• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

vs.

15 minutes to prep.

Both are at full power, who wins ??

#2 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante with ease.

Light Sabers will cut him, but not keep him down. And the Force Lighting? Well.... Watch the 1st intro to Devil May Cry 1.

#3 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante.

#4 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

The cool thing about Dante is that he feeds off of any Elemental Power.

Fire, Lighting, Water, Earth, Wind, Dark, or possibly Holy elements.

He'll absorb these elements and convert them into a weapon of his craft. Or channal these energies through the output of his guns or sword or other weapons. The Force is basically ambient energy that comprises with all Fundamental Elements of the Universe. So unless Sidious is a supernatural Sorcerer or demon, he is not hurting Dante.

#5 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning: palpatine has god like powers, his force abilites are far greater then any other jedi, he can create force storms and a black hole, im sure he can find a way to trick dante

#6 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

What is Dante's combat speed?

Because I'm 90% sure that Sidious can stomp him

#7 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: im not totally sure on that, but dante is super fast, but i think that palpatine and his force abilites would give him an advantage

#8 Posted by comicace3 (3469 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

Say that again? Please explain why.

#9 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2853 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: Hypersonic at best, and yeah Palpatine would destroy him.

#10 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

Dante's combat speeds? He has a move called stinger 1000 where he thrusts his sword 1000s of times in a second.

He has a move called quicksilver or bangle of time where he stops time and causes things to become like a statue.

Check this video out at 7 minutes, he eventually spins around kills dozens of foes, in actuality he's swinging his sword. He then continues to run along the building and enters in entry velocity speeds. This is him at his weakest as a teen.

#11 Edited by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatalsniper728: Here he obtains Quicksilver which causes everything to nearly freeze. he is moving so fast that the force he generates by a poke moves a 200 lb piece of concrete a few inches.

Topping of his already incredible speed plus his abilities to put himself in a different time period, he could possibly swing his sword and do 10,000 stringers in one second of our time or more.

#12 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante slaughters.

#13 Posted by JediXMan (29654 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Dante be possessed?

Also, leaving this here:

#14 Posted by JediXMan (29654 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@fatalsniper728: Here he obtains Quicksilver which causes everything to nearly freeze. he is moving so fast that the force he generates by a poke moves a 200 lb piece of concrete a few inches.

Palpatine has moved at speeds that were faster than his lightsaber could follow.

Here he is disarming somebody fast enough to react to Palpatine speed blitzing him:

#15 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante can't be possessed because it is protected by the holiness of his Mother's Soul.

#16 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Can Dante be possessed?

Also, leaving this here:

I don't know if he can be possessed, his mind and soul are demonic. Mundus,a demonic god he fought in his first game mentally takes over and controls all the demons around him, even Trish, someone that Dante partners up with later who is a strong demon herself. He even mind controlled Dante's brother Vergil who is close to Dante's equal when they were teens. But Dante moved freely throughout his castle, found him and morphed into his true demon form and killed him.

As for speed, Palpatine is fast, they might be equal if Dante is not using his time manipulation abilities. But I'm not sure how Palapatine matches up against a time manipulator that works kind of like Zoom. I'm more interested in discussing no quicksilver or bangle of time since he only used those powers in a few cutscenes.

But Dante has a lot of weapons he could summon up, some allow him to fire flaming meteorites from his fist that explode on impact every time he throws a punch. I'm not sure if a lightsaber can cut through his weapons either as they are magically enchanted metal.

I think Dante no devil Trigger with just his sword without his other abilities against Palaptine would be an awesome match.

#17 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatalsniper728: How fast is "super fast"?

@comicace3: I'm 90% sure Sidious would stomp Dante. Sidious has some ridiculously powerful feats. He can fight at about lightspeed, possibly faster, conquered the minds of billions, warped the minds of millions, summoned Force Storms big enough to destroy entire Dreadnaughts. Crazy feats that I don't think Dante could defend against. But in all honesty I know little about Dante.

@SlimJ87D said:

Dante's combat speeds? He has a move called stinger 1000 where he thrusts his sword 1000s of times in a second.

He has a move called quicksilver or bangle of time where he stops time and causes things to become like a statue.

