Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Matezoide2
@scorpion2501 said:
" why dante wins ? or why raiden wins ? sombody "
sure

Dante is far stronger,far more durable,far faster,has an incridible healing factor,is a bullet timer and can cut Raiden in two easly
NickA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By NickA

Raiden wins 
Raiden can fly, teleport, control every aspect of lighting and thunder, and has elite martial arts skills 
Raiden could teleport him to the Netherrealm
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Matezoide2
NickA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NickA
@Matezoide:
Raiden is the better fighter, can fly which is advantage, Raiden moves as fast as lighting 
And will simply BFR Dante to the Netherrealm where he will have to deal with Shinnok
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matezoide2
@NickA:
prove Raiden is a better fighter
flight is not an advantage when he barely uses it,can be attacked from a distance and there are plenty things Dante can use to reach him
false
ho yeah,like he did to Taven,Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Onaga....ho wait

Dante got time manipulation,Raiden cant beat that
NickA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NickA
@Matezoide: 

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FinalStar86

Dante with his eyes closed
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Matezoide2
@NickA: 

Raiden's best attack = destroys a temple

Can Raiden do this?  
what prevents him from getting speedblitzed? 

NickA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NickA
@Matezoide:
Raiden destroyed a palace and all the surrounding area
NickA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NickA
@Matezoide:
and on top of that he is almost a mortal in Outworld
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Matezoide2
@NickA said:

" @Matezoide: Raiden destroyed a palace and all the surrounding area "

not impressive,he took time to do this and it is likely he wont use such attack anyway

devilmarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By devilmarine

Raiden wins. 
Dante isn't immortal, Raiden is. And Dante doesn't have the ability to make an immortal, mortal.
Plus, Raiden is a martial arts, and Dante isn't. I don't even know if martial arts exist in DMC.
Raiden also can teleport, fly, ect. And there's no evidence if Dante is stronger, ect. Not to mention, Raiden can regenerate from nothing but a soul
Also, Quicksilver has only worked on objects. Raiden is a begin, not an object.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Matezoide2
@devilmarine said:

Dante isn't immortal, Raiden is

Deadpool is immortal and loses all the time

@devilmarine

said:

And Dante doesn't have the ability to make an immortal, mortal.

irrelevant

@devilmarine

said:

Plus, Raiden is a martial arts, and Dante isn't. I don't even know if martial arts exist in DMC

again,irrelevant,you dont need to be a martial artist to be a skilled fighter and Dante is a genius in the use of weapons,seen how he learns to use then in seconds and his aim is perfect
 this video alone proves Dante is more skilled than Raiden

@devilmarine

said:

Raiden also can teleport, fly, ect. And there's no evidence if Dante is stronger, ect

Vergil could teleported and Dante  defeated him
how there is no evidence for Dante being stronger? Dante cuts through Demons 50 times bigger than he is,what feats does Raiden haves to make him stronger than Dante?

how about a little speed feat?

and Dante can cut bullets,can Raiden do that?

@devilmarine

said:

Raiden can regenerate from nothing but a soul

it didnt help when Taven KO`ed him
Raiden can still feel pain and his damage doesnt heal instantly,Dante heals instantly and has fought while having a scythe through his chest,again,Raiden never showed he could do that

@devilmarine

said:

Also, Quicksilver has only worked on objects. Raiden is a begin, not an object. "

seriously,have you plaiyed Devil May Cry 3? it works on enemies and i already proved that
edit: i saw your argument about Quicksilver in another thread,saying it doesnt work on a person is like saying Dante only haves 2 guns and a sword
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Matezoide2

ho yeah,if i sound rude at some point,i appologize

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FinalStar86

Are people actually debating this? Dante would stomp Raiden into the ground

devilmarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By devilmarine
@Matezoide:  

"The scientists at Weapon X injected him with a specially engineered serum derived from Wolverine. The serum was calibrated to not only provide him with Wolverine's healing factor but to also account for the presence of the cancer cells in his body."

Having an accelerated healing factor and being immortal are two different things. Wolverine isn't immortal either, just hard to kill. 

Yes, it's irrelevant because he doesn't have that ability.

Exactly, which is Raiden will win. Dante is only skilled, Raiden is a skilled martial arts. Kimbo Slice is a skilled brawler, but was pawned by one of the worst martial artish in the UFC. Raiden has also mastered 750 documented varieties of Jujutsu. That, alone, is more skills.

