#1 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
Johnny Blaze
#2 Posted by Dex (559 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost rider...And I think dantes awesome...

#3 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

Good one bro. but you know everyones gonna lean on the penence stare for the win.
#4 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider

penence stare or no stare

#5 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

Quicksilver ftw
#6 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" Quicksilver ftw "
The sarcasm definitely eludes me in this case.
#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" Quicksilver ftw "
The sarcasm definitely eludes me in this case. "
It's one of Dante's abilities.
#8 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" Quicksilver ftw "
It's one of Dante's abilities. "
That's what happens because I have not played Devil May Cry...What do you think of this fight? I know nothing about Dante to actually participate.
#9 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" Quicksilver ftw "
That's what happens because I have not played Devil May Cry...What do you think of this fight? I know nothing about Dante to actually participate. "
Dante has ridiculously insane reaction times, and is a powerful opponent with some deadly weapons......hell, he could even slow time to a point where it was close to stopping for a while. I think he could dodge a lot of what GR throws at him, but unfortunately, I don't know a lot about Ghost Rider.

Let's exchange notes, haha. What can GR do, combat-wise?
#10 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" Quicksilver ftw "
That's what happens because I have not played Devil May Cry...What do you think of this fight? I know nothing about Dante to actually participate. "
Dante has ridiculously insane reaction times, and is a powerful opponent with some deadly weapons......hell, he could even slow time to a point where it was close to stopping for a while. I think he could dodge a lot of what GR throws at him, but unfortunately, I don't know a lot about Ghost Rider.  Let's exchange notes, haha. What can GR do, combat-wise? "
He can make people flop on the ground like a fish out of water lol

Basic attacks include hellfire. penance stare..stuff like that...I think it would be a pretty good match

hence why I made it lol
#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante.

#12 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

Would the stare work on dante?

#13 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
"Would the stare work on dante?"
Would Dante have had to do something that he actually felt bad about for that to work? Most everything he's done (killing, whatnot) has seemed pretty justifiable to me.

@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"He can make people flop on the ground like a fish out of water lol  Basic attacks include hellfire. penance stare..stuff like that...I think it would be a pretty good match  hence why I made it lol "
Hmmm......
#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" Quicksilver ftw "
Dante has ridiculously insane reaction times, and is a powerful opponent with some deadly weapons......hell, he could even slow time to a point where it was close to stopping for a while. I think he could dodge a lot of what GR throws at him, but unfortunately, I don't know a lot about Ghost Rider.  Let's exchange notes, haha. What can GR do, combat-wise? "
He has complete mastery over Hellfire, which is capable of burning the soul of an opponent. I believe that this ability was capable of hurting an angel, so it should be able to hurt Dante. Also, there is the penance stare, the Rider's most infamous attack. It causes the opponent to re-live every pain he has ever inflicted just by looking at his enemy's eyes. His durability is also at great levels.
#15 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
Would Dante have had to do something that he actually felt bad about for that to work? Most everything he's done (killing, whatnot) has seemed pretty justifiable to me.

@Johnny_Nemesis said:
"He can make people flop on the ground like a fish out of water lol  Basic attacks include hellfire. penance stare..stuff like that...I think it would be a pretty good match  hence why I made it lol "
Hmmm...... "

but he kills evil not the innocent.
#16 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
"He has complete mastery over Hellfire, which is capable of burning the soul of an opponent. I believe that this ability was capable of hurting an angel, so it should be able to hurt Dante. Also, there is the penance stare, the Rider's most infamous attack. It causes the opponent to re-live every pain he has ever inflicted just by looking at his enemy's eyes. His durability is also at great levels. "
Does Hellfire act like normal fire? Or does it move in a different way? Radial, whatnot?

