Dane's Alternate Universe Surprise Showdown!

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#151  Edited By dane
@Buckshot said:
" @Dane said:
" @Buckshot: I've had a brief look at their powers. The wiki entries I find for the limitations or extent of their powers are extremely vague.   Ones I can say off the bat, Tao's power is no if it works to the extent that he could undermine an entire sentient force. In one way I would be willing to allow it because from what I can tell, it would only work on humans. I mean if Tao tries to undermine the confidence of a Xenomorph he's going to die painfully. Grifter's skills from what I've seen are perfectly acceptable. The problem I have is people like Holden Carver and Dane, what are the extent of their abilities? what can they affect and what can they not affect etc. Also, what is the durability of a "Basic Force Field", what is it being generated by, etc.   Oh and Zealot and Majestic's skills are inapplicable. They have built them up over immortal life spans which means a normal human could never have that much battle experience."
Keep looking stuff up so you know for yourself for sure, but I'll address what you said.  Tao's power only works on humans as demonstrated so far, but I was hoping to use Battalion or Dane to broadcast it to every enemy capable of thought. I haven't read Sleeper in a while so I don't know the exact limits of Holden's abilities. Dane is below Spider-Man in all physical stats except durability since he's a little bit bullet proof (not to the level of Luke Cage though). What do you mean what can they affect? Holden's pain/damage transference works on things capable of feeling pain, and Dane's psychic abilities work on all things. I wanted a force field just because most of the guys aren't superhumanly durable and don't have healing of any sort. It doesn't have to be super awesome, but as good as possible (so they're not randomly getting killed by carpet bombs or other enemies while they're fighting some h2h). A lot of comic characters have amassed more skills than any human possibly could. I'm not sure I get why their skills aren't allowed. Could that be explained? "

I take it Battalion/Dane's telepathy is not sufficient to cripple enemies in the ilk of Professor Xavier or something right? 
Force-Fields are tricky because it's hard to quantify what will and won't go through it. It's not like a bullet-proof vest where I can just say it'll stop low caliber bullets but won't stop high caliber bullets.  I mean what happens if a Xenomorph from aliens jumps on one of your guys with a force field? do they bounce off and hit a wall or something? It's a lot easier to use armor, even if it's vibranium because we sort of all know whats going to happen. I'm sorry if my lack of Wildstorm gets in the way of your dream team, cause thats sort of what threads like this are about, building your dream team. I'll keep reading as much as I can but you may have to trade in some powers/abilities for some more common ones.

The problem with the skills of an immortal is the thousands of years of battle experience you'll have pumped into your brain instantly. I would prefer knowledge that can be accumulated within a human lifetime. It's tricky because someone like Batman has a highly unrealistic level of knowledge in virtually everything. But someone like Zealot, imo is far above Batman in fighting skills and battle experience. That just isn't a realistic skill-set for a human. Keep in mind the characters will be regular vine members, not hyper advanced immortal aliens. Thousands of years of knowledge being pumped into their brains in a few seconds could radically alter their perception or even drive them insane. It's supposed to be Matrix style and in the movies learning even single martial arts at a time was said to be incredibly mentally strenuous. It might take someone the whole month to learn Batman's knowledge and fighting skills so I just think Zealot/Majestic is pushing it beyond the boundaries a bit.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By dane

Clue #1

Alright boys and girls, time to spice things up. Every day before the army is announced (Today and tomorrow), I will produce a single clue pertaining to your mysterious opposition for budding detectives to solve.  Those who manage to decypher it are asked to keep it to themselves. Your reward shall be your hints of knowledge about the army you will be facing. Keep in mind, of course you may change your army according to what you think the clue means, you may or may not be right. I will not confirm the meaning behind the clue. Do not post your guesses or ideas in this thread.

Today's clue is as follows:

"This morning I met my friend Luke for breakfast at 8:30am"

