DD has shown he's capable of preparing for a fight, he's definitely better at on the fly fighting than bothering to prep.  BA and GA have both hung with the master of prep and are smart enough to have picked up a few tricks.   

So that's team 1 in first battle with no prep and team 2 in second battle with prep.

#16 Posted by Nefarious (27595 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

#17 Posted by Billdevil (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: I think you are half right.

#18 Posted by entropy_aegis (15985 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

Team 2

#19 Posted by karrob (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

more or less this

Agreed

#20 Posted by krilling (2497 posts) - - Show Bio

Scenario 1: DD and Elektra easily.
Scenario 2: GA and BC

#21 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billdevil said:

@HBKTimHBK: I think you are half right.

Which half is wrong? lol

#22 Posted by Billdevil (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: You’re right. Elektra uses her scream next to never. She ether doesn't need it or it was anomaly under the writer who came up with it and she really should never have done it. In any case is an on panel feat. The part I think you’re mistaken on is that Canary can take her H2H. I think Elektra would destroy her in that area my friend.

#23 Edited by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billdevil said:

@HBKTimHBK: You’re right. Elektra uses her scream next to never. She ether doesn't need it or it was anomaly under the writer who came up with it and she really should never have done it. In any case is an on panel feat. The part I think you’re mistaken on is that Canary can take her H2H. I think Elektra would destroy her in that area my friend.

Maybe when she can destroy Bullseye in hand to hand then you can say that.

#24 Posted by God_Spawn (39298 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

Team 1

Team 2

#25 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billdevil said:

I would have to disagree, Black Canary is a great martial artist.

#26 Posted by Billdevil (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: She’s beat him before, and Bullseye is an amazing fighter.

@HBKTimHBK: Not on Elektra's level IMO.

#27 Posted by Richter (375 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra stomps Canary in h2h.

END OF

#28 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billdevil said:

She beat him because she randomly changed up her style of fighting, but didn't he beat her the majority of times? Canary is a great h2h fighter, and Oracle even said she has what it takes to be on par with Batman...I'm trying to quote from a scan I saw, so I may be a little off, but that's the point of what she said.

#29 Posted by daredevil21134 (14009 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billdevil said:

Gail Simone gave Black Canary some way out fighting skills

#30 Edited by Billdevil (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK: @daredevil21134: There is no shame in loosing to Bullseye. The guy is a freak when he isn’t used as a jobbing fool. Your point is well taken, I know BC is awesome, but Elektra is a level above. I don’t think BC could beat Batman, but she could fight with him, there is a big difference. If you know that old Elektra series where she beats Bullseye, you know she also beat Taskmaster and Razor Fist.

Elektra was a martial artist’s martial artist in that series.

This is a little beyond the OP. If they both can “screem” it only matters who sees who first.

#31 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

Team 2.

No Morals = Team 2. As Dex mentioned, Ollie's the weak link.

#32 Edited by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billdevil said:

She's barely beaten him and mainly because of plot devices, in her own volume she got stomped by him until she suddenly switched styles, Bullseye has never operated like that. In Dark Reign she beat him, she was injured but Bullseye was also toying with her.

No he isn't, Daredevil has beaten him to near death, even Punisher nearly killed him with a choke hold in their mini.

No, she's above Elektra's level, she's closer to Shiva's level. Elektra is barely above Black Widow's level.

@Billdevil said:

@HBKTimHBK: @daredevil21134: There is no shame in loosing to Bullseye. The guy is a freak when he isn’t used as a jobbing fool. Your point is well taken, I know BC is awesome, but Elektra is a level above. I don’t think BC could beat Batman, but she could fight with him, there is a big difference. If you know that old Elektra series where she beats Bullseye, you know she also beat Taskmaster and Razor Fist.

Elektra was a martial artist’s martial artist in that series.

This is a little beyond the OP. If they both can “screem” it only matters who sees who first.

