Who wins?

niBBit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By niBBit

Team Hell takes this. They have more destructive/durability feats than anyone on the DMC team.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Deranged Midget

If the DMC team were allowed to access Devil Trigger, it'd make it a better fight but which version of Dante is this? DMC4 is easily the most powerful.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MAZAHS117

Team Marvel ftw!...Phisto puts it over the top

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ghost_rider1
@Deranged Midget

If the DMC team were allowed to access Devil Trigger, it'd make it a better fight but which version of Dante is this? DMC4 is easily the most powerful.

@Deranged Midget

Yes this is DMC4 dante. And everyone has access to all their powers. Even devil trigger
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ghost_rider1: If they have access to all their powers, I'm tempted to say that Mephisto solo's.

ohgodwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By ohgodwhy

@Deranged Midget: Isn't DMC2 Dante the most powerful? I'm fairly sure that it's been stated that Dante in DMC2 is his strongest incarnation and timeline wise DMC2 is the last in the series. Dante's so powerful in DMC2 that I believe he purposefully holds himself back most of the time so he can have more fun.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ohgodwhy: DMC2 Dante is in fact the older version of the character, but he simply seemed more powerful in DMC4 due to the massive scale enemies he fought with absolutely no effort exerted.

ohgodwhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ohgodwhy

@Deranged Midget: That's probably because of the greater processing power of the newer consoles. Plus, in DMC2, he also has his Majin Form which is so much more powerful than even his normal DT form.

I'm 100% sure that I read somewhere that DMC2 Dante was the strongest but I can't find the link anywhere sadly.

FourthDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By FourthDeity

@SHAZAM117 said:

Team Marvel ftw!...Phisto puts it over the top
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ohgodwhy: I doubt it was merely due to graphical restrictions.

Avatar image for the_lunact_and_manic
The_Lunact_And_Manic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Penance Stare should take care of Vergil, then, it's 2 against 3.

But, if Dante uses Majin, team DMC could win.(Very close)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pokergeist

I sorry this is no contest. Team Marvel for the Pwn. DM stands no chance. At all. All there best Feats are tiny cpmapared to Mephisto, Blackheart, and even Zarathos GR or Zadkeil powered Ketch.

DMC gets Stomp.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NeonGameWave

Team DMC but Nero is a non factor and also a weak link. The reason why they win is because the high end feats performed by Mephisto are more so shown when he is at full power and dominance within his realm. Nero would be the first to go but Dante can beat Blackheart with not much trouble, and Mephisto will get taken care of eventually, but Vergil dies. It`s between Dante and Ghost Rider who becomes Zarathos, Dante bloodlusted and at full power seals him with Jackpot. But if it took place in Mephisto`s dimension and everyone on Team DMC was at less power, (younger version of Dante and Vergil), then Team 2 would stomp.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By saiyan_earthling

Team 2 s&^ts on Team 1

Setherial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Setherial

Mephisto solos.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NeonGameWave

Dante can beat Mephisto or Blackheart without Vergil and Nero`s assistance. I doubt Mephisto could solo.

Setherial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Setherial

@NeonGameWave said:

Dante can beat Mephisto or Blackheart without Vergil and Nero`s assistance. I doubt Mephisto could solo.

Mephisto is out of Mundus's league. Dante and the others wouldn't have a chance.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Setherial: Dante can beat Mephisto. Mephisto is most powerful when in his realm and Dante defeated Mundus a planetary threat during DMC 1 as he also sealed him, by DMC 2 he is 20x more powerful in base or human form without DT. With Majin Form and the Sword of Sparda he would defeat Mephisto, and Dante at full power should be above a planetary threat since also in the anime (which is canon) Dante fought and beat Abigail a demon who rivaled Mundus in power however at full power is powerful enough to enslave as well as control both the demon and human world including the realms as well. Dante defeated this demon with ease with no real kind of power up. The anime takes place between DMC 1 and DMC 4, Dante is at his strongest during DMC 2 in which he defeated The Despair Embodied in one shot, this demon is more powerful than Mundus and Dante did not use any DT form. Considering in this fight that there are no morals and all are bloodlusted, Dante would immediately go all out and use his time manipulation abilities as well as Holy Water, Nero can use Holy Water as well, Dante being bloodlusted and with no morals would brutally slay Mephisto repeatedly.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave said:

