Raiden has his HF Blade

Fight is in Central Park

Battle to K.O. or death

#2 Posted by Miki1111 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante.

#3 Posted by New_World_Order (11133 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante.

#4 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante, though the promotional artwork of them fighting would look sick.

#5 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

How would Dante fair against Metal Gear Rising Raiden?

#6 Posted by comicace3 (1853 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante. His moves are crazy and his combo won't stop unless you hit him.

#7 Posted by joewell (6240 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aronmorales:

#8 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Raiden hes superior on all aspects unless Dante uses DT the slow down time.

#9 Posted by joeagentofhand1 (4123 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Dante winning

#10 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

@Aronmorales: @joewell: Thanks. I forgot about that.

#11 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@Aronmorales:

Thank you!

#12 Posted by NeonGameWave (7204 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante with ease.

#13 Posted by JinSlayerX (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante.

#14 Posted by e3zombie (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante stomp.

#15 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2445 posts) - - Show Bio

@UltimateHero0406:

Gotta say...that is a cool picture.

#16 Posted by UltimateHero0406 (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#17 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante easily. He can heal almost instantly. Raiden can't

#18 Posted by SpideyFan113 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Seeing how Revengeance barely came out the 19th and this post was made before that, I can honestly say Raiden would own Dante in ways noone can imagine after playing. Once that dude took out a Metal Gear the way he did on the first level BEFORE his upgrades, I was like "Aah sheet, if someone makes a Dante vs Raiden thread, Dante is screwed." Lol

#19 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2445 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyFan113:

I know what you mean.

#20 Posted by nickzambuto (11423 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden vs classic Dante would be a better match. Revengeance Raiden stomps this one.

#21 Posted by randomcharachter (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante with a good match but putting classic will be a crupstomp

#22 Posted by Laurcus (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden murders "Dante". Why? I have this amazing logical argument for why Raiden wins... F the reboot, and F Ninja Theory. Yes, I am a bitter classic Dante fanboy and will not listen to reason on this subject. As far as I'm concerned, Aunt May can beat this version of Dante.

#23 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

Raiden murders "Dante". Why? I have this amazing logical argument for why Raiden wins... F the reboot, and F Ninja Theory. Yes, I am a bitter classic Dante fanboy and will not listen to reason on this subject. As far as I'm concerned, Aunt May can beat this version of Dante.

You could just say that Raiden has better feats than this version of "Dante"

Besides the reboot flopped in sales, meaning a sequel will never happen.

#24 Posted by Shikarenji (1688 posts) - - Show Bio

original dante owns , not sure about new dante

#25 Edited by SlimJ87D (8906 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shikarenji said:

New Dante would win too. They are about equal physically in speed but new Dante has a healing factor. Raiden does not, he can only heal if he fights other cyborgs and rips their spine out.

Strength doesn't really matter, this is about speed as Sam was hardly enhanced and gave Raiden enoug trouble. Dante is like Sam with a devil trigger and healing factor while Raiden again has NO healing factor whatsoever.

Throw in new Dante's devil trigger as well. I played through both games. I'm going with Dante due to healing factor and Devil Trigger amping that healing factor further.

#26 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus said:

#27 Posted by DarkDay (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@Shikarenji said:

New Dante would win too. They are about equal physically in speed but new Dante has a healing factor. Raiden does not, he can only heal if he fights other cyborgs and rips their spine out.

Strength doesn't really matter, this is about speed as Sam was hardly enhanced and gave Raiden enoug trouble. Dante is like Sam with a devil trigger and healing factor while Raiden again has NO healing factor whatsoever.

Throw in new Dante's devil trigger as well. I played through both games. I'm going with Dante due to healing factor and Devil Trigger amping that healing factor further.

Not sure about that. New Dante is okay, but he can't shrug off the damage the way his alternate self could, yes he does have a healing factor, but I'd say that I don't think he's as durable to begin with and doesn't really have the same speed either. So yeah I think he could win, but I'm not sure that he doesn't get cut to pieces before he has a chance to heal or that he's fast enough to keep up with Raiden.

