Dante from Devil May Cry (Beowulf) vs Superman

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cerberus369616

First and Foremost I am pretty sure none of the Dante v Superman threads cover this scenario but if they due I have no problem with a Lock.

Dante using the Beowulf

No Caption Provided

vs

New 52 Superman

No Caption Provided

Rules

Versions - New 52 Superman and Dante from DMC1-4 and the Anime

Arena - And indestructible Replica of New York City. There are no bystanders.

Morals - Off

No BFR

Bloodlust - Off

Stats - Speed and Reaction are equalized. Speed (Combat and Travel) is set to Mach 7 and Reaction is set to Mach 14. All other Stats are standard for their character.

Powers - Supes has all powers except Frost Breath and Flight. Dante has access to all Beowulf skills and all of his styles except Dark Slayer, Quicksilver and Doppleganger, basically only his starting 4 Styles. Dante can Devil Trigger 5 times in the fight and each has a minute Cool Down before he can use it again.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really had to strip Superman to try and make this "fair"...lol

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: I stripped Dante Down too. Took away the vast majority of his weapons. Took away his clone ability, his Time Control Ability, his style that lets him cut things on a dimensional scale.

I lowered both of their speeds and both of their reactions. I just took away the "arguments" that both sides rely on to prove their guy can win like Quicksilver and speed blitz.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616: Superman is still wayyyyyyyyyy stronger. Beowulf is a magic weapon yes? Dante could possibly wear him down but I see Supes taking him down.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616: This scenario actually makes it harder for Dante to win. With just Beowulf he's not injuring Superman, and with totally equalized speed he has no advantage.

Avatar image for regnierofhexter
RegnierOfHexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I remember right beowulf increases dante's punching power and can make his punches go lightspeed? Still has royal guard too so he should win

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: So you go from me trying to stack it in Dante's favor to Superman still having a clear advantage? Nice. Anyway While Supes does have the massive strength and Durability advantage Dante has a Magical Weapon (means of hurting Supes) and Royal Guard (means of defending against Supes) , there fore the fight should be pretty even.

@nickzambuto I agree aspects of this fight do make it harder for Dante, like giving Supes the range advantage. But Dante should still be able to harm Supes since Beowulf uses magical energies, and with Devil Trigger he could do some serious damage in bursts. Royal Gaurd to simulate Supes invulnerability should make this a decent show down as long as Dante plays his cards right.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616: Well you were trying to but Supes would still win. lmao. Nice

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto I agree aspects of this fight do make it harder for Dante, like giving Supes the range advantage. But Dante should still be able to harm Supes since Beowulf uses magical energies, and with Devil Trigger he could do some serious damage in bursts. Royal Gaurd to simulate Supes invulnerability should make this a decent show down as long as Dante plays his cards right.

Personally I believe just using standard Dante and standard Superman, no stipulations beyond that, just throwing them into the ring is a better fight, and one that Dante has a shot at winning.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616 said:

Personally I believe just using standard Dante and standard Superman, no stipulations beyond that, just throwing them into the ring is a better fight, and one that Dante has a shot at winning.

I agree and those have been done before, like a lot of them, and I was gonna bump one of them but all of them were full of just -

"Dante Quicksilver Blitzs, Time Control" and "Superman speed Blitzs, FTL " so i wanted to try and limit those if I was gonna bump a thread and If i was gonna bump a thread full of blitz arguments I though I might as well just make a new one.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aenvus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You didn't take away Royal Guard so Dante wins effortlessly.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HellBlazing

You really had to strip Superman to try and make this "fair"...lol

Yup.

@darthaznable: I stripped Dante Down too. Took away the vast majority of his weapons. Took away his clone ability, his Time Control Ability, his style that lets him cut things on a dimensional scale.

I lowered both of their speeds and both of their reactions. I just took away the "arguments" that both sides rely on to prove their guy can win like Quicksilver and speed blitz.

BORRRRINGGGG.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DeathHero61

Supes one shots. And besides you forgot about the sun. So any restrictions are practically useless considering supes power level constantly rises with sunlight alone.