Check this video out at 7 minutes, he eventually spins around kills dozens of foes, in actuality he's swinging his sword. He then continues to run along the building and enters in entry velocity speeds. This is him at his weakest as a teen.

Is that gameplay? Because gameplay isn't admissible as feats. You have to have a cutscene or another source for it.

A in game move I don't think counts.

But besides this point, I still see no real reasoning why Sidious couldn't Force Crush Dante. Also on the topic of Dante being enhanced by elemental attacks, well Force Ligthning works a bit differently. It sucks the life force out of those it's used against. (Or at least one of Sidious' variants does that.) So it's unlikely that Dante would be strengthed by it.

#18 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: Palpatine doesn`t stand a chance, Dante`s speed and time manipulating abilities alone would be too much for him. Also Dante could always use Doppleganger, a shadow of himself in which it shares his abilities.

#19 Edited by JinSlayerX (129 posts) - - Show Bio

^ Truth. Dante would be too much for him. Dante vs Luke would be a better fight.

#20 Edited by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: Did you watch the video to find out> Because it was a custscene when he did all that.

I do not think Palaptine fights at light speed. He's fast and on top of that he has precognition which is what helps him move so efficiently and fluently. Stating light speed is just overkill.

Dante in his own right is a 100 tonner, how much can Palpatine force crush him by? He blocked a statue which had to weight 50 or more tons punch which means that punch would translate to a force above 100 tons or more. He blocked it easily and brushed it aside.

So Dante's is quite strong and quite durable. He has a healing factor greater than wolverines, far greater where he heals instantly, the moment something has existed out of him he was already reattached again.

#21 Posted by Original_Human_Torch (166 posts) - - Show Bio

I would HOPE Dante would win. Palpatine got the shaft already (literally)!

; )

#22 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

@Original_Human_Torch said:

I would HOPE Dante would win. Palpatine got the shaft already (literally)!

; )

LMFAO! XD

#23 Posted by 7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning (3578 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatines's weakness

#24 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave: How do his Time manipulation skills work? Can you give me a definitive combat speed for Dante? How does he stand a chance against Sidious' insane speed, mental domination abilities, Force Lightning/Crush which i've outlinned earlier drains life force and stand against Sidious dueling prowess?

@SlimJ87D said:

@JamesKM716: Did you watch the video to find out> Because it was a custscene when he did all that.

I do not think Palaptine fights at light speed. He's fast and on top of that he has precognition which is what helps him move so efficiently and fluently. Stating light speed is just overkill.

Dante in his own right is a 100 tonner, how much can Palpatine force crush him by? He blocked a statue which had to weight 50 or more tons punch which means that punch would translate to a force above 100 tons or more. He blocked it easily and brushed it aside.

So Dante's is quite strong and quite durable. He has a healing factor greater than wolverines, far greater where he heals instantly, the moment something has existed out of him he was already reattached again.

I've never played a Devil May Cry game, so i wasn't sure if that was a cutscene or not that's all.

Palpatine fights at light speed. Anakin Skywalker, in the Revenge of the Sith novel is noted at seeing sub-light movement. Later, he comes in on Palpatine and Mace dueling and sees blurs That's evidence enough of Sidious' speeds.

What do you mean by "How much can Palpatine Force Crush him by?" I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't understand the question.

Blocking a powerful blow isn't the same thing as being surrounded and crushed by the Force.

Show me feats of him healing factor, how does it work? what does it do?

#25 Posted by Original_Human_Torch (166 posts) - - Show Bio

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

Palpatines's weakness

LOL!

#26 Edited by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: I've discussed the speed with user Silver before, I believe he thinks its a hyperbole as he accountant other instances that disprove it. Also, I'm not sure how a book based on the movie holds up. I guess I need to possibly elaborate on this. Light speed is faster than Superman, like 100 times faster than Superman.

About the force Crush, how much force can he crush Dante by? Because Dante is a 100 tonner, quite durable and has a insane healing factor. Could the Force crush instantly put Dante out of commission

Against Nero he was just goofing around with to see what he was all about.

Dante is a demon and in a way his powers are like magic. How his healing factor works, i can't say exactly, but in every game he just heals instantly.

#27 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@JamesKM716: I've discussed the speed with user Silver before, I believe he thinks its a hyperbole as he accountant other instances that disprove it. Also, I'm not sure how a book based on the movie holds up. I guess I need to possibly elaborate on this. Light speed is faster than Superman, like 100 times faster than Superman.