@Setherial: Dante can beat Mephisto. Mephisto is most powerful when in his realm and Dante defeated Mundus a planetary threat during DMC 1 as he also sealed him, by DMC 2 he is 20x more powerful in base or human form without DT. With Majin Form and the Sword of Sparda he would defeat Mephisto, and Dante at full power should be above a planetary threat since also in the anime (which is canon) Dante fought and beat Abigail a demon who rivaled Mundus in power however at full power is powerful enough to enslave as well as control both the demon and human world including the realms as well. Dante defeated this demon with ease with no real kind of power up. The anime takes place between DMC 1 and DMC 4, Dante is at his strongest during DMC 2 in which he defeated The Despair Embodied in one shot, this demon is more powerful than Mundus and Dante did not use any DT form. Considering in this fight that there are no morals and all are bloodlusted, Dante would immediately go all out and use his time manipulation abilities as well as Holy Water, Nero can use Holy Water as well, Dante being bloodlusted and with no morals would brutally slay Mephisto repeatedly.

You do realize that even the sliver surfer can't beat Mephisto out of his realm. Comparing Mephisto to mundus...seriously do you actually read comics?

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate: Yes I do read comics and I am fully aware of the SS as well as Galactus event. I`m not comparing Mundus to Mephisto but rather showing how powerful Dante truly is and that`s Dante by the end of DMC 1. DMC 2 he is 20x powerful in human form and has accumulated 50 years of experience in demon hunting. In Majin Form he is probably by my guest 60x more powerful than his younger self but if you add that same power with the Force Edge (unlocked form Sparda) which is the Sparda transformation he used against Mundus during the Legendary Battle then you`ll likely to have ten times more the power, so he is clearly above a planetary threat and I did not even factor in his ridiculous arsenal, abilities and combat ability in inclusion with his skills in terms of prowess. This is the same half demon who in one shot annihilated the Despair Embodied a demon who is more powerful than Mundus and who was a threat to many realms as well as the earth and he also took care of Abigail another planetary threat without any real type of DT although there was a slight amp but not by much and it was by natural ability. On top of that in none of those situations was he truly bloodlusted, with no morals and your telling me he can`t beat Mephisto? A demon`s power who is connected to his realm? This fight takes place in Las Vegas and I`m pretty sure Dante would be able to defeat Mephisto in his realm also, without PIS, CIS, or my own term CCC-Circumstancial Character Convenience and etc. Have you ever played the DMC games, read the manga, read the manuals/guidebooks or watched the anime?

TheEd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheEd

Dante solos

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave said:

@Death Certificate: Yes I do read comics and I am fully aware of the SS as well as Galactus event. I`m not comparing Mundus to Mephisto but rather showing how powerful Dante truly is and that`s Dante by the end of DMC 1. DMC 2 he is 20x powerful in human form and has accumulated 50 years of experience in demon hunting. In Majin Form he is probably by my guest 60x more powerful than his younger self but if you add that same power with the Force Edge (unlocked form Sparda) which is the Sparda transformation he used against Mundus during the Legendary Battle then you`ll likely to have ten times more the power, so he is clearly above a planetary threat and I did not even factor in his ridiculous arsenal, abilities and combat ability in inclusion with his skills in terms of prowess. This is the same half demon who in one shot annihilated the Despair Embodied a demon who is more powerful than Mundus and who was a threat to many realms as well as the earth and he also took care of Abigail another planetary threat without any real type of DT although there was a slight amp but not by much and it was by natural ability. On top of that in none of those situations was he truly bloodlusted, with no morals and your telling me he can`t beat Mephisto? A demon`s power who is connected to his realm? This fight takes place in Las Vegas and I`m pretty sure Dante would be able to defeat Mephisto in his realm also, without PIS, CIS, or my own term CCC-Circumstancial Character Convenience and etc. Have you ever played the DMC games, read the manga, read the manuals/guidebooks or watched the anime?

Of course I can tell you Dante will lose mephisto, because none of those demons are in the same class as Mephisto. If the avengers couldn't do it, then I doubt Dante could.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate: Abigail? Despair Embodied? Seven Sins? Just because the Avengers couldn`t do it doesn`t mean that Dante can`t do it. And no I`m not trying to compare Dante to the Avengers. This is not held back by CIS or PIS but facts, truths and more.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave said:

@Death Certificate: Abigail? Despair Embodied? Seven Sins? Just because the Avengers couldn`t do it doesn`t mean that Dante can`t do it. And no I`m not trying to compare Dante to the Avengers. This is not held back by CIS or PIS but facts, truths and more.