@aenvus said:

You didn't take away Royal Guard so Dante wins effortlessly.

Its still up to dante to activate it. Dante isn't hurting a man who can bench press planets and tank planet busters. And can literally make himself more stronger via the sun.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HellBlazing

What's funny is that despite your best efforts to depower Superman...

No Caption Provided

He still one-shots Dante.

Forgot about laser vision.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellblazing: I don't know why I'm gonna bother responding since your "BORRRIGGGG" remark clearly shows your a biased troglodyte but I guess I'm just in for a headache tonight. As my previous post says I didn't just depower Supes or strips supes down as your reaction seems to dictate I did. I depowered both of them, pretty much equally. Infact I stripped MORE powers from Dante than I did Supes and both of them are arguably FTL in both reaction and Speed so that hardly matters other than to cut out talks of speed blitz. Hell since I limited Dante's style and speed I even hampered his Gunslinger Style from doing anything and the more potent aspects of his trickster style. Really Dante got the much harder nerf and I made the fight harder for him in alot of ways as Nickzambuto pointed out. Also I didn't forget about Heat Vision, I infact if you refer to me talking to nickzambuto said supes still has the ranged option. Not that it is a gurantee for him to win since Dante has Royal Gaurd which deflects ranged attacks even if they encompass his entire Body.

Loading Video...

But your Biased so my words have no doubt fallen upon deaf ears.

@deathhero61: Saying superman just gets infinetly stronger while in the sun , especially over the course of a fight is false. The same way Hulk doesn't just get infinitely stronger. They have the potential to get infinitely more powerful but potential is not the same thing as it just happening. Superman is weak to Magic so Dante has he potential to put him down considering his attacks are magically imbued. While the hits Dante will take more of a toll than the hit Supes will take (for the most part), Dante has a HF which can be improved via Royal Guard and Devil Trigger. And what do you mean Dante "Has to activate it" in regards to Royal Guard? Like how supes has to "activate" his heat vision or they have to "Decide" to move? not really a weakness of any skill honestly...

This match isn't stacked against oneside at all and neither side holds some sort of RIDICULOUS advantage to suggest it's a mismatch. For just half a second why don't you guys put your bias to the side and actually THINK about the fight. You might surprise yourselves.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellblazing: Dante's survived much worst. Heat vision won't cut it.

(to all users) Just throwing this out there, Dante's regen prevents one shotting. Also, he has tanked Hellfire before. And he is a 100K tonner. And he is a lightspeeder (not that it counts for this fight, but just to clear up any misconceptions I thought I'd mention it). All of which I have scans to prove.

Now, in this scenario, Dante still isn't as strong as Superman. Superman is still vulnerable, however, to the 100+ class punches, but it won't be enough. So, Superman should still win 7/10 times in this scenario.

Now, with all powers in a fist fight, I would say Dante would win (due to hax powers).

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: O.O Dante's tanked more than Doomsday killer Heat Vision?

RegnierOfHexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman punch...royal guard......heat vision........royal guard....more superman punches....royal guard....more superman punches....royal release THEN air trick, stinger fist, and rising dragon

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616: Irrelevant. I still don't see how superman couldn't one shot him. Unless im missing something superman can punch moons and planets. And physically out matches him in a severity of ways. BTW royal guard is irrelevant in this fight. It hasn't blocked something comparable to superman's punches.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman punch...royal guard......heat vision........royal guard....more superman punches....royal guard....more superman punches....royal release THEN air trick, stinger fist, and rising dragon

The fight ends with superman's punch. Royal guard has never blocked a punch on par with superman's.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarkRaiden

Supes stomps. Oneshots with a punch or heat vision. royal guard is practically featless compared to Superman.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cerberus369616

@cerberus369616: Irrelevant. I still don't see how superman couldn't one shot him. Unless im missing something superman can punch moons and planets. And physically out matches him in a severity of ways. BTW royal guard is irrelevant in this fight. It hasn't blocked something comparable to superman's punches.