Good luck.
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#153  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Dane said:
I take it Battalion/Dane's telepathy is not sufficient to cripple enemies in the ilk of Professor Xavier or something right?  Force-Fields are tricky because it's hard to quantify what will and won't go through it. It's not like a bullet-proof vest where I can just say it'll stop low caliber bullets but won't stop high caliber bullets.  I mean what happens if a Xenomorph from aliens jumps on one of your guys with a force field? do they bounce off and hit a wall or something? It's a lot easier to use armor, even if it's vibranium because we sort of all know whats going to happen. I'm sorry if my lack of Wildstorm gets in the way of your dream team, cause thats sort of what threads like this are about, building your dream team. I'll keep reading as much as I can but you may have to trade in some powers/abilities for some more common ones.  The problem with the skills of an immortal is the thousands of years of battle experience you'll have pumped into your brain instantly. I would prefer knowledge that can be accumulated within a human lifetime. It's tricky because someone like Batman has a highly unrealistic level of knowledge in virtually everything. But someone like Zealot, imo is far above Batman in fighting skills and battle experience. That just isn't a realistic skill-set for a human. Keep in mind the characters will be regular vine members, not hyper advanced immortal aliens. Thousands of years of knowledge being pumped into their brains in a few seconds could radically alter their perception or even drive them insane. It's supposed to be Matrix style and in the movies learning even single martial arts at a time was said to be incredibly mentally strenuous. It might take someone the whole month to learn Batman's knowledge and fighting skills so I just think Zealot/Majestic is pushing it beyond the boundaries a bit. "
Neither psychic is going to shut down the whole force with their psychic abilties but they can instantly kill individuals and small groups. Battalion has the greater range and his tk can be used more broadly and as force fields and such. I guess I'll say vibranium armor then. Can't think of any kind of WS armor that's solid but not too good. It's ok if I have to change stuff, I'm not trying to break your thread or anything and there are plenty of WS characters to choose from. I guess I just don't see why one thing crosses the line of how much info you can take and why another doesn't. I see that they have more, but I guess it's just easier for me to except a physical limit (Spider-Man) than a mental one when there's already going to be stuff happening to their minds and bodies that normal people wouldn't be able to take anyway. It's not all fighting either. Majestic's skills are more for his understanding of physics, and while I imagine his knowledge would grow, I feel like what he learned in his first few decades would be pretty much the same for the rest of his life. If they're not allowed though I guess I can find some other combat masters and science wizards with human life spans. (Whoever has Tao's mind should be able to compensate since his mind can handle things far beyond what a normal person can.)
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By dane
@Buckshot said:
" @Dane said:
I take it Battalion/Dane's telepathy is not sufficient to cripple enemies in the ilk of Professor Xavier or something right?  Force-Fields are tricky because it's hard to quantify what will and won't go through it. It's not like a bullet-proof vest where I can just say it'll stop low caliber bullets but won't stop high caliber bullets.  I mean what happens if a Xenomorph from aliens jumps on one of your guys with a force field? do they bounce off and hit a wall or something? It's a lot easier to use armor, even if it's vibranium because we sort of all know whats going to happen. I'm sorry if my lack of Wildstorm gets in the way of your dream team, cause thats sort of what threads like this are about, building your dream team. I'll keep reading as much as I can but you may have to trade in some powers/abilities for some more common ones.  The problem with the skills of an immortal is the thousands of years of battle experience you'll have pumped into your brain instantly. I would prefer knowledge that can be accumulated within a human lifetime. It's tricky because someone like Batman has a highly unrealistic level of knowledge in virtually everything. But someone like Zealot, imo is far above Batman in fighting skills and battle experience. That just isn't a realistic skill-set for a human. Keep in mind the characters will be regular vine members, not hyper advanced immortal aliens. Thousands of years of knowledge being pumped into their brains in a few seconds could radically alter their perception or even drive them insane. It's supposed to be Matrix style and in the movies learning even single martial arts at a time was said to be incredibly mentally strenuous. It might take someone the whole month to learn Batman's knowledge and fighting skills so I just think Zealot/Majestic is pushing it beyond the boundaries a bit. "
Neither psychic is going to shut down the whole force with their psychic abilties but they can instantly kill individuals and small groups. Battalion has the greater range and his tk can be used more broadly and as force fields and such. I guess I'll say vibranium armor then. Can't think of any kind of WS armor that's solid but not too good. It's ok if I have to change stuff, I'm not trying to break your thread or anything and there are plenty of WS characters to choose from. I guess I just don't see why one thing crosses the line of how much info you can take and why another doesn't. I see that they have more, but I guess it's just easier for me to except a physical limit (Spider-Man) than a mental one when there's already going to be stuff happening to their minds and bodies that normal people wouldn't be able to take anyway. It's not all fighting either. Majestic's skills are more for his understanding of physics, and while I imagine his knowledge would grow, I feel like what he learned in his first few decades would be pretty much the same for the rest of his life. If they're not allowed though I guess I can find some other combat masters and science wizards with human life spans. (Whoever has Tao's mind should be able to compensate since his mind can handle things far beyond what a normal person can.) "
Perhaps. I know it's part of your characters powersets but I would really, really rather avoid TP/TK in a "street-level only" thread. Even if they're at low levels it will only invite more people to push the limits of how far I'm willing to allow TP/TK. I don't want to stop you from using your fav. characters but at the same time I need to keep in mind the numbers for the army I make. I'd also say the line you're aiming for is a group that will work very well against some armies and very poorly against others. It's a gambit and it may or may not pay off.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#155  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Dane said:
" @k4tzm4n said:

" There are some massively epic teams going on here.   Brainstorm:  Dane, your awesome thread has given me a concept idea.  What about (much later on) creating a roster on comicvine members. From there, each member can select a partner (this way no one is on two teams).  Then, they use your concept of 1 power, 1 skill, 1 ability...and then after the training period, the two teams must face off in a debate and people vote on who wins?  TAG TEAM VINE BATTLE! lol "

I would be honored to have my concept used in such a way. You could choose your powers, make smaller teams and take on pre-built scenarios or other CV teams. Totally up to you guys however you want to work that. And then I could totally choose my own powers without feeling like I'm cheating in a scenario. "
Luna and I would pwn that :P "
Hellz to the fucking YEAH!
thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#156  Edited By thetitan0

titan0: firestorms  transmutation, mr. fantastic knowledge of science, bruce banners shield.
static shock:death strokes brain,bullseye aim, sniper riffle w/ silencer. 
king Saturn: flash speed, mr.x h2h combat, stun glove. 
vance astro: juggernaut power, cap. america tactical genius, nick fury cameo. Mjolnir wielder: x man tk, jokers lack of insanity, magnetos helmet.  
every one gets bullet proof armor.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@thetitan0: There is no way the Flash's speed is allowed, or Juggernauts power.....and for Joker you mean lack of sanity, not lack of insanity.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Dane: 
No psychic powers then. Tell me where the problems are with this before I do more:

Flashpoint's powers - Grail's skill set - BPs suit
Warblade's powers - Machinist's skill set - Majestic's stealth suit
Deathtrap's powers - Rose Tattoo's skill set -  BPs suit
Original Backlash (purple whips) - Zealot's skill - BPs suit
Ambrose Chase's powers - Randall Dowling's skill set - Majestic's stealth suit            

Care to share where you think I'm aiming? Not looking for info on the enemy or anything, just curious what you think I'm planning.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By dane
@thetitan0 said:

" titan0: firestorms  transmutation, mr. fantastic knowledge of science, bruce banners shield.static shock:death strokes brain,bullseye aim, sniper riffle w/ silencer. king Saturn: flash speed, mr.x h2h combat, stun glove. vance astro: juggernaut power, cap. america tactical genius, nick fury cameo. Mjolnir wielder: x man tk, jokers lack of insanity, magnetos helmet.  every one gets bullet proof armor. "

Two Words:

Try again.

@Buckshot said:
" @Dane: No psychic powers then. Tell me where the problems are with this before I do more:Flashpoint's powers - Grail's skill set - BPs suitWarblade's powers - Machinist's skill set - Majestic's stealth suitDeathtrap's powers - Rose Tattoo's skill set -  BPs suitOriginal Backlash (purple whips) - Zealot's skill - BPs suitAmbrose Chase's powers - Randall Dowling's skill set - Majestic's stealth suit             Care to share where you think I'm aiming? Not looking for info on the enemy or anything, just curious what you think I'm planning. "

I'll read up on those. The gamble is Tao and Dane's powers would have only worked on humans. You may come up against Xenomorphs from Aliens who wouldn't be affected by this or creatures with a hive mind could cause tremendous psychic feedback. The army could be anything from myth, legend, stories, comics, games, movies etc.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#160  Edited By Ferro Vida

I won't be here to actually participate in this, but I'm going to make my team for funsies.

Ferro Vida - Obviously I need to have myself on the team. The people I have selected are all individuals that I know and trust, and who know and trust me in turn (I think), so I feel like they would all follow me into the heat of battle, trust me to lead them, and have faith in whatever strategy I do come up with.
Power- Batgirl's (Cassandra Cain's) attributes.
Skill- Snake-Eye's fighting ability/agility.
Equipment- Muramasa Blade

Lunacyde- Quite possibly my best friend on the vine. I know I would be able to count on him in a pinch.
Power- Nightcrawler's teleportation, invisibility in shadows, prehensile tail and spine, and ability to stick to walls
Skill- Connor Hawke's accuracy, fighting ability, and acrobatic experience.
Equipment- Hawkeye's Bow, Quiver of arrows (trick arrows included).

K4tzman- Another excellent friend of mine, K4tz is very intelligent and has a keen tactical mind.
Power- Daredevil's enhanced senses (plus eye sight).
Skill- Frank Castle's training, combat experience, and accuracy.
Equipment- M16 with ACOG scope, grip, silencer, and grenade launcher.

