• 64 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gammbitt (132 posts) - - Show Bio

My friend is convinced that there is no one in Marvel that can beat Dante from Devil Man Cry.  He wont listen to me i tried talkin to this man.  so if you guys can list a who and a how it would be most appreciated.

#2 Edited by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio

Constricter 
Yellowjacket 
Guardian 
Human Torch 
Venom(any) 
Patriot 
Thing  
Wonderman 
Beyonder(Dante stands no chance at all) 
Gambit 
Graviton 
Overmind(Very Very Very easily) 
Punisher
#3 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante kills half of superskrull's list. And no your friend is completely wrong, there are plenty of people who can kill Dante.

Moderator
#4 Posted by Gammbitt (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86:  he needs a how, or he wont be convienced
#5 Posted by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio

Beyonder destroys him with just one ounce of his power.

#6 Edited by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all, your friend is what anyone with a brain steam would classify as an "ignorant fanboy". 
 
Black Bolt. 
Beyonder. 
TOAA. 
Any Celestial. 
Any Proemial God. 
Any Elder God. 
Sentry. 
Chaos King. 
Hercules(before depowerment) 
Thor. 
Odin. 
Athena. 
Ares. 
Zeus. 
Dr. Strange. 
Ms. Marvel. 
Nova. 
Starlord. 
Scarlett Witch. 
Adam Warlock. 
Thanos. 
Drax. 
Galactus. 
Any of Galactus's Heralds. 
 
And that's just naming a few.

#7 Posted by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio

Silver Surfer,  encases him inside an adamantium sphere.

#8 Posted by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
Dante kills half of superskrull's list. And no your friend is completely wrong, there are plenty of people who can kill Dante.

Yeah, I know iwas implying that Dante is way way overrated.
#9 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86 said:
@god_spawn said:
Dante kills half of superskrull's list. And no your friend is completely wrong, there are plenty of people who can kill Dante.
Yeah, I know iwas implying that Dante is way way overrated.
Dante is one of my fave video game characters. I don't think he is overrated, but I do think some users on here blow him way out of proportion thinking he is a reality warper and comes back from nothing and has molecular manipulation powers, complete time control and other bullsh*t.
Moderator
#10 Posted by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio

Does your friend even know what Marvel is?

#11 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86 said:
Does your friend even know what Marvel is?
I doubt this "friend" is even real.
#12 Posted by Gammbitt (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86: lmao!
#13 Posted by Suiken_Seiji (520 posts) - - Show Bio

I think your friend may like Dante a little too much. There's a lot of people that can beat Dante. Some are just too durable, too strong, too fast, too powerful, maybe all of the above. Some of them Dante doesn't even have a defense against or an offense against.

#14 Posted by Gammbitt (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illuminatus: The whole thing came up when we were playing MVC3 and he beat me( i was using Marvel character, him Capcom) and then i said fuck that shit cause in a real fight capcom wouldnt stand a chance they would get erased my Marvel and he said "nope not Dante there is no one in Marvel who can beat Dante".  We've been arguing this for about this for like 3 days now
#15 Posted by Illuminatus (9489 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gammbitt said:
@Illuminatus: The whole thing came up when we were playing MVC3 and he beat me( i was using Marvel character, him Capcom) and then i said fuck that shit cause in a real fight capcom wouldnt stand a chance they would get erased my Marvel and he said "nope not Dante there is no one in Marvel who can beat Dante".  We've been arguing this for about this for like 3 days now
Try not to swear, the moderators won't appreciate that. 
 
Well, he's just an ignorant Dante fanboy. Dante wouldn't last very long in the MCU if he went around picking fights. As soon as he kills a hero, Ghost Rider comes along and Penance Stares him.
#16 Posted by Suiken_Seiji (520 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gammbitt
 
Here's a small list of characters and why. 
 
Thor, too powerful, too fast, too durable, too strong. Thor could literally throw his hammer and one shot him before he could blink. 
 
