Spawn would win in a tough fight
symbiote5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By symbiote5
well dante is good at capturing creatures but with spawn he would face someone he nevr had with unbeliveable power
Ridleyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ridleyz

Spawn curbstomp

Avatar image for hieixsakura_naruto_
Hieixsakura(naruto)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ridleyz said:
"Spawn curbstomp

"
How? Does Dante have same speed and power as him?
symbiote5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By symbiote5
Hieixsakura(naruto) said:
"Ridleyz said:
"Spawn curbstomp

"
How? Does Dante have same speed and power as him?"
last time i checked dante couldnt pick up a tank
Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Acheron
symbiote5 said:
"Hieixsakura(naruto) said:
"Ridleyz said:
"Spawn curbstomp

"
last time i checked dante couldnt pick up a tank
"
He's a lot stronger than he looks. He blocked shots from the Savior statue at the end of DMC4. I dunno much about Spawn so I can't comment on the fight, though.
symbiote5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By symbiote5
spawn can create dimensions dante cant escape dimensions
caption
caption
Baby Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Baby Vegeta

Spawn

Ridleyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ridleyz
Hieixsakura(naruto) said:
"Ridleyz said:
"Spawn curbstomp

"
Not even close

Beside the fact the Spawn has magic beyond any character or boss from any of the DMC titles

Spawn is well beyond class 100 and is many times faster

Dante doesn't have a prayer
Avatar image for alessandromarques
alessandromarques

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@symbiote5:

Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P20NR6cf4-0

Dante just easily blocked Savior's punch,so I do think Dante is pretty strong.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DocFatalis

@Hieixsakura(naruto) said:

Who?

Which Spawn and at what time?

Young Spawn doesn't understand his powers and probably doesn't stand a chance, Hell Lord or God Spawn could eat Dante alive, new Spawn (not Simmons) would get floored after a tough fight.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NeonGameWave

Depends on the version, but Dante should win.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By tparks

I remember God Spawn being able to freeze time. Not that he would need it. Dante would stand zero chance against him. Curbstomp.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slimj87d

@DocFatalis said:

@Hieixsakura(naruto) said:

Who?

Which Spawn and at what time?

Young Spawn doesn't understand his powers and probably doesn't stand a chance, Hell Lord or God Spawn could eat Dante alive, new Spawn (not Simmons) would get floored after a tough fight.

It would be whatever Spawn 4 years ago when this topic was made. but since you guys bumped it you can discuss whichever Spawn you guys want.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So...DMC Dante? Dante from Dante's Inferno? Dante Alighieri?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By dondave

Spawn

DeadHungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Done before, even I opened a thread like this...And realized most people only coming with oooohhh...Spawn wins, because they have no knowledge about Dante at all...Just take the official stuff...From the end of DMC2 (which means he has everything from the trilogy). That means Super Sparda form (from DMC 2). First Sparda could only be killed by a demon, but he has overcame the the ruler of hell and he is the strongest demon...Dante has surpassed about 100 times...He has everything from the trilogy and it's 3rd age Spawn they're equal...And please if you're comin' here to say "Dante gets owned" coz you only know what Spawn can do... Come on....First gets owned...as for 2nd and 3rd age...2nd...big fight 5/10 Dante 3rd Age Dante probably would loose...But the little thingy that he is immortal and in super Sparda form totally invuranable and still got that Sparda shot...And Spawn's head only needs to be cut down...I don't want to say anything...But Spawn often gets overrated...Don't get me wrong (I'm not makin' tons of Spawn sig for nothin' ), he strong and a cool character...But there are characters in gamin' or comic world who could match him...

RebornAkuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RebornAkuma

It really does depend on the version of spawn and dante, more on spawn though. Like god-spawn would stomp

DeadHungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DeadHungry

@rebornakuma: I agree but such People don't know about Dante

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn, and I know what Dante is capable of.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pokergeist

@alessandromarques said:

@symbiote5:

Look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P20NR6cf4-0

Dante just easily blocked Savior's punch,so I do think Dante is pretty strong.

You Savior punch that was stopped due to being unpowered? Great Feat. Dante was even scared of being crushed lol.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Urizen the Dark God equal to Satan and God >>>>>>>>>>>> The Statue that lost all power in mid swing.

Spawn >>>>>>> Dante.

Also Simmons stomps Dante all day long due to many factors.

Mind Rape.

Black Holes.

Poisoning Dante's blood.