Vergil could teleport short distances, which only was in gameplay.

That's not proof. That isn't saying Raiden isn't stronger as Dante. It's only saying Dante is indeed strong. And do you remember the mini games in the old MK? Raiden chopped through stone and other gems with his bare-hands. How about a speed feature for Dante in a cutscene?

Cutting through bullets isn't nothing. A common human can put one in their mouth and dent the lead of it.

Taven has the ability to stop time, not to mention that fight was in Outworld, where he's weakened. There also isn't proof on how fast Raiden can heal. 

Yes. You posted a gameplay video, which isn't even canon to the storyline.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Matezoide2
@devilmarine said:
" @Matezoide:  

"The scientists at Weapon X injected him with a specially engineered serum derived from Wolverine. The serum was calibrated to not only provide him with Wolverine's healing factor but to also account for the presence of the cancer cells in his body."

Having an accelerated healing factor and being immortal are two different things. Wolverine isn't immortal either, just hard to kill. 
Deadpool is cursed with life,he cant be killed
@devilmarine said:
Yes, it's irrelevant because he doesn't have that ability.

it is irrelevant because he has beaten people that had it and Raiden doesnt employs it everytime

@devilmarine said:
Exactly, which is Raiden will win. Dante is only skilled, Raiden is a skilled martial arts. Kimbo Slice is a skilled brawler, but was pawned by one of the worst martial artish in the UFC. Raiden has also mastered 750 documented varieties of Jujutsu. That, alone, is more skills.

he is extremely skilled in the use of weapons,period

@devilmarine said:
Vergil could teleport short distances, which only was in gameplay.

evidence? just because he didnt use it (like he had any reason to),it doesnt mean he cant

@devilmarine said:
That's not proof. That isn't saying Raiden isn't stronger as Dante. It's only saying Dante is indeed strong. And do you remember the mini games in the old MK? Raiden chopped through stone and other gems with his bare-hands. How about a speed feature for Dante in a cutscene?
the chance of a mini-game being non-cannon are higher than gameplay not being and thats the only strength feat Raiden actualy haves
@devilmarine said:
Cutting through bullets isn't nothing. A common human can put one in their mouth and dent the lead of it.

it is a trick

@devilmarine said:

Taven has the ability to stop time, not to mention that fight was in Outworld, where he's weakened. There also isn't proof on how fast Raiden can heal. 

Yes. You posted a gameplay video, which isn't even canon to the storyline.

when Taven stopped time? i seriously cant remember that
he isnt that weaker there and Taven is a lot less impressive than Dante

thats like saying Dante only uses one weapon and cant use doppleanger,with is false
devilmarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By devilmarine
@Matezoide: 
Well, if you count what Thanos did, yeah you could say that.

Really? Who has Dante beaten that was immortal?

Yes, he is. But so is Raiden.

Exactly, even if Vergil can teleport, he still didn't use it in their fight.

Not really. Non-canon by not being connected to the storyline, but canon by that's Raiden's strength. Yet, there still is no proof on how stronge Raiden is.

No. I actually can. I've done it before. Lead isn't hard as you think. Even wood can bend lead. 

It's part of the storyline. Whenever Taven gained a new ability, a cutscene was trigger, explaining it. This has been explained over and over in MK. It's like how the Netherealm drains the power of beings so much, that they had to build a city to protect themselves. Even when Shinnok is away from his throne, he loses so much power that he barely can defend himself against even the low-level characters.

When Earth was merged with Outworld, Raiden wouldn't even existed unless he took the form a mortal. 
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By Nerx

Dante can stop time, can Raiden counter that?

Terran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Terran

@Nerx:

At the end of MK:A Raiden could destroy realm's! 

can Dante counter that?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#26  Edited By Nerx
@Terran : By what method? this I need to know

and even if one can create a mushroom cloud if he/she cannot use it then it would be useless
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By Primmaster64

hmmm

Terran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Terran
@Nerx:  

But.. if moral are on then I don't think he would destroy earth

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Sparda

I have never seen Raiden do anything remotely close to what Dante has done, physically. Even if he can move as fast as he's said to be able to (fast as lightning), Dante has actually dodged lightning at point blank range before (in a cutscene). He's also beaten the living hell out of individuals said to be immortal (Beowulf, for example, who waited 2000 years inside of Temen-Ni-Gru before Dante showed up, waiting for revenge). He can stop time (it's the same ability as what the Geryon had, as he demonstrated in a cutscene, that slows everything down-when Geryon used it, Dante was slowed down as well. It works on living creatures), he's strong enough to block blows and support the full weight of the Saviour statue (which was hundreds of feet tall and just given it's size would logically weigh dozens of tons), he's been shot in the head at point blank range, slashed, and impaled fully (often multiple times, or with a sword big enough to leave a three foot hole in his chest) and shrugged off each. He's literally caught bullets with his teeth.

