Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

From what I gathered from playing the game.... stopped at "Level 16" I still don't see this Dante contending with any of the previous cast besides Lady.

Going with Nero

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Floopay

Awwwwww, I thought this was Nero the Sable.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EssentiallyHeroes

bump

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MorganFreeman

Haven't beaten the new DMC completely but I'm inclined to say Nero could handle what I've seen of Dante so far.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By GunGunW

Isn't Dante still really young in the new one?

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MorganFreeman

@GunGunW: He seems to be around the age he was in DMC3, possibly a bit younger.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeonGameWave

Nero wins and then begins to pound on New Dante`s face.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"This hand was made for sending emos like you back to hell!"

Nero stomps.

Caionsouza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Caionsouza

Nero

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nefarious

Nero should win.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Lunact_And_Manic said:

"This hand was made for sending emos like you back to hell!"

Nero stomps.

I don't know why people keep saying Dante is emo. He is a punk who does whatever he wants, not emo.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Magethor

@MorganFreeman said:

He was younger. When you hit the Devil Trigger, he transforms into DMC3 Dante. However, if you played DMC3 and beat the 1st stage, Dante sees Vergil and says something like, "Haven't seen you in years." Or something like that. In DMC you are introduced to Vergil as the twin brother. So it's probably 10 years or more.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Magethor said:

@MorganFreeman said:

He was younger. When you hit the Devil Trigger, he transforms into DMC3 Dante. However, if you played DMC3 and beat the 1st stage, Dante sees Vergil and says something like, "Haven't seen you in years." Or something like that. In DMC you are introduced to Vergil as the twin brother. So it's probably 10 years or more.

You make it sound like the original series and DmC are on the same timeline which they are not. DmC is in an alternate reality.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GunGunW

@UltimateHero0406: Isn't the new DMC the new canon?

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Magethor

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@Magethor said:

@MorganFreeman said:

You make it sound like the original series and DmC are on the same timeline which they are not. DmC is in an alternate reality.

I know that but I would have said, DMC1, which Dante is much older.

DMC1 Dante >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DMC Dante

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By slimj87d

Dante is pretty fast and strong. He also easily shook off being slammed out of a building 100s of stories below so he's quite durable as well. I think it's closer than everyone makes it seem. From the comments, it just sounds like DmC haters.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GunGunW: No. It's an alternate timeline. Even if you didn't hear that announcement from Capcom, you can tell because in this one, Dante's mother is an angel instead of human and his weapons looks different. And here he gets to fight Mundus early on unlike him meeting Mundus for the first time much later on in DMC1.

@Magethor: Of course. But any version of original Dante beats Nero pretty easily which is why I used this one.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GunGunW

@UltimateHero0406: Buuuuuuuuuuuut isn't the old series over? Like there won't be any more games in it?

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Sissel

@GunGunW: Not necessarily. They didn't say that they won't make any games in that series.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Nero beats this Dante.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GunGunW: Where did you hear that?

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gettogaara

Well I'm pretty biased considering any interest I had in DmC disappeared after playing the demo but I'd still say Nero takes it. I mean, he was able to contest with the original Dante who is both more experienced and more powerful on multiple fronts than new Dante.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By GunGunW

@UltimateHero0406: I just kind of assumed since the last main series DMC was five years ago and they started over.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gettogaara said:

Well I'm pretty biased considering any interest I had in DmC disappeared after playing the demo but I'd still say Nero takes it. I mean, he was able to contest with the original Dante who is both more experienced and more powerful on multiple fronts than new Dante.

I agree but for the record he wasn't much against DMC4 Dante. In the beginning, he was going very easy and admitted that he underestimated Nero. In round 2, Dante dropped Nero pretty easily.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jeanroygrant

Dante is too badass.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GunGunW: Well they could continue this one. But nobody ever said that the original was done, especially since it's leagues more popular. And with the fanbase rioting like it is, there's a good chance of Capcom scrapping this one.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Magethor

@gettogaara said:

Well, Dante was playing around afterall. But still, even if it were DMC3 Dante, he could still take out Nero while goofing off.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GunGunW

@UltimateHero0406: I don't know. I wouldn't put it past Capcom. this was one was really well received I honestly blame Sonic Colors for the reason why no modern Sonic game is any good at all anymore.

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GunGunW: Huh? Sonic Colors was the break in the clouds. It was the start of the good games like Generations.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GunGunW

@UltimateHero0406: Ehhhhh not really. Generations was vastly superior to Colors imo, but Colors was hard to sit through. Even the Colors level in Generations made me cringe having to sit through it. I can't stand the whole going back to 2D thing. The only 2D games I enjoy are New Super Mario Bros, and the newer ones are better anyway

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Magethor

@GunGunW said:

@UltimateHero0406: Ehhhhh not really. Generations was vastly superior to Colors imo, but Colors was hard to sit through. Even the Colors level in Generations made me cringe having to sit through it. I can't stand the whole going back to 2D thing. The only 2D games I enjoy are New Super Mario Bros, and the newer ones are better anyway

Well Generation was vastly Superior because it was based on the old Sonic games.

