Loading Video...

Sephiroth vs Cloud

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pope052: < Implying Dante doesn't have one of the most charismatic voices around.

Dante also has a cooler name. Sephiroth isn't even a name... It's a sound.

Its from the Seraph Origin the Highest seat of an Angel

Dante via speed blitz.

How will Dante Speed Blitz Sephiroth when its clear Sephiroth have speed advantage

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante via speed blitz.

How will Dante Speed Blitz Sephiroth when its clear Sephiroth have speed advantage

Dante has a light speed feat.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@detrolord said:

Dante via speed blitz.

Feats never seen it i remember playing dmc 1 4 yrs ago i might be forgetful please give me some feats

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto said:

@detrolord said:

Dante via speed blitz.

Feats never seen it i remember playing dmc 1 4 yrs ago i might be forgetful please give me some feats

It was from DMC2, not 1.

Loading Video...

Whatshisface fires a blast of light to kill whatsherface, Dante outraces the blast across the room and saves her.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Wut

@nickzambuto: Do you have proof that it was light and not a blast that merely gave off light?

EDIT: You can see it impact the wall and there is no light there. The light may have just been from his hand.

Detrolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto

Hmm was the a spd of light explosion/ the spd of light dark beam?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NeonGameWave

@wut said:

@neongamewave: Sephiroth was toying with Cloud in Advent Children... He never took the fight seriously, just watch the video, and it is fairly obvious. Cloud never stood a chance and was constantly being over-whelmed, Sephiroth stabbed him when he was done playing with him.

The thing about Sephiroth is he does not take anyone seriously (Never needed to, he is just that strong) and tends to play with them never going all out. If he had gone all out, Cloud would have died when Sephiroth stabbed him. Cloud didn't 'beat' Sephiroth so much as catch him by surprise which Dante could do as well.

I watched the entire movie.... I know Sephiroth was toying with Cloud but how does that exactly save Sephiroth from the fact that Cloud isn`t even 10% of basic level Dante?

I agree that Sephiroth is fairly powerful but most if not all of that power rests within his magic. Dante is highly and I mean HIGHLY resistant to the most powerful as well as pure magic ever and even since his more youthful years, its never truly hindered him. Dante`s weapons unlike Cloud`s operate on a dimensional/soul level, his weapons can harm Mundus who is more powerful than Sephiroth and that`s not bringing into his account his hax.

@thelocust619 said:

@neongamewave: @wut:

Using ABC logic with Cloud doesn't really work...he struggles with Rude and Reno, then beats Diamond Weapon lol it was made pretty clear the entire game that Cloud is significantly weaker than Sephiroth, but he of all his crew was able to best him because he was connected to him. Sephiroth wouldn't treat Dante like Cloud, so that means no handicap, but also no mind control. Which is nice...

That said, Mundus was powerful, but he lacked the raw versatility that Sephiroth has, and concrete proof he was ascending to a planetary level. Now Dante and Sephiroth have a counter for basically everything the other can do with a few exceptions... Dante's Royal Guard is better than any defensive spell Sephiroth has, Sparda>Masamune, Sephiroth's regen is constant (when cast) and Sephiroth has 2 different ways to cast the spell Death. Or three, idr. IMO, no Dante but DMC 4 Dante even stands a chance, but at max power...honestly between magic, Jenova powers, Kingdom Hearts abilities, and absorbing the lifestream, Sephiroth outclasses Dante in versatility, which is his greatest strength. Not saying being able to stab hundreds of times in a direction isn't effective, but endlessly spamming a nova counter every couple seconds, casting lasting magic that stays in effect while attacking physically....its no contest. Sephiroth would lay it down harder than any boss Dante's ever faced. It's not a stomp, but I'd give Sephiroth 8/10

Mind control doesn`t affect Dante and Sephiroth being a magical character isn`t saving him..... You haven`t actually debunked the facts especially since your overlooking the fact that Cloud is a flee comapred to Dante so to make that comparison or connection isn`t really a valid voice of opinion neither is it fact, your actually and indirectly fashioning Sephiroth as a weak character since all he has ever fought or beaten is basic superhuman level characters which in DMC 3 was already made the norm right up until DMC 2 where things started to become universal and dimensional.... Not that it really matters because the concepts of universe and dimension was already present in the canon DMC 3 manga which takes place one year before DMC 3.

You clearly don`t know how powerful Mundus was....... Mundus worked on a dimensional level and I already went over everything listed here..... The fact that Mundus rules over a multifaceted realm which is the Underworld speaks volumes about his authoritative power. Magic is the last thing you want to use on Dante, his much weaker and less developed Devil Triggers absorb magic also Dante actually has the raw power advantage in magic, his weapons break spells and reality warping laws. Also what would Nova exactly do? Especially since supernova his most powerful technique as believed by many is an illusion and Dante always sees through illusions.... Ordinary meteors won`t do a thing when Dante can summon dragons in his Sparda DT form which breaks through large rocks, Mundus`s reality waring in one-shot and his defenses also he can spam his own forms of meteorites when in this form. Another thing is that the Sparda form isn`t even half of his Majin Form which is invulnerable to all damage and how is Sephiroth going to counter Yamato? Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts was driven away by Sora TWICE also Sora isn`t as powerful or as experienced as Dante is and I`m a HUGE Sora fan.... Dante is also faster than Sephiroth so, I don`t where are you gettting the idea that they match each other in every kind of way when Sephiroth`s only true advantage is his versatility in magic which wouldn`t matter anyway because magic never proved to be a kryptonite for Dante to begin with.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: Like what? The only thing I have seen for basic Dante that someone tried to use to say he stomped Sephiroth was them claiming he could move FTL because he dodged a energy attack. I pointed out that when the blast struck the wall, there was no light indicating that it came from his hand and not the blast itself.