To use the Penance Stare, would GR have to get close enough to see into his eyes? If he did, I don't see that happening given how Dante is ridiculously acrobatic and agile.
#17 Posted by Strife (1102 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"He has complete mastery over Hellfire, which is capable of burning the soul of an opponent. I believe that this ability was capable of hurting an angel, so it should be able to hurt Dante. Also, there is the penance stare, the Rider's most infamous attack. It causes the opponent to re-live every pain he has ever inflicted just by looking at his enemy's eyes. His durability is also at great levels. "
Does Hellfire act like normal fire? Or does it move in a different way? Radial, whatnot?  To use the Penance Stare, would GR have to get close enough to see into his eyes? If he did, I don't see that happening given how Dante is ridiculously acrobatic and agile. "
Hellfire burns away at the soul and penance stare can be anywhere close enough to make eye contact.

Im giving it to ghost rider.
#18 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
Does Hellfire act like normal fire? Or does it move in a different way? Radial, whatnot?  To use the Penance Stare, would GR have to get close enough to see into his eyes? If he did, I don't see that happening given how Dante is ridiculously acrobatic and agile. "
GR controls both normal fire (and is also immune to it), and Hellfire, which as I said above is capable of burning both body, but most importantly, tormenting the soul. GR can project Hellfire through various parts of his body, as well. As for the penance stare, I don't believe that he actually needs to be really close. By battle forum rules, they should start facing each other at short distance. If the Rider decides to use it right from the go, I don't think Dante could stop him. But would the Rider do that? Doubtful.Ah, and even if Dante managed to "destroy" GR (break him to pieces), I think he can reform himself without much effort.
#19 Posted by Johnny_Nemesis (2170 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @Sparda said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:

@Johnny_Nemesis said:
Hmmm...... "
but he kills evil not the innocent. "
I know..but Dante isnt exactly innocent
#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @Sparda said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:

@Johnny_Nemesis said:
Hmmm...... "
You don't have to be evil for the stare to work. Having caused pain to others is enough...To whom exactly, is irrelevant.
#21 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
GR controls both normal fire (and is also immune to it), and Hellfire, which as I said above is capable of burning both body, but most importantly, tormenting the soul. GR can project Hellfire through various parts of his body, as well. As for the penance stare, I don't believe that he actually needs to be really close. By battle forum rules, they should start facing each other at short distance. If the Rider decides to use it right from the go, I don't think Dante could stop him. But would the Rider do that? Doubtful.Ah, and even if Dante managed to "destroy" GR (break him to pieces), I think he can reform himself without much effort. "
Okay, so he controls where Hellfire moves? He doesn't just shoot it out or anything? I don't think it would be too difficult to avoid the Hellfire. Since you haven't played DMC, you don't know about Dante's reactions and agility, but I'll try to get some videos in a sec.

Similarly, while GR might be able to tag Dante with the Penance Stare right away, Dante could use Quicksilver right away too......his reaction times might even be greater so he could do it before Rider could do his finishing move as well. I don't think GR can teleport or anything (or else he would have done that to get to Hulk in WWH instead of driving cross-country or whatever), so I believe it may be possible for Dante to BFR him. I think he's strong enough.

GR can reform himself? Hmmmm......
#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
GR controls both normal fire (and is also immune to it), and Hellfire, which as I said above is capable of burning both body, but most importantly, tormenting the soul. GR can project Hellfire through various parts of his body, as well. As for the penance stare, I don't believe that he actually needs to be really close. By battle forum rules, they should start facing each other at short distance. If the Rider decides to use it right from the go, I don't think Dante could stop him. But would the Rider do that? Doubtful.Ah, and even if Dante managed to "destroy" GR (break him to pieces), I think he can reform himself without much effort. "
Okay, so he controls where Hellfire moves? He doesn't just shoot it out or anything? I don't think it would be too difficult to avoid the Hellfire. Since you haven't played DMC, you don't know about Dante's reactions and agility, but I'll try to get some videos in a sec.  Similarly, while GR might be able to tag Dante with the Penance Stare right away, Dante could use Quicksilver right away too......his reaction times might even be greater so he could do it before Rider could do his finishing move as well. I don't think GR can teleport or anything (or else he would have done that to get to Hulk in WWH instead of driving cross-country or whatever), so I believe it may be possible for Dante to BFR him. I think he's strong enough.  GR can reform himself? Hmmmm...... "
He controls where Hellfire is directed, yes. And obviously I agree that BFR is indeed an option. But GR is not a weak character, even h2h. He is class 5 - 10+. Depending on which Zarathos (the demon bided to a human soul that gives GR his powers) host we are using. Dante will more than likely be higher, but I felt like mentioning it. And no, he cannot teleport. 