There's plenty of shame if you consider Elektra anything more than a C lister, Canary couldn't beat Batman, but she'd do much better against him than Elektra would. She lost to Taskmaster also, and Razor Fist is a C lister, Bucky was kicking his ass in his Siege one shot until he had to save a woman and her kid from a falling rock.

#33 Posted by termiteone4ever (9071 posts) - - Show Bio

TEam 2 in both

#34 Posted by Billdevil (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: I think we can argue any of these wins or losses could be a plot device. Bullseye studies his opponents so Elektra switching styles was a smart way to win and shows she is well versed in many martial arts.

Bullseye has beaten Daredevil before (Guardian Devil) and made a fool of Punisher (Greatest Hits).

I’m not sure how far Elektra is above Black Widow’s level, or how far below Shiva’s level Canary is, but it’s academic unless they have fought.

Has Canary beat Shiva or Batman?

#35 Posted by SC (14643 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billdevil said:

@Dex_Starr: I think we can argue any of these wins or losses could be a plot device. Bullseye studies his opponents so Elektra switching styles was a smart way to win and shows she is well versed in many martial arts.

Bullseye has beaten Daredevil before (Guardian Devil) and made a fool of Punisher (Greatest Hits).

I’m not sure how far Elektra is above Black Widow’s level, or how far below Shiva’s level Canary is, but it’s academic unless they have fought.

Bullseye wasn't toying with Elektra in her DR mini, that's Bullseye composition and attitude sometimes. If people think that taunting and savoring in the moment is a sign of not trying, they might nor know Bullseye characterization very well or read any formspring questions where writers have to actually explain word for word their own writing after fans write in to them asking them to explain (lol) or they might just be bias...  maybe, who knows. 

Elektra didn't even need to fight Punisher in their fight, she was too fast and and took the gun he was pointing at her, out of his hand and pointed it back at him without him even realizing.  

Anyway, I agree with you.  

@ScarlettAssassin said:

You reference Dark Reign in saying that Bullseye was toying with Elektra - but then again, he also hit her with a drugged arrow so he was worried enough about her that he felt he needed the extra help. Even with all that, Elektra still managed to beat Bullseye, sending him running. That's two times she's bested him, irregardless of how you interpret the wins.

I consider Elektra higher than Black Widow level-wise, not tremendously, but markedly - if only for the extra ability of hallucination and silent scream. And obviously it's a matter of opinion that Elektra is more than a C lister - she's had two mini's and one on-going (cancelled, true), not to mention team-ups and that's not bringing Ultimate Marvel. She might not be A, but a solid B, at the very least.

UR WRONG SCARLETT! - If Elektra wins? Its obviously plot device, if she loses, its canon? Go read a dictionary you n00b! 
#36 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billdevil said:

Bullseye beat him after he shot Daredevil in the shoulder. He's made a fool of Punisher but Punisher has made a fool of him twice.

Canary has never beaten Shiva but she's given her amazing fights, we know that Elektra isn't far above Black Widow's level because they actually stalemated in Widow's series.

#37 Posted by entropy_aegis (15985 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Billdevil said:

Gail Simone gave Black Canary some way out fighting skills

Simone gave her hype,featwise I don't think her Canary had done anything worth mentioning,I mean she was hanging around with Bronze Tiger and Kobra in books not written by Simone.

Still Elektra's strength and ruthlessness could be a nice counter.

#38 Posted by Billdevil (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: Just wondering, if Elektra isn't at the top of your list as a Marvel martial artist, who would she need to beat or at least be able to fight with to put her on Canary's level???

#39 Posted by mfundo (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 might take both rounds.

#40 Edited by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billdevil said:

@Dex_Starr: Just wondering, if Elektra isn't at the top of your list as a Marvel martial artist, who would she need to beat or at least be able to fight with to put her on Canary's level???

It's not just winning, the fact that she struggles with C listers like Bullseye and Black Widow is why I don't hold her in very high regard, granted Canary has as well but it seems to be more frequent for Elektra. Daredevil has also beaten Elektra with ease.

#41 Posted by Billdevil (435 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dex_Starr: I see where your at.