About the force Crush, how much force can he crush Dante by? Because Dante is a 100 tonner, quite durable and has a insane healing factor. Could the Force crush instantly put Dante out of commission

The book is just as canon as the movie. Plus we're using the EU here so there's that. Superman's far faster than Lightspeed in the New 52, he travels from Pluto back to Earth in a few seconds in Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Yes, it should be able to take him out of commission incredibly quickly.

#28 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: You didn't say combat. You said Sidious was faster than Superman. I said Superman was far faster than Sidious. I never mentioned combat speed. I never said that Superman combats at Light speed.

#30 Edited by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

@SlimJ87D: You didn't say combat. You said Sidious was faster than Superman. I said Superman was far faster than Sidious. I never mentioned combat speed. I never said that Superman combats at Light speed.

You are completely confusing me now. You said ". He can fight at about lightspeed, possibly faster, conquered"

I said that would be faster than Superman, and because we're talking about fighting I clearly meant combat. You followed by responding:

"Superman's far faster than Lightspeed in the New 52, he travels from Pluto back to Earth in a few seconds in Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Yes, it should be able to take him out of commission incredibly quickly."

I don't understand why you would mention Superman's flight if I was clearly talking about combat.

For the record, I never said Sidious is faster than Superman. I said if Sidious fight at light speed like you said, then he would be faster than Superman.

I do not like where this discussion has gone so I'm withdrawing from it till other users are here.

#31 Edited by xlab3000 (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante

#32 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@JamesKM716 said:

You are completely confusing me now. You said ". He can fight at about lightspeed, possibly faster, conquered"

Below is what I said on Superman.

@JamesKM716 said:

Superman's far faster than Lightspeed in the New 52, he travels from Pluto back to Earth in a few seconds in Red Hood and the Outlaws

I said that would be faster than Superman, and because we're talking about fighting I clearly meant combat. You followed by responding:

"Superman's far faster than Lightspeed in the New 52, he travels from Pluto back to Earth in a few seconds in Red Hood and the Outlaws.

I don't understand why you would mention Superman's flight if I was clearly talking about combat.

For the record, I never said Sidious is faster than Superman. I said if Sidious fight at light speed like you said, then he would be faster than Superman.

I do not like where this discussion has gone so I'm withdrawing from it till other users are here.

You NEVER SAID Combat speed. You said, and I quote:

Light speed is faster than Superman, like 100 times faster than Superman.

That's when you brought up Superman. You never mentioned Combat speed.

#33 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@JamesKM716 said:

@JamesKM716 said:

Superman's far faster than Lightspeed in the New 52, he travels from Pluto back to Earth in a few seconds in Red Hood and the Outlaws

What else could I have been talking about? We were discussing combat speeds of Dante and Palpatine. If I were to make a comparison to Superman at this point, why would it be travel speed? It doesn't make sense nor does it follow the flow of the conversation.

#34 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@JamesKM716 said:

@SlimJ87D said:

@JamesKM716 said:

@JamesKM716 said:

What else could I have been talking about? We were discussing combat speeds of Dante and Palpatine. If I were to make a comparison to Superman at this point, why would it be travel speed? It doesn't make sense nor does it follow the flow of the conversation.

Well, you could be talking about travel speed. Without clarification, it could be a variety of things. Personally, I took it as travel speed.

#35 Posted by nick_hero22 (6749 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante wins in my opinion based off sex appeal. Lol

#36 Posted by xlab3000 (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: ok

#37 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

@SlimJ87D: ok

Sorry, I came off as a jerk there. I meant that in no offensive way. Could have said it nicer.

#38 Edited by xlab3000 (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: I didn't know to accept calculations by fans or feats from comics/manga for example Haku is light speed

#39 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL at this thread Palpatine has near lightspeed combat speed, planetary life force draining, has mind wiped million effected billions with tp, can create hyperspace worm hole that can kill planets and destroy entire fleets of ships,can't be killed by conventional means, can't even be seen by conventional means as a Sith spirits. This is a stomp in Palpatine favor.