Going off of his regular appearance power, I doubt Raiden could take him. Maybe at max (if he really can blow up a whole realm.....though wouldn't that constitute killing himself?). The most devastating attack that I've seen people talk about Raiden do was blow up a temple, and that made him die. If that's the top of his abilities, then it's kind of a moot point if he dies too. Just because somebody's immortal doesn't mean they can't lose a fight. Deadpool's immortal and he gets his ass kicked lots. Wll he die? Eh, maybe, but if Raiden's gotten killed unleashing his full attack then it's not true immortality either. I'm just going on tangents now so I'm gonna end this post.

Also, coulda sworn that this fight has been done before.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By Sparda
@Terran :  According to MK Wiki, Taven's ending is the only one that's canon from MKA, so I don't think that's valid.

I'm not a big expert on MK though, so I could be wrong.
Terran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Terran
@Sparda: 

Well.. I don't know what could be canon at the end of MKA the only way to find out sure is to wait for the next game to come out and Taven's ending is probably just the most reasonable ending..   
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MKF30

What people forget is raiden CHOOSES to become Mortal just to fight on a "equal scale"(which even then he's still powerful) he's a god, if he wanted to he can just release his godly essense and destroy Earthrealm whole if he really wanted to....he just doesn't... because for one that would go against everything he loves and believes in and secondly, his job is to protect Earthrealm...He already nearly destroyed Earth during MK4's saga....

Dante isn't an immortal God despite what he's done, Raiden is so I'm going Raiden. Not to mention Raiden can just banish him elsewhere like he did with Kahn(back to OW) and Shinnok into Netherealm... 

Raiden takes this

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Matezoide2
@MKF30: 
Raiden has no feats to put him on Dante`s level,immortaly does prevent a defeat

@Sparda said:
" @Terran :  According to MK Wiki, Taven's ending is the only one that's canon from MKA, so I don't think that's valid.  I'm not a big expert on MK though, so I could be wrong. "

you are right,only Taven`s ending is cannon,showing Raiden`s ending is simply a desperate attempt at making an argument for Raiden
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MKF30

Yes he does, again MK4's arch he nearly destroyed the entire Earthrealm by battling Shinnok, he killed Quan and Shang and himself in MKD like nothing(and came back anyway)  

That and the fact that like I said earlier, Raiden

chooses to become mortal form

if he wanted to he could just use his godly powers and kill Dante or of course not hold back like he does half the time.

Dante=isn't immortal and if Raiden doesn't jobber like he has, example his mK4 feat is far more impressive then what he did in MKD....he will kill Dante...

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Matezoide2
@MKF30 said:
"

Yes he does, again MK4's arch he nearly destroyed the entire Earthrealm by battling Shinnok, he killed Quan and Shang and himself in MKD like nothing(and came back anyway)

wtf?
is this the whole ``Raiden is responsable for the death of millions``? that was off-screen and so is Hittler (responsable for the death of millions),that doesnt put him above Dante

@MKF30 said:

He will kill Dante, Dante=isn't immortal  and if Raiden doesn't jobber like he has, example his mK4 feat is far more impressive then what he did in MKD....he will kill Dante... "

he cant kill Dante because Dante is far more powerfull and has took more powerfull attacks than Raiden`s
Raiden`s advantage = healing factor,flight,thunder beams
Dante`s advantage = everything else

i wanna see Raiden doing something impressive on screen,because so far,Dante owns him
Quicksilver alone gives Dante the win
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MKF30

That's a feat, but the thing is Raiden did that WITHOUT purposely wanting too...so imagine if he actually wanted to kill tons, he could easily...the point. 

Yeah it does in my book, till Dante can kill millions of people I'm not that impressed. He could kill Dante in his Godly form in which Dante won't be able to do anything to Raiden.. 

Raiden doesn't heal, he's immortal(lol where did you hear that?) 

And he does more then just summon thunder beams, he manipulates lightning to any level he wishes, can heal and harm with his powers(others I mean, himself he doesn't have to worry sicne he's immortal) and can banish people elsewhere.. 

so again he can just banish Dante  

Raiden will win here, no offense dude but you always say you don't hate MK but you always post against MK....even when it's obvious someone from MK will win. 

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Matezoide2
@MKF30: 
it was a war,off-screen,period,he cant just kill millions and he never showed that,are you really basing your whole point in an off-screen statement where we didnt even see how he did it? 
again,through a war,Hittle killed millions,is he beyond Dante?

Dante can kill millions,take his guns and sword and go into a killing spree,nobody would be able to stop him

WHO CARES if Raiden is immortal? Immortals can be KO`ed,immortals can be defeated,period,until Raiden can fight with a sword through his chest like it is nothing,his immortality is irrelevant

he haves no good feats with his lighting,theres no evidence he can even tag Dante,let alone hurt him and he will heal in a second or two

banish? yeah sure,he does that all time right? like that time with Taven,Quan Chi and Shang Tsung.....ho wait

i dont hate MK and i know when they win,Raiden cant beat Dante and until you can show me on-screen feats and not blank statements,then we will argue

dont even bother replying,Raiden cant win and he did nothing to proof it,Dante cuts off his head and Raiden is ko`ed
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Matezoide2

has Raiden showed he can do this?

has  Raiden showed he can do this?

did Raiden ever showed this precision and strength? he even gets shot and laughs after that

has Raiden showed he can do that?

sorry pal,but until i see relevant feats from Raiden that arent statements or off-screen,Dante wins easy

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MKF30

It doesn't matter if it's offscreen or not, what matters is it's canon.... 

Who cares if it's offscreen? lol Video games don't have time like movies do and Midway back then didn't have the budget to make cinama movies last that long...trust me as an MK fan I know the companies history as well very well and know sources who know people inside the team.... 

The fact that Raiden will just come back harder and stronger like he did in MKD/MKA arch....and you have to understand Raiden is like Superman, he holds back  A LOT....if he went all out right off the bat, everyone he fought would die no doubt... 

Raiden can beat Dante, obviously you're not that aware of his history and MK's arcs.... 

Yes, banish...MKD wasn't written that well since he did so to Shinnok, why couldn't he do so to Shang and Quan? That made no sense and was all for plot...just like PIS cases in comics...  I don't believe you don't hate MK, you say you don't but your posts prove otherwise...the Ermac vs. DD thread? yeah....anyone with logic knows Ermac thinks and DD dies...so I had to laugh at that thread...

Raiden can win I'm sure. Raiden is a god that never dies, Dante isn't which means he'll die. Sorry, and again why are you ignoring the fact that he can just keep his godly rank and just destroy Dante with his pure energy without even becoming mortal form?

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Matezoide2

it matters if it is off-screen,because we cant say how he did that,it may have been through a war,they show Raiden liffiting his hands ``die everyone bwahaha``,hence,we cant use that

Dante also holds back a lot and if he dies once,it counts as KO,as defeat,what happens later doesnt matter

when he banishs someone so he doesnt have to fight,we talk
i never said DD would beat Ermac,i said he is a superior fighter

Raiden cant kill Dante because he never showed power to do so,Raiden`s best attack when he sacrificed himself against Onaga isnt close to what Dante has tanked
like i said,i dont hate MK,but Raiden`s on-screen feats are inferior to Dante`s

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Matezoide2

i will make a simple,fast question

did they say Raiden killed millions or that he is responsable for it because of his war with Shinnok?

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MKF30

No it doesn't lol, it's a feat regardless and it's canon(why do you keep bringing up off screen?) That's totally irrelevant....point is it happened and Raiden killed alot of people(without purposely wanting to do so) thus why I said imagine if he wanted to do so...so yeah I'm still going to use that.... 

Still, the main reason I'm going with Raiden here is because he's immortal and has shown to do great things when he doesn't hold back....but you have to understand due to the Elder God's rules set in place, Raiden can't just "do whatever he wants" if he does, he'll be punished but that's not to say he CAN'T literally do so, he's just a good guy thus he follows the rules(like Superman) 

Either way that I was just using that past thread as an example, either way Ermac will win that match up at the end of the day. And he's a good fighter himself, he has thousands of souls with knowledge of fighting within his body....but not going to get into that again 

Raiden can kill Dante and yes he's shown the power to, in MK4 he killed millions and banished Shinnok...that's not even his best attack, that's one attack that we saw in cinema....yet during MK4 arch he killed millions fighting Shinnok so really? lol besides he just came back anyway so what difference does it make? 

I'm not judging on offscreen or on screen exclusively I'm judging on characters powers, backgrounds and overall feats...just because we don't see something doesn't mean it didn't happen(ie MK4's arc)

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Matezoide2

before i continue,i want to know this

did they say Raiden killed millions or that he is responsable for it because of his war with Shinnok?

i will say it again, Hitler is responsable for the death of millions,but it doesnt means he is powerfull

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MKF30

Ok, how about this we can just agree to disagree? lol You feel Dante, which is fine(not worth fighting about or anything) and I feel Raiden for my reasons... 

They said he was responsible, which means whatever he did he failed to save the lives of those millions(obviously he didn't do it purposely which was even confirmed) but still, his job is protect Earthrealm and the people living in it, he obviously failed and took the blame either way(he could have been implying he killed people not on purpose during his fight vs. Shinnok) that's also what I was lead on to believe....innocent people caught in the crossfire(with his abilities and Shinnok's I can see that) 

Not for nothing but comparing Hitler(a real person with an army who had power in that respect btw) to a fictional Thunder God is kind of lame....and pointless. 

Raiden did so under his own power, Hitler DID NOT....he needed an army of followers, Raiden doesn't...that's the difference. Raiden could easily destroy Hitler and his army if he was real under his own power...

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Matezoide2

sure lets agree to disagree,i just wanted to know if Raiden did this under his power
btw, how is failing to save lifes a feat? failing to save =/= killing

Surge2477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Surge2477

Dante takes this. Being immortal means you can't die of old age. It doesn't mean that you can't die or that one is invincible. Being a martial artist can be countered by a fighter who faster & can anticipate your actions which DANTE clearly can. Spider-Man fighting prowess doesn't belong to a particular discipline yet he defeats opponents due to his superior speed & reaction time. Another example in the Blade II film .Blade is clearly a superior fighter technique wise compared to Jared Nomak, yet Nomak clearly was his physical superior in combat. (Nomak lost because it's a Blade movie). So saying that Raiden know's martial arts OR USING THE RIDICULOUS kIMBO SLICE EXAMPLE doesn't change the fact that Dante's a better fighter.

Let's also not forget that Dante is half demon & therefore his powers are magic based as well. So as a being of magic, he may have the power to kill Raiden. Not saying Dante will kill Raiden, but it's possible.

I don't see any reason that Dante loses to Raiden.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MKF30

(I was just explaining to you that he failed maybe or feels bad for whatever he did)not that I meant him being responsible/killing millions(I don't mean on purpose) but obviously Raiden did something that lead to many, many casuaties...  it's a feat because it's something he did eliminating a lot of lives(despite how he did so) to an impressive level....but the main thing was he didn't mean to do so, so imagine if he wanted to lol it wouldn't be that hard for him. 

But he would never do so, he's a good guy. Although in MKD/MKA arc once he become dark he does things Raiden wouldn't normally do...like resurrecting Liu Kang and using him as his killing puppet...wanting to kill Shujinko for putting Earth in harms way, wanting to destroy every other realm to protect Earthrealm....a bit much lol...but then again that's Dark Raiden(not normal)

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Matezoide2

well,i still say it was a consequence of the war,not on his power alone :)

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MKF30

I hear what you're saying but thing is if not for Raiden choosing to do so, all those lives wouldn't have been lost lol but Shinnok gave him no choice out of fairness...it was either sacrificing lives unfortunately or having Earth be taken over by eternity of evil via Shinnok's rule...

Dark Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By Dark Zoom

I dont know who would win. i mean if raiden is truly immortal as in HE CANT DIE than dante has no chance, he would just ware himself down than raiden kills him. and if raiden has an energy form which im guessing has intangibility than their is really nothing he can do. speed is nothing compared to someone who can teleport it's just meaningless ask anyone would you rather have super speed or teleportation and they will most likely say teleportation because why waste energy runnign when you can get from point a to point b easy. yes he fought a teleporter but did he use his teleports in the fight and did he successfully dodge them in a cut scene? how fast would you say dante goes cause i gurentee its not faster than lightning 
93,000 miles per second(i think) and if raiden in turn summons a lot f those a one time he isnt dodging all of them, any way thats my thesis on this whole thing