How many of those demons statlemated Galactus, defeated the silver surfer, thor and other members of the avengers? Just because they are powerful in the DMC universe, doesn't mean they hold a candle to the Hell-Lords of Marvel. Also Mephisto isn't weak outside of his realm.

KingofComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KingofComix

@Death Certificate said:

@NeonGameWave said:

How many of those demons statlemated Galactus, defeated the silver surfer, thor and other members of the avengers? Just because they are powerful in the DMC universe, doesn't mean they hold a candle to the Hell-Lords of Marvel. Also Mephisto isn't weak outside of his realm.

Mephisto did not stalemate Galactus, He merely didn't die, that comic is taken out of context waaaaaaaay to much. Not to mention it was inside his realm! Mephisto is generally considered pretty low tier power wise compared to people like Dormammu, Odin, Galactus etc. when he's out of his realm, hell it's pretty generally accepted someone like Dormammu would beat mephisto in his own realm, then proceed to absorb it into the dark dimension.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KingofComix: He still above DMC universe terms of power. Point is Dante or any of his ailles haven't done anything in the same powerlevel as Mephisto.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dondave

Team 2 ftw

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate: That doesn`t mean anything in regards to Dante. That was under certain circumstances and that was inside of his realm. Dante`s weapons are by design meant to truly kill demons, including the soul and existential layer of essence. Dante is trained in combating all types of demons and that`s not the point. The point is that Dante is way above all of those enemies that he had beaten and Mephisto has been beaten or at least threatened and challenged to a degree by lesser beings before, it depends on the writer, circumstance, scenario and etc. That`s what makes comics so different and complicated, and don`t worry I am fully aware of CIS and PIS.

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killing demons on Mephisto's level is Dante's day job, add in Vergil or Nero with Yamato and it's a clear win for Team DMC.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave said:

@Death Certificate: That doesn`t mean anything in regards to Dante. That was under certain circumstances and that was inside of his realm. Dante`s weapons are by design meant to truly kill demons, including the soul and existential layer of essence. Dante is trained in combating all types of demons and that`s not the point. The point is that Dante is way above all of those enemies that he had beaten and Mephisto has been beaten or at least threatened and challenged to a degree by lesser beings before, it depends on the writer, circumstance, scenario and etc. That`s what makes comics so different and complicated, and don`t worry I am fully aware of CIS and PIS.

Again you don't understand concept of different universe, just like how all Gods are not equal, demons apply to the same rules. Again you didn't listen when I mentioned none of those demons are in the class as Mephisto. Go ahead name the people that have defeated Mephisto, and I bet that Dante doesn't even come close to them.

e3zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By e3zombie

@Pwok21 said:

Killing demons on Mephisto's level is Dante's day job, add in Vergil or Nero with Yamato and it's a clear win for Team DMC.

This

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

Who da FUQ is putting Dante on the same level as a full powered Mephisto?

Team 2 craps on team 1 it's not even funny.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate: Then you contradict yourself as you are underestimating the demons that Dante has faced. Within the context and possible understandings of a universal differentiation of constructable hierarchy you could approach the situation regarding Mephisto as having him placed within the DMC universe and I could see him ranking above all of the other demons except maybe the Seven Sins in which Dante had encountered in the manga (canon) at his youngest. Sparda beat all those Fallen Angels now more so depowered becoming demons as he sealed them and removed their overall power as he was in his prime, defeated Mundus and his armies of demons possibly ranging from the many thousands to thousands as he conquered hell, now Dante has most likely surpassed him in all aspects by the end of DMC 2 regardless of how you look at it, Mephisto would be another demon lord that he has to face and kill but would just be substantially higher and more difficult. Same with Dante, now lets apply him to the Marvel Universe. A more so complicated and complex universe as hyperbole`s are thrown around, characters levels continuously contradict themselves and finally last but not least the PIS as well as CIS. Now if Dante were to be placed in the Marvel Universe hierarchy he would most likely be more powerful or close to Ghost Rider, above Hulk, an contender with Thor (to some degrees) and etc. Its not about sheer power, like I told you before there`s many more aspects to a fight and a dividing battle within a crossover, different feats, levels and understanding apply. Ghost Rider, Hulk, Thor have taken on Mephisto and Dante is around that scale of power to some degrees in his own right or slightly above. But adding to that is a half demon with 50 years of experience, a huge arsenal of demon slaying weapons including blessed Holy Water, godlike transformations such as Devil Trigger, Dreadnaught and Majin Form and last but not least a strong will. Now he can definitely beat Black Heart as well as Zarathos in my personal opinion but what makes you think he can`t defeat Mephisto? Because of power? The galaxy busting point of a nuisance? Virtual omnipotence within his realm as falsely stated by Marvel as it was done for Dormammu and Shuma Gorath? Did I forget to mention that Dante also has sealing techniques that are ancient seals used to bind and contain demons, or demon lords in general? Jackpot? Sword of Sparda? Yamato?