Well

1. Lifting Strength does Equal Striking Power. Otherwise Batman would not hit harder than the Flash and we all know that is not true. Speed makes up a significant portion of it. Now Supes and Hulk do transfer a greater deal of their strength without speed than a lot of characters but Supes BEST striking feats in N52 had him using his superior speed, by feats. Planet Busting and moonbusting he has a rev up phase where he has to accelerate all the way up to seemingly FTL speeds. His standing striking feats don't even appraoch that , not to mention even those still assume his hand is moving close to FTL when he punches too.

Loading Video...

2. As in the above video Dante can block any attack with Royal Guard including blows from a multi thousand ton giant godlike Demon Statue, energy or otherwise. Royal Gaurd has very much earned it's invincible reputation.

3.Dante has similarly tanked blows from enemies of the Savour's size and caliber. Not too mention he has a very significant Healing Factor akin to Wolverine's combined with a DMC3 technique Via Royal Gaurd to deflect any incoming damage , absorb the impact and use it as restorative energies and a royal guard ability once he collects enough rage to become temporarily invulnerable. Danteisn't just gonna get one shot.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616: Sigh this comment is so..... whatever.

Supes stomps. Oneshots with a punch or heat vision. royal guard is practically featless compared to Superman.

All i have to say is this. So much this.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly under these conditions Dante would be hard-pressed to win...

Superior combat skills and the versatility of his weapons/abilities are what helps Dante win fights, and yet both of those are taken away here.

Royal Guard is his only option, and it's subjective whether or not he could reflect an attack of such power.

Jmarshmallow

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly under these conditions Dante would be hard-pressed to win...

Superior combat skills and the versatility of his weapons/abilities are what helps Dante win fights, and yet both of those are taken away here.

Royal Guard is his only option, and it's subjective whether or not he could reflect an attack of such power.

Jmarshmallow

This. I honestly think if Supes gives him one or two punches it's a wrap.

RegnierOfHexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RegnierOfHexter

Is dante allowed his ranged weapons? Ebony, Ivory, Coyote Shotgun, Artemis, Kalina Ann, Pandora, or Nightmare? SInce he has Gunslinger skillz

In which case wouldnt some of these weapons be able to harm superman? Like Artemis, Nightmare, Pandora, his hand guns and shotgun can fire demonically charged bullets.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: I'm not disagreeing with you on the outcome of the fight, I'm honestly not sure of it myself.

But I'm curious what feats you're referring to that makes Dante a 100K tonner....because I can't recall any...

Jmarshmallow

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HellBlazing

@106me said:

@hellblazing: Dante's survived much worst. Heat vision won't cut it.

(to all users) Just throwing this out there, Dante's regen prevents one shotting. Also, he has tanked Hellfire before. And he is a 100K tonner. And he is a lightspeeder (not that it counts for this fight, but just to clear up any misconceptions I thought I'd mention it). All of which I have scans to prove.

Now, in this scenario, Dante still isn't as strong as Superman. Superman is still vulnerable, however, to the 100+ class punches, but it won't be enough. So, Superman should still win 7/10 times in this scenario.

Now, with all powers in a fist fight, I would say Dante would win (due to hax powers).

Doomsday's healing factor didn't prevent Superman from tearing him apart so what's your point?

@cerberus369616 said:

@deathhero61 said:

Well

1. Lifting Strength does Equal Striking Power. Otherwise Batman would not hit harder than the Flash and we all know that is not true. Speed makes up a significant portion of it. Now Supes and Hulk do transfer a greater deal of their strength without speed than a lot of characters but Supes BEST striking feats in N52 had him using his superior speed, by feats. Planet Busting and moonbusting he has a rev up phase where he has to accelerate all the way up to seemingly FTL speeds. His standing striking feats don't even appraoch that , not to mention even those still assume his hand is moving close to FTL when he punches too.

Loading Video...

2. As in the above video Dante can block any attack with Royal Guard including blows from a multi thousand ton giant godlike Demon Statue, energy or otherwise. Royal Gaurd has very much earned it's invincible reputation.