Ghost Rider. Dante has no offense against Ghost Rider or defense. The only thing Dante has going for him is better strength and speed by a large margin. But it won't help. Ghost Rider has had his head exploded, reduced to ash and bones, blown into nothingness and just comes back. Dante could use Yamato, and it still wouldn't help. He also has hell fire, which Dante has never experienced. Hell fire Ghost Rider possess, which burns you physically and burns your soul. Dante has a soul, and he will burn. Hell fire and fires of hell of fire from hell are completely different. Ifrit possess fires from hell, but not hell fire. Why I mention the difference between the two. 
 
Nova, he can literally just blast Dante into nothing like he did Ego, the planet 
 
Silver Surfer, too many ways he could beat Dante. 
 
Classic Juggernaut, no way for Dante to hurt Juggernaut. Juggernaut needs only one hit. Most Dante can do is annoy Juggs by staying away from him. 
 
Jean Grey and Emma Frost, literally could just beat him at the speed of thought. Jean with the Phoenix, do I need to tell you why?
 
Storm, could just flash freeze him, take the air out of his lungs, etc. 
 
Magneto. He would notice Dante before he could get close to him and just use his own weapons against him for the most part. 
 
Yeah... your friend don't know what he's talking about. I wouldn't even bother debating with him if he's going to start off with the idea that Dante can challenge Marvel.
#17 Posted by Gammbitt (132 posts) - - Show Bio
@Suiken_Seiji: Thnx, and i didnt mean to swear i was telling the story how it happened
#18 Posted by Fehafare (371 posts) - - Show Bio

There is allready a thread who can kill Dante, anyway he can be taken out by some guys, like thor. But if he goes full power then you need universal dudes to take him out.
#19 Posted by Fehafare (371 posts) - - Show Bio
@Suiken_Seiji
He can take out JUggeraunt with yamato pretty easy. No storm wouldn't do it at all.
A normal thor without Odinforce vs a Dante with yamato, thor loses. With odinforce he wins. 
I don't see how GR will damage Dante. 
Dante's weapons, are drakforged demonic weapons, they won't be affected by magneton at all, and even then, dante has a plenty of other weapons , can stop time and not to forget the speed of trickster, there is no way that magneton takes him down.
#20 Posted by TheBatman586 (6302 posts) - - Show Bio

There's plenty of characters in Marvel that would slaughter Dante, but for the sake of simplicity: TOAA.
You can't beat God.

#21 Edited by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante taking out the Juggernaut? ...
 
  
   
Albert Wesker w/ the cosmic cube could wreck Dante.
#22 Posted by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaron, the Rougue Watcher.

#23 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with you people? 
 
There is a guy who believes that Dante would beat the whole Marvel universe and you start throwing names like TOAA, Beyonder, Molecule Man and so on. Do you really think that he knows these characters?  ~_~
He probably only knows the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, maybe the Inhumans and probably the X-Men... Try to keep it on that level.
 
Hulk and Juggernaut would defeat Dante. Thof of course too.
Probably also the Thing, after a long, hard battle.
My guess is that Dante is on Warpaths level in terms of strenght, speed and reflexes. 
 
Black Bolt obviously... 
Probably also the Ghost Rider.
Jean Grey (Dark Phoenix) could take him out.
Iceman would be able to do it too. 
 
Hmmmm... That's probably it, I think...

#24 Posted by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gammbitt said:
My friend is convinced that there is no one in Marvel that can beat Dante from Devil Man Cry.  He wont listen to me i tried talkin to this man.  so if you guys can list a who and a how it would be most appreciated.

I think your friend is a little hardheaded.
#25 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

Did someone say Dante is a universal threat??

Moderator
#26 Posted by Fehafare (371 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn
lol yes i, with full power sparda edge you will need something universal to take him, down, as anything else won't  do s*it against him with sparda.
#27 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
Dante kills half of superskrull's list. And no your friend is completely wrong, there are plenty of people who can kill Dante.
Totally@Superskrull86 said:
Constricter Yellowjacket Guardian Human Torch Venom(any) Patriot Thing  Wonderman Beyonder(Dante stands no chance at all) Gambit Graviton Overmind(Very Very Very easily) Punisher
Is that Fing Wonderwoman?
#28 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fehafare said:
@god_spawn: lol yes i, with full power sparda edge you will need something universal to take him, down, as anything else won't  do s*it against him with sparda.
Wrong.
Moderator
#29 Posted by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio
@daak1212 said:
@god_spawn said:
Dante kills half of superskrull's list. And no your friend is completely wrong, there are plenty of people who can kill Dante.
Totally @Superskrull86 said:
Constricter Yellowjacket Guardian Human Torch Venom(any) Patriot Thing  Wonderman Beyonder(Dante stands no chance at all) Gambit Graviton Overmind(Very Very Very easily) Punisher
Is that Fing Wonderwoman?

