owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator
Dani Moonstar runs a gauntlet.

Dani is in her recent valkyrie form, and has her magic sword and armor.  She does not have her horse.

Battle takes place in a depopulated elementary school playground.  She starts 10' away from her opponent in each round.  No morals.

She is fully healed and rested after each round.  Where does she stop?

Round 1: Blade, with two katanas and 10 wood stakes
Round 2: Puma, with katana if he wants to use it
Round 3: Warpath (recent 25 ton strength level), with two vibranium knives
Round 4: Wrecker, with crowbar
Round 5: Skurge the Executioner, with magic axe

It seems to me that Dani's power level is pretty vague right now.  Clearly she is superhumanly enhanced to some degree in her valkyrie form (she states that she feels super charged when she transforms into that form) but I'm not sure how much.  Standard Asgardian woman strength level (25 tons)?  The same strength level as Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) (45 tons)?  I'd like to use this gauntlet to get a sense of how tough you think she is--how strong, how durable, how skilled.

I know Dani beat Ares some time ago.  I don't know a lot about this fight, but it seems to me that it must have either been in some unusual context (maybe she took him by surprise?) or the writers were just on her side....I find it hard to believe that the "main" Valkyrie (Brunnhilde) could beat Ares, and I can't see Dani being more formidable than Val.  But maybe I'm wrong, and if so I'd be glad to hear more about the Ares fight.

Anyway, how does she do here?

Dani as a Valkyrie
Dani as a Valkyrie

Blade
Blade
Puma
Puma
Warpath
Warpath

Wrecker
Wrecker
Executioner
Executioner
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Interesting thread. Love Dani Moonstar but I am not familiar enough with Puma, Wrecker or Executioner to know if she could beat them. She is an excellent h2h fighter, great skill with a bow and can profiicently handle a sword, but part of me thinks she wouldn't make it past round 1 due to Blade's superior skill level with a blade and h2h, and his speed. I haven't seen anything to suggest that Dani's valkyrie powers give her any physical enhancements. Her fight with Ares kind of felt like PIS/WIS IMO.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By owie  Moderator

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Interesting thread. Love Dani Moonstar but I am not familiar enough with Puma, Wrecker or Executioner to know if she could beat them. She is an excellent h2h fighter, great skill with a bow and can profiicently handle a sword, but part of me thinks she wouldn't make it past round 1 due to Blade's superior skill level with a blade and h2h, and his speed. I haven't seen anything to suggest that Dani's valkyrie powers give her any physical enhancements. Her fight with Ares kind of felt like PIS/WIS IMO.

Thanks. Puma is a 14-tonner who's agile and fast enough to fight with Spider-Man, and he's got some fairly solid ninja-trained skills. Wrecker is a 40-tonner who has plenty of low showings, but has also done well in fights against Thor and the entire New Avengers. He's got a magic crowbar that's a pretty solid blunt weapon, he can tear down buildings with it. Executioner is in my opinion almost certainly too tough for her; he would be about Ares' level; he's a great Asgardian warrior, 60 or 70 tons, with an axe that can shoot heat and cold and a few other things.

I agree that Blade may actually be a pretty good match for her due to his skills and speed, although I think she would probably get by due to her armor if nothing else. Plus her sword is magic, she's used it to one-shot the Hellions after they were turned into undead techno-organic beings by a future Warlock by cutting out their souls, and similarly one-shotted the future Doug/Warlock in the same way. She also used it to destroy some kind of bonds the Warlock-world was using to bind her. So I think if she gets a reasonable hit on Blade or anyone else, that might be all she needs.

In so far as her enhancements go, I haven't seen anything that directly proves enhanced strength or durability, although I also haven't seen anything to the contrary. Things that make me think she is enhanced include her fights against tons of demons in Hel, which I think would require a degree of superhuman strength, as well as when Hela gave her and the other New Mutants magic weapons, after which Dani was able to take some of the Disir on one-on-one. And even though I'm sure the Ares fight was WS/PIS, it implies that she must have some kind of elevated stats. In the scans below she says specifically that she feels new power as a valkyrie: "I feel a surge of power. Unmistakable power. Unbidden, the gifts granted to me by the goddess Hela manifest." and "You knew the dead would activate my valkyrie power." Now what exactly that "valkyrie power" means is ambiguous, but I take it to mean that she probably gets at least normal Asgardian woman strength/durability. (The last pic is her busting out of the Warlock-world's bonds.)

But where she falls in this gauntlet I don't know. I agree with you that she's reasonably skilled, but her opponents are probably more so. I guess I would say she gets beaten by Warpath, or only beats him in a squeaker.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By robertloucksjr

I think the Ares fight was PIS unless Hela gave her a short-term boost just for that battle. Wrecker is a coin flip, Executioner puts her down easily.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Owie: Good points. I am eager to see what she does in the upcoming Fearless Defenders. I do think Dani is skilled enough to pull off a hit against Blade with her sword, which I totaly forgot about the asgardian magic in her blade. I'll think on the battle more.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By owie  Moderator
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Owie: Good points. I am eager to see what she does in the upcoming Fearless Defenders. I do think Dani is skilled enough to pull off a hit against Blade with her sword, which I totaly forgot about the asgardian magic in her blade. I'll think on the battle more.

Yeah I'm looking forward to the Fearless Defenders too.  Being connected with other melee-style fighters like Val and Misty should give us some more feats for her battles, too.