3.Dante has similarly tanked blows from enemies of the Savour's size and caliber. Not too mention he has a very significant Healing Factor akin to Wolverine's combined with a DMC3 technique Via Royal Gaurd to deflect any incoming damage , absorb the impact and use it as restorative energies and a royal guard ability once he collects enough rage to become temporarily invulnerable. Danteisn't just gonna get one shot.

Which all goes down the drain ever since you took away Dante's ability to react FTL.

Dante gets fried at the start of the bout.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is dante allowed his ranged weapons? Ebony, Ivory, Coyote Shotgun, Artemis, Kalina Ann, Pandora, or Nightmare? SInce he has Gunslinger skillz

In which case wouldnt some of these weapons be able to harm superman? Like Artemis, Nightmare, Pandora, his hand guns and shotgun can fire demonically charged bullets.

Nope only allowed beowulf. You know that practically useless melee weapon? This is pretty much a stomp. Superman physically outclasses dante.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By 106me

@jmarshmallow: @hellblazing:

@hellblazing: There hasn't been a single form of heat that's managed to scratch Dante thus far in the series. He's tanked everything from re-entry level heat to magical hellfire without injury. His regeneration and heat resistance are beyond Doomsday's.

@jmarshmallow: I did the math with Dante lifting up the Savior. I'll post my results and the scan of Dante lifting up the savior later (because I don't have a laptop with me right now). I can't really say the exact amount of force Dante absorbed when he blocked the Savior's punch, but it's probably around 400-500K ton range. I'll show you the results when I'm on a computer.

HellBlazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

@hellblazing: There hasn't been a single form of heat that's managed to scratch Dante thus far in the series. He's tanked everything from re-entry level heat to magical hellfire without injury. His regeneration and heat resistance are beyond Doomsday's.

@jmarshmallow: I did the math with Dante lifting up the Savior. I'll post my results and the scan of Dante lifting up the savior later (because I don't have a laptop with me right now). I can't really say the exact amount of force Dante absorbed when he blocked the Savior's punch, but it's probably around 400-500K ton range. I'll show you the results when I'm on a computer.

Which is nothing compared to Superman's heat vision. I don't recall Dante ever tanking anything near that amount of heat. If anything he has been stopped by mere impaling. Granted he came back from it but that was because he was giving time to heal. Something he can't afford here. If anything he gets crippled by the beam and then finished off afterwards after being turned into charcoal.

And no, it's ridiculous for you to say that Dante has better durability than Doomsday when Doom is a teambuster of the highest order.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

Which is nothing compared to Superman's heat vision. I don't recall Dante ever tanking anything near that amount of heat. If anything he has been stopped by mere impaling. Granted he came back from it but that was because he was giving time to heal. Something he can't afford here. If anything he gets crippled by the beam and then finished off afterwards after being turned into charcoal.

And no, it's ridiculous for you to say that Dante has better durability than Doomsday when Doom is a teambuster of the highest order.

He has tanked Fire from Berial, Conquerer of the Fire Hell who just by casually existing can light entire towns on fire. He's tank fire from Phantom who is made of Lava. He has casually stood in Lava while fighting Mundus. And using Royal Guard he has deflected an energy beam from the Savour , a Godlike Being. Not too mention he has tanked that same Beam. He's only been "stopped" once from impaling and that was after fighting an entire fight with his brother who is every bit his equal in combat, if not outright his superior at that point since Vergil had unlocked more of his demonic powers at that point than Dante. And in that fight he had already been impaled once before. Again by a being with stats comparable to his. So yes Dante can be taken down by some one on his level after an entire fight. Every other time he has been impaled like with Nero, when he had taken a Massive beating before hand (that he let happen) or when the Demonic Sword Alastor impaled him in a test that no one had previously survived he casually handled it without any problem at all. And both of those were still done by very high caliber beings. So no Dante is not some slouch in the durability department.

You can believe that Dante is gonna lose here, but to insinuate this is a stomp either implies a vast misunderstanding of Dante of the low balling variety or a vast over estimation of N52 Supes of the fanboy variety.

RegnierOfHexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RegnierOfHexter
Loading Video...