Killing Dante with his own Bad Karma.

Spawn simply STOMPS!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pokergeist

Done before, even I opened a thread like this...And realized most people only coming with oooohhh...Spawn wins, because they have no knowledge about Dante at all...Just take the official stuff...From the end of DMC2 (which means he has everything from the trilogy). That means Super Sparda form (from DMC 2). First Sparda could only be killed by a demon, but he has overcame the the ruler of hell and he is the strongest demon...Dante has surpassed about 100 times...He has everything from the trilogy and it's 3rd age Spawn they're equal...And please if you're comin' here to say "Dante gets owned" coz you only know what Spawn can do... Come on....First gets owned...as for 2nd and 3rd age...2nd...big fight 5/10 Dante 3rd Age Dante probably would loose...But the little thingy that he is immortal and in super Sparda form totally invuranable and still got that Sparda shot...And Spawn's head only needs to be cut down...I don't want to say anything...But Spawn often gets overrated...Don't get me wrong (I'm not makin' tons of Spawn sig for nothin' ), he strong and a cool character...But there are characters in gamin' or comic world who could match him...

I can prove in a hundred ways why Spawn wins.

I think your overrating Dante by alot.

Spawn is pretty much on average more powerful than Marvels Mephisto and at time more powerful than Marvels Odin.

Dante is weak.

RebornAkuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadhungry: they probably do, but al Simmons has some CRAZY feats, like stopping time *completely*

Sylvain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sylvain

Spawn

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NeonGameWave

@cadencev2 said:

@deadhungry said:

@deadhungry said:

Spawn is pretty much on average more powerful than Marvels Mephisto and at time more powerful than Marvels Odin.

Dante is weak.

Not to sound like a nuisance but there are many ways in which Dante could beat the more powerful and mid-modern versions of Spawn.

Dante is not overrated by a long shot he is very underrated.

Hell Lord Spawn is debatable when in the comparing of Odin but standard Spawn doesn`t come close to those levels, and Dante at full power could beat Mephisto also, he stomped the Despair Embodied a demon that reality warped the Earth and altered Hell. Dante never ever truly used his true power to its absolute.

No he is not.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante can just stop time and obliterate Spawn with a full power Ebony & Ivory blast.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By renamed040924

@neongamewave said:

@cadencev2 said:

@deadhungry said:

@deadhungry said:

Dante is weak.

Not to sound like a nuisance but there are many ways in which Dante could beat the more powerful and mid-modern versions of Spawn.

Hell Lord Spawn is debatable when in the comparing of Odin but standard Spawn doesn`t come close to those levels, and Dante at full power could beat Mephisto also, he stomped the Despair Embodied a demon that reality warped the Earth and altered Hell. Dante never ever truly used his true power to its absolute.

No he is not.

There are SO many different versions of Spawn that vary SO widely in power; people who haven't actually read anything just assume he's super uber powerful all the time, which is why he usually wins in threads without an argument. However, there are plenty of versions of him that Dante can beat. Someone like God Spawn is obviously out of his league, but Dante wins in this thread.

However, saying Dante is underrated is completely wrong. He's one of the most overrated characters on this site (rightly so). Just check out some of his other threads.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#29 god_spawn  Moderator
renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NeonGameWave

@nickzambuto said:

@neongamewave said:

@cadencev2 said:

@deadhungry said:

@deadhungry said:

Dante is weak.

No he is not.

There are SO many different versions of Spawn that vary SO widely in power; people who haven't actually read anything just assume he's super uber powerful all the time, which is why he usually wins in threads without an argument. However, there are plenty of versions of him that Dante can beat. Someone like God Spawn is obviously out of his league, but Dante wins in this thread.

However, saying Dante is underrated is completely wrong. He's one of the most overrated characters on this site (rightly so). Just check out some of his other threads.

Agreed.

Dante is overrated to a degree in terms of those who believe him to be unkillable and immortal although that is more so a probability than him being Eternal, but he is very underrated because many believe even at full power and fully equipped he cannot take on Superman, Thor or Ghost Rider when he has battled enemies who are above or close to those levels and defeated them with ease.