PS Does Dante need to breath?
#23 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
"He controls where Hellfire is directed, yes. And obviously I agree that BFR is indeed an option. But GR is not a weak character, even h2h. He is class 5 - 10+. Depending on which Zarathos (the demon bided to a human soul that gives GR his powers) host we are using. Dante will more than likely be higher, but I felt like mentioning it. And no, he cannot teleport. 

PS Does Dante need to breath? "
I think Dante might need to breath......in a gameplay segment in the first DMC there was a part where he needed to go underwater and had to hold his breath. That was the first game, though, and he's gotten significantly more powerful since then.

When you say "class 5-10+", you mean in hand-to-hand? Really? I didn't know that. If Dante was put on the scale......well.....he is pretty much an anime character so naturally he's probably off the charts. Some of the things he does are physically impossible on probably every level.
#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"He controls where Hellfire is directed, yes. And obviously I agree that BFR is indeed an option. But GR is not a weak character, even h2h. He is class 5 - 10+. Depending on which Zarathos (the demon bided to a human soul that gives GR his powers) host we are using. Dante will more than likely be higher, but I felt like mentioning it. And no, he cannot teleport. 

PS Does Dante need to breath? "
I think Dante might need to breath......in a gameplay segment in the first DMC there was a part where he needed to go underwater and had to hold his breath. That was the first game, though, and he's gotten significantly more powerful since then.  When you say "class 5-10+", you mean in hand-to-hand? Really? I didn't know that. If Dante was put on the scale......well.....he is pretty much an anime character so naturally he's probably off the charts. Some of the things he does are physically impossible on probably every level. "
Could you determine his power level? For argument's sake.
#25 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Johnny_Nemesis said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" @Sparda said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:

@Johnny_Nemesis said:
Hmmm...... "
I know..but Dante isnt exactly innocent "

who hasn't the stare worked on?
#26 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:

" @Johnny_Nemesis said:

" @SwaggaB0y said:

" @Sparda said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:

@Johnny_Nemesis

said:
Hmmm...... "
I know..but Dante isnt exactly innocent "
who hasn't the stare worked on? "
From the top of my head? Venom, in an awesone display of PIS (something about the symbiote covering Brock's eyes...). Don't remember another, but in truth, I am not  a GR expert.
#27 Edited by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

So the stare makes you feel the pain of everyone you inflicted pain on? I just wanna clear this up so I can know in the future.
#28 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:

"Could you determine his power level? For argument's sake. "

On the Marvel scale? I don't know that too well so it's sort of hard. A lot of his abilities are sort of.....undefined. He's strong enough to resist, and support blows from a 200 foot tall statue (that was possessed.....don't ask, long story), and moreoever actually support that statutes full weight if I recall.

He's got fast enough reaction times to catch bullets with his teeth and dodge lightning. No, those are not exaggerations.....he actually did that :l

He seems to have normal human durability in some ways (he can get cut as easily as a human), but it seems as though he can't be killed outside of game mechanics. He took a bullet to the forehead point blank and then pulled it out a few seconds later. He was impaled through the chest by a sword and then self-inflicted a 4 foot high hole in his chest when he pulled it out and then proceeded to pose and joke about it. Even at his weakest, in DMC3, he took numerous impaling in all spots throughout his body before he killed all the demons that did it. I think he just heals too fast for the wounds to pose any significant threat to him.....outside of game mechanics.

In speed.....well, he can move so fast that it looks like he teleports. Dunno if that helps.

He's agile enough to run down.....ah hell, I'll just show you the video.

As for his fighting ability.....hmm......I'll just show you another video, haha.

