Dante vs. Kratos

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By progenitorigin
@Jezer said:
"@progenitor said:
"@Jezer said:
"While Kratos would indeed win this fight, I have to disagree with some things said.  No, Hermes did not run at the speed of light, in the game.  If he did, you really wouldn't have even seen him move.  When you turn on a light switch, do you see the light fade in from the bulb and surrounding area - to the farthest reaches of the room? Or, does it appear instantly everywhere?   Would there be a difference if you were turning on the light in a bigger room, like an auditorium? No. Because that's how fast light travels across such small areas. It appears neary instantaneous. On the otherhand, though fast, you could see Hermes move from area to area.  Also, in terms of this matchup, I doubt we'd allow the he only uses it in small bursts. That was simply a limitation placed in the game. The same way that if Kratos has the Olympian Sword, he can pull it out anytime. Yet, in the game, he could only pull it out when his thing (that bar. forgot what it was.)was full. Would you impliment that in a real life fight? No. Same for his limitations on using Hermes shoes the way Hermes did. "
Hermes wasn't moving at the speed of light because he was taunting Kratos to chase him, if you remember in the game when Hermes runs up the chains to Olympus, it was in a complete blur, and it took Kratos time to climb up the chain only to find Hermes sitting atop taunting him.  Hermes is definitely capable of moving FTL, being the messenger of the gods, but for PIS reasons, they had to allow Kratos to get his hands on Hermes to take his boots.  Kratos was able to use the Blade of Olympus during berserkergang, in the game the mechanics made it so the more he killed, the more the bar was filled, so you can only imagine that storyline-wise, him going berserkergang and using the Blade of Olympus occurred when Kratos was absolutely bloodlusted.  It's hard to really argue the stats of the gods in the series, because of the fact that most of them were effected by the evil's released from Pandora's box, it effected each of them in a certain way, which made them all act uncharacteristically, which is a huge reason why Kratos was able to take advantage and kill them.  Each of them had a madness within them, which caused their behavior to change from that which was normal, so sensibly, you would have to assume that without unleashing Pandora's box, the gods would have been impossible to kill.  I mean, even in this first game, before Pandora's box occurred, Ares picked up a pillar and hurled it across the world like a spear and killed Kratos.  That's partly why I have an issue with people saying the gods in the GoW series were weak, even in mythology, the gods are only wounded if they allow it so in the situation, even Heracles acted uncharacteristically, which even Kevin Sorbo said in being interviewed about voicing the Herc in GoW3.  To try and logically explain how the powers work which Kratos has, you have to ignore the game mechanics and focus moreso on what's said in storyline. "

I don't think you understand the how fast the speed of light is. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfhfT9yMhS8 
Go to 4:00 and you'll see him running across the chains of Olympus. 

Yeah, quite the fast blur. However, that is nowherenear the speed of light. 

It took him at least 5 seconds to cross that length. 

Light travels across the length of the earth in 1/10th a second. 
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006042439064  At that point, he wasn't simply taunting Kratos. He was traveling across those chains. He wasn't looking back to see if Kratos was following. There wouldn't be a point, his destination was within view of Kratos.  There's no reason to assume that was intentionally slowing down his speed at that moment, for any reason. That he wasn't going near full speed or at least standard speed. There's no reason to assume that he can travel exponentially faster than how he did in that moment.  Again, do you see light blur from your lightbulb to the edges of the room? No, we percieve it as instantaneous. "

True, thank you for correcting me, so that proves that in that situation he wasn't moving at the speed of light, game-wise, they probably wouldn't have done that simply because it would have been nigh impossible to do that and keep the player focused on the character moving that fast.  In any event, I still think that the speed which Hermes could move and the mystic boots he wore could still blitz Dante.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Jezer

Possibly. I forget how fast Dante moves. I didn't really like the games.

Can you or someonelse look for a vid showcasing his speed?

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By progenitorigin
@Jezer said:
"

Possibly. I forget how fast Dante moves. I didn't really like the games.

Can you or someonelse look for a vid showcasing his speed?

"

I wasn't a fan of the DMC games either, so I wouldn't know where to look, but maybe someone else could.  Either way, I think my vote still goes to Kratos.
SilverSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SilverSentry

manx422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By manx422

Gods in GoW were not that impressive imo
Dante wins

AizenN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AizenN

Full power? you mean Kratos got all of his God power plus the power he got inside the Pandora's box, plus all the power that the god gave to him in order to defeat Ares, plus all the weapons he gained by killing those gods, plus the rage he gained by seeing he killed his own family? plus the hope that he gained by fighting Zeus? if thats what you mean.. then I say " good bye Dante its nice knowing you.. and your game really cool..."

BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By BattleMage

Dante 

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By progenitorigin

I go with Kratos.
crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By crmidnight

Kratos would lose here, and this is why... 

FIGHTING:
For one, I believe his strength is his only good feat. His H2H hasn't shown to be anything spectacular. He seems  
more of a brawler if anything. I believe most of his victories are due to the fact that he can over power his opponent. 
As for his skill and strategy, not even. He swings his blades with no game plan in hopes he wins. That's the only vibe  
he gives me... :P 

On the other hand, Dante has demonstrated some fairly decent H2H feats, especially at the begining of DMC3. It wasn't 
much, but much better and more SSSTYLISH than anything Kratos has shown. :P Not to mention, Dante is a Dead Aim marks 
man and a genius with a bladed weapon... or any weapon for that matter.  

WINNER: Dante, due to better skills, better weapons, better H2H, and better Tactics.

SPEED: 
Kratos is pretty slow... Even with the Hermes boots, he still doesn't seem that fast... I hate to say. And for those who believe 
the boots boost his regular speed... They don't. Just watch the cutscenes after you obtain them. He still walks and runs normal 
for the most part. The boots only give him small boosts of speed. Kratos reaction time sucks, due to the fact that he was impaled by a  
Spike that he didn't see coming in GOW, In GOW2 he impaled Athena (Kinda relates back to his sloppy combat... :P) and in GOW3, Hephastus 
was able to land a sneak attack, but if that's not good enough for you, it took Kratos long enough to catch and kill Hermes. What about when  
Zeus threw lightning at him and Gaia... Kratos was absolutely helpless, to say the least. :P

On the other hand, Dante is fast as hell. Maybe not speed of light or flash fast (Hell no), but a hell of a lot faster than Kratos for sure. 
Not just that, but his reaction times are unparallelled. I mean, the dude can see bullets flying towards him, can react almost, if not as fast 
as, Deathstroke, IMHO. Want some examples? Well, in DMC 3 when Lady was shooting at him, he was deflecting all her bullets with his own 
WITHOUT hitting her or anything else. When Vergil sent his bullets flying back at him, he was able to react quick enough to slice them in half 
so he didn't get hit. In DMC4, He did a pretty good job deflecting Nero's bullet(s). By far, those reactions and speed are FAR superior to anything  
Kratos has shown. 

WINNER: Dante, curbstomp. 

STRENGTH: 
This is Kratos' bread and butter. He's all about strength and has pulled of some remarkable feats, such as breaking Chronos' grip, Overpowering 
Hercules, etc, etc, etc... The list just keeps going on. When is comes to strength, Kratos is a hardcore bada$$! Without repeating myself too much, 
I will say that if Kratos ever has an advantage over soemone, it's definately strength. 

Dante, while probably isn't as strong as Kratos strength wise, is no slouch. One of his best showings was when he stopped that giant statues hand. 
While some argue that the statue gave out as Dante was preparing to stop it, point is, he felt confident enough to do it and had braced himself for it.  
Dante isn't a dumbass and wouldn't have tried it if he knew he couldn't do it. He would have kept dodging it all day like he was for the whole rest of the fight. 
Other than that, I think we can all agree that he has above average strength. Not as much as Kratos, but enough to get the job done. 

WINNER: Kratos 

SMARTS: 
Let's be honest here.... Kratos is a dumbass.... In no way is he intellegent, whether it be Strategic, Book, common sense... whatever. Yeah, go ahead and  
say that he was the General of the Spartan army, but I don't think he got there by brains.... It was most likely by strength. I mean, he IS a Demi-God. :P Not  
to mention, wasn't the Spartan Army getting Curbstomped by the Barbarians before Kratos pleaded for his life? Yeah... Also, he was actually stupid enough 
to drain all his power into the Blade of Olympus... Then he got KILLED with it. Sure, he got it back and got his revenge, but he was dumb enough to try it in 
the first place. 

Dante is a fighting Genius. He can pick up a weapon and know exactly HOW to use it. He's also a pretty good strategist as well, and I think DMC4 has proven 
that. I don't believe he's fallen into any stupid OBVIOUS traps or anything like that... I really don't have to stress this one much, so I will move on. 

WINNER: Dante, EPIC CURBSTOMP. 

WEAPONS: 
Kratos has some pretty fly weapons in his arsenal, but at the same time, some of them are absolutely stupid. (Artemis Blade, Barbarian Hammer...) and these 
weapons do pack a punch. They are POWERHOUSE weapons and have done some pretty sick things. He is pretty proficient with them and uses them with  
greatness... Then again, none of his weapons are too complex... :P

Dante has some very epic weapons of his own, but at the same time has his fair share of crappy weapons (Gilgamesh, Lucifer....). At the same time, he 
masters his weapons when he first TOUCHES them. He has dead aim, and has never misses, as far as I can see. Hell, he was able to jam Yamato into 
the Saviors heart with a few bullets by making them all hit eachother! That's just dope. Overall, I think Dante has BETTER weapons. Pandora, Rebellion, 
Sparda, Agni and Rudra, Beowulf... 

WINNER: Dante, but closer than you'd think. 

OVERALL: 

I think even a full power Kratos wasn't that much. He said it himself... "The God's overrate themselves". In fact, IIRC, it seems like Kratos didn't even break a sweat,  
let alone have TOO much trouble killing some of these Gods and titans with the given skills that he has. From it, I'm obligated to believe that they were weak as hell to  
begin with. You look at them and tell me they have shown some incredible feats. NO! Like I said, it's all about brute strength and a few lucky shots for Kratos... Maybe 
some blood lust as well. 

As for Dante, many have said before, and yes it is true, that he has never shown his FULL POWER. That's because he's never serious when he fights. He owns people 
without getting to serious, and some great powerful foes he has owned. I think the only time I saw him get serious was in his Encounters with Vergil, but that's because 
he was new to the gig and his powers have just awakened. Also, let's not forget his DevilTrigger.... IMO, DT > Kratos Rage. He gets new abilities, new feats, and much stronger, 
too... Not to mention, his healing factor gets more extreme as well. When Kratos goes into rage, he gets a little faster and a little stronger... Not by rediculous levels, though. :P 

Yeah, a full power Kratos seems to be a great win at first, but when its' broken down, I hardly feel its' the case. Besides, what's so different about GOW2 Kratos and GOW3 Kratos? 
To be honest, i thought he was stronger in GOW2...
Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Dante. He's taken on demons with god level power also he has GUNS!

crmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By crmidnight
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
Dante. He's taken on demons with god level power also he has GUNS!

That, plus all of the reasoning I have stated before. Let's also not forget his Crazy healing factor. 
In fact, Wasn't Kratos killed in almost all of his games? He died from getting Impaled... :P 
Dante has been inpaled in his games as well, but just shakes it off like NOTHING. He's been 
electrocuted and even set on fire and still nothing.... Kratos cannot honestly say the same... 

Dante stomps Kratos here, 9/10
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By progenitorigin

Gotta go with Vengeance Kratos.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jezer
@crmidnight said:
Kratos would lose here, and this is why...   FIGHTING:For one, I believe his strength is his only good feat. His H2H hasn't shown to be anything spectacular. He seems  more of a brawler if anything. I believe most of his victories are due to the fact that he can over power his opponent. As for his skill and strategy, not even. He swings his blades with no game plan in hopes he wins. That's the only vibe  he gives me... :P  On the other hand, Dante has demonstrated some fairly decent H2H feats, especially at the begining of DMC3. It wasn't much, but much better and more SSSTYLISH than anything Kratos has shown. :P Not to mention, Dante is a Dead Aim marks man and a genius with a bladed weapon... or any weapon for that matter.   WINNER: Dante, due to better skills, better weapons, better H2H, and better Tactics. SPEED: Kratos is pretty slow... Even with the Hermes boots, he still doesn't seem that fast... I hate to say. And for those who believe the boots boost his regular speed... They don't. Just watch the cutscenes after you obtain them. He still walks and runs normal for the most part. The boots only give him small boosts of speed. Kratos reaction time sucks, due to the fact that he was impaled by a  Spike that he didn't see coming in GOW, In GOW2 he impaled Athena (Kinda relates back to his sloppy combat... :P) and in GOW3, Hephastus was able to land a sneak attack, but if that's not good enough for you, it took Kratos long enough to catch and kill Hermes. What about when  Zeus threw lightning at him and Gaia... Kratos was absolutely helpless, to say the least. :P On the other hand, Dante is fast as hell. Maybe not speed of light or flash fast (Hell no), but a hell of a lot faster than Kratos for sure. Not just that, but his reaction times are unparallelled. I mean, the dude can see bullets flying towards him, can react almost, if not as fast as, Deathstroke, IMHO. Want some examples? Well, in DMC 3 when Lady was shooting at him, he was deflecting all her bullets with his own WITHOUT hitting her or anything else. When Vergil sent his bullets flying back at him, he was able to react quick enough to slice them in half so he didn't get hit. In DMC4, He did a pretty good job deflecting Nero's bullet(s). By far, those reactions and speed are FAR superior to anything  Kratos has shown.  WINNER: Dante, curbstomp.  STRENGTH: This is Kratos' bread and butter. He's all about strength and has pulled of some remarkable feats, such as breaking Chronos' grip, Overpowering Hercules, etc, etc, etc... The list just keeps going on. When is comes to strength, Kratos is a hardcore bada$$! Without repeating myself too much, I will say that if Kratos ever has an advantage over soemone, it's definately strength.  Dante, while probably isn't as strong as Kratos strength wise, is no slouch. One of his best showings was when he stopped that giant statues hand. While some argue that the statue gave out as Dante was preparing to stop it, point is, he felt confident enough to do it and had braced himself for it.  Dante isn't a dumbass and wouldn't have tried it if he knew he couldn't do it. He would have kept dodging it all day like he was for the whole rest of the fight. Other than that, I think we can all agree that he has above average strength. Not as much as Kratos, but enough to get the job done.  WINNER: Kratos  SMARTS: Let's be honest here.... Kratos is a dumbass.... In no way is he intellegent, whether it be Strategic, Book, common sense... whatever. Yeah, go ahead and  say that he was the General of the Spartan army, but I don't think he got there by brains.... It was most likely by strength. I mean, he IS a Demi-God. :P Not  to mention, wasn't the Spartan Army getting Curbstomped by the Barbarians before Kratos pleaded for his life? Yeah... Also, he was actually stupid enough to drain all his power into the Blade of Olympus... Then he got KILLED with it. Sure, he got it back and got his revenge, but he was dumb enough to try it in the first place.  Dante is a fighting Genius. He can pick up a weapon and know exactly HOW to use it. He's also a pretty good strategist as well, and I think DMC4 has proven that. I don't believe he's fallen into any stupid OBVIOUS traps or anything like that... I really don't have to stress this one much, so I will move on.  WINNER: Dante, EPIC CURBSTOMP.  WEAPONS: Kratos has some pretty fly weapons in his arsenal, but at the same time, some of them are absolutely stupid. (Artemis Blade, Barbarian Hammer...) and these weapons do pack a punch. They are POWERHOUSE weapons and have done some pretty sick things. He is pretty proficient with them and uses them with  greatness... Then again, none of his weapons are too complex... :P Dante has some very epic weapons of his own, but at the same time has his fair share of crappy weapons (Gilgamesh, Lucifer....). At the same time, he masters his weapons when he first TOUCHES them. He has dead aim, and has never misses, as far as I can see. Hell, he was able to jam Yamato into the Saviors heart with a few bullets by making them all hit eachother! That's just dope. Overall, I think Dante has BETTER weapons. Pandora, Rebellion, Sparda, Agni and Rudra, Beowulf...  WINNER: Dante, but closer than you'd think.  OVERALL:  I think even a full power Kratos wasn't that much. He said it himself... "The God's overrate themselves". In fact, IIRC, it seems like Kratos didn't even break a sweat,  let alone have TOO much trouble killing some of these Gods and titans with the given skills that he has. From it, I'm obligated to believe that they were weak as hell to  begin with. You look at them and tell me they have shown some incredible feats. NO! Like I said, it's all about brute strength and a few lucky shots for Kratos... Maybe some blood lust as well.  As for Dante, many have said before, and yes it is true, that he has never shown his FULL POWER. That's because he's never serious when he fights. He owns people without getting to serious, and some great powerful foes he has owned. I think the only time I saw him get serious was in his Encounters with Vergil, but that's because he was new to the gig and his powers have just awakened. Also, let's not forget his DevilTrigger.... IMO, DT > Kratos Rage. He gets new abilities, new feats, and much stronger, too... Not to mention, his healing factor gets more extreme as well. When Kratos goes into rage, he gets a little faster and a little stronger... Not by rediculous levels, though. :P  Yeah, a full power Kratos seems to be a great win at first, but when its' broken down, I hardly feel its' the case. Besides, what's so different about GOW2 Kratos and GOW3 Kratos? To be honest, i thought he was stronger in GOW2...

You broke it down, but alot of what you said was wrong. 

Fighting? Kratos may not fight flashy, but he's brutal and effecient. He was trained as a Spartan, even before  he became God of War or a servant of Ares. 
His hand to hand is impressive. People seem to think that you have to do flips or roundhouse kicks to display good fighting ability...because they've seen too many movies. 
Real good hand to hand requires fast reflexes, good strength and speed, ability to counter attack and stuff like that. It doesn't matter what technique you use. 
The fact that he kills people stronger than him, and creatures bigger than him, shows that he has much more going for him than strength. The in game kill methods you can use to finish off minions(in pseudo cutscenes) involve alot acrobatics and agility and creative use of his weapons. 

Dante showing some "fairly decent" fighting that you think is better than Kratos abundance of good fighting feats because it's more "ssstylish" does not convince me of him being a better fighter. 

I could post a vid of a martial art black belt getting wrecked by an MMA fighter in pure striking, but I think you get my point. Dante's bullets probably wouldn't be able to pierce Kratos skin. I say this because his skin/body is tougher than normal in accords with his strength, as seen by when Giant Titans couldn't crush him with their hands. Even if it could, Kratos would probably block them with his blades or the Golden Fleece. 

Winner: Kratos! Due to more effecient hand to hand, better tactics, ect. 

Speed? The boots of Hermes may not boost his regular walking speed, but he can activate them and use them in accordance with his wings. 
I'm going to ignore video game mechanics that put a limit on how long he can use them, since Hermes didn't have a limit, and say he can use them indefinitely. 
Kratos routinely displays super human agility and acrobatics, in accordance with great precision and reaction speed. 
The fact that a God of War threw a giant spike/sword from half way across the world, and he was blindsided by this, doesn't take away from that. How do you see an attack coming when it's from half way across the world, and there are walls restricting your vision (so you literally don't see it coming)? Furthermore, this was Kratos in the first game. He wasn't even a god of war at that point. He didn't even have Hope. The rest of your examples aren't worth addressing. I mean, he was climbing on top of Gaia and Zeus struck her with lightning....if you're climbing on a mountain and it got hit with lightning and toppled over, what can you do? Nontheless, he didnt have Hermes boots at that point. 

Winner: In terms of raw running speed, I'd say it's either a tie or Dante slight advantage. In all other regards, I'd make it more of a tie. Though I'd give Kratos an advantage in agility. 

Strength? We both agree Kratos. 

Smarts? Being an army general clearly shows that Kratos has strategic intelligence. You don't lead an army based simply on strength. Nontheless, Kratos routinely displays intelligence when fighting different people and gods. In game, almost every character has a final death phase that shows Kratos strategically killing his enemies. Other enemies,  he can pick up and use as a shield against the rest. Against all of his bosses, Kratos in action cutscenes displays intelligent maneuvers that he uses to weaken them or trap them. He uses his intelligence to injure Hermes. He strategically knocked down Apollo. He uses complicated strategies to beat all of his bosses. To traverse the environment as well.
Following your own logic, Kratos is a fighting genius because he picks up weapons and knows exactly how to use them. Honestly, that's just a game mechanic that both games have, getting new weapons and knowing how to use them with regard to practice. 

Winner: Kratos

Weapons/Equipment? Can't judge since I can't remember all of Dante's weapons. However, Kratos has blades of Hades that can steal a person's spirit and summon demons of Hades. Kratos has a gorgon head that can turn people to stone. Apollo's head can temporarily blind people. He has ranged arrows. He has a great diversity of weapons for many different situations. 

I wouldn't count him out with his weapons. And I'd just tie them up, because Dante probably has a wide variety of weapons too. 

Overall, Dante has a healing factor. Kratos doesn't. Yet, as a demigod, he has ridiculous strength and durability that has to go along with it. 
Kratos seems better in a lot of areas, in my opinion. However, my reasoning is flawed since its still been forever since I've played the Devil may Cry games my brother has, and I'm biased. 
Nontheless, Kratos is a much more effecient fighter. Stronger than Dante. As agile, if not more agile than him. Can steal Dante's spirit, or turn him into stone despite his healing factor. 
Is much more badass and serious in a fight. I still think Kratos wins, even a year later. 

Oh, and darn you for making me type so much in a post I consider less than legit >:-/
sergyanime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sergyanime

Spartans aren't all that great. If they were they would still be around. They also like how he was saying were about power not about brilliant plans.  Never the less I have to agree with  crmidnight. 

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

I'm kinda new here....

This fight would be like Flash vs Hulk
Flash is obviously not as strong as Hulk for obvious reasons... That being said, Hulk will not be able to land one single hit on Flash!
Kratos is FAR stronger than Dante(No doubt).. I don't see Kratos landing a hit on Dante, Dante will not let that happen...

Watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BoHu8FTyxk
 While Kratos is impressive at fighting skills and that.. 

It simply cannot be compared to this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsuGB3S92Q
C'mon man... just look at the first 50 secs of the vid...

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Jezer
@RudeBomberBoy01 said:
I'm kinda new here....

This fight would be like Flash vs Hulk
Flash is obviously not as strong as Hulk for obvious reasons... That being said, Hulk will not be able to land one single hit on Flash! Kratos is FAR stronger than Dante(No doubt).. I don't see Kratos landing a hit on Dante, Dante will not let that happen...  Watch thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BoHu8FTyxk While Kratos is impressive at fighting skills and that..  It simply cannot be compared to this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjsuGB3S92QC'mon man... just look at the first 50 secs of the vid...

You're exaggerating the speed difference. 
Using another Combo Mad vid for Kratos 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjTG5LpaG3o&feature=related 

It depends on what weapon Kratos is using, but he spins his blades around ridiculously fast comparable to how fast Dante uses his sword in those vids. 
I'd give Dante  a sliight speed advantage, but not too much. However, for the most part we aren't talking gameplay mechanics.
Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01
@Jezer
I know, but I can't see how Kratos will win..
If Dante can see bullets coming his way and has options to either cut 'em in half or shoot right back at the incoming bullet... I don't see kratos swinging his sword and hitting him..

Off Topic Question: Can Kratos survive a nuke, disintegrating weapons, or a sniper bullet to the head?
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MKF30

Tough match up...I'm leaning towards Dante here though.

Tommiec21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Tommiec21

Dante

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jeanroygrant

Dante.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By FourthDeity

@sergyanime: Because only a few ancient warriors get to exist in a world with guns and explosives right? >.>

Tommiec21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Tommiec21

I will bring this Post alive Since Im bored And tired of the Kratos>Dante in almost every forum I see So here we go

Since I am not an absolute Kratos Fan-boy I will admit I am a DMC Fan Boy and Will do my best to show it lol Begin the flaming. Note* some video may showcase 2 weapons in use as these videos are of all 3 games DMC 1 3 and 4 by which dante has access to his particular special weapons and the later videos or pics or info will be of DMC2 Dantes Special Belt which can further augment his power then we get into his Devil trigger activations and then we get into Dantes Styles and yeahhhhh.

Dante

From here I will Show every possible weapon Dante has and then go into a detailed sketch of what it has the POSSIBILITY of doing to Kratos and all its abilities as so on and so forth then Next I will go into Detail with All of Dante's Self Abilities to show exactly how Kratos even with Hermes Shoes doesn't stand a chance. In order of Dante's Life Game Wise I begin

Melee Weapons

Rebellion:

Dante's Physical Manifestation of Power and the Sword Given to him by his father, A Magical Blade able to transmute his demonic energy into powerful Waves of energy Dante calls Drive, and Can be Coated in Demonic Energy to be sent as a boomerang and called back as such, Dante throughout all his games (Dave for DMC1) Has Used Rebellion religiously and has almost the most known abilities with it. Dante swings the massive sword around with ease, carrying it with one hand and performing insane combos with it almost as if he doesn't even feel the weight of the blade himself.

Dante has shown himself to be able to Take down ANY foe within his given universe with this sword alone and have little to no fatigue afterwards. Based on Game Mechanics Rebellion is one of Dante's few Close range weapons that can Close almost any distance or fight at a distance with relative ease

Based on his Anime(Which as a DMC Fanboy I Hated) He took down a Entity who was virtually destroying the world and had omnipotent power or something like that and Dante Literally Took it down with a Stinger(One of his Very Popular Combat moves with Rebellion) As to Kratos who from what I've seen of him in all 3 of his games he doesnt have any real....well style to his fighting tactics I swear to everyone who believes he is a fighting expert, He swings EVERY WEAPON HE HAS really hard and hopes for the best. save for the bow which he has extreme skill in i wont lie.

No Caption Provided

Ice Cerberus:

Dante attains these Tri-Nunchaku From killing the Protector of Temen-ni-gru (Pulled from dmc Wiki I forgot the towers name) But he killed it and attained the Tri Nunchaku which grants him the ability to freeze almost everything he cant hit with it. To give some basic video's of his skill with that single weapon I turn to Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2o4kQgn8g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebtGxzdHQWQ&feature=related

I'll Admit myself this Video is one of more show showing Nevan but you get to see the devastating Defenses and Large Ice abilities with Cerberus as well. And the second has alot of the Powerhouse Beowulf(Which we will get to in a second )But if you skip around towrds 3:00 You get to see 2 of Cerberus's Ice Moves that can Put Kratos on Chill for a while.

The weapon is a Heavy Close range Machine Now against Kratos If dante is Using his Royal Guard or Trickster styles (Il get to his styles later on) He will be fine over all. but I dont think that weapon is good for a close range battle with the GOW Kratos but he still has the option of utilizing its shields and AOE Ice Spike moves to Challenge Kratos in getting closer, and above all else It uses the Ice element which im sure will serve some effect on kratos as We have yet to see if he is immune to freezing.

No Caption Provided

Agni & Rudra:

Twin Razor Ribbed Single Sided Fire and Wind Swords or as most would call them Scimitars or something like that

From what we've seen of these in Dante's hands they hold an insane amount of power and destructive force when used Properly another Melee Based Weapon That can Be an insane Crowd or 1 on 1 Devastation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coQf1i5nyF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8b6IQIAZM4

Being 2 swords of Fire and Wind they Complement each other Amazingly, Wind Enhances the Destructive force of fire and there we have a marriage of Complete support of one another, In a Battle with Full power Dante against Kratos with these I pray for the 8 Foot Tall god Slayers He will get cut down to size as hot headed as he is.

Having these two could even the playing field since Kratos uses the Blades of Exile...or chaos...or Athena it doesnt matter their all the same. Dante can utilize these and counter them even with their reach He could close in and make do with his superior speed.

*Devil Trigger DMC3 Dante with Agni Rudra*

No Caption Provided

Nevan:

One of My personal Favs Nevan a Demonic "Electric" Guitar which can also Double as a Scythe when wanted.

This Weapon can execute insane amounts of demonic thunder(or Lightning) when a chord is ripped or a string is strung, This also gives Dante the ability to summon electrified demon Bats which can be charged with even more demonic electricity which can and most likely hold Kratos at a distance unless He can use his chains to catch him (I doubt but I'l Play along any way) which even then Dante Can close in Use Jam Session to Rock the God Killers World. and Potentially Electrocute him more than Zeus ever could(Seriously I played the last GOW3 Fight against Zeus he was if anything just a god with Alot of HP he had no real like....Stopping power behind him You could Just counter EVERYTHING he did with the Golden Fleece with ease and almost no real challenge).

Nevan can also Generate very weak but still viable Shields to which Kratos's basic arrows wont do much unless he charges them which takes time, Im sure he will be pressured more than any god being begged for stuff ever has dealing with the Devil Slayer.

No Caption Provided

Dante also has sustained flight while using Nevan in his Devil Trigger transformation allowing him a High ground advantage which he will be able to blast down a concentrated blast of lightning or dive down in a drill like fasion while in devil trigger completely covered in his lightning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8b6IQIAZM4

Beowulf:

One of Dante's Many Gauntlet and Grieve set but this one focuses on the Heavenly asset of Light and the Raw Physical Power behind Dante or Vergil while wearing it.

I could Show a Video of Vergil Easily Throwing a Rather large Demon to the cealing then sky kicks it in half. but then someone would discredit it by saying its not dante so I wont, But In the end With the Gauntlets Dante has the Ability to showcase his insane martial arts skills or just some random movements of hands and feet in a very stylish fashion while doing insane damage all the while. Out of all 3 of Dantes GG sets I gotta say this to be the overall Fastest and the second one to have a Ranged Blast of its type of demonic light energy for which he could use to zone or play keep away with Kratos Dantes Rising Dragon and The Spinning Kick Technique he Does as a Finisher can Keep Kratos off the ground and in some constant Damage so long as Dante can keep it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coQf1i5nyF0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kk2tK99Uu8

No Caption Provided

Now comes the nxt Installment, If im not mistaken DMC1 weapons

Alastor: The lightning Demon Sword

Alastar is technically one of Dantes most powerful Lightning Weapons to Date since its Supposed to give him Lightning speed and aerial capability and in the cut scene it called forth an extremely powerful bolt of Demonic Thunder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H3R6iBvNStA

Alastar is a sword that when used in DMC1 You have an large boost in power and all of your regular attacks are buffed with a lighting effect, and even more so when used in devil trigger. In Dmc 1 there where not not many stylish feats due to the game series just starting and the lack of a style system. but none the less in terms of power progression through games go Alastar is one of Dante's strongest assets in a fight against Kratos since it can also grant him a higher speed and higher base damage output with being charged with lighting. also it works literally the same as Rebellion and forced edge just with a lighting touch to it.

No Caption Provided

Ifrit: Blazing Hellfire Gauntlets From the Fire Demon Ifrit

The second Weapon in DMC1 and in continuity one of the most powerful, These Gauntlets are Alone able to deal some insane damage as you can Do more damage with this weapon than with Sparda in DMC(Yes I have tested this and the difference is very small though in Dmg output it seems against the bosses of DMC1 mostly against Nelo Angelo.) THis weapon has a few moves with large damage output that can do Kratos in if he lets it land More than 2 combo's with a full power Dante and his current style and Flexibleness.(I know what i just said isnt even a word)

Magma Drive alone can Push Kratos Back and make him rethink his entire strad against Dante. WHich even if he keeps distance Dante can still Send the Hellfire at him while at range, Long and Close range Domination.

No Caption Provided

Im gonna Skip Ahead to the Main Melee Devil Arms of DMC4 before I finish off with the Legendary Sparda Sword which I believe is more of a match.

DMC4 Assortment

Gilgamesh: a Demon Set of Gauntlets and Grieves made of Living Organic Metal with Built in Thruster like Devices Built in for Much much more Impact Damage.

Gilgamesh is Dante Set of Gauntlets and Grieves for DMC4. This Set of Gauntlets and Grieves IMHO is the most Balanced Set of gauntlet and grieves out of all the franchise. But I will get to some of this weapons feats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsCm4hMzVrA

This weapon Grants Dante The ability to Deal Boosted Thruster Damage by Charging his Punches and kicks with both a Rocket assisted Drill Tip in his Arms and Saw like Revolving blades on his Feet. If this Doesnt Drill this man or Cut him up Idk what will as I highly Doubt he ca just Take this and Smile at the full brunt of its Damage can 1HKO most Baser Enemies and His Distorted Stinger Lvl two with this weapon can Completely nullify a Blitzes Lightning armor in DMC4 his Real Impact is The Single Most Devistating Damaging attack in the game hands down and even more so when you clip it with his Devil Trigger to add the Extrea Impact effect and Deactivate it on the final Hit to add an extra hit.

No Caption Provided

And I believe the Final 3 Weapons are upon us, Let me Turn to the Demon uhhh Spear...Dagger....Sharp....Stabby...Weapon that explodes >.>

Lucifer: Special Demon Weapon Held By Dante and Take from Berial the Hellfire Demon and apparent current lord of the Fire Hell.

This Weapon Is by far the Funnest. Funniest, and Most Unique Weapons in the DMC Series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK6UaPnRYcc&feature=related

While Using this Weapon Seriously Dante Has the Overwhelming Option of Just impaling Kratos If He decides to get in Close or just summon as many swords as he Chooses then Uses the Ability "Bondage" To reposition the Floating Blades and then they will All Pierce a general Area By which Dante Can Detonate them

All at once by either clapping his hands or throwing the rose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seK18u-fYNo

If i wanted to be comical I could Say Dante would use every oddly worded Sexual Reference to BDSM and Pin Kratos to a wall of Blades and Call it Ecstasy, Either That Or let Kratos Come Towards His and Dante will throw up a "Climax" Create a Shield Of Detonating Blades and Let Kratos Ram into them With Great Force ;D.

No Caption Provided

And now Come Dantes Answer For the God Slaying Sword The sword of Olympus, SPARDA!!!!!

Sword Of Sparda!: The Legendary Dark Knight Sparda's Own Personal Weapon that Dante has Absolute Access to,, This weapon is Coveted throughout 3 Game Installments and is seen as having God Like power Giving Dante the ability to transform into his Fathers image and Fight the Demon Dark Prince/The Devil King/The Prince of Darkness/Pluto/Devil Prince(Yes I went that far lol) of the underworld/Hell Mundus and fight him to a standstill, and Finally Uses Trish's Last Bit of Power to Finish him off In a single Jackpot Blast from ivory...I believe it was Ivory...Hm. Still Sparda's power is Damn Near Omnipotent and Is coveted by almost every DMC Villain. While in GOW even Athena Stoped Kratos with her swords who was using the Gods Sword at the time If remember correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNqpzKsiurY&feature=relmfu 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvGchZuTyVg Skip too 2:38

But that entire Last Battle Was on another Level In all honesty Most of Krato's Fights are, If I can Hit it hard enough I can Win. But thats my opinion

No Caption Provided

And these are just weapons that he can use at CLOSE range, Not even thinking of long range and the weapons he has avalable to him there, Not even Touching On his Many Styles and Abilites Present to Him SwordMaster,Trickster,Gunslinger,Royal Guard,Doppleganger, Quicksilver, and a limited Dark Slayer style, But seriously, Im not seeing much Krato's can Do here Bro's and Sis. If you want everything else tell me, And let me know if I missed something on this wonderous Trip ^_^

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Pokergeist

Dante has just as many cool weapons as Kratos. He also has better Damage Taking and Speed Reaction feats.  

Dante wins.
Seku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Seku

I'd have to say Dante wins here. If going all out and having access to all his weapons and abilities. As Dante can stop time, and can react to "time stops" without time stops when he was just first learning his demonic heritage in DMC 3, at his weakest. If following logic, it is known that in DMC 3 dante was barely strong enough to defeat his brother vergil who lost to Mundus. In dmc 1 dante goes to defeat mundus with his fathers devil trigger and later is said to be quite possibly stronger than him. What this proves by logic is the tremdous power gain that Dante has recevied through the years.

To further bring in the point clear, Dante also has many different "styles" at which he can switch through at will, making him unreadable to say the least as each one does something different and effects his over all fighting style with each weapon he holds, I don't know if kratos however holds something like this, but from what has been shown he seems to be a rather perdictable fighter outside of boss fights to take advantage of the god's weaknesses since they've been infected by panadora's box.

With that said game mechanics prevent the player from using all their abilities at once, as dante could also create a dopplerganger of himself to attack in a similar fashion as himself. If these abilities are combined not only is Kratos dealing with a huge speed disadvantage but also a devil who has made a clone of himself.

Dante also possess many guns and long range attacks, one such weapon being a high powered laser which can penetrate a giant statue powered by his father's demonic power. As shown in DMC 4 with the ugly priest at the core and holding the blade inside.

Dante has also killed gods himself such as Mundus, the ruler of the underworld or DMC's hades. In their final battle it is shown that their traveling through space and are traveling at such a speed that they arrive within the very pits of hell within minutes.

I also believe that the best of Dante has also not been shown yet as DMC 1 didn't expand too much into Sparda's power, which is the only time he has been known to fight at his fullest at his prime. DMC 2 he just appeared to be playing with the opponets, casually moving about and showing no emotion. While in DMC 4 he appeared to stop trying to allow Nero to handle the situation, only walking behind him to clean up. This is shown more so in dmc 4. As there he taunts all the bosses and even manages to sneak up on them, but feeling no threat waits for them to act first. You can also see this in the cut scenes because durning the fight with the large ice toad after he amanages to defeat the first, a horde of them same demon is leaping towards the gate to be unleashed into the world, he uses pandora to dispatch of them all with ease, even going as far to mock them as he does so.

ZenRazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ZenRazor

Here's a simply way for me to end this Debate.Without a doubt Dante takes this and heres why.

I might not know everything about Kratos but i know exactly what he's capable of and same for Dante.

Dante easily wins simply because he has much more of an arsenal.If you want to include items than this isn't a problem for Dante.Dante with Chronos Trigger can manipulate time and slow it down,On top of that he is immortal.His speed is what leads him to victory many DMC fans don't know this but Dante can actually move faster than the blink of an eye.The scary thing is this was DMC3 Dante and without any DT.Really if Dante is putting his life on the life i can't imagine what amazing abilities he would do since no one has seen him really pissed before.Kratos does manage to have strength but i might even have to say Dante might have an advantage in strength.If you look at DMC4 Dante was able to hold Nero's Devil Bringer with ease and he let him go than Nero just flew back and fell.Now i know for a fact Nero's DB is really strong in force since he also manage to break the statue face with ease too not even in DT.Dante is just to agile,accurate and smart for Kratos that relies too much on power.Brute strength only gets you so far.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ZenRazor: He doesn't need all of his Devil Arms to kill Kratos.

Dante can kill Kratos with just Pandora.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By NeonGameWave

Dante wrecks Kratos with just Yamato.

GhostofOnyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By GhostofOnyx

Have to give it to Kratos on this one though Dante would come close

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By e3zombie

bump//

renobjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By renobjc

Ok well. I must admit Dante will kill Kratos wth ease. But thing is with Kratos, he doesn't give up easily. Kratos will just crawl his ass out of Hades for the millionth time to keep fighting Dante until he kills him and lets be honest, theres no shortage of planet destroying weapons in the universe of Kratos and Dante. Kratos will eventually take it. Not to mention, HE KILLS GODS!

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Laurcus

I love Kratos, but Dante one shots him.

Fight Starts -----> Quicksilver ------> Judgement Cut ----->Kratos' head is on the floor.

Kratos has some pretty impressive durability, but he's not gonna survive a direct hit from a sword that can cut dimensions and Dante can stop time with a thought.

Dante132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Kratos can't even match Dante with speed. Dante has alastor<~as fast as light. Besides that even if Kratos matched his speed he lacks the durability to out match Dante in any other category. Dante cant be killed when stabbed. Kratos can.(yes I know he ends up fighting his way out of hell and/or is the owner of "hell" now. Doesn't make a difference in the fact that he is defeated.

If that whole " hell" logic is applicable it will just be a never ending battle. Though Dante will never be outdone in stamina or strength or even wit.

People come here saying Kratos is all this and that when in fact nothing would be accomplished without the gods help(especially Athena).

They are both awesome characters. But in the end Dante has the power of telekenisis. And immortality/invincibility. Kratos dies many times being stabbed(even when a god). Dante is too durable to be defeated by somone like Kratos.

When it comes to defeating an opponent like Dante.. You would need somone with better survivability. Like Alucard for example.(even though not as much strength... In the end would win).

Or u could get somone like vegeta or Goku to blast him to nothingness ;).

Dante wins.

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think hermes boots equalize the speed to the point where kratos' other stats win this

Jodokon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jodokon

And to add to Dante's defense for others he has this form(Maijin Form):

No Caption Provided

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think hermes boots equalize the speed to the point where kratos' other stats win this

Hermes' boots only worked in short bursts and they weren't that fast at all. The only thing Kratos has over Dante is strength, and that won't mean much. Unless I missed something big in Ascension.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One word "Quicksilver" do the math one more for dante

Date_Masamune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos gets slaughtered.

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: that was purely game mechanics. Did hermes only use them in short bursts? No

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242: that was purely game mechanics. Did hermes only use them in short bursts? No

That doesn't mean they'll work out for Kratos. Has Kratos ever shown to be faster than that with them in any cutscene to negate my argument? No. Either way, Dante is faster than Hermes

adhd_assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: @spm1m: to be fair, ive never seen any evidence that quicksilver works on anyone as powerful as kratos (Mundus? Vigil?)

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: @spm1m: to be fair, ive never seen any evidence that quicksilver works on anyone as powerful as kratos (Mundus? Vigil?)

Kratos is still a slug.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By SPM1M

@batman242 said:

@adhd_assassin said:

Kratos is still a slug.

fair enough dante still has a huge speed advantage and too many effective weapons for kratos to keep up with

Dremorius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Kratos stomps.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Kratos.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think DMC 4 Dante would be just enough to beat Kratos. Kratos got all of his powers by beating gods and a lot of his power comes from his weapons. IMO, Kratos is nothing without his weapons. Even with his gear, the only thing that might put Dante to a distance is Medusa's gaze. Even then, it will be bad for kratos if Dante decides to use quicksilver or bangle of time and blitz him before Kratos even gets the idea to use Medusa's Gaze. I also think that Dante has strength on his side. I did the math of Dante's best strength feat, and it looks like he may stronger than Kratos, if not than on par. Let's say the savior was the size of a skyscraper. The Empire State building is 804,687,256 lbs. If Dante can defend against a punch of an 804,687,256 pound Demon, and considering punch strength>lifting strength, then Dante is possibly stronger than Kratos. When the savior punched Dante, he punched him with roughly 3,500,000,000 pounds of psi (3,621,092,652 is my exact number, but toned it down a bit because I used multipliers that were slightly, but not totally, inconsistent to figure that out). Let's say Cronos was the same size, more or less, maybe a little bit bigger. When Cronos was going to crush Kratos by smacking his hands together, it wouldn't be the same as absorbing a punch because of technique. A punch does not equal a slap. Since there are virtually no records of slapping power, it's impossible to know the exact amount of force. The only thing we can say though, is that a savior punch > a cronos slap. So Dante most likely has the strength advantage. So far, Dante has speed, strength, and gear on his side. This puts Kratos at a HUGE disadvantage. Therefore, the outcome of this battle would have to result in Dante's victory.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Kratos.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tbh I don't know much on either character. But from what I have seen on the threads, dante should lolstomp this.

shadow_00196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dante at full power means:1. he is using force edge, not rebellion, which gives him the power of sparda

2. he has all his abilities and weapons from all his games, which includes the deadly yamato which

gives him vergil's power too

3. he can control time and summon a doubleganger (quicksilver and doppelganger styles)

4. he can and will parry anything that can damage him and reflect the damage back (royalguard style)

5. most of all, dante has never been shown at his max potential in any games, if he were at max

potential then he would be angry and fighting with his devil trigger active which makes him

unbeliveably stronger

all this applies only if dante is considered from the first four games and not the reboot, as he is a sick weakling in comparison in the reboot

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadow_00196: Dante at full power doesn't uses Sparda he gave it to Trish for unknown reasons(probably devs thought he was too strong).Also I hate the reboot too its the worst thing happened to the franchise hope they Capcom will just forget about it.