• 53 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante goes to Metropolis in contract with Lex Luthor to takeout the Man of Steel in which all of his bills would be paid for. Dante encounters the Man of Steel in hopes of bringing him in or killing him.

Round 1 Bloodlusted

Round 2 Morals are on- After the fight, they join together to fight Lex Luthor and Dante saves Lois from danger.

Action Comics #902

Just wanted to add in a cool little story

Dante is fully equipped and has all of his abilities

Superman is at standard and is at full strength

Who wins?

#2 Posted by dondave (36587 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave: feats for dante? as I dont play the game

#3 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you want the story or just the fight? Because if it is the fight we are talking about and Dante indeed has all his abilities, it looks like a mismatch to me.

#4 Posted by renobjc (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman easily. both. And superman wouldn't need Dante to save lois for him. Dante isn't unkillable and most of his enemies are pretty easy to kill due to them being slow(DMC 3 and 4). Superman's speed and immense strength would overwhelm Dante.

#5 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-general/dantedmc-respect-thread-129203/

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Dante

#6 Edited by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

@renobjc: Dante has Bangle Of Time, Quicksilver, and Chrono Heart. Most if not all of his weapons would hurt Superman due to them being of the supernatural as they do carry magical properties. Yamato would hurt Superman pretty badly, too.

#7 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante.

It's not going to be easy, but, with Majin DT, Quicksilver, and all his weapons, he would win.

#8 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

@DocFatalis: Both would be fine, but it would be a good match in my opinion.

#9 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante has an insane durability, an insane strength, it's practically impossible to blitz him thanks to his time manipulation powers, he's got a blade that can cut through absolutely anything, he's also got a reaction time almost unheard off. And the source of all this power is magic, and you root him against someone whose weakness is magic.

I love the Devil May Cry concept, but this is still a mismatch to me.

#10 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with Dante since he has so much magic and style up his sleeves.

#11 Posted by Jimishim12 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman punches his lights out at the FTL speed. Magic really isn't a weakness, it just makes him vunerable to it as anyone else. But Superman is to strong, fast, and hax himself For Dante to react to. Superman tanked a lighting blast from Captain Marvel and was fine afterwards and has been taking on magical sky fathers and winning

#12 Posted by dondave (36587 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante

#13 Posted by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

The only game I have played with Dante is MVC3 and to be perfectly honest he wasn't all that impressive.

#14 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't played DMC but I've seen the feats. And Dante at best is Quicksilver levels of speed, maybe a little higher. He probably isn't that high in strength either, at least not when compared to comics.

Superman isn't FTL speeds, contrary to what some may be stating here. He is most likely hypersonic in combat, but nowhere near light speed. However, he is still at least 20 times or more faster than Dante (combat speed and reflexes), and his strength and striking power puts Dante's to shame as well. Plus his heat vision can be AoE, and there's so much he can do here.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#15 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off Superman would destroy Dante. Morals on he may lose.

#16 Posted by Zella (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante wins solely due to time manipulating, he can essentially stop time and with Yamato he could easily cut Supes in half. Take away his time manipulation though and he just gets speed blitz until he's a red mist but if he's got all his gear he takes both rounds.

#17 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24150 posts) - - Show Bio

The Man Of Steel

#18 Posted by Jimishim12 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

He has gone FTL speeds while traveling through space and flew out of a black hole. Superman easily wins this.

#19 Edited by slacker the hacker (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see any situation were Superman could lose. (Now come the replys stating all the ways he could lose)

#20 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

I haven't played DMC but I've seen the feats. And Dante at best is Quicksilver levels of speed, maybe a little higher. He probably isn't that high in strength either, at least not when compared to comics.

Superman isn't FTL speeds, contrary to what some may be stating here. He is most likely hypersonic in combat, but nowhere near light speed. However, he is still at least 20 times or more faster than Dante (combat speed and reflexes), and his strength and striking power puts Dante's to shame as well. Plus his heat vision can be AoE, and there's so much he can do here.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

He doesn't need to be FTL in combat. Simply being FTL in travel lets him speed blitz, especially during Round 1.

He loses Round 2 due to morals being on.

#21 Posted by SlimJ87D (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman can't fight at FTL.... Just fly, there's a difference. This is like saying Iron Man can fight at March 5 because he flies at March 5.

#22 Posted by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: He doesn't need to fight at FTL, to be able to speed blitz someone at FTL. Much like Iron Man doesn't need to fight at Mach 5, to be able to fly into someone and hit them at Mach 5.

#23 Posted by SlimJ87D (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs said:

@SlimJ87D: He doesn't need to fight at FTL, to be able to speed blitz someone at FTL. Much like Iron Man doesn't need to fight at Mach 5, to be able to fly into someone and hit them at Mach 5.

But Dante can freeze and manipulate time with quicksilver, somewhat like Zoom. Superman doesn't just fly at FTL instantly either. He has to accelerate to those levels.

