#1 Edited by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante, demon-hunter extraordinair

Vs.

Ares, the Greek God Of War

If you don't know the character, read up on em.

Dante has his sword, pistols, rail gun, shotgun, grenade launcher, Beowulf, Cerberus, and Yamato. He has access to all of his moves (EXCEPT for Quicksilver).

Ares has standard equipment (sword, axes, spears, grenades, guns, etc.), and CANNOT be revived by Zeus or anything else.

Fight takes place in the Colosseum. It is (as Gambler once described) a "Old West" showdown-they start a fair distance away from eachother and are told to fight until one falls.

IT'S SHOOOOOWTIME!

#2 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

My bet is on dante. Ares it to slow really and only has the upper hand in strength. Besides that he fights like your average man not a god or war.

#3 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio

Pandoras Box should be trouble for Ares.

#4 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually just removed Pandora's Box, cause I realized that was kinda stacking it for Dante.

#5 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't even look at the weapons. Your right the box probably would bite him in his godly a$$ lol.

#6 Posted by TheDrifter (26563 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"I actually just removed Pandora's Box, cause I realized that was kinda stacking it for Dante."
Definetly. Even without Quicksilver, If Dante has Pandora's box, Ares is screwed.
#7 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

After Dante is finished with Ares, he would open up a new shop called, "Gods May Cry"

#8 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante

#9 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol next time I think DCs ares should be used lol.

#10 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it really that easy for Dante? I was under the impression that Ares comes packing major heat for fights, and that his healing factor was at least as good as Dante's.

He might be slower, but he's most likely stronger.....

#11 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Is it really that easy for Dante? I was under the impression that Ares comes packing major heat for fights, and that his healing factor was at least as good as Dante's.

He might be slower, but he's most likely stronger....."

Stronger than Devil Mode Dante? I say they're about the same. But Devil Dante can fly + has speed and strength.
#12 Posted by King Saturn (225050 posts) - - Show Bio
Dante should win this fight here against Ares
#13 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

I say normal Dante is as strong as Venom. With his trigger on, I say he's as strong as Colossus at his prime.

#14 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"Is it really that easy for Dante? I was under the impression that Ares comes packing major heat for fights, and that his healing factor was at least as good as Dante's.

He is only stronger. His healing factor is like minor wounds and what not. Anything major he is down for the count. Ares sucks in marvel he isn't even liked by his dad. He even knocked zeus in the face once lol.
#15 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher said:
"Sparda said:

He is only stronger. His healing factor is like minor wounds and what not. Anything major he is down for the count. Ares sucks in marvel he isn't even liked by his dad. He even knocked zeus in the face once lol.
"
Only minor? I thought that he had a healing factor close to Wolverine's.....darn. Well, guess this is close to a curbstomp, then.

Perfect Cell said:
"Sparda said:

Stronger than Devil Mode Dante? I say they're about the same. But Devil Dante can fly + has speed and strength. "
Yeah, Dante in Devil Trigger would be a serious problem, as his healing is ridiculously rapid and his speed is upped a lot, but I was thinking that one of them would be down before he would unleash it.

#16 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
Sparda said:
"zee crusher said:
"Sparda said:

"
Only minor? I thought that he had a healing factor close to Wolverine's.....darn. Well, guess this is close to a curbstomp, then.

Perfect Cell said:
"Sparda said:

Stronger than Devil Mode Dante? I say they're about the same. But Devil Dante can fly + has speed and strength. "
Yeah, Dante in Devil Trigger would be a serious problem, as his healing is ridiculously rapid and his speed is upped a lot, but I was thinking that one of them would be down before he would unleash it.

"

In that case, well.... Dante still wins. lol
#17 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
Perfect Cell said:
"I say normal Dante is as strong as Venom. With his trigger on, I say he's as strong as Colossus at his prime."
Only as strong as colossus?
#18 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"Perfect Cell said:
"I say normal Dante is as strong as Venom. With his trigger on, I say he's as strong as Colossus at his prime."
Only as strong as colossus?
"
Is he stronger?
#19 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd think so.

though i have nothing to back that up....just a feeling

#20 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

No lol his healing factor is like zeus, Hercules, Thor, Odin it can heal minor wounds and even bigger wound but it takes a longer time. Big wounds though he will simply bleed to death. I'd say Loki but he's gotten his head cut off so many times and put it back on while laughing that its not even funny lol.

#21 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

dante has one as well

#22 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"dante has one as well"

Yeah....in the first 20 minutes of DMC1, he practically self-inflicts a wound that's, like, a four-foot hole in his chest and doesn't seem bothered by it.

Nevermind what happens in DMC3. That stuff was nuts.
#23 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i was also about to say when Virgil near killed him and when Lady shot him

#24 Edited by Mike28 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante For The Win.

#25 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... hard... but I go with Dante because he's cooler.

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91403 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares.

#27 Posted by kaino12 (3151 posts) - - Show Bio

if it were with out devil trigger dante i wouldent be able to call it but then agen as long as its not the dante from dmc1 it will take a while cus he'll be messing around to much.