Wonderman.
#30 Posted by daak1212 (7866 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superskrull86: Ah.
#31 Edited by dboyrules2011 (14671 posts) - - Show Bio

1 thor one shots dante
2 silver surfer too many ways for surfer too stomp dante
3 beta ray bill Bill one shots
4 Gladiator one shots
5 TOAA
6 dormammu stomps 
7 stomps
8 Nul Hulk
9 Sentry stable or the void stomps
10 juggernaut
11 Galactus one shots
12 thanos too many ways for thanos too stomp Dante
13 The living tribunal
14 etrinity
15 Hyperion
theres too many marvel characters that can stomp Dante your friend must be a big fan of Dante

#32 Posted by super_psycho (2789 posts) - - Show Bio
@Suiken_Seiji said:
@Gammbitt:  Here's a small list of characters and why.  Thor, too powerful, too fast, too durable, too strong. Thor could literally throw his hammer and one shot him before he could blink.  Ghost Rider. Dante has no offense against Ghost Rider or defense. The only thing Dante has going for him is better strength and speed by a large margin. But it won't help. Ghost Rider has had his head exploded, reduced to ash and bones, blown into nothingness and just comes back. Dante could use Yamato, and it still wouldn't help. He also has hell fire, which Dante has never experienced. Hell fire Ghost Rider possess, which burns you physically and burns your soul. Dante has a soul, and he will burn. Hell fire and fires of hell of fire from hell are completely different. Ifrit possess fires from hell, but not hell fire. Why I mention the difference between the two.  Nova, he can literally just blast Dante into nothing like he did Ego, the planet  Silver Surfer, too many ways he could beat Dante.  Classic Juggernaut, no way for Dante to hurt Juggernaut. Juggernaut needs only one hit. Most Dante can do is annoy Juggs by staying away from him.  Jean Grey and Emma Frost, literally could just beat him at the speed of thought. Jean with the Phoenix, do I need to tell you why? Storm, could just flash freeze him, take the air out of his lungs, etc.  Magneto. He would notice Dante before he could get close to him and just use his own weapons against him for the most part.  Yeah... your friend don't know what he's talking about. I wouldn't even bother debating with him if he's going to start off with the idea that Dante can challenge Marvel.
i agree with your list but dante will kill storm not sure about magneto....others can takeout dante
#33 Posted by IZZR (4283 posts) - - Show Bio
@jojjimbo said:
Silver Surfer,  encases him inside an adamantium sphere.
I smell serious B.S since when did that tin can get that ability
#34 Posted by Jezer (3172 posts) - - Show Bio
@Enzeru said:
What's wrong with you people?   There is a guy who believes that Dante would beat the whole Marvel universe and you start throwing names like TOAA, Beyonder, Molecule Man and so on. Do you really think that he knows these characters?  ~_~ He probably only knows the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, maybe the Inhumans and probably the X-Men... Try to keep it on that level.  Hulk and Juggernaut would defeat Dante. Thof of course too.Probably also the Thing, after a long, hard battle. My guess is that Dante is on Warpaths level in terms of strenght, speed and reflexes.   Black Bolt obviously...  Probably also the Ghost Rider.Jean Grey (Dark Phoenix) could take him out. Iceman would be able to do it too.    Hmmmm... That's probably it, I think...

^Someone address this post. 
 
I'm 100% sure The Thing wouldn't be able to take out Dante. However, it's been a while since I played the games. I vaguely remember something about Dante hitting a demon into space.
 
