Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mooty_Pass  Online

DOUBLE K.O!!!!

I don't know really. If I had to guess........mmmmmmm Dante.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante without too much trouble.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You make some of the weirdest battles lol.

Always hard to choose.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't think of much in Dante's arsenal that could reasonably be a threat to Magneto. Even weakened, his shields can withstand nuclear warheads without much issue.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Ardentias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

I can't think of much in Dante's arsenal that could reasonably be a threat to Magneto. Even weakened, his shields can withstand nuclear warheads without much issue.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Did Magneto's shields ever tanked spatial cutting?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante wins.

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Dante`s weapons are supernatural in nature so tanking warheads doesn`t mean much especially when Yamato is a dimensional cutting weapon and Dante has Quicksilver.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ardentias: I don't believe they have. But Dante usually uses those techniques to cut through mystic barriers and such last I checked, whereas he prefers to use his other techniques which have a much higher cutting power against normal foes. Cutting mystic barriers can often times be much different than cutting physical ones. I can name a few dozen examples of this. Lichdrow Dyrr vs. Gromph's Prismatic Sphere. Cloud Strife against Omega's tendrils. Etc.

Last I checked his best cutting feat was just before the fight with Saviour where he cut a skyscraper in half. Though arguably him penetrating Saviour's protective shell to strike his heart may have actually been a better piercing feat.

But even then there aren't many foes that Dante has faced that can match Magneto's base durability, even without his shields. Mags is a 100+ ton character with supersonic reflexes, and durability to stand up to even the likes of Colossus and Sebastian Shaw without shields.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante wins.

@floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Dante`s weapons are supernatural in nature so tanking warheads doesn`t mean much especially when Yamato is a dimensional cutting weapon and Dante has Quicksilver.

Quicksilver enhances his speed, but not to levels even beyond the likes of Magneto. It's debatable whether that style actually stops time, or just increases his speed to a level that allows him to view things seemingly stopped. However, by it's description, the latter is more likely. Which would explain why in the cinematics sometimes he can actually move as a blur to his opponents, as that would be an accurate representation of Quicksilver style in action.

Supernatural doesn't really mean anything unless it, in canon, can bypass a physical shell. Which we have seen against Saviour that it can't. We've also seen dozens of foes whose physical durability was enough to stand up to Dante's attacks, even against the likes of Pandora's box.

Either way though, we know Magneto can actually react at lightning speeds AND can affect supernatural weaponry. As proven with Mjonlir. It is actually possible for Mags to burden Dante to the point where movement is nigh impossible, at least not when wearing or using metal.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh
De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@ardentias: I don't believe they have. But Dante usually uses those techniques to cut through mystic barriers and such last I checked, whereas he prefers to use his other techniques which have a much higher cutting power against normal foes. Cutting mystic barriers can often times be much different than cutting physical ones. I can name a few dozen examples of this. Lichdrow Dyrr vs. Gromph's Prismatic Sphere. Cloud Strife against Omega's tendrils. Etc.

Last I checked his best cutting feat was just before the fight with Saviour where he cut a skyscraper in half. Though arguably him penetrating Saviour's protective shell to strike his heart may have actually been a better piercing feat.

But even then there aren't many foes that Dante has faced that can match Magneto's base durability, even without his shields. Mags is a 100+ ton character with supersonic reflexes, and durability to stand up to even the likes of Colossus and Sebastian Shaw without shields.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

These two feats show off Yamoto's best cutting feats. The one on the left being that it was able of penetrating through Nero's devil bringer which even Dante could not replicate. And the one on the right showing that it sliced through a dimensional wall. (note entry wound)

Its cutting powers are limitless unless you factor in PIS.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NeonGameWave

@floopay said:

Last I checked his best cutting feat was just before the fight with Saviour where he cut a skyscraper in half. Though arguably him penetrating Saviour's protective shell to strike his heart m

Floopay

This doesn`t say much. Dante has more than just cutting weapons he has the Sword of Sparda that has allowed him to beat Mundus (Hell Lord Level) and Gilgamesh`s raw power will probably enable Dante to break through his shields. Also, mystical barriers may be harder to cut actually due to the principle of ignoring physics. Magneto doesn`t always open up with shields and Dante has Royal Guard as well as Doppelganger they will surely help in regards to getting passed Magneto`s shields or at least countering them for the most part.

Both feats are him without having to go Devil Trigger (which doubles his stats) also he did both feats casually and Yamato has been shown to be able to cut through dimensions, reality, Nero`s invulnerable DB Arm and etc.

Mundus to me seems to fit the bill. He has better regeneration and can endure through a fight much longer also Dante`s attacks were breaking through his magical barriers (Mundus is the same one who can create pocket dimensions, demons, spells that cover an entire castle and etc.). Also his attacks were breaking through his asteroids and Dante without DT is massively hypersonic, 100+ ton (at minimum due to lifting the Savior`s entire arm and shift its position) also I don`t see how Colossus or Sebastian Shaw compare to The Savior, Abigail, Vergil and etc. Abigail was crushing skyscrapers without effort and effecting reality on a continental scale yet he couldn`t hurt Dante whatsoever.

Loading Video...

Mundus

Loading Video...

Abigail

Loading Video...

The Savior

Loading Video...

Royal Guard

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh: Those are both against characters who are specifically extradimensional. I can provide a series of objects that dwarf those feats against extradimensional characters, but couldn't cut a blade of grass.

You have to prove it has cutting power against something more durable than Mag's shields and body that isn't something specifically vulnerable to the attack. Plus, Dante isn't as skilled with it as his brother, and his techniques aren't as potent.

To top it off, that sword could very well be useless against Magneto. There is no evidence it's enchantments are anything more special than the magic weapons Magneto has faced, and he can very easily disarm Dante of all of his weapons. Which isn't a stretch considering his main power is electromagnetism.

As for limitless cutting power. Statements don't mean anything unless they are backed up, just because it was blocked, doesn't make it PIS. Statements<<<<Feats most of the time.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NeonGameWave

@floopay:

Quicksilver enhances his speed, but not to levels even beyond the likes of Magneto. It's debatable whether that style actually stops time, or just increases his speed to a level that allows him to view things seemingly stopped. However, by it's description, the latter is more likely. Which would explain why in the cinematics sometimes he can actually move as a blur to his opponents, as that would be an accurate representation of Quicksilver style in action.

It enhances his speed and can slow down/stop time. Dante at base is already massively hypersonic adding in DT boosts his stats also Magneto isn`t that impressive. By gameplay mechanics it slows down time but by canonical standard it stops time either way it will give Dante the advantage over Magneto. That`s just speculation which can also apply to Trickster, its just that Dante appears to "teleport" by outspeeding his opponents. However, that is a good point and I can see where you are coming from.

Loading Video...

Supernatural doesn't really mean anything unless it, in canon, can bypass a physical shell. Which we have seen against Saviour that it can't. We've also seen dozens of foes whose physical durability was enough to stand up to Dante's attacks, even against the likes of Pandora's box.

It means A LOT actually. We can`t assume that Magneto`s shields would be able to tank Dante`s attacks for long if it hasn`t been shown to be able to resist high-powered sources of magical supernatural energy. The Savior couldn`t be pierced by Nero and is composed of 2000 years of demonic energy which includes its composition being made from other demons so being able to pierce it is a great feat. Pandora`s Omen actually takes down most enemies which includes bosses and it stuns them, Magneto shouldn`t be any different.

Either way though, we know Magneto can actually react at lightning speeds AND can affect supernatural weaponry. As proven with Mjonlir. It is actually possible for Mags to burden Dante to the point where movement is nigh impossible, at least not when wearing or using metal.

I agree but Dante`s been doing that before his prime years. Dante has achieved re-entry level speed since DMC3 and DT doubles his speed capabilities so I would think that Dante is superior to Magneto when it comes to speed also this is disregarding Quicksilver, Bangle of Time and Chrono Heart. Dante`s more versatile than Thor and Doppelganger (a shadow clone of Dante) can prevent this also Dante can fly and teleport.

Loading Video...

Ardentias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

I don't believe they have. But Dante usually uses those techniques to cut through mystic barriers and such last I checked, whereas he prefers to use his other techniques which have a much higher cutting power against normal foes. Cutting mystic barriers can often times be much different than cutting physical ones. I can name a few dozen examples of this. Lichdrow Dyrr vs. Gromph's Prismatic Sphere. Cloud Strife against Omega's tendrils. Etc.

Actually the spatial cutting comes from Dante's Yamato and its in game entry

No Caption Provided

In terms of sheer AoE, that's the best however the cutting potency of Yamato is broken which is the main problem here

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh

These two feats show off Yamoto's best cutting feats. The one on the left being that it was able of penetrating through Nero's devil bringer which even Dante could not replicate. And the one on the right showing that it sliced through a dimensional wall. (note entry wound)

Saying that would be a wrong interpretation actually when you consider Dante clearly hold back and even admit that he underestimated Nero during that fight which also reflects on Rebellion's power level when you consider its been said that Rebellion is the physical manifestation of Dante's powers thus it's power depends on how much Dante holds back and how much power he utilizes

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: In the video provided it seems to slow things down by a lot, but doesn't stop them. You can see the rocks still falling during the video. Even moreso while the effect is wearing off.

The problem is that it has. Magneto was able to fight Doctor Doom's magic in classic era, and even through modern era contended with the likes of Thor. And even assuming the attacks get through, Magneto at base can trade blows with Thor and She Hulk. His shields even moreso.

In classic era he struggled with the likes of Quicksilver at Mach 5, in modern era he's fought off Northstar at blitzing speeds, as well as other speedsters who can at least match Dante in terms of speed.

Dante's an awesome character, but I think Mags just has too much for him. Mags can affect Dante's gear directly, even with Quicksilver, if his sword weights 10,000x it's normal weight, he's not going to be moving very fast or swinging it around very efficiently. Because no matter how fast he is, he's not outpacing electromagnetism. Mags doesn't have to affect Dante individually, he can blanket the entire battlefield in an electromagnetic field that would make him, and everything he wears weigh HUNDREDS of times more than it does. Remember, Magneto can tap into and alter Earth's own magnetic field and go so far as to affect gravity.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh: Those are both against characters who are specifically extradimensional. I can provide a series of objects that dwarf those feats against extradimensional characters, but couldn't cut a blade of grass.

You have to prove it has cutting power against something more durable than Mag's shields and body that isn't something specifically vulnerable to the attack. Plus, Dante isn't as skilled with it as his brother, and his techniques aren't as potent.

To top it off, that sword could very well be useless against Magneto. There is no evidence it's enchantments are anything more special than the magic weapons Magneto has faced, and he can very easily disarm Dante of all of his weapons. Which isn't a stretch considering his main power is electromagnetism.

As for limitless cutting power. Statements don't mean anything unless they are backed up, just because it was blocked, doesn't make it PIS. Statements<<<<Feats most of the time.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I don't understand where you are coming from at all I am afraid.

Yamoto has shown itself in the games and manga to slice through absolutlely anything in the DMC lore. It bypasses conventional durability but a ton. And the gif on the right was not about Vergil slicing at Arkham it was all about him Slicing an entry into a dimensional plain the entrance wound behind him is like 50 metres and being able to cut through a dimension is immeasurable so of course it can go through Magneto's shields. There has only been 1 case of PIS that is extremely inconsistant and thats it.

And if this where Vergil vs Magneto I would give you the benefit of the doubt saying in some situations Magneto would use electromagnetism to break apart Vergil's weapons and leave him defenceless. But since Dante has access to quicksilver the chances of this are next to none.

Yamoto has quite alot of feats by the way with statements backing it up.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ardentias: Dimensional cutting can mean something altogether different. That's why I prefer to base arguments on what something has been shown to do, over what it's said to be able to do. I have scans of characters bypassing shields that are literally indestructible with attacks, simply because the attack used specifically disrupted those shields. Against something like a wooden fence, it would be a useless attack.

Not saying Yamato is useless, just saying that dimensional cutting doesn't equal actually cutting. I've seen what the thing can do, but physically it's done nothing on the level of destroying Magneto's shields.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:

@neongamewave: In the video provided it seems to slow things down by a lot, but doesn't stop them. You can see the rocks still falling during the video. Even moreso while the effect is wearing off.

The problem is that it has. Magneto was able to fight Doctor Doom's magic in classic era, and even through modern era contended with the likes of Thor. And even assuming the attacks get through, Magneto at base can trade blows with Thor and She Hulk. His shields even moreso.

In classic era he struggled with the likes of Quicksilver at Mach 5, in modern era he's fought off Northstar at blitzing speeds, as well as other speedsters who can at least match Dante in terms of speed.

Dante's an awesome character, but I think Mags just has too much for him. Mags can affect Dante's gear directly, even with Quicksilver, if his sword weights 10,000x it's normal weight, he's not going to be moving very fast or swinging it around very efficiently. Because no matter how fast he is, he's not outpacing electromagnetism. Mags doesn't have to affect Dante individually, he can blanket the entire battlefield in an electromagnetic field that would make him, and everything he wears weigh HUNDREDS of times more than it does. Remember, Magneto can tap into and alter Earth's own magnetic field and go so far as to affect gravity.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

That`s because Dante poked the rock which caused it to move and it stopped hence why the rocks never reach him. Either way Quicksilver still gives Dante a HUGE advantage over Magneto in the long run.

Good point but that doesn`t mean that Dante lacks the power or the potency to contend with Magneto`s shields it also has its low showings as it does its high showings. That doesn`t say much because Dante fought Beowulf who operates on the levels of She-Hulk and Thing also I think fighting characters like Vergil is more impressive considering his speed level. Thor and She-Hulk are not as skilled or fast as Dante in the slightest.

Dante was Mach 5 at the age of 18 and while the latter is impressive, Dante still has teleportation over either of the two and that`s not counting time stop or Doppelganger.

Their both awesome characters I`m just wondering how many DMC games have you played and how much of the Lore do you understand? Dante`s more powerful than what people give him credit for. No he can`t, Dante`s weapons aren`t metal their composed of demonic souls (literal demons that Dante has defeated) which is why their called Devil Arms. Even if he could all Dante needs to do is stop time and Magneto will not be able to respond accordingly. I`m aware of all of Mangeto`s feats and the reason why that isn`t happening is because of Quicksilver and Doppelganger, Dante could just summon Doppelganger and it will attack Magneto from underneath or behind, gravity won`t be able to affect it.

Also, remember Dante has Royal Guard which will heal him and redirect Magneto`s attacks back at him also Dante has Majin Form which renders him invulnerable to harm.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Another HOF like myself arguing the same arguments.

No Caption Provided

Lets see how this ends.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep some people just don`t change....

De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

There are already feats that show Yamoto's physical capabilities mate

Well Yamoto being able to pierce through Nero's invulnerable devil bringer arm. Rebellion was capable of slicing reality warping objects clean in half and it was unable of penetrating Devil Bringer. While an old man plunges it inside with no effort at all. Huge leaps in power.

We also have the classic showing of Yamoto tearing down a hellgate. Which is essentially a portal to the demon world and Dante cuts it up with relative ease at distances of 700 metres.

As I said the Yamoto has an incredibly impressive track record of destroying supposedly indestructible objects even a dimension. If you want to bring up about how it could not cut the Saviour it was due to it being powered from the Sparda blade and Yamoto is unable of cutting through any other weapons created from Sparda. So its no suprise that Yamoto struggled piercing through due to it being powered from Spardas strongest weapon.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Floopay

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh: Do you have feats showing something withstanding an attack that could level several metropolises several times over? And then showing that Yamato can cut through it? Because that's what we need here.

Magneto's shields have stopped people like Kitty Pryde and other characters from phasing into or through him. As well as Vision and others. I just don't see why this attack would be any different.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh: Cutting a building is impressive, it really is, and I'm not trying to downplay Dante at all.

But Magneto isn't city level. This is a character who can affect the entirety of Earth's electromagnetic field with his powers. He can make Dante and all his equipment weigh 10,000 times more than it already does with his powers, making it impossible for him to even move. He can send and Electromagnetic Pulse out to fry Dante's neural impulses and render him unconscious or dead.

Dante cutting a building in half is child's play compared to an attack that would level NYC three times over.

@neongamewave Redirecting Magneto's attacks is impossible, as he can make them Omnidirectional, and they are useless against him in particular.

And She-Hulk was the weaker of foes that Magneto has consistently gone up against. Sebastian Shaw, Colossus, Thor (leagues above the rest), Iron Man, Doctor Doom, and etc. And these are all attacks that have proved useless against Magneto's shields, not things that have bypassed it. But even when his shields have been bypassed, he's withstood attacks from the majority of these characters without them. Including repulsor blasts and magic attacks from Doom.

And it's gone so far as to tank multiple nuclear warheads while he was in a weakened state. His shields are consistently pretty tough to get through.

And unless you can prove his equipment isn't affected by Gravity, and Dante isn't affected by Gravity, Magneto can absolutely make everything Dante uses weight 1000+ times what it normally does. Magneto has stopped Earthquakes that would top the world record in terms of the Richter Scale while simultaneously affecting the entirety of New York City.

He can also affect objects on a molecular level, and do a lot of other ridiculous things.

I've played most of DMC 1 and 2, and watched a good portion of 3 and 4. Also am currently playing DMC Definitive Edition.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

stl9997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

De-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

Vergil or Dante has never demonstrated cutting down several metropolis's down in a single swing. But thats not the point here though. The Yamoto is all about a slashes with huge concentrations of power into each one. Hence being able to distort space and being able to slice dimensional walls down. Kitty Pride or Vison has never demonstrated any feats such as cutting down dimensional walls either so why compare them to Vergil?

Has Magneto ever tanked his force fields getting sliced down by a weapon capable of cutting through dimensional walls/distort space? It is common knowledge that Yamoto can cut anything down.

I know you're not downplaying Dante at all so don't worry about that. I am just confused about how you're saying Yamoto cannot slice through a force field when it has shown it can slice through absolutlely anything excluding other Sparda weapons.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@de-ouzhi-ninh-millimetuh: Mjonlir could bend space and time with it's attacks, and affect dimensional barriers and distort space. Going so far as to break through Eighth Day Juggernaut's barriers, which at the time were strong enough to withstand Marvel's strongest attacks. Heck, his barrier withstood attacks that shook continents beneath his enemy's blows. And yet Mjonlir has been stopped both by Mag's shields and his baseline defenses.

And if Yamato could cut anything then there wouldn't be any bosses in DMC, just fodder. Again, statements meet story line and showings. It's a powerful weapon, but Magneto is a powerful opponent. An opponent who has feats on a planetary scale and can slap around entire rosters of characters who could destroy Skyscrapers as an aftereffect of their attacks.

I have no doubt Dante could put up a fight, but if I had to pick who would take the majority, I'd side with Magneto. His attacks don't even have to hit Dante individually, he can blanket a city sized area in an instant, and can comprehend things moving at speeds near Quicksilver Style level. In fact, at one point he called Northstar slow. Someone who can move at lightspeeds. As well as tagging his consciousness along with Monica Rambeau while she was moving at lightspeeds. He has quite a few reaction feats to put him on Dante's level.

To top it off all of his attacks happen at near light to FTL speeds, as they are done through heavily empowered electromagnetism.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NeonGameWave

@floopay

Redirecting Magneto's attacks is impossible, as he can make them Omnidirectional, and they are useless against him in particular.

He doesn`t really have to redirect it he can heal from it use Royal Release to pass through it or just absorb his attacks and redirect at the right time, also Royal Release will take care of Mag`s omnidirectional attacks.

And She-Hulk was the weaker of foes that Magneto has consistently gone up against. Sebastian Shaw, Colossus, Thor (leagues above the rest), Iron Man, Doctor Doom, and etc. And these are all attacks that have proved useless against Magneto's shields, not things that have bypassed it. But even when his shields have been bypassed, he's withstood attacks from the majority of these characters without them. Including repulsor blasts and magic attacks from Doom.

Same goes for Dante with Beowulf only he didn`t have to try as much. Beowulf is actually around Colossus` level, Abigail is pretty impressive, and I wouldn`t put Magneto over Doom. The difference is those characters aren`t going to fighting the way in which does he will use Quicksilver to string combos and their not as skilled as Dante. That`s different than resisting cutting damage though also remember Quicksilver would enable Dante to deal more damage.

And it's gone so far as to tank multiple nuclear warheads while he was in a weakened state. His shields are consistently pretty tough to get through.

That`s a good feat but not good enough to say that Magneto would be able to resist Dante`s hax, Yamato should be able to bypass his shields and over-time, Dante will weaken his shields especially with Quicksilver and Doppelganger helping him out.

And unless you can prove his equipment isn't affected by Gravity, and Dante isn't affected by Gravity, Magneto can absolutely make everything Dante uses weight 1000+ times what it normally does. Magneto has stopped Earthquakes that would top the world record in terms of the Richter Scale while simultaneously affecting the entirety of New York City.

Now this makes more sense but as I said before Quicksilver makes it pretty much void since Magneto won`t be able to do anything once he`s frozen in time and he still can`t affect Doppelganger which can also equip weapons as Dante does. Very impressive but the dynamic would apply differently to a combat situation he can`t do that once he`s frozen in time under the effects of Quicksilver.

He can also affect objects on a molecular level, and do a lot of other ridiculous things.

I don`t see how that`s going to bother Dante its a neat trick but how will it give him the win is the question.

I've played most of DMC 1 and 2, and watched a good portion of 3 and 4. Also am currently playing DMC Definitive Edition.

Cool :)

For me I have ALL the games and beaten all of them, read the manga, watched the anime and plan on getting the canon DMC Volume 2 novel. And I think you mean DmC Definitive Edition right? That`s non-canon to the universe of DMC.

I think you will like these threads =D

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/dante-ultimate-respect-thread-1632052/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/dante-ultimate-respect-thread-2-1632631/

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Aren't Dante's weapons made of metal?

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By XioKenji
@20damon said:

@floopay: Aren't Dante's weapons made of metal?

Demonic/Angelic metal.... you know...

Technically Mags can't control them , unless he controlled alien metals.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji:As far as i know Magneto is not limited by nature of the metal, so long as it is metal. As Floopay pointed out, he's done it with bloody Mjolnir.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon said:

@xiokenji:As far as i know Magneto is not limited by nature of the metal, so long as it is metal. As Floopay pointed out, he's done it with bloody Mjolnir.

Thor`s hammer is different though. Dante`s weapons are literally just demon souls that have taken the form of a weapon after being defeated and even then Dante has Quicksilver so he could stop time.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By 20damon

@neongamewave I don't know this well enough to judge, i'm holding off my vote until people that are wiser than i agree/disagree if Magneto can affect Dante's weapons.

Ardentias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay:

Dimensional cutting can mean something altogether different. That's why I prefer to base arguments on what something has been shown to do, over what it's said to be able to do.

How can it be something different altogether? Dimension and dimensional barriers have one meaning, and cutting through them as explained in the description is practically outright offensive space manipulation in a cutting based method and there are actually plenty of characters in fiction who has the same power.

I have scans of characters bypassing shields that are literally indestructible with attacks, simply because the attack used specifically disrupted those shields. Against something like a wooden fence, it would be a useless attack.

So? The point is, we are not talking about some random fictional shield and its properties, what we have in hand is ''dimensional barriers'' a common concept that applies in all of the fiction. In fact, let's give your logic a try here, can Magneto and his shields survive having the space that they exist inside being distorted and cut? Since there is the disruption of a certain thing which in our case is the very space itself and the specific attack that disrupts it which again is Yamato

Not saying Yamato is useless, just saying that dimensional cutting doesn't equal actually cutting. I've seen what the thing can do, but physically it's done nothing on the level of destroying Magneto's shields.

How does it not equals to actually cutting? You have been claiming its something entirely different but you are yet to give a valid reason for that and the only argument you presented is actually off topic though it supports my own claim.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: I think Dante's an awesome character, but Magneto's shields don't weaken. They are either bypassed or they aren't. It's only him that weakens over time.

And I've already posted example of Magneto's speed and reflexes. Quicksilver Style is an advantage, but not a HUGE advantage. Magneto has reacted twice to Northstar as far as I remember, he's tagged his consciousness onto Monica Rambeau while she was moving at lightspeeds, and he's also called Northstar slow and stated Quicksilver to be faster. Which is another character he has reacted to on multiple occasions. Quicksilver may make Dante fast, but not leagues above Magneto's reflexes.

You gotta remember, Magneto can affect things at lightspeeds, and he doesn't have to TARGET Dante. If Magneto blankets a city sized area with his attacks (which he's done to NYC before, which is almost two dozen miles wide in Manhattan alone), I don't think Dante has much of a chance to dodge.

Molecule Manipulation

He can atomize people and objects, that's how it gives him an advantage. He's gone so far as to destabilize adamantium with his attacks, and actually disintegrate people. He has used this to destabilize and shatter the likes of Apolcalypse, who is empowered by Celestial devices. And deatomized other people, and beings.

There's a point where he reconstructs a cosmic being, The Sleeping Celestial, under his own power.

Summary

I respect Dante, I really do. But Magneto is a planetary level threat or better. He's consistently shown to have the ability to fight Marvel's best, and he's fast enough, on panel, to react to near lightspeed characters. To top it off, he can jam any psychic abilities Dante has, he can fry his brain, he can affect things molecularly, alter gravity, and withstand attacks from the best of them. I just wouldn't pick Dante in a majority, is all I'm saying here.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon said:

@neongamewave I don't know this well enough to judge, i'm holding off my vote until people that are wiser than i agree/disagree if Magneto can affect Dante's weapons.

Fair enough.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ardentias:

So? The point is, we are not talking about some random fictional shield and its properties, what we have in hand is ''dimensional barriers'' a common concept that applies in all of the fiction. In fact, let's give your logic a try here, can Magneto and his shields survive having the space that they exist inside being distorted and cut? Since there is the disruption of a certain thing which in our case is the very space itself and the specific attack that disrupts it which again is Yamato

Magneto himself distorts space with his electromagnetism, and it's gone so far as to stop others from being able to distort space or alter their composition to bypass his shields. So yes, his shields should be able to stand up to this kind of attack. If that helps at all.

And my argument is pretty simple. What Magneto's shields have tanked, thus far, > Dante has done in terms of physical damage and attacked physically. Therefore Magneto's shields should be able to block Dante's attacks.

@xiokenji Yes, they have affected alien metals. He has affected Uru, Adamantium, Vibranium, Celestial metals (whatever those are), and several others.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Great points all around, I was going to respond to each point but I decided to showcase Quicksilver again, you did not respond to this argument yet, no matter how fast Magneto may seem he isn`t beating out Quicksilver.

Loading Video...

And based on what you showed me Magneto hasn`t used those kind of abilities on someone of Dante`s level especially with the kind of healing factor that he has. Apocalypse and etc. are great but how does that change the fact that Dante has a nigh-infinite healing "factor" going for him? Also remember that`s without DT, Majin and Dreadnaught (the last two make him impervious to all attacks so Dante should do fine against molecular manipulation and brain function manipulation as well). Dante`s healing factor without the use of DT is on par with Deadpool, Wolverine and Hulk`s healing factors (although Dante heals at a much faster rate while these awesome Marvel characters can survive from more ridiculous things due to how comics are usually written most of the time).

Loading Video...

Dante with Quicksilver + Sword of Sparda + Yamato wouldn`t be a more dynamical threat to you?

But as always you bring up astounding points and your debating style is super-amazing =D

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But as always you bring up astounding points and your debating style is super-amazing =D

This i wholeheartedly agree with.

DevilGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante can speedblitz Magneto you know ?

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dante can speedblitz Magneto you know ?

iirc Mags has reacted to hypersonic stuff.

DevilGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji: Like what ?

North Star, Quicksilver, Lightning, Photon, and a Lightspeed bullet in random part of the universe.

Ardentias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay

Magneto himself distorts space with his electromagnetism, and it's gone so far as to stop others from being able to distort space or alter their composition to bypass his shields. So yes, his shields should be able to stand up to this kind of attack. If that helps at all.:

First the fact he can distort space on his own is a a bit irrelevant here and secondly can you explain the context behind stopping others? Since there would lots of facts to interpret after that point

And my argument is pretty simple. What Magneto's shields have tanked, thus far, > Dante has done in terms of physical damage and attacked physically. Therefore Magneto's shields should be able to block Dante's attacks.

So is mine. You are yet to show me Magneto's shields tanking sword slashes that can cut through space therefore Yamato should be able to cut Magneto's shields

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neongamewave: The problem with the Quicksilver Style is that it's very vague about how it works. If you watch the video, it initially pauses. Dante doesn't breath or move. But then, when it shows him start moving, you can see ALL of the rocks around him start falling, not just the one he's poking at. This means it doesn't STOP time, it merely slows time. By gameplay, he STOPS time, but that's not even necessarily true either. If he moved time down to 1/100th it's normal speed, everything may as well be stopped from our perspective, so there's no real way of knowing how slow he makes time.

And even at 1/10,000th normal speed, Dante still wouldn't be above Magneto's speed/reflexes, and Quicksilver Style wears off, and drains Dante's reserves.

As for healing factors, that's kind of a null point. He's affect Wolverine and his admantium, and gone so far as to affect a planetary+ level being (Sleeping Celestial) on a molecular level to put him back together. He's also blown apart Apocalypse, who has a healing factor. The problem with Dante's resistances, is that it's really hard to just count Magneto out, as Apocalypse had completely control over his molecular body, to the point where he could give/remove/alter his powers and abilities on an extreme level.

As for your last video, you can actually see beings still moving while Quicksilver Style is active, they just move slower. And those things can't move/react at lightspeeds like Magneto. Magneto's powers act as fast as he can think, and with Monica Rambeau we know he can think/process at lightspeeds if necessary. While his physical body might not move that fast, we've seen for a fact that his powers can react that fast, as they aren't limited by his body, they are limited by his mind.

I appreciate that. I just try to be respectful. And again, I'm not saying Dante CANNOT win, I'm just debating why I'd side with Magneto most of the time. Even if Dante can heal back and recover, the problem is whether or not Magneto will let up long enough for his healing factor to be a factor. Again, he can do things at lightspeeds, and affect people half a planet away from himself. As well as track people moving at light+ speeds. So even in Quicksilver, when Dante is moving at extreme hypersonics, it's just not leagues above Mag's reflexes.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By XioKenji

@devilgamer said:

@xiokenji: Like what ?

Can't find the scan , looking.

He controlled a bullet from outer space and directed it into earth with pen point accuracy , not sure if that counts.

DevilGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DevilGamer

@xiokenji: Magneto need to react atleast faster than a lightning, Dante in his normal form can go at that speed, proves (DMC1, DMC4 and anime)

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ardentias: It can stop astral energies from bypassing it, which is an otherworldly form of energy. This was shown when any one of a number of characters have tried to TP him, or affect him in that manner. He stopped Vision and Kitty Pryde from phasing into him on multiple occasions. He can open/close wormholes by distorting space/time, as shown against multiple people actually. Against Doom and I think Scarlet witch he's stopped magical bolts of energy from bypassing his shields.

He can't be affected by others TK due to his electromagnetism, and I could probably find a few other feats. Hopefully those help, but basically his powers can already mimic what Yamato can do, and has stopped others from using their powers to bypass his shields.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiokenji: Magneto need to react atleast faster than a lightning, Dante in his normal form can go at that speed, proves (DMC1, DMC4 and anime)

Well he fodderized a speedster , not sure how fast the speedster was but I'm sure he's atleast faster than lightning

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I appreciate that. I just try to be respectful. And again, I'm not saying Dante CANNOT win, I'm just debating why I'd side with Magneto most of the time.

Cool =D

I understand where you are coming from.

What is your opinion on the respect threads?

And where would you rank Dante (at full power with all equipment) within the Marvel and DC universes?

Also don`t you agree that he could beat Mephisto (Mundus is around that level and I explained why in multiple threads).

Just want to hear your opinion :)