#24 Edited by xeon1cs (1479 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: New 52 Superman has literally gone from floating in space to basically appearing on Earth. He did it in Red Hood and the Outlaws 14.

EDIT: Sorry, floating around in space outside of Pluto. Then beat their teleportation to Earth. Whatever acceleration he needs, apparently isn't very much, if any at all.

#25 Posted by SlimJ87D (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs said:

@SlimJ87D: New 52 Superman has literally gone from floating in space to basically appearing on Earth. He did it in Red Hood and the Outlaws 14.

I know I have that issue. But again we don't know how long it took him to go ftl, sure to us its probably in milliseconds though.

Dante has quicksilver and he can control time, time revolves around him. Speed blitzing probably won't work.

#26 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

Morals off Superman would destroy Dante. Morals on he may lose.

100% agree with this.

#27 Posted by Pwok21 (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

Royal Guard to block any damage, then Quicksilver only follow up with Yamato for the K.O.

#28 Posted by eagerbuttermilk (443 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpeedForceSpider: agreed

#29 Posted by Jimishim12 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

@xeon1cs: Morals On, Dante ain't doing nothing to Kal with his inferior weapon reflexes and skills, magical weapons or no, Superman is to powerful physically and Superman has punched through time before so quick silver won't work.

#30 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Dante although I HATE the DMC series. Too much magic and style for Supes to handle.

#31 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4362 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Superman can win round 1. It is not like magic completely depowers him, it only affects like everyone else.

#32 Posted by TERMINATORFAN (1250 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante has this. All rounds.

#33 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Bloodlusted Supes wrecks.

Round 2: Dante

#34 Posted by JinSlayerX (129 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

Royal Guard to block any damage, then Quicksilver only follow up with Yamato for the K.O.

QFT

#35 Edited by Jimishim12 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

@Pwok21 said:

Royal Guard to block any damage, then Quicksilver only follow up with Yamato for the K.O.

Prove Royal Gaurd has the power to stop Superman like attacks please. Superman beat on Cap marvel despite his magical quailites and wins.

And like others said before speed bltiz before quick sliver works, even though Superman has punched through time before.

#36 Posted by TheTruthNerds (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: How? Dante uses weapons superman is immune too. SO how? Like bullets etc...

#37 Posted by Jimishim12 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante lacks the speed and strength to uses these weapons on Superman's level. You know this.

#38 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2171 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTruthNerds said:

@The_Lunact_And_Manic: How? Dante uses weapons superman is immune too. SO how? Like bullets etc...

The vast majority of Dante's weapons are magical. His sword, Rebellion, is a magical sword and his guns, Ebony and Ivory have magical bullets and never needs reloading.

#39 Posted by MorganFreeman (446 posts) - - Show Bio

If Dante continuously spams his time altering abilities (which going by the OP seems to be allowed) then he can manage a victory. Superman decimates him otherwise due to superior speed, strength and durability.

#40 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

dante since he is like 99.99% magic based

#41 Posted by Pwok21 (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jimishim12:

Royal Guard negates ALL physical damage and reflects it.

#42 Posted by xlab3000 (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 Superman wrecks

Round 2 Dante wins

#43 Posted by comicace3 (4752 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't I do this? oh wait I see you added your own little twist... my bad carry on.

#44 Posted by Jimishim12 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

@morganfreeman: Supers can bypass time altering hax himself and magic.

#45 Edited by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@zella said:

Dante wins solely due to time manipulating, he can essentially stop time and with Yamato he could easily cut Supes in half. Take away his time manipulation though and he just gets speed blitz until he's a red mist but if he's got all his gear he takes both rounds.

This pretty much. Only hope for Superman is if Dante decides cutting Supes in half like that isn't stylish enough.

#46 Edited by russellmania77 (15024 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm dante wins when i put in the cheat that keeps him on demon mode

#47 Edited by Jimishim12 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman flicks Dante into sun with superior physical and elemental abilites.

#48 Edited by NightwingX (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante takes both rounds

#49 Posted by monarch_prime (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@xeon1cs said:

@SlimJ87D: He doesn't need to fight at FTL, to be able to speed blitz someone at FTL. Much like Iron Man doesn't need to fight at Mach 5, to be able to fly into someone and hit them at Mach 5.

But Dante can freeze and manipulate time with quicksilver, somewhat like Zoom. Superman doesn't just fly at FTL instantly either. He has to accelerate to those levels.

Somewhat like Zoom? Please.

#50 Posted by SlimJ87D (9690 posts) - - Show Bio

@slimj87d said:

@xeon1cs said:

@SlimJ87D: He doesn't need to fight at FTL, to be able to speed blitz someone at FTL. Much like Iron Man doesn't need to fight at Mach 5, to be able to fly into someone and hit them at Mach 5.

But Dante can freeze and manipulate time with quicksilver, somewhat like Zoom. Superman doesn't just fly at FTL instantly either. He has to accelerate to those levels.

Somewhat like Zoom? Please.

I guess you didn't understand the SOMEWHAT part did you?