I really don't know who wins. I don't know enough about GR. I'll argue for the sake of arguing, though, haha.
#29 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:

" So the stare makes you feel the pain of everyone you inflicted pain on? I just wanna clear this up so I can know in the future. "

I believe the answer to this, is yes. That is why Ghost Rider is held in high regard in terms of power.
#30 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

weakest form of Dante.
#31 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
"@SwaggaB0y said:

" So the stare makes you feel the pain of everyone you inflicted pain on? I just wanna clear this up so I can know in the future. "

I believe the answer to this, is yes. That is why Ghost Rider is held in high regard in terms of power.
"

ahh
#32 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

GOD DAMN FIREFOX.

Damn browser doesn't let me post videos......graaaggh......well, thanks for posting that one Swagga, that was the one I was posting for fighting ability.

#33 Posted by King Saturn (223733 posts) - - Show Bio
probably Ghost Rider... it would be a great fight though
#34 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

how can you kill GR?
#35 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" Good one bro. but you know everyones gonna lean on the penence stare for the win. "
if they do a battle for GR they should just automatically say no penance stare. the first thing they always say is the penance star wins it no matter how pure the other character is, it doesnt matter if the other person is as pure as superman they would still claim that the penance stare would win it for ghost rider.
#36 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" how can you kill GR? "
To my knowledge? You can't. At least not in a conventional way.From what I've heard Dante's best shot is to use his agility and strength to BFR GR.
#37 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" how can you kill GR? "
To my knowledge? You can't. At least not in a conventional way.From what I've heard Dante's best shot is to use his agility and strength to BFR GR. "

ahh seems like thats the only choice he is lol
#38 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" Good one bro. but you know everyones gonna lean on the penence stare for the win. "
if they do a battle for GR they should just automatically say no penance stare. the first thing they always say is the penance star wins it no matter how pure the other character is, it doesnt matter if the other person is as pure as superman they would still claim that the penance stare would win it for ghost rider. "
It's not inaccurate, however. And to address your example, Superman should be able to BFR the Rider far before the stare comes into action.
#39 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
if they do a battle for GR they should just automatically say no penance stare. the first thing they always say is the penance star wins it no matter how pure the other character is, it doesnt matter if the other person is as pure as superman they would still claim that the penance stare would win it for ghost rider. "
It's not inaccurate, however. And to address your example, Superman should be able to BFR the Rider far before the stare comes into action. "

how long does it take for the PS to take effect?
#40 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
It's not inaccurate, however. And to address your example, Superman should be able to BFR the Rider far before the stare comes into action. "
how long does it take for the PS to take effect? "
It's immediate, but as already stated, GR has to make eye contact and lock his sight on his opponents eyes first.
#41 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
it is to say that it would work on an innocent
#42 Posted by GreenScar98 (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I think GR drags him back to hell pretty easily
#43 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghost Rider stomps

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Psyker star said:
" Ghost Rider stomps "
The A-town stomp maybe.
#45 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Psyker star said:
" Ghost Rider stomps "
The A-town stomp maybe. "
I don't get it.
#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Psyker star said:
" Ghost Rider stomps "
I don't get it. "
You're Canadian..it's ok.
#47 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Psyker star said:
" Ghost Rider stomps "
I don't get it. "
You're Canadian..it's ok. "
Yaaay!
#48 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @cascadeking09 said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
it is to say that it would work on an innocent "
Is Dr Strange innocent? To me he is. And it sure worked on him.
#49 Posted by cascadeking09 (6752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_: thats wats innacurate to me. y would it work on someone that hasnt caused much pain. i never read any ghost rider, but wouldnt it just make him feel sad or depressed cause thats probably the only real pain he's ever caused any body. i think its messed up to let ghost rider even use his stare on anybody other than demons and other evil.
#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@cascadeking09 said:
" @Morpheus_: thats wats innacurate to me. y would it work on someone that hasnt caused much pain. i never read any ghost rider, but wouldnt it just make him feel sad or depressed cause thats probably the only real pain he's ever caused any body. i think its messed up to let ghost rider even use his stare on anybody other than demons and other evil. "
At the time, the Rider's side overwhelmed Blaze's control, and I believe he thought Strange wasn't Strange, but an impostor. When GR realized his mistake, Strange appeared dead. He wasn't, but he was near. Innocent, or not, GR has done it.