GunGunW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GunGunW

@Magethor: Exactly, especially the Adventure series.

gettogaara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By gettogaara

I know Dante wasn't going all out in his fights with Nero guys lol. I'm just saying, Nero was able to keep up with him and take all of his hits. He actually impressed Dante. I'm not so sure New Dante would be able to.

@UltimateHero0406 said:

@GunGunW: Well they could continue this one. But nobody ever said that the original was done, especially since it's leagues more popular. And with the fanbase rioting like it is, there's a good chance of Capcom scrapping this one.

Dude as much as I wish they would act like this never happened and come out with Devil May Cry 5, I don't see it happening. I'm pretty sure that if this one doesn't sell well then they'll just decide to retire the entire series since this was their attempt at a more realistic approach. And by the fan division, negative publicity and all of the better games coming down the line I doubt it will.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MorganFreeman

@gettogaara said:

I know Dante wasn't going all out in his fights with Nero guys lol. I'm just saying, Nero was able to keep up with him and take all of his hits. He actually impressed Dante. I'm not so sure New Dante would be able to.

It's more than just holding back though. When Dante had his sword to Nero's neck and pinned to the floor, Nero said Dante looked as though he was playing with him from the beginning. And Dante was. Just watch the bit where Dante holds Nero's arm and Nero tries to yank it free only for Dante to let go and have Nero stumble across the room. It's quite funny with the Benny Hill theme playing.

But DMC4 Dante really isn't fair to talk about. Neither Nero or DmC Dante are anywhere near DMC4 Dante.

As for DmC, I'm currently partway through the mission where Dante has to kill a succubus. The fact that Dante seemed uncertain about jumping down the hole towards the bottom makes me very skeptical about Dante. Even DMC3 Dante, the weakest of the DMC1-4 Dantes, jumped off a building as tall as a skyscraper and made it seem like a fun time while he fought enemies on the way down.

ygoox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ygoox

:

"jumped off a building as tall as a skyscraper and made it seem like a fun time while he fought enemies on the way down.

and it was a hell of a fall, took like what? 3 minutes? :D

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Magethor

@MorganFreeman said:

@gettogaara said:

It's more than just holding back though. When Dante had his sword to Nero's neck and pinned to the floor, Nero said Dante looked as though he was playing with him from the beginning. And Dante was. Just watch the bit where Dante holds Nero's arm and Nero tries to yank it free only for Dante to let go and have Nero stumble across the room. It's quite funny with the Benny Hill theme playing.

But DMC4 Dante really isn't fair to talk about. Neither Nero or DmC Dante are anywhere near DMC4 Dante.

As for DmC, I'm currently partway through the mission where Dante has to kill a succubus. The fact that Dante seemed uncertain about jumping down the hole towards the bottom makes me very skeptical about Dante. Even DMC3 Dante, the weakest of the DMC1-4 Dantes, jumped off a building as tall as a skyscraper and made it seem like a fun time while he fought enemies on the way down.

When I read your posts am I supposed to sound like you?

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MorganFreeman

@ygoox said:

and it was a hell of a fall, took like what? 3 minutes? :D

The cutscene is about 2 and a half minutes.

I rather like that first comment. Dante decides to jump off a skyscraper after a vicious fight with his brother which ended with Dante having a sword planted in his chest.

@Magethor said:

When I read your posts am I supposed to sound like you?

The whole reason I made my account name MorganFreeman was so I could remember to read everything in that delightful voice of his. :)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dondave

Nero ftw

EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MorganFreeman: Ikr, everything you say, I imagine coming from Mr. Freeman.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@morganfreeman: While it's clear that Dante was holding back in the fights, he was forced to exert some amount of effort in the 2nd as he was clearly seen panting for a moment after beating Nero and was even disarmed while at it. Heck, he was nearly forced to go all out on him when Nero was wailing on his face as shown when he briefly activated his devil trigger.

ssj4jw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@synchronized_123: That was more of a reflex from being punched with the Devil Bringer which resonates with Dante. Same thing happened in DMC 3 when the Tower awoke into its true from and Dante was flicking in and out of Devil Trigger.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nero beats this Dante, they're about the same age too but I think Dante is like 1 year older (19).

Anyway Nero takes the majority.

Ghetsiscmcvne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nero wrecks DINO

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers