Dante vs. Kratos

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AworkofArt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AworkofArt123

Dante  Vs.
  Dante  Vs.

Kratos
  Kratos

Both are at Full power and blood lusted. Who walks away the victor?
AworkofArt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AworkofArt123
@FinalStar86 said:
" Kratos is stronger but Dante is faster and can regenerate At full power...hmmmm that's hard "
yeah i thought this would be a good fight. I like them both so much and both have shown some impressive feats.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Matezoide2
@FinalStar86 said:

" Kratos is stronger but Dante is faster and can regenerate At full power...hmmmm that's hard "

indeed
normaly,i would say Dante,but a full power  Kratos (spoilers for God of War 3)

i will go with Kratos after a tough fight
N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By N7_Normandy

Do you consider Kratos at full power meaning that he is a god?  If so, Kratos would win.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By spidey 15
@Matezoide: I think i agree with it, even though speed will play a big role here.=]
SilverSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SilverSentry

Kratos has killed God's regularly and Dante has killed Mundus king of the underworld . 
While Kratos is far stronger , Dante is faster has more weapons and powers at his disposal which means nothing against God Kratos . 
so overall Kratos takes this 8/10 .    

mysticboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mysticboy

Don't you have to obliterate Dante's heart to kill him? If so, endless battle.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Man, I really need to play God of War 3

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Matezoide2
@mysticboy said:
" Don't you have to obliterate Dante's heart to kill him? If so, endless battle. "
KO

@texasdeathmatch said:
" Man, I really need to play God of War 3 "

you should,it is a great game
the boss fights are amazing
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Matezoide: Now if I could steal a PS3 from an unsuspecting chump... is it even worth getting a new system now? Aren't the new generation consoles coming out soon?
mysticboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mysticboy
@Matezoide: Then Kratos pwns him.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Matezoide2
@texasdeathmatch said:

" @Matezoide: Now if I could steal a PS3 from an unsuspecting chump... is it even worth getting a new system now? Aren't the new generation consoles coming out soon? "

nope,it will take like 3 years for the next generation
except possibly the Wii
i would say it is worth,there are too many awesome games to miss
@mysticboy said:
" @Matezoide: Then Kratos pwns him. "

i wouldnt go that far,but i agree Kratos wins
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Matezoide: Meh, I have a 360 now. I think the only reason I'd get a PS3 would be for God of War, haha
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Matezoide2
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @Matezoide: Meh, I have a 360 now. I think the only reason I'd get a PS3 would be for God of War, haha "
i can give you a PS3's exclusive games list if you want to :P
or you can just buy one for GoW 3 and then sell it
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Matezoide said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @Matezoide: Meh, I have a 360 now. I think the only reason I'd get a PS3 would be for God of War, haha "
i can give you a PS3's exclusive games list if you want to :P or you can just buy one for GoW 3 and then sell it "
only if the list has worthwhile games like GoW 3...and anything upcoming, if you know them off-hand
ThunderKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ThunderKhan

Kratos would start the fight by saying "the Demons have abandoned me!" Then all shit turns loose as he destroys the Devil May Cry's Hell...and on the way he'll run into Dante. Since both thinks the other to be demon they fight and Dante gets torn apart with the Blades of Exile. Then as Kratos destroys Devil May Cry's Universe and all other games he will say "the Fans have abandoned me" and pray to Kratos that you are playing a God of War game at the time...lol I didn't mean what i said about him being the strongest character from any game because there are stronger ones out there i know of already.

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Matezoide2
@texasdeathmatch: 
sure thing
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Matezoide: Wow, awesome. Thanks. But out of that list, only a few seem enticing to me a lowly gamer such as myself. Is that sequel to Shadow of the Colossus (no idea what the name is) Playstation exclusive as well?
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Matezoide2
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @Matezoide: Wow, awesome. Thanks. But out of that list, only a few seem enticing to me a lowly gamer such as myself. Is that sequel to Shadow of the Colossus (no idea what the name is) Playstation exclusive as well? "
well,you can check then on wikipedia :)
sorry,theres no Shadow of Colossus sequel
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Matezoide said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

" @Matezoide: Wow, awesome. Thanks. But out of that list, only a few seem enticing to me a lowly gamer such as myself. Is that sequel to Shadow of the Colossus (no idea what the name is) Playstation exclusive as well? "
well,you can check then on wikipedia :) sorry,theres no Shadow of Colossus sequel "
I was thinking of this 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Guardian

M.O.D16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By M.O.D16

kratos wins here. On GOD of War 3(spoiler alert) he can run fast as the speed of light.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Matezoide2
@texasdeathmatch said:
" @Matezoide said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

well,you can check then on wikipedia :) sorry,theres no Shadow of Colossus sequel "
I was thinking of this 

"
this is simply made by the same person that made Shadow of Colossus and Ico,in a way it is Ico and SoC's spiritual sequels

@M.O.D16 said:
" kratos wins here. On GOD of War 3(spoiler alert) he can run fast as the speed of light. "

when he does this?
AworkofArt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AworkofArt123

When I made this topic I kinda thought Kratos would be the slightly stronger opponent, but I thought I would give it a shot, because both characters are so awesome and the games have similar feel to them. You have to admit that Devil May Cry paved the road for God of War. 

M.O.D16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By M.O.D16
@Matezoide said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @Matezoide said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

I was thinking of this 

"
this is simply made by the same person that made Shadow of Colossus and Ico,in a way it is Ico and SoC's spiritual sequels

@M.O.D16 said:
" kratos wins here. On GOD of War 3(spoiler alert) he can run fast as the speed of light. "
when he does this? "

when he killed Hermes and took his winged boots.
SilverSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SilverSentry

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Matezoide2
@M.O.D16 said:
" @Matezoide said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
" @Matezoide said:

" @texasdeathmatch said:

I was thinking of this 

"

@M.O.D16 said:
when he does this? "
when he killed Hermes and took his winged boots. "
it was never stated nor shown that Kratos could move this fast
M.O.D16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By M.O.D16
@Matezoide: 
In battle, he is capable of moving at the speed of light and creating powerful barriers to shield himself.     

that was a piece of info from the god of war wiki about zeus. here is the url if you dont believe me.  
http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Zeus#Powers_and_Abilities     

the point is that Hermes is faster than zeus and the source of that speed was from his boots which kratos took after he killed him.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Matezoide2
@M.O.D16 said:
" @Matezoide: 
In battle, he is capable of moving at the speed of light and creating powerful barriers to shield himself.     

that was a piece of info from the god of war wiki about zeus. here is the url if you dont believe me.  
http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Zeus#Powers_and_Abilities      the point is that Hermes is faster than zeus and the source of that speed was from his boots which kratos took after he killed him. "
thats a wiki,often unreliable
M.O.D16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By M.O.D16
@Matezoide:
Well even if the wiki is wrong, hermes is way faster than dante and kratos was still able to kill him so speed would not play a huge role for dante.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Matezoide2
@M.O.D16 said:

" @Matezoide: Well even if the wiki is wrong, hermes is way faster than dante and kratos was still able to kill him so speed would not play a huge role for dante. "

Hermes was weakned when Kratos killed him
even if Hermes is faster than Dante,it is irrelevant,Kratos couldnt tag him once until he weakned him and Hermes wasnt even trying
M.O.D16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By M.O.D16
@Matezoide said:
" @M.O.D16 said:
" @Matezoide: Well even if the wiki is wrong, hermes is way faster than dante and kratos was still able to kill him so speed would not play a huge role for dante. "
Hermes was weakned when Kratos killed him and he haves no feats that puts him above Dante's speed "

Hermes was still capable of moving at high speeds in their fight plus hermes can run up walls due to his speed and dante cant.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Matezoide2
@M.O.D16 said:

" @Matezoide said:

" @M.O.D16 said:

Hermes was weakned when Kratos killed him and he haves no feats that puts him above Dante's speed "
Hermes was still capable of moving at high speeds in their fight plus hermes can run up walls due to his speed and dante cant. "
yeah,for 2 seconds and he had a crap running on wall that failed almost everytime plus,Hermes was unarmed,had to stop to catch a breath,doesnt have fighting skills like Dante (in fact,Hermes's plan was to punch Kratos until he was KO'ed) ,was the weakest God and showed no super human reflexes
and Dante is faster than weakned Hermes and got reflexes good enough to cut bullets
the Prince,Altair,Ezio and several other characthers that arent super human can run into walls
SilverSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SilverSentry

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Matezoide2
@SilverSentry: 

M.O.D16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By M.O.D16
@Matezoide:
im not saying that hermes is a better fighter then dante im just saying that he is faster. hermes who was the weakest amoung the gods was still proven as the fastest amoung the gods. in the fight with hermes he was moving at high speeds for more than 2 secs. and during the fight kratos tagged him. i know that he was weakened during the fight but he was still moving at high speeds. regardless kratos got the boots of hermes which as we seen in the game, allowed him to run so fast that enemies were lifted off the ground while leaving a trail of fire. Dante cant do that with his speed so case closed. kratos wins.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Matezoide2
@M.O.D16: 
he isnt and theres no proof he was
it wasnt fire,just the magical power from the boots,i already said Kratos wins,but he isnt faster than Dante
M.O.D16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By M.O.D16
@Matezoide:
well i still disagree with you about the speed ownage but since we both feel that kratos would win, i guess that the agrument isnt important. 
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Matezoide2
@M.O.D16 said:
" @Matezoide: well i still disagree with you about the speed ownage but since we both feel that kratos would win, i guess that the agrument isnt important.  "
lets agree to disagree on the speed,but agree on the winner,shall we?
M.O.D16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By M.O.D16
@Matezoide:
sure.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jezer

While Kratos would indeed win this fight, I have to disagree with some things said. 

No, Hermes did not run at the speed of light, in the game. 

If he did, you really wouldn't have even seen him move. 

When you turn on a light switch, do you see the light fade in from the bulb and surrounding area - to the farthest reaches of the room? 
Or, does it appear instantly everywhere?   
Would there be a difference if you were turning on the light in a bigger room, like an auditorium? No. 
Because that's how fast light travels across such small areas. It appears neary instantaneous.

On the otherhand, though fast, you could see Hermes move from area to area. 

Also, in terms of this matchup, I doubt we'd allow the he only uses it in small bursts. That was simply a limitation placed in the game. The same way that if Kratos has the Olympian Sword, he can pull it out anytime. Yet, in the game, he could only pull it out when his thing (that bar. forgot what it was.)was full. Would you impliment that in a real life fight? No. Same for his limitations on using Hermes shoes the way Hermes did.
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Thor's hammmer

being taunted by dante would make kratos angry and no one likes kratos when he's angry  

dante gets ripped in half
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Belonpopo
@AworkofArt123: I don't like the God of War fiction because they made Kratos a very one sided character, he's always pissed. I would half to say Dante just because I hate Kratos
mysticboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mysticboy
@Matezoide said:
" @SilverSentry: 

"
That boss fight was surprisingly easy.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By progenitorigin

Kratos would take this.  Dante's base power is dependant on demon mystics.  Kratos is basically the avatar of the olympians, since he absorbed--or took the weapons they wielded.  Which means Kratos would have the boots of Hermes, meaning he could easily out-speed Dante and blitz him, or use the Blade of Olympus to annhililate him, or even attempt to detach his spirit from his physical form using the hooks of Hades.  I don't think there's anything in Dante's arsenal that could honestly put down Kratos.  I'm sure Dante would give him trouble, but I don't think Kratos has much to worry about with ebony and ivory, considering he has the golden fleece to deflect and block that.  Even of Dante went in devil form, Kratos would match that with his berserkergang and turn it into a bloody mess. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By progenitorigin

Kratos would take this.  Dante's base power is dependant on demon mystics.  Kratos is basically the avatar of the olympians, since he absorbed--or took the weapons they wielded.  Which means Kratos would have the boots of Hermes, meaning he could easily out-speed Dante and blitz him, or use the Blade of Olympus to annhililate him, or even attempt to detach his spirit from his physical form using the hooks of Hades.  I don't think there's anything in Dante's arsenal that could honestly put down Kratos.  I'm sure Dante would give him trouble, but I don't think Kratos has much to worry about with ebony and ivory, considering he has the golden fleece to deflect and block that.  Even of Dante went in devil form, Kratos would match that with his berserkergang and turn it into a bloody mess.  Dante's known for taunting people he faces up against, and if he tried that against Kratos, it would be a mistake.  I don't think that any swords Dante possesses could match the Blade of Olympus, and physically, Kratos seems to be much stronger.  So, given Kratos' godly strength, the Hermes boots, the Solar Shield, and the Blade of Olympus, I think Dante would be outclassed. 

Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Matezoide2
@Belonpopo said:
" @AworkofArt123: I don't like the God of War fiction because they made Kratos a very one sided character, he's always pissed. I would half to say Dante just because I hate Kratos "
this is as wrong as saying everything that happens is Kratos`s fault...
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By progenitorigin
@Jezer said:
"While Kratos would indeed win this fight, I have to disagree with some things said.  No, Hermes did not run at the speed of light, in the game.  If he did, you really wouldn't have even seen him move.  When you turn on a light switch, do you see the light fade in from the bulb and surrounding area - to the farthest reaches of the room? Or, does it appear instantly everywhere?   Would there be a difference if you were turning on the light in a bigger room, like an auditorium? No. Because that's how fast light travels across such small areas. It appears neary instantaneous. On the otherhand, though fast, you could see Hermes move from area to area.  Also, in terms of this matchup, I doubt we'd allow the he only uses it in small bursts. That was simply a limitation placed in the game. The same way that if Kratos has the Olympian Sword, he can pull it out anytime. Yet, in the game, he could only pull it out when his thing (that bar. forgot what it was.)was full. Would you impliment that in a real life fight? No. Same for his limitations on using Hermes shoes the way Hermes did. "

Hermes wasn't moving at the speed of light because he was taunting Kratos to chase him, if you remember in the game when Hermes runs up the chains to Olympus, it was in a complete blur, and it took Kratos time to climb up the chain only to find Hermes sitting atop taunting him.  Hermes is definitely capable of moving FTL, being the messenger of the gods, but for PIS reasons, they had to allow Kratos to get his hands on Hermes to take his boots.  Kratos was able to use the Blade of Olympus during berserkergang, in the game the mechanics made it so the more he killed, the more the bar was filled, so you can only imagine that storyline-wise, him going berserkergang and using the Blade of Olympus occurred when Kratos was absolutely bloodlusted.  It's hard to really argue the stats of the gods in the series, because of the fact that most of them were effected by the evil's released from Pandora's box, it effected each of them in a certain way, which made them all act uncharacteristically, which is a huge reason why Kratos was able to take advantage and kill them.  Each of them had a madness within them, which caused their behavior to change from that which was normal, so sensibly, you would have to assume that without unleashing Pandora's box, the gods would have been impossible to kill.  I mean, even in this first game, before Pandora's box occurred, Ares picked up a pillar and hurled it across the world like a spear and killed Kratos. 

That's partly why I have an issue with people saying the gods in the GoW series were weak, even in mythology, the gods are only wounded if they allow it so in the situation, even Heracles acted uncharacteristically, which even Kevin Sorbo said in being interviewed about voicing the Herc in GoW3.  To try and logically explain how the powers work which Kratos has, you have to ignore the game mechanics and focus moreso on what's said in storyline.
Acer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By Acer

This match has been done to death.

Oh and Dante takes this.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jezer
@progenitor said:
"@Jezer said:
"While Kratos would indeed win this fight, I have to disagree with some things said.  No, Hermes did not run at the speed of light, in the game.  If he did, you really wouldn't have even seen him move.  When you turn on a light switch, do you see the light fade in from the bulb and surrounding area - to the farthest reaches of the room? Or, does it appear instantly everywhere?   Would there be a difference if you were turning on the light in a bigger room, like an auditorium? No. Because that's how fast light travels across such small areas. It appears neary instantaneous. On the otherhand, though fast, you could see Hermes move from area to area.  Also, in terms of this matchup, I doubt we'd allow the he only uses it in small bursts. That was simply a limitation placed in the game. The same way that if Kratos has the Olympian Sword, he can pull it out anytime. Yet, in the game, he could only pull it out when his thing (that bar. forgot what it was.)was full. Would you impliment that in a real life fight? No. Same for his limitations on using Hermes shoes the way Hermes did. "
Hermes wasn't moving at the speed of light because he was taunting Kratos to chase him, if you remember in the game when Hermes runs up the chains to Olympus, it was in a complete blur, and it took Kratos time to climb up the chain only to find Hermes sitting atop taunting him.  Hermes is definitely capable of moving FTL, being the messenger of the gods, but for PIS reasons, they had to allow Kratos to get his hands on Hermes to take his boots.  Kratos was able to use the Blade of Olympus during berserkergang, in the game the mechanics made it so the more he killed, the more the bar was filled, so you can only imagine that storyline-wise, him going berserkergang and using the Blade of Olympus occurred when Kratos was absolutely bloodlusted.  It's hard to really argue the stats of the gods in the series, because of the fact that most of them were effected by the evil's released from Pandora's box, it effected each of them in a certain way, which made them all act uncharacteristically, which is a huge reason why Kratos was able to take advantage and kill them.  Each of them had a madness within them, which caused their behavior to change from that which was normal, so sensibly, you would have to assume that without unleashing Pandora's box, the gods would have been impossible to kill.  I mean, even in this first game, before Pandora's box occurred, Ares picked up a pillar and hurled it across the world like a spear and killed Kratos.  That's partly why I have an issue with people saying the gods in the GoW series were weak, even in mythology, the gods are only wounded if they allow it so in the situation, even Heracles acted uncharacteristically, which even Kevin Sorbo said in being interviewed about voicing the Herc in GoW3.  To try and logically explain how the powers work which Kratos has, you have to ignore the game mechanics and focus moreso on what's said in storyline. "

I don't think you understand the how fast the speed of light is. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfhfT9yMhS8 
Go to 4:00 and you'll see him running across the chains of Olympus. 

Yeah, quite the fast blur. However, that is nowherenear the speed of light. 

It took him at least 5 seconds to cross that length. 

Light travels across the length of the earth in 1/10th a second. 
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006042439064 

At that point, he wasn't simply taunting Kratos. He was traveling across those chains. He wasn't looking back to see if Kratos was following. There wouldn't be a point, his destination was within view of Kratos. 

There's no reason to assume that was intentionally slowing down his speed at that moment, for any reason. That he wasn't going near full speed or at least standard speed. There's no reason to assume that he can travel exponentially faster than how he did in that moment. 

Again, do you see light blur from your lightbulb to the edges of the room? No, we percieve it as instantaneous.