#28 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

Raiden even before his upgrade, was fast enough to catch a train, jump from missiles. Dante has no speed feats that put him in the same ballpark as Raiden, bar the the unexplained time stop.

Sam hardly enhanced? Is this joke? Even without mentioning the DLC that has Sam Fighting Metal Gears, Sam was slicing bullets from a tank rife with ease, and was slicing cyborgs like nothing. Not mention that Sam ends up

Also having a healing factor, didn't stop raiden from ripping Sentor Armstrong's heart out.

#29 Posted by Skit (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden wins against DmC Dante,but would lose against old Dante.

#30 Edited by SlimJ87D (8906 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay: He got tackled and thrown out of a building by Mundus that was 100s of stories and just got up like nothing. That's damage soaking right there.

@Death Certificate said:

@SlimJ87D said:

Raiden even before his upgrade, was fast enough to catch a train, jump from missiles. Dante has no speed feats that put him in the same ballpark as Raiden, bar the the unexplained time stop.

Sam hardly enhanced? Is this joke? Even without mentioning the DLC that has Sam Fighting Metal Gears, Sam was slicing bullets from a tank rife with ease, and was slicing cyborgs like nothing. Not mention that Sam ends up

Also having a healing factor, didn't stop raiden from ripping Sentor Armstrong's heart out.

I have to go to a meeting, but his DT slows everything down. Again he has DT. And I can recall some speed feats like him putting all his clothes on when his trailer park was thrown and eating a slice of pizza.

MGR is more fresh, people are starting ot forget Dante's abilities but he had a lot. In addition to the healing factor he has DT.

Compare him with Sam, Sam didn't have too many speed feats either. He was hardly enhanced.

The last boss didn't have a healing factor. He got hardened upon touch instantly.

#31 Posted by SlimJ87D (8906 posts) - - Show Bio

Riaden losses for 2 reasons:

1. He does not have a healing factor, the only way he could heal is by collecting the healing abilities from cyborgs.

2. He also has to collect Zandatsu from his enemies to be able to perform a lot of his lightning fast moves.

He'll do good against Dante in the beginning. he has the strength advantage as well, but Dante is quite durable capable of being slammed 100s of stories with a flying Mundus. Strength clearly doesn't matter in this game though, it's about speed since they are using bladed weapons that are sharp enough to cut each other. Evidence as Sam was discovered to hardly have any enhancements at all.

Dante's advantages are:

1. He has a healing factor.

2. As he fights he gets stronger being capable of gaining his Devil trigger ability. This is a big advantage as Raiden using Zandatsu will deplete while Dante can use his DT and regains the ability to DT again.

In comparison, you have two master swordsman that are fast, agile and strong. Yet you have one that doesn't heal since his synthetic body relies on collecting healing abilities from other cyborgs since Doktor didn't supply him with healing abilities compared to Dante who is a demon that can heal from wounds like being impaled. You have Raiden, a cyborg whose energy depletes as he uses his strongest ability, Zandatsu against Dante's DT which only depleted when he uses it but energizes as he fights in battle.

It's clear that they are around the same range as each other as it's shown that Sam wasn't as synthetic as Raiden but just had a muscle suit over his body and Dante defeated his brother who easily deflected bullets with Yamato while it was sheathed.

It is Dante's abilities to heal and energize his DT that triumphs over Raiden's cyborg body that depletes.

#32 Posted by DarkDay (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: That's blunt force resistance actually, and not the kind I mean when I was questioning his durability. New Dante has been cut and damaged in ways that old Dante wouldn't even bat an eyelash at (old Dante walked around sitting in hellfire, impaled mostly through the heart, and gun shot in the head while making jokes), this Dante would more than likely heal from those things but his previous incarnation would barely notice them so I'm saying that he's less durable in my opinion to that version. Is he more durable than Raiden...can't say honestly. Because while Raiden doesn't have a healing factor we know for a fact that even before his upgrade he was capable of taking a lot of physical punishment, something that was proved not only in MGR but MGS4 before it.

As for the collect Zandatsu thing, that's a game mechanic and not something I'm sure gets argued in the Battle Forums. The same goes for Dante's DT build up.

My argument comes down to that I think Raiden is just too fast for this Dante. Yes Dante does have a healing factor but we have not idea of its strength. Can it replace limbs? Because dismemberment is sort of Raiden's thing these days. Dante does have DT and if he gets to DT it could be his fight to win. But I'm not sure he gets the chance.

#33 Posted by SlimJ87D (8906 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkDay: Why do we need to keep comparing old and new dante? They aren't the same we all know that and old Dante stomps them both.

From what I can recall, both Dante and Raiden are resistant to major blunt force trauma and being stabbed. But again, ripper mode and zandatsu are things that are countered by devil trigger easily. Ripper mode uses electrolyte energy and therefore when Raiden is out he's out while Dante building up his DT even the slightest bit during combat triumphs. Dante isn't slow at all, he was able to fully clothe himself when his trailer was thrown at him. On top of that his DT actually slows down time or puts him in a different time zone very similarly to quicksilver.

It's a "game mechanic" as much as it is part of the story itself. It is clearly explained over a codec conversation from Doktor that that's the way he designed Raiden's abilities. To fully utilize all his abilities Doktor made it so his sword can collect electrolytes form his enemies so that his fuel cells can release the maximum amount of energy to his sword to cut the best that he can cut, but to utilize Zandatsu he would have to fill up with electrolytes. To focus on speed and strength enhancements Doktor had to forget about adding any healing abilities to his synthetic body but gave him the ability to temporarily absorb other cyborgs healing abilities to heal instantly and rapidly but he had to collect these parts to heal as his synthetic parts cannot heal on their own. This is part of the story.

How fast is Raiden again without Zandatsu, he sure can't perform 100 sword strikes in 1 second. I don't think he's ever actually performed anywhere near his speed of Zandatsu where I was able to obtain 200 sword strikes on an enemy in a actual cutscene. Anytime I slashed up one of those birds or an enemy when it got to the cutscene it just showed Raiden actually cutting it once or in half unless if it was continued through gameplay mechanics. We know he can easily deflect bullets and projectiles something that Vergil was able to perform easily as well whom Dante defeated.

Make this purely physical and h2h, ignore their transformation abilities and I'd probably give it to Raiden with much thought. But in this case, Raiden doesn't have the endurance or stamina to match Dante's demonic nature that makes him stronger as he battles.

#34 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden wins.

#35 Posted by DarkDay (492 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@DarkDay: Why do we need to keep comparing old and new dante? They aren't the same we all know that and old Dante stomps them both.

From what I can recall, both Dante and Raiden are resistant to major blunt force trauma and being stabbed. But again, ripper mode and zandatsu are things that are countered by devil trigger easily. Ripper mode uses electrolyte energy and therefore when Raiden is out he's out while Dante building up his DT even the slightest bit during combat triumphs. Dante isn't slow at all, he was able to fully clothe himself when his trailer was thrown at him. On top of that his DT actually slows down time or puts him in a different time zone very similarly to quicksilver.

It's a "game mechanic" as much as it is part of the story itself. It is clearly explained over a codec conversation from Doktor that that's the way he designed Raiden's abilities. To fully utilize all his abilities Doktor made it so his sword can collect electrolytes form his enemies so that his fuel cells can release the maximum amount of energy to his sword to cut the best that he can cut, but to utilize Zandatsu he would have to fill up with electrolytes. To focus on speed and strength enhancements Doktor had to forget about adding any healing abilities to his synthetic body but gave him the ability to temporarily absorb other cyborgs healing abilities to heal instantly and rapidly but he had to collect these parts to heal as his synthetic parts cannot heal on their own. This is part of the story.