Morpheus- Yet another close friend, he would likely serve as a voice of reason. The team's Donatello, if you would.
Power- Silver Surfer's cosmic awareness
Skill- Mr. Terrific's physique and intellect.
Equipment- Aegis' breastplate

Vance Astro- Vance and I have known each other for a while, even if we didn't start out as friends. Either way, I trust him now, and this team could use a little slaughterhouse.
Power- Blade's physical abilities
Skill- Black Knight (Dane Whitman's) fighting ability/swordsmanship
Equipment- Ebony Blade

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Karnak achieved his ability through meditation and training, both of which anyone can do. Sure his Inhuman body helped him along but it is still something someone could learn through likely decades of training. 

Freeze's Gun is a piece of crap compared to what I wanted but I understand you don't want Power NeXus freezing everyone he comes up against. What about Trapster's Suit? Would that be reasonable? Doc Ock's Arms (Non-Adamantium of course)? Pym Particles? Constrictor's Coils? Prometheus's Suit? Shocker's Suit? Cyclone's Suit? What about other cold guns? I am not trying to be a problem I just want to know if I can replace the two guns I lost with these. What about just multiple types of rounds like Vibranium, Carbonadium, and Adamantium?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Dane said:

@Buckshot said:
" @Dane: No psychic powers then. Tell me where the problems are with this before I do more:Flashpoint's powers - Grail's skill set - BPs suitWarblade's powers - Machinist's skill set - Majestic's stealth suitDeathtrap's powers - Rose Tattoo's skill set -  BPs suitOriginal Backlash (purple whips) - Zealot's skill - BPs suitAmbrose Chase's powers - Randall Dowling's skill set - Majestic's stealth suit             Care to share where you think I'm aiming? Not looking for info on the enemy or anything, just curious what you think I'm planning. "
I'll read up on those. The gamble is Tao and Dane's powers would have only worked on humans. You may come up against Xenomorphs from Aliens who wouldn't be affected by this or creatures with a hive mind could cause tremendous psychic feedback. The army could be anything from myth, legend, stories, comics, games, movies etc. "
Dane's powers wouldn't only have worked on humans. His tk blasts and whips kill most things regardless of what's going on in their heads, and his tp overloads don't require human thoughts to be fatal. Him broadcasting Tao directly into their enemy's mind wouldn't cause feedback if it were only one way, and there's no saying for sure that would happen anyway. Tao's brilliance would allow him to get through language barriers. He can decode a language easily and can resort to gestures to defeat enemies as well. His mind also provides tactical knowledge for the fight and near instant understanding of anything the team comes across (easy way to turn enemy weapons and things against them).
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By dane
@Ferro Vida: What exactly does Silver Surfer's cosmic awareness grant when the opponent is likely from another Universe? Other than that it looks good.

Though I will mention again conventional weapons don't count as your special equipment. K4tzm4n can have an m16 with mods or any other conventional weapons for free. Those aren't unique and don't count against him.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Dane: It gives an awareness of one's surroundings, and shows where an opponent's weak points are IIRC.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#165  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

K4tzman- Another excellent friend of mine, K4tz is very intelligent and has a keen tactical mind.

You know me oh-so-well. 

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Ferro Vida
@k4tzm4n: Scary, ain't it? :P
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By dane
@Buckshot said:

ok let's go through this.

Flashpoint's tracking optic blasts would allow him to defeat Spider-Man quite easily so that's out. He can have optic blasts but not the kind that track targets around cover. He can have the kind that ricochet off surfaces like Cyclops'.

Grail's combat skills, unarmed and with weapons seems legit.

Warblade's powers are acceptable on the condition his body is no more durable than it would otherwise be. A person made of liquid metal would be substantially more durable than Spider-Man.

Machinist's abilities are questionable. All I can tell is he can build machines. You won't have access to any raw materials.

Deathtrap's weapon summoning is acceptable. However, I need to know what he can make these weapons do outside the ordinary. He may not use telekinesis to control the weapons he summons, only use them in his hands.

If you mean Rose Tattoo's fighting skills, her perfect aim, weapons master etc. Those are acceptable. Kind of sounds like an amped up Bullseye to me which is fine. If you mean anything containing the phrase 'Spirit of Murder' then no.

Backlash is acceptable under the conditions that his durability is no greater than the Green Goblin's (slightly resistant to gunfire), the healing factor is below that of Wolverine, his agility and whips are fine and his intangible mist form may only be used once to twice a day with great focus required to perform the action (keeping in mind the CV member in question has just one month to master his new powers). The psionics aren't permitted although I think the version you're referring to doesn't have them anyway.