Can you tell me why? Instead of just saying 10% and expecting me to believe such?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By DeathHero61
No Caption Provided

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. I'd argue that sora would take down dante. And sephiroth in the kingdom hearts universe was holding back against sora and his partners donald and goofy.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante with his true form can give Seph a run for his money. Tbh Seph has the slight edge unless Dante goes all out and is very serious during the fight, then it would be pretty even.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sephiroth takes this. He cuts building like they are nothing. And he doesn't even have to hit them to cut them apart. Like in the fight with Angeal and genesis he cuts the junon cannon with out actually cutting it. He cuts it with the air I guess it would be.

He could also speed himself up and stop Dante. And if he has all of the materia except the black materia then he could use summons.

And as for people saying about sora battling sephiroth and sending him packing is just wrong. In kh2 sora fights him and after the fight sephiroth just laughs and brushes it off, and mentions that only cloud can defeat him.

Sephiroth can also bring up barriers and heal himself constantly with regen.

Archanfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favourite characters are against each other. I'll just watch this fight from the sidelines.

Archanfel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright I have to intervene, Sephiroth is not hurting Dante in his Majin Form regardless of magic.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NeonGameWave

@wut

I will, the only problem is that I have gone over this many, many, many times. The thing is Dante actually has three light-speed reaction feats. One in DMC 1, one in DMC 2 (as you saw) and one in the canon novel (if I`m not mistaken). Also it actually was light energy, Arius uses elemental stemmed sources that are steeped in magical laws and it directly omitted a flare like flash, I honestly don`t see why it wouldnt, can`t and shouldn`t be a light attack other then small complaints that are not compatible with the argument such as it didn`t originate from his hand when it actually did as we see it impact the wall after Dante saves Lucia or just the very minute things that deal with the idea of it being a video game versus a comic book and we both know that if this was taking place within the confined community of a comic book setting that it would be more approved.

Dante even with light-speed aside, would still be faster than Sephiroth and more agile also adding to this fact is that he can teleport or disappear from plain sight against enemies who operate on a dimensional level. Dante is much more versatile actually when it comes to weaponry and loadout the only versatility that Sephiroth has over the underrated devil hunter is magic, which Dante is HEAVILY resistant to, in fact its consistently shown throughout all of the games, his Devil Trigger absorbs and runs off of magic as well. Sephiroth being a 95% magic based character of every kind of artful field won`t stand a chance against someone who is resistant to magic on such a strong level that he can repel it in his human form and dish it out in that same basic form that is able to harm enemies who would be comparable to Sephiroth by calculation. Sephiroth is not harming Dante in his Majin or Dreadnaught forms and his standard Devil Trigger forms are already arguable since Dante is sporting a much more advanced, and I mean advanced healing factor which means Sephiroth`s efforts may not even mean much since he`s all about blunt force most of the time or direct offense...

Now how does Sephiroth win this again?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: The attack shown was not light speed in any way. Unless someone can prove it was, I am not going to believe it was otherwise every energy blast is FTL which we both know is not the case. As I explained earlier, the light came from his hand, but it did not continue on. If you watch when he pulls her down, there is is an invisible thing that impacts the wall (The energy). It was not giving off the light nor was it made of light. I do not care if it was in a comic you think it would be more accepted. I know what I saw, and it was not FTL. If it was in a comic, I would still call BS on it. If it was in a novel, I would still call BS on it. If it was on a train, I would still call BS on it.

If it was a beam of light, like a laser, you would see the light as it hits the wall. You don't see any light from the attack itself, only form his hand which does not continue.

I would have to see both these other sources as the one in DM2 is certainly not FTL.

I never said Dante or Sephiroth wins this. All I have done is point out that saying Dante > Cloud thus Dante > Sephiroth is a flawed logical process. I then pointed out the BS that was the guy earlier trying to claim that attack was FTL.

He never moves FTL in DM2 then suddenly you want me to believe he did out of nowhere? Yea, sorry, that isn't going to fly especially when the energy bolt he fired did not give off light nor was made of light which means we cannot use it to guess it was FTL.

In Summary: I never said Sephiroth or Dante would win. All I have done is point out logical fallacy when they appeared.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut

I believe it was light speed and I can elaborate why but I don`t see the point, I`ve been through this step by step procedure before...

Also there are lasers in the Devil May Cry universe and Mundus emitted one in the first DMC which Dante reacted to, this was replicated in the novel I believe.