I made a Respect Thread for Dante.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/dante-devil-may-cry-respect-thread-1473126/

MaggotPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love both Dante and Spawn..they are two of the strongest characters in existence of anything.. And though Dante is probably my favorite, i see Spawn winning this..but not as easily as everyone says.. Spawn even defeated Kratos in a deathbattle..Seeing that Spawn defeated both God and Satan..creates aaaaaany weapon he wants, has multiple forms, feeds off the sin of others, and literally recreated the world in his image, has healing factor, and cant be damaged by weapons unless crafted i heaven and or hell.. i dont think even Dante could defeat him..however..Dantes weapons aaaare crafted in both heaven and hell, he too has a healing factor and a shit ton of weapons in his arsenal..Really its a question on what level are the both on? in Demon Spawn mode, i can see Dante either winning or coming close at full power..with his devil trigger, and crazy arsenal all formed in the holy and wicked worlds..as well as his bangle of time..but regardless this would be a crazy battle not won easily on either side..but i still say, even tho Dante is my favorite, i still say Spawn wins

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By War_Ruin

@maggotprince: While Dante has heavenly and hell weapons, he needs to match the physical stats of spawn too.
Oh and btw, Spawn has dealt with necromagic and holy weapons. He even won against them alone. He tears Dante's ribs, easily.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: You really need to read some Spawn. Heck, Spawn can actually stop time itself with no limit. Spawn can create a dimensional portals. Spawn can teleport, fly, lift heavenly and hell object. He has a barrage of gunfire in his arsenal. How the heck is Dante going to deal with all that at once?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_ruin: Why me? I made one comment on this thread saying Spawn's power level varies a lot between incarnations, some versions can beat Dante and some versions would lose. Are you saying that's incorrect?

MaggotPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_ruin: lol im aware, but Dante sure as hell wouldnt be curve stomped..Dante is an insane foe

MaggotPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MaggotPrince

@war_ruin: lol that is true though..it varies..Dante could kill certain spawns..i mean shit Dante alone has Pandoras Box which allows 666 varried forms of weapons..he himself slows time..has an insane arsenal from both above and below, and though Spawn has dealt with damage similar (Of coarse, its like his only weakness) and Dante himself is half demon half human/angel depending..so his strength wouldnt be an issue, his speed is the insane thing..hes fast as hell and the quick silver and time bangle just help..i still believe spawn would win, but Dante would not let him walk away without having some seriiiiiiious trama

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maggotprince: Actually, Spawn still stomps him. His time control doesn't have any limit where as Dante's time control does.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Dante would have a hard time against normal spawn who can create black holes, time control, has many fire arms.. Divine Spawn and Omega Spawn are actually living tribunal levels.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By 106me

@war_ruin: Prove that time control for Dante has a limit.

(To everyone else) Composite Spawn would probably stomp considering the feats he has in total.

I think the state he is in should be specified as to not create a flame war, but instead make a legitimate, well constructed battle.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante is a Deus Ex character. His only limitations are the person playing him. The only times I have seen a climactic scene where I was actually worried was in 1...or 3 depending on the order you played. 2 he was just some bad ass, and 4 he was just waiting around until the kid f*cked up to step him, so I literally have no idea how strong he is at this point. 5 years ago someone said he couldn't lift a tank, when he was strong enough to hold back a giant statue. People don't give him enough credit. He is as strong as he needs to be lol.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_ruin said:

@nickzambuto: Dante would have a hard time against normal spawn who can create black holes, time control, has many fire arms.. Divine Spawn and Omega Spawn are actually living tribunal levels.

Okay

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_ruin:

1) I haven't heard of "normal spawn" creating black holes.

2) Dante has time manipulation and many firearms, too.

I don't think you know anything about Dante at all.

3) Nope. Nuh-uh. No effing way is Omega Spawn a Living Tribunal level opponent. He's high skyfather level at best.

War_Ruin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By War_Ruin

@106me: You should see Spawn's fire arms. I was wrong about Omega Spawn. However, a skyfather should solo the DMC verse. Oh and how is dante going to someone who uses time manpulation without any limits at all?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante

loumast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

EzioRenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only Spawn Dante could defeat is KOH and Omega version, with help of MOM only he'd become omnipotent.

And Dante is capable of pulling magic far better than you know.

Avatar image for sirbaronobeefdip
SirBaronOBeefdip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SirBaronOBeefdip

Time for a good ol fashion american bump.

Spawn superamericastomps danet

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spawn

stcs420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what I'm talking about had anyone seen the Devil May Cry anime I would originally go with Spawn is a close good fight just based on the DMC games but after watching the Anime and with Dant e's Demon Mode I changed my mind I have to go with Dante..