I'm pretty sure this person's guess about what level Dante is physically on is completely wrong. 
But, I'd rather someone more knowledgable on Devil May Cry answer.
#35 Posted by dboyrules2011 (14671 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR: you must love spite threads this is obvioulsy a spite argue this thread is very stupid and you know it
#36 Posted by Oghmata (21 posts) - - Show Bio

Two words :
Doctor. Strange.
Also friendly cute little guys like Apocalypse or Onslaught would finish him quickly. And kill him gently.

#37 Posted by Enzeru--defunct (2893 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jezer said:
Someone address this post.  I'm 100% sure The Thing wouldn't be able to take out Dante. However, it's been a while since I played the games. I vaguely remember something about Dante hitting a demon into space. I'm pretty sure this person's guess about what level Dante is physically on is completely wrong. But, I'd rather someone more knowledgable on Devil May Cry answer.
Well, the Thing can press his 70-80 tons and is extremly durable, yet still agile and a great brawler. He would be able to take the punishment much better then most of Dantes enemies.
Don't forget that we're talking about two different universes. While Sparda was an outstanding devil, who gave birth to two boys, who became stronger then most of the demons outthere, no matter what their status was.
 
I really believe that Dante is at Warpaths level in terms of strenght, stamina, durabilty and agility, while he is not as fast as Warpath (and they both can fly). And I'm also seeing Warpath being able to clear the games with the same feats as Dante. Well he can't heal like Dante obviously, so he would have to take the whole beating more seriously and not tanking damage like Dante did it more then once.
I played all of the games, and I own all of the games. I used to be a huge fan of the series and even had a crush on Vergil for a long time. And I'm a heterosexuall guy, yeah ...
But I still think that all of the Marvel characters I named would defeat Dante in a fight.
#38 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26850 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fehafare said:
@god_spawn: lol yes i, with full power sparda edge you will need something universal to take him, down, as anything else won't  do s*it against him with sparda.
#39 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jezer: Dante never hit a demon into space, he fought a demon in the sky once when Mundus did a whole teleportation deal of his domain before he and Dante fought in DMC1. If he did fling a demon into space probably happened in 2 which I hated so much my memory repressed much of the game or it happened in the last four episodes of the anime which I have yet to watch.  Dante should be able to beat the Thing quite easily actually I do agree there, Dante is much too fast for him. As for Warpath, Dante exceeds him in practically every stat. Idk  if you played for DMC4 but if you did there was one specific with a demon called the Savior. It was a massive stone demonic statue, and it threw a punch at Dante, Dante not only blocked the punch but supported the savior up and then flung it off his sword pretty easily. Think of Dante as an arguably low-moderate 100 class bullet timer with Wesker, Daken burst speed using Trickster and Wolverine's healing factor. He can arguably beat a lot of the lower 100 people due to his speed, strength, regen and weaponry.
Moderator
#40 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@Fehafare said:
@god_spawn: lol yes i, with full power sparda edge you will need something universal to take him, down, as anything else won't  do s*it against him with sparda.

lulz.  Agreed.
#41 Edited by jojjimbo (2463 posts) - - Show Bio
@IZZR said:

@jojjimbo said:

Silver Surfer,  encases him inside an adamantium sphere.
I smell serious B.S since when did that tin can get that ability
Um...since like always, he can do so with his high lvl matter manipulation/transmutation ....lets not forget all his great feats of matter manipulation/transmutation, which including turning steel into gold / transmuting rocks into gas and creating or recreating items out of thin air...now I'm not sure if his creating a black hole falls under matter manipulation or energy...which in any case, that alone trumps the creation of adamantium. and with all these great feats, some how you believe that adamantium is some thing above SS understanding? it's not like its some kind of celestial tech or a mystical ore(Mjolnir) its human tech which Surfer could easily replicate.
#42 Posted by blacharrt (1561 posts) - - Show Bio

like devil may cry Dante? seriously are they insane? he has to build up to power, and lots of people in marvel can kill him. Hell he would have trouble with Deadpool.