#40 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000 said:

@SlimJ87D: I didn't know to accept calculations by fans or feats from comics/manga for example Haku is light speed

Well we have to bring forth the calculations here. but it's not always calculations, there are abilities that aren't accounted for in the OBD. They don't often take into account Dante's ability to use Quick silver, nor do they take into account all his Devil Triggers or the fact that he has never been hurt or really lost a fight.

OBD is good for some calculations, but they only perform half of the argument. That's how I feel about it.

#41 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

LOL at this thread Palpatine has near lightspeed combat speed, planetary life force draining, has mind wiped million effected billions with tp, can create hyperspace worm hole that can kill planets and destroy entire fleets of ships,can't be killed by conventional means, can't even be seen by conventional means as a Sith spirits. This is a stomp in Palpatine favor.

Yeah, but Dante is like Zoom, he can control time and stop it. Does Palpatine actually have LIGHTSPEED combat speed? So are you saying if he had a lightsbaer that can cut Superman he would beat Superman then? And why is he going to create a worm hole in combat next to himself? He can get stuck in it as well. Dante has fought and defeated Ghost and spirits plenty of times, about a quarter of his enemies are invisible looking Ghost, but he's a demon.

The fight sounds like it got more interesting if we're really going to use all of Palaptines EU feats.

#42 Posted by Hondo_ (409 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate or win for Sidious, Sidious can't kill Dante but he can ko or incapacitate him.

#43 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonGameWave: Palpatine doesn`t stand a chance, Dante`s speed and time manipulating abilities alone would be too much for him.

Dante is not faster then Palpatine. Palpatine has fought faster Anakin Skywalker can see (some one that has dodged lighting,reacted to sub-light ship, that is a respectable fraction of light speed, has perceived events in a microsecond in The Jedi Trial IIRC, has moved his lighsbaer so fast it looked like a shield, has made several after images etc.) Palpatine has fought and army of hundreds Kursid warriors, fought faster then Lie can see, has moved to fast for Maul to track,has moved faster the Mace Windu can react,along with Plaguies reflected blaster bolts from 200 battle droids, moved at invisible speed etc.

#44 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23302 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D:

Yeah, but Dante is like Zoom, he can control time and stop it.

Now that could present a problem for Palpatine.

Does Palpatine actually have LIGHTSPEED combat speed?

I won't say he is light speed but he is very close, going by his feats.Palpatine has fought faster Anakin Skywalker can see (some one that has dodged lighting,reacted to sub-light ship, that is a respectable fraction of light speed, has perceived events in a microsecond in The Jedi Trial IIRC, has moved his lighsbaer so fast it looked like a shield, has made several after images etc.) Palpatine has fought and army of hundreds Kursid warriors, fought faster then Lie can see, has moved to fast for Maul to track,has moved faster the Mace Windu can react,along with Plaguies reflected blaster bolts from 200 battle droids, moved at invisible speed etc.

So are you saying if he had a lightsbaer that can cut Superman he would beat Superman then?

Yes he would. In fact Palpatine can beat Superman with out a lightsaber, he could mind wipe him or drain his life essence.

And why is he going to create a worm hole in combat next to himself? He can get stuck in it as well.

Palpatine has full control over it, he would not get hit with his own storm.

Dante has fought and defeated Ghost and spirits plenty of times, about a quarter of his enemies are invisible looking Ghost, but he's a demon.

The thing is Palpatine Force spirit is hard to detect even force sensitives who abilities are tuned to the force have a hard time detecting it.

The fight sounds like it got more interesting if we're really going to use all of Palaptines EU feats.

It does indeed.

#45 Edited by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: Dante is hypersonic+ and Palpatine`s Force abilities won`t work on Dante as his healing factor is too great and his DT will activate instantly increasing all of his attributes. Angus from DMC 4 uses life force draining and Dante while in Devil Trigger form is unaffected. Also Dante could summon his Doppleganger to help distract Palpatine and if Dante reaches critical health his Majin Form will activate in which he is basically invincible to all attacks. His time abilities are instant such as Quicksilver, also Bangle of Time and he has Chrono Heart which increases his overall speed.

0:30 - 1:31

#46 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: Dante is hypersonic+ or more in movement, combat speed, reflexes, and reaction time, he also has time manipulation abilities, I don`t think Palpatine would be able to counter that.