The reason why I factored in Cloud the way I did, is due to the many comparisons between his situation dealing with Sephiroth versus Dante`s situation dealing with Sephiroth and I already pointed out the fact that Cloud being compared to Dante is pointless, there`s just no comparison to be made and it has nothing to do with Dante vs Sephiroth.

Fair enough, but nothing was really debunked.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: There is no way the bolt in DM2 could possibly be FTL. The 'light' was only around his hand and did not extend with the bolt itself proven by the blast hitting the wall. Unless your argument is 'it moved so fast that the human eye, which needs light to see, could not see it'. Which... is going to require serious evidence to support.

In the novel, did he dodge it by looking at Mundus and then reacting? Or did he react to the laser, itself? One is aim-dodging which is still incredibly impressive while the other is FTL reaction speed.

Ah, I see. You mean Cloud only beats Sephiroth through plot fiat which is the only way Sephiroth could beat Dante?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree although I decided to move onto a different and more decisive argument.

Now in terms of the novel, I believe Dante was directly dodging Mundus` light beams within DMC 1, he was looking at Trish and then turned his head the moment Mundus fired it in which he deflected it. It wasn`t aim-dodging and Dante has even been entering reentry levels during the courses of DMC 3 when he was only 18 years old.

Your missing the point. My point was that Cloud shouldn`t even be compared to Dante in his scenario against the opposition of the argument, who is of course Dante. And how is this all plot inspired when I entailed detailed feats for Dante while none have been made for Sephiroth to the same valued extent?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: Did he dodge anymore? Or was that the only one? Still FTL reaction speed is incredibly impressive if he has it.

Reentry levels? What makes you think that?

Wait... so you weren't the one who brought Cloud into this thread?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By NeonGameWave

@wut

In DMC 3, he faced off against the Damned Rook who fire lasers from all angles which he can dodge in gameplay but based on the lore it is confirmed he can dodge their lasers and he has multiple encounters with them throughout the game. I agree, and he pretty much does have FTL reaction, I`m certain of it also that`s in no way factoring in his DT transformations which increase his stats by a great multiple.

Because during DMC 3 he threw his sword Rebellion with so much force that the blade caught on fire from the intense friction and Dante still was able to catch up to it, and have it grasped once again, while also the actual atmosphere of the blade did not bother him at all which is a testament to his ever growing impressive speed since when he was only eighteen at that point.

I didn`t bring Cloud into this thread at all, most of those who support Sephiroth have however, which convinced me to argue about his position versus Dante.

Avatar image for regnierofhexter
RegnierOfHexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is basically Dante vs Vergil reduex

Dante wins by just being better than seph

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: Ah, I see. He can handle the heat of reentry. I thought he did reentry which would imply he also survived the impact with the ground. Still, impressive that he was able to catch up to the sword which puts him at roughly Mach 25ish which is no where near FTL speed. I get Mach 25 is that is about how fast a spaceshuttle is on reentry. Of course, the fire could be caused by a lower temperature.

I would be more inclined to believe he has FTL reaction speeds rather then FTL speed. FTL speed means he can outrun light which is... rather ridiculous. FTL reaction speeds means he can see light coming at him and is just fast enough to get out of the way. For instance: You can dodge a dodgeball despite said ball coming at you faster then you are moving.

I apologize for the Cloud bit then. For some reason, I thought you were the one who brought him into this debate.

XKStone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dante

EzioRenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante wins, not a stomp though

never forget his hax abilities

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

Safer Sephiroth...gg.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand there is a large Sephiroth fanbase, but putting that aside how does he deal with Dante's controlling time?

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante easily kills Sephiroth, especially with Devil Trigger

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still going with Sephiroth.

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By theendgame

Sephiroth summons his ultimate attack destroys the solar system and remains without equal.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: My man Dante takes This. Tôo much awsomeness and tôo much versatility.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sephiroth.

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante

drunkenpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Sephiroth is a easy planet buster and star buster. Official cutscene is official!

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Sephiroth is a easy planet buster and star buster. Official cutscene is official!

That's a nice feat you've got there...It would be a massive shame if..Dante said that..it was...Non Canon.

Dante after a good fight.

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatehero0406:

"Physical attack" well its a good thing Seph can't use magic....oh wait...

OwlsOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante easily

KodaChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante !!!

hizack123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sephiroth

Majorknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as Seph not taking things seriously, he still looses at times which doesn't help his case much.

But then there's Dante who's arguably more carefree than Seph, goofs around and also doesn't take things seriously, is cocky but still rarely looses a battle.

Dante wins this

& as for Seph cutting through skyscrapers without touching them , Dante also has a decent blade called Yamato which would put that feat to shame

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sephiroth blitzes

DemonGod_PABLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By DemonGod_PABLO

Sephiroth stomps

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Call me when dante flies from neptune to earth in seconds

Avatar image for johanliebert123
JohanLiebert123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supernova GG

Avatar image for deactivated-61364388226ff
deactivated-61364388226ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which version of Dante? Current DMC or including SMT Dante?