@deathhero61: Actually Beowulf in the hands of an expert is a very powerful weapon in DMC, I cleared alot of DMD and HoH missions with just Beowulf

More on royal guard: note when you Hit this BLitz demon when its aura is up your suppopse to get hurt and since this is DMD difficulty every hit on Dante is a KO but Royal Guard can stop it

RegnierOfHexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@regnierofhexter: No, I limited him to Beowulf, he can use the ranged firbal like attack and Ligth Shockwave attacks he has with beowulf but those constitute his ranged capabilities. I mentioned earlier how the lack of guns pretty much removes Gunslinger style as an option. I honestly nerfed Dante the hardest despite some of the Superman fans trying to make it seem like I nerfed Supes way harder to give Dante a fighting chance, when if anything I made the fight harder for Dante than if they both had their full powerset.

RegnierOfHexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cerberus369616: thanks for the clarification :)

Still Goin with Dante speed equalized seals it; adding royal guards defense & counter along with the trick ability(teleport) combined with the SM skills will give him a Win, 7/10. All of his abilities can be nullified by Dante so it's a tough battle for Supes.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dudes, Dante is not on Superman's tier in anything, give it up. Superman could solo the DMC world if he wanted to. Nothing has the strength or the speed to beat him, no demonic beings in it will withstand his raw power, because Superman has tooken far worse from being that can threaten the fabric or reality.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dudes, Dante is not on Superman's tier in anything, give it up. Superman could solo the DMC world if he wanted to. Nothing has the strength or the speed to beat him, no demonic beings in it will withstand his raw power, because Superman has tooken far worse from being that can threaten the fabric or reality.

Solo the DMC Verse?

He can beat a lot of people within the DMC verse but there are some that Brute force simply won't do. And Dante's verse is filled with HAX. And lot's of it. And Reality Warping beings.

He barely lasts a day there.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets not get crazy

Taken.......

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Khael

Wait, how about royal guard, majin form and devil form?

Dante stomps under this situation

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jimishim12

@khael said:

Wait, how about royal guard, majin form and devil form?

Dante stomps under this situation

Those just get by passed then, IMP or T-vo, choose your poison.

Those things won't even protect him from BFR even from 52 Supes, royal guard doesn't protect against cutscene bosses and Superman is ftl and exceeds all DMC bosses in pure raw strength, plus he has solar flare mode.

Solo the DMC Verse?

He can beat a lot of people within the DMC verse but there are some that Brute force simply won't do. And Dante's verse is filled with HAX. And lot's of it. And Reality Warping beings.

He barely lasts a day there

Theres nothing in DMC that comes close to Darkseid and Dominus and Superman beat them handly, Doomsday also solos since theres nothing that can stop him from adapting to all the bosses and demon lords there.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Khael

@jimishim12: Nobody cares about that. With equalized speed, Superman can't even touch Dante due to his far far superior skill, Superman can't fight at all

Dante almost never really need to defend himself, most of those demons and bosses are a joke to him

Read the OP

Oh yeah, Mundus would stomp Superman even without all of these restriction

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael:

Agaun prove these outliers against a man who fights and wins against universal to multiversal reality warpers.

Dante gets pasted until then. Even 52 wins, his magic resistance is stronger even of that of post crisis.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: Multiversal? what multiversal? what reality warper? Even if he did, he doesn't have all of this restriction when he did that...

What magic resistance? He only had the minor one even then he was shown to be vulnerable most of the time, Dante's magic even rival Mundus who has a legit reality warping feats....

Supes can't even catch Dante, he loses

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

@jimishim12: Multiversal? what multiversal? what reality warper? Even if he did, he doesn't have all of this restriction when he did that...

What magic resistance? He only had the minor one even then he was shown to be vulnerable most of the time, Dante's magic even rival Mundus who has a legit reality warping feats....

Supes can't even catch Dante, he loses

Brainac and yes Superman resisted his timespace mutlversal mind rape, kicked his ass and traveled from the end of the universe back to his home.

Superman is so beyond mundas he'd bench press him like he did the earth for five days.

Dante has no chance.