#43 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:
like devil may cry Dante? seriously are they insane? he has to build up to power, and lots of people in marvel can kill him. Hell he would have trouble with Deadpool.
Dante would slaughter deadpool effortlessly.
Moderator
#44 Posted by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio

Blade 
Cyclops 
Spidey 2099 
Cap
#45 Posted by progenitor (7533 posts) - - Show Bio

 
 
'nuff said.
#46 Edited by Jezer (3172 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:



                   

@Jezer

: Dante never hit a demon into space, he fought a demon in the sky once when Mundus did a whole teleportation deal of his domain before he and Dante fought in DMC1. If he did fling a demon into space probably happened in 2 which I hated so much my memory repressed much of the game or it happened in the last four episodes of the anime which I have yet to watch.  Dante should be able to beat the Thing quite easily actually I do agree there, Dante is much too fast for him. As for Warpath, Dante exceeds him in practically every stat. Idk  if you played for DMC4 but if you did there was one specific with a demon called the Savior. It was a massive stone demonic statue, and it threw a punch at Dante, Dante not only blocked the punch but supported the savior up and then flung it off his sword pretty easily. Think of Dante as an arguably low-moderate 100 class bullet timer with Wesker, Daken burst speed using Trickster and Wolverine's healing factor. He can arguably beat a lot of the lower 100 people due to his speed, strength, regen and weaponry.

                   

               

@Enzeru said:



                   

@Jezer

said:


Someone address this post.  I'm 100% sure The Thing wouldn't be able to take out Dante. However, it's been a while since I played the games. I vaguely remember something about Dante hitting a demon into space. I'm pretty sure this person's guess about what level Dante is physically on is completely wrong. But, I'd rather someone more knowledgable on Devil May Cry answer. 
  

Well, the Thing can press his 70-80 tons and is extremly durable, yet still agile and a great brawler. He would be able to take the punishment much better then most of Dantes enemies.
Don't forget that we're talking about two different universes. While Sparda was an outstanding devil, who gave birth to two boys, who became stronger then most of the demons outthere, no matter what their status was.

I really believe that Dante is at Warpaths level in terms of strenght, stamina, durabilty and agility, while he is not as fast as Warpath (and they both can fly). And I'm also seeing Warpath being able to clear the games with the same feats as Dante. Well he can't heal like Dante obviously, so he would have to take the whole beating more seriously and not tanking damage like Dante did it more then once. I played all of the games, and I own all of the games. I used to be a huge fan of the series and even had a crush on Vergil for a long time. And I'm a heterosexuall guy, yeah ... But I still think that all of the Marvel characters I named would defeat Dante in a fight.


                    

                   

  I can't decide which one of you to believe since you both are more knowledgable on Devil may Cry than me,
yet you both seem to be saying the opposite of the other.
('-' )

#47 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26850 posts) - - Show Bio
@blacharrt said:
like devil may cry Dante? seriously are they insane? he has to build up to power, and lots of people in marvel can kill him. Hell he would have trouble with Deadpool.
No Dante would Murder the unmurderable.
#48 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jezer: Well considering Warpath can't fly anymore and is down to I believe 25 tons. Classic Warpath might be able to handle a joking Dmc3 Dante, anything beyond that and once Dante get's serious Dante outclasses. 
Anyways here is a Dante respect thread I made, feel free to check it out and come up with your own conclusion and it's always on my blog as well if you lose the link,
Dante/Vergil Respect thread
Moderator
#49 Posted by Superskrull86 (1806 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:
@Jezer: Well considering Warpath can't fly anymore and is down to I believe 25 tons. Classic Warpath might be able to handle a joking Dmc3 Dante, anything beyond that and once Dante get's serious Dante outclasses. 
Anyways here is a Dante respect thread I made, feel free to check it out and come up with your own conclusion and it's always on my blog as well if you lose the link,
Dante/Vergil Respect thread

Warpath could totally take Dante. If you gave him Thor's hammer and Cyttorak.
#50 Posted by Jezer (3172 posts) - - Show Bio
@god_spawn said:


                    @Jezer: Well considering Warpath can't fly anymore and is down to I believe 25 tons. Classic Warpath might be able to handle a joking Dmc3 Dante, anything beyond that and once Dante get's serious Dante outclasses. 
Anyways here is a Dante respect thread I made, feel free to check it out and come up with your own conclusion and it's always on my blog as well if you lose the link,
Dante/Vergil Respect thread

                   

               

Thanks :D