#47 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

What mental defenses does Dante have? Palpatine's conquered the minds of billions

#48 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@JamesKM716: im sure dante is smart enough to not fall for palpatine's mind tricks, but you never know

#49 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatalsniper728: It's not just mind tricks. He's dominated the minds of billions, and erased portions of there memories.

#50 Edited by ShootingNova (15664 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine's Essence Transfer is pretty powerful. Not sure whether or not Dante can resist it (unfortunately I lack the knowledge on Dante to post much here) but Sidious's Essence Transfer mastery is sufficient for him to utilize it involuntarily.

Palpatine has managed to return from the Void as a Spirit:

Palpatine's body was destroyed. Separated from his clones, Palpatine was forced to survive in the maddening, bodiless existence of the void. Through sheer will he retained his identity, crossing the gulf of space to again take up residence in his clone body.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Palpatine has also travelled light years as an Essence, using a Wormhole to transport his spirit after his "death" on the Death Star II:

The moment the Emperor "died" at the Battle of Endor, Droga fell into an inexplicable insanity, butchering his crew and causing the Emperor's Shadow to plunge into Kaal's oceans. Even as he perished, Palpatine used the dark side knowledge the Sith Lords had granted him years earlier to rend space itself and transmigrate his essence across lightyears to Droga's body. The infusion of Palpatine's overwhelming dark side energies reduced Droga to incoherent madness. Eventually, Palpatine's Grand Vizier Pestage was able to find Droga and tear the Emperor's essence from Droga's body.

--Taken from Gamer #5 (credit to Silver2467)

Palpatine's Wormholes are powerful enough to destroy entire fleets, transport beings across worlds, and obliterate the surfaces of planets and moons:

And yes, it is possible for Palpatine to cast them instantly.

Another factor that might play a part is Palpatine's mastery over Force Lightning. Again, I do not know Dante's defenses against such attacks, but Palpatine has:

Destroyed a small army with Lightning:

Overwhelmed Yoda's Force Deflection/Absorption (and possibly Barrier) with Lightning:

In the Senate Arena, lightning forked from the hands of a Sith, and bent away from the gesture of a Jedi to shock Redrobes into unconsciousness. Then there were only the two of them. Their clash transcended the personal; when new lightning blazed, it was not Palpatine burning Yoda with his hate, it was the Lord of all Sith scorching the Master of all Jedi into a smoldering huddle of clothing and green flesh.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

Even Yoda lacks the ability to defend against Palpatine's Lightning forever:

The end came with astonishing suddenness. The shadow could feel how much it cost the little green freak to bend back his lightnings into the cage of energy that enclosed them both; the creature had reached the limits of his strength.

Palpatine has killed and tortured beings multiple times with Lightning:

Garrbo V'Droz almost dropped his glow rod when it shined off a face he recognized in one of the chambers. There was a grim smile on its face. The green-haired occupant of the chamber was someone with whom Garrbo V'Droz was intimately familiar: his brother, the construction foreman.
Whirling on his patron, he whimpered, "What is the meaning of this?" Emperor Palpatine smiled and said simply, "It means that you and I are the only ones left who know the way through the labyrinth to my...home for treasures too valuable even for my museum above. And soon, it will just be me," the Emperor grinned horribly, as Garrbo V'Droz cowered.
"Don't worry, my friend," hissed the dark figure, gesturing grandly at a vacant spot in the chamber, "you shall have a place of honor here. You've earned it."
Palpatine raised his hands, preparing to strike, and then, allowing himself a final moment to savor the fear in his victim, added, "And if I ever need your services again, I will not hesitate to clone you."
V'Droz cringed as the Emperor threw vicious bolts of lightning from his hands and ensured that the galaxy's finest architect was forever a part of his last, greatest work.

--Taken from The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook: His Finest Work (Credit to Silver2467)

"I need him alive!" Skywalker shouted. "I need him to save Padme!"
Mace thought blankly, Why? And moved his lightsaber toward the fallen Chancellor. Before he could follow through on his stroke, a sudden arc of blue plasma sheared through his wrist and his hand tumbled away with his lightsaber still in it and Palpatine roared back to his feet and lightning speared from the Sith Lord's hands and without his blade to catch it, the power of Palpatine's hate struck him full-on.
He had been so intent on Palpatine's shatterpoint that he'd never thought to look for Anakin's. Dark lightning blasted away his universe. He fell forever.

Palpatine still made no move to defend himself from Skywalker; instead he ramped up the lightning bursting from his hands, bending the fountain of Mace's blade back toward the Korun Master's face.

Mace's blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone. "Anakin, he's too strong for me—"

This was beyond Vaapad; he had no strength left to fight against his own blade.

And so on.

Telepathically, Palpatine has mind-wiped twenty billion people (the population of Byss):

Throughout the worlds submissive to the Empire, Byss is renowned as a paradise, whose siren call multitudes to willingly apply for emigration to its shores. Once there, wrapped in the power of the dark side, the immigrants become completely submissive, their life energy forever enslaved to the mind that would devour a galaxy.

--Taken from the Dark Empire endnotes

He also manages to drain that population, but rather than instantaneously rip out their life forces, he slowly siphons their life energies passively, even across the galaxy.

What better lure for multitudes than Byss's siren call of beauty and peace? Once there, their wills are destroyed by the Emperor and his Adepts, and replaced with an illusion of tranquility as they blissfully surrender their life energy to sustain the Emperor.

--Taken from Dark Empire Sourcebook

He is consistently reading Anakin/Vader's mind:

Palpatine lifted one tentative hand to the misshapen horror that he now saw in the mirror, then simply shrugged.
"And so the mask becomes the man," he sighed with a hint of philosophical melancholy. "I shall miss the face of Palpatine, I think; but for our purpose, the face of Sidious will serve. Yes, it will serve."
He gestured, and a hidden compartment opened in the office's ceiling above his desk. A voluminous robe of heavy black-on-black brocade floated downward from it; Anakin felt the current in the Force that carried the robe to Palpatine's hand.
He remembered playing a Force game with a shuura fruit, sitting across a long table from Padme in the retreat by the lake on Naboo. He remembered telling her how grumpy Obi-Wan would be to see him use the Force so casually.
Palpatine seemed to catch his thought; he gave a yellow sidelong glance as the robe settled onto his shoulders.
"You must learn to cast off the petty restraints that the Jedi have tried to place upon your power," he said. "Anakin, it's time. I need you to help me restore order to the galaxy."

"Keep still," Sidious interrupted, "before you damage yourself all the more." He gave Vader a moment to compose himself. "First, let me reiterate that the Jedi mean nothing to us. In having survived, Yoda and Obi-Wan aren't exceptions to the rule. I'm certain that dozens of Jedi escaped with their lives, and in due time you will have the pleasure of killing many of them. But of greater import is the fact that their order has been crushed. Finished, Lord Vader. Do I make myself clear?"
"Yes, Master," Vader muttered.
"In burying their heads in the sands and snows of remote worlds, the surviving Jedi humble themselves before the Sith. So let them: let them atone for one thousand years of arrogance and self-absorption."
Sidious watched Vader, displeased. "Once more your thoughts betray you. I see that you are not yet fully convinced."

--Taken from Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

He also reads Maul's mind multiple times as well:

"This rivalry between Lommite Limited and InterGalactic Ore intrigues me," Sidious was saying as he moved about the cavernous den that was both his sanctuary and repository. The hood of his cowl was raised over his lined face, and the hem of his robe trailed on the gleaming floor. His voice was a rasp, absent emotion but not without instances of intentional inflection.
"I see a way that we might exploit this entanglement to our own gain," he continued. "A push here, a shove there, and both mining companies will collapse. Thus, we will be able to deliver Dorvalla to the Trade Federation—the ore, the trade routes, Dorvalla's vote in the senate—and, in so doing, gain the further allegiance of Viceroy Gunray and his lackeys."
Sidious removed his hands from the ample sleeves of his robe. "Viceroy Gunray claims to be persuaded of the worth of serving us, but I want him fully in our grasp, so that there can be no doubt of his heeding my commands. With Dorvalla secured, he will likely be promoted to a permanent position on the Trade Federation Directorate. We can then further our larger plan."
Sidious cast his hooded gaze across the room to a deeply shadowed area in which Darth Maul sat silent as a statue, his tattooed face lowered, so that all Sidious could see was the crown of vestigial horns that sprouted from his hairless skull.
"Your thoughts betray you, my young apprentice," he remarked. "You are puzzled by my steadfast interest in the Neimoidians."
Darth Maul lifted his face, and what scant light there was seemed to recoil. Where his Master represented all that was concealed and mysterious in the Sith, Maul was the personification of all that was to be feared.
"From you, Master, I cannot hide what I feel. The Neimoidians are greedy and weak-willed. I find them unworthy."

--Taken from Darth Maul: Saboteur

Maul halted before Sidious and kneeled, bowing his head.

“Master,” he said simply.

Sidious stopped. For a moment all was silent.

“I am most impressed to see you have survived your injuries,” he said, the voice as rough and cracked as Maul remembered.

“I used your training, Master,” Maul said. “And I have built all of this in hopes of returning to your side.”

Sidious lifted his head slightly, and Maul saw his yellow eyes beneath the hood. They were as cold as space.

“How unfortunate that you are attempting to deceive me,” Sidious said.

-- Taken from Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy

And he manages to sense Anakin's anguish and Mace Windu and the other Jedi Masters' determination over long distances:

In the night, the shadow felt the boy's anguish, and it was good. The shadow felt the grim determination of four Jedi Masters approaching by air. This, too, was good.

As for the Lightsaber striking speeds, Sidious has fought faster than Windu, Anakin, and Darth Maul (in their primes) could perceive:

Before Mace realizes what has happened, Kolar, Tiin, and Fisto have fallen to Sidious's blade.

--Taken from The Complete Visual Dictionary

Anakin blinked and rubbed his eyes again. Maybe he was still a bit flash-blind—the Korun Master seemed to be fading in and out of existence, half swallowed by a thickening black haze in which danced a meter-long bar of sunfire. Mace pressed back the darkness with a relentless straight-ahead march; his own blade, that distinctive amethyst blaze that had been the final sight of so many evil beings across the galaxy, made a haze of its own: an oblate sphere of purple fire within which there seemed to be dozens of swords slashing in all directions at once.
The shadow he fought, that blur of speed—could that be Palpatine?
Their blades flared and flashed, crashing together with bursts of fire, weaving nets of killing energy in exchanges so fast that Anakin could not truly see them—but he could feel them in the Force. The Force itself roiled and burst and crashed around them, boiling with power and lightspeed ricochets of lethal intent. And it was darkening.

He could feel the end of this battle approaching, and so could the blur of Sith he faced; in the Force, the shadow had become a pulsar of fear.

-- Taken from Revenge of the Sith

Sidious raised his saber and flew at Maul, who parried desperately, his mechanical legs whirring as he sought to counter his former Master’s blows. Sidious’s sabers were a blur, a whirling cage of deadly plasma. Maul danced away from one blow, then reversed his movement to avoid another, and then there were too many to count, and then there were even more than that.

Maul’s saber spun out of his hand, bouncing away across the floor. Then Sidious seized his former apprentice with the Force, hurling him against the wall. Maul’s vision swam. He tried to get up, but realized he was already in the air, held aloft by the Force. Sidious slammed him into the floor. Then Maul was off the ground again, legs kicking for purchase in empty air. He could taste blood in his mouth. His head hit the wall with a sickening crunch.

-- Taken from Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy

@SlimJ87D: Silver's guess would be Palpatine striking thousands of times per second.

@7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning said:

The Force is basically ambient energy that comprises with all Fundamental Elements of the Universe. So unless Sidious is a supernatural Sorcerer or demon, he is not hurting Dante.

No, it isn't. It is not based or formed on fundamental elements of the universe, but life. And life is also created by the Force. And yes, Palpatine is one of, if not the most powerful, Sith Sorcerer in galactic history.

@JinSlayerX said:

^ Truth. Dante would be too much for him. Dante vs Luke would be a better fight.

Luke is only slightly more powerful than Palpatine, so how is is much better of a fight if Dante is stomping Palpatine?

@JamesKM716 said:

He can fight at about lightspeed, possibly faster,

No, he fights slightly under light speed. Near-relativstic speeds is the term Silver and I have used.

But besides this point, I still see no real reasoning why Sidious couldn't Force Crush Dante.

Unfortunately, Palpatine's usage of Crush is limited. He does however, hint that his Choke is strong enough to crush walkers and so on in Book of Sith: Secrets of the Dark Side. I will give the quotes to you later if you desire.