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@NeonGameWave: You already admitted the demons Dante has faced are planetary threats at best, which is low for a Hell-Lord at marvel. Sparda's power is vague due to word of mouth, i.e. we know he's very powerful in DMC but what else? Dante in DMC2 being more powerful? Hardly matters when his feats are lacking. Don't kid yourself, Dante will face the fate as Nova, without Galactus bailing her out (Nova the herald that can create suns).

Marvel Universe. A more so complicated and complex universe as hyperbole`s are thrown around, characters levels continuously contradict themselves and finally last but not least the PIS as well as CIS

Yup just Marvel, cleary video games, shounen manga and various medias never have this problem. Yamato has no hyperbole around it all.

Now if Dante were to be placed in the Marvel Universe hierarchy he would most likely be more powerful or close to Ghost Rider, above Hulk, an contender with Thor (to some degrees) and etc.

When Dante actually gets feats on their level.....

Its not about sheer power, like I told you before there`s many more aspects to a fight and a dividing battle within a crossover, different feats, levels and understanding apply.

Expect Dante has zero advantages

Ghost Rider, Hulk, Thor have taken on Mephisto and Dante is around that scale of power to some degrees in his own right or slightly above.

I highly doubt that, not to mention only one of these guys Defeated him and amped when it.

But adding to that is a half demon with 50 years of experience, a huge arsenal of demon slaying weapons including blessed Holy Water, godlike transformations such as Devil Trigger, Dreadnaught and Majin Form and last but not least a strong will. Now he can definitely beat Black Heart as well as Zarathos in my personal opinion but what makes you think he can`t defeat Mephisto?

LOL at holy water being effective to Mephisto. Nice to have personal opinion that nobody else argee with. Your points against Mephisto rely too much on baseless specualtion on Dante's weapons being effective just because it killed demons in his universe, not taking the fact that Dante has never faced anybody on Mephisto level's.

KingofComix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By KingofComix

@Death Certificate said:

@KingofComix: He still above DMC universe terms of power. Point is Dante or any of his ailles haven't done anything in the same powerlevel as Mephisto.

I know I was just pointing out how that scan is constantly taken out of context. Mephisto is nowhere near powerful enough to take on galactus, he's not even nigh omnipotent in his own realm, pretty any of the stronger beings in Marvels continuity could just walk in and destroy him.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By NeonGameWave

@Death Certificate: Planetary threats as well as being threats to realms, the point is Dante is way above them. Sparda may lack in feats but Dante is a good example of how powerful he could of been. Yeah right, what does Galactus or Nova have to do with anything?Are you trying to justify for Mephisto via the comparable situation of foes and circumstances method ?

When did I say, claim or hint at that idea? Marvel being one of the more evident universes, why not sure. I've heard this argument before and I can easily explain why its not overrated or supported by massive hyperbole although there may be a form of over hype.

I knew that argument was coming.

Zero advantages? What, raw power? Destroying a galaxy? Dante being the demon hunter that he is has all the advantages that he needs.

Under CCC, CIS, PIS, plot as well as writer restrictions and varied views, okay.

I mentioned Holy Water because its not only a powerful item but it shows how versatile Dante is. Your points rely on assumptions and speculative theories in regards to the idea of power in contrast to Dante who is far above all of his enemies by the end of DMC 2.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Pretty boy loses.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loooooool.

Two of these ni**** are Doctor Strange level and above. Is this serious?

Avatar image for danteisterrible
Danteisterrible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pwok21: NLF about Dantes demon slaying skills to prove he wins. Dante being a demon God of hunting demons in his verse does not mean he can hunt any fictional demon, That's just a bunch of bs.

FreakGamerA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any one from team 2 solo stomps.

mrkillingspree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freakgamera: they can beat standard Gr depending on the version of the dmc team but they get stomped by the 2 hell lords

FreakGamerA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrkillingspree: Aye, they might defeat the movie version of GR, but not the comics one. Comics GR will stomp the entire DMC badly.