How fast is Raiden again without Zandatsu, he sure can't perform 100 sword strikes in 1 second. I don't think he's ever actually performed anywhere near his speed of Zandatsu where I was able to obtain 200 sword strikes on an enemy in a actual cutscene. Anytime I slashed up one of those birds or an enemy when it got to the cutscene it just showed Raiden actually cutting it once or in half unless if it was continued through gameplay mechanics. We know he can easily deflect bullets and projectiles something that Vergil was able to perform easily as well whom Dante defeated.

Make this purely physical and h2h, ignore their transformation abilities and I'd probably give it to Raiden with much thought. But in this case, Raiden doesn't have the endurance or stamina to match Dante's demonic nature that makes him stronger as he battles.

Well I was using old Dante as a point of comparison mostly, but whatever. You're right about the blunt force trauma and the stabbing, but I counter that zandatsu is really just a non-factor here. Dante isn't a cyborg and thus zandatsu isn't going to work, nor would Raiden try it. Also let me point out that Zandatsu is the tearing open of foes and snatching things. Blade Mode and Zandatsu are different. And you have a point about all of Raiden's grander abilities drawing on his fuel cells which he wouldn't have a way to refuel here, however my argument isn't nor has it ever been that in a long drawn out fight Raiden is going to beat Dante. No, my argument remains exactly the same, that Raiden has shown superior speed to anything Dante really has and that Dante while having a healing factor, doesn't have a response to being dismembered by a foe I feel moves and reacts faster than he does.

As for how fast is Raiden, we see in the fights against Sam. Both he and Sam have the physical and reactionary speed and agility to jump off of a moving train against the walls and then back to the train within seconds. We see Raiden literally running up missiles and blocking automatic gunfire. Yes Vergil blocked gunfire as well, but Vergil was faster than Dante. Dante defeated Vergil this is true, but he didn't do it by being faster than him and Vergil is outclassed physically in most other regards by Raiden. I'm not trying to A-B-C logic this but we can't say that Dante can keep up with Raiden because he kept up with Vergil because honestly Dante didn't keep up with Vergil.

And again I agree with you, DT could maybe win Dante this battle, but Dante has to decide to DT. Unless Raiden is messing around, Dante shouldn't get the chance to do so unless he just decides to start the battle that way which is something he hasn't readily been shown to do.

#36 Posted by SpideyFan113 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Raiden wins with both. All of you mention Dante's healing factor but Raiden is NOT just going to stab him he's going to slice him into 1000 pieces and rip his heart out. He is the king of overkill. I know Dante has survived stabs but let's just see him heal that! LOL

#37 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
@UltimateHero0406:

#38 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@UltimateHero0406:

LOLOL

#39 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@saiyan_earthling:

that is why kids need to be taught their manners and etiquette

#40 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

#41 Posted by nickzambuto (11423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@nickzambuto:

Hehe.

Overall, I haven't seen any evidence presented in this thread that new Dante could even beat white suit Raiden, let alone Revengeance. Dante can't perceive missiles traveling at mach speeds and hopscotch across them, nor can he sprint down the side of a tower and outrun a speeding train. Strength isn't even arguable, nor is durability. I think they both have the propensity to oneshot the other with their weapons, so this will come down to skill, which of course Raiden stomps in. That's ignoring stats. Dante is not healing from having his head chopped off, tanking a hundred foot fall isn't impressive, Raiden did that while human.

#42 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: didn't he beat 20 metal gear rays in hard mode during mgs2?

#43 Posted by nickzambuto (11423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@nickzambuto: didn't he beat 20 metal gear rays in hard mode during mgs2?

22. There were 25 in total and Solidus got the last three. That's pretty goddamn amazing for a human.

#44 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: mother f*cking shiieeet

#45 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto:

#46 Posted by nickzambuto (11423 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

@nickzambuto:

The fact that he dodged hundreds of bullets from two dozen high powered chain guns whilst backflipping away from homing missiles and water cannons WHILE lugging around a big ass Stinger Launcher goes to show how skilled Raiden was.

#47 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto: a prettyboy and a badass, truly a rare find