Zealot's skill is acceptable to the point of her weapons and skill are limited to what she could learn in 80 human years. That's still a lot but this should downgrade her battle experience to an acceptable Captain America-like level.

Ambrose Chase's powers may not be used on any level. They sound a lot like reality warping and seem to grant him control over many things that would enable him to easily dispatch Spider-Man. The OP says if a power-set would enable the user to beat Spider-Man it is not street-level and cannot be permitted.

You'll have to specify in what way Randall Dowling's intelligence could be used in the dynamic of a team fighting an army. Only then can I judge how powerful it could make you without being familiar with the character.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By dane
@DedmanWalkin said:

" Karnak achieved his ability through meditation and training, both of which anyone can do. Sure his Inhuman body helped him along but it is still something someone could learn through likely decades of training.   Freeze's Gun is a piece of crap compared to what I wanted but I understand you don't want Power NeXus freezing everyone he comes up against. What about Trapster's Suit? Would that be reasonable? Doc Ock's Arms (Non-Adamantium of course)? Pym Particles? Constrictor's Coils? Prometheus's Suit? Shocker's Suit? Cyclone's Suit? What about other cold guns? I am not trying to be a problem I just want to know if I can replace the two guns I lost with these. What about just multiple types of rounds like Vibranium, Carbonadium, and Adamantium? "

Trapster's Glue Gun is ok, other gadgets of his could defeat Spider-Man in the hands of a competant person. Doc Ock's Arms of any substance is fine but you'll be limited to 2 tentacles. Pym Particles put you way above Spider-Man. Constrictor's Coils should be fine. Prometheus' Suit let him solo the Justice League, so no. Shocker's gauntlets are fine, not the force field bullshit. Cyclone is out.  You may have rounds of Carbonadium or Adamantium as your special item to fit conventional weapons. The rate of respawn for these is in the original post.

Cold Guns are out. If I put you against the Orcs of LOTR you could just freeze thousands at a time. It's unreasonable.

@Ferro Vida

said:

" @Dane: It gives an awareness of one's surroundings, and shows where an opponent's weak points are IIRC. "

Accepted. You may want to consider that you may personally already know the weaknesses of the army from fiction and you're leading the team. It may or may not be a redundant power.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Dane:
Not sure why Flashpoint is out. Yes he can track Spider-Man, but Spider-Man is very fast (faster than Flashpoint) so he could possibly outmaneuver the beams or take him down before they reach him. I don't see why tracking beams are any more unavoidable than a huge beam of force cyclops could make.

Warblade can make himself harder, but he normally is as durable as a normal person. Is that ok?  
Warblade's body would be the raw materials. 

Other than putting them in his hands he can float them. Is that really not allowed? Guns would still fire in a straight line so it could be like wherever he shoots from acting like a surface for Cyclops bouncing a beam.  
 Rose's spirit of murder stuff (ability to kill anything) would be a power. I was just talking about the skills you mentioned. 

The version of Backlash I'm using doesn't have a misting limit (but has weaker whips). Is he not allowed? 
Backlash is an immortal as well (and has lived a few thousands years himself) so I figured his brain would be able to handle the capacity of knowledge Zealot could put in it, so he'd be able to take her thousands of years of skill without a problem. 

Ambrose does warp reality but has only shown it in small areas (around him and small rooms), it's not wide ranging. I misunderstood the OP, I thought if Spider-Man could feasibly beat them in a fight, they were allowed, and Spider-Man could beat Ambrose since he'd be moving faster so he could knock him out at the start or his range could keep him out of Ambrose's bubble and he might find another way to win. 
Randall Dowling is a brilliant scientist. His knowledge of phsyics should provide more creative uses for Ambrose's powers. 
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Dane:
The Aegis' breastplate is allowed?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By dane
@Buckshot said:

" @Dane: Not sure why Flashpoint is out. Yes he can track Spider-Man, but Spider-Man is very fast (faster than Flashpoint) so he could possibly outmaneuver the beams or take him down before they reach him. I don't see why tracking beams are any more unavoidable than a huge beam of force cyclops could make. Warblade can make himself harder, but he normally is as durable as a normal person. Is that ok?  Warblade's body would be the raw materials.  Other than putting them in his hands he can float them. Is that really not allowed? Guns would still fire in a straight line so it could be like wherever he shoots from acting like a surface for Cyclops bouncing a beam.   Rose's spirit of murder stuff (ability to kill anything) would be a power. I was just talking about the skills you mentioned.  The version of Backlash I'm using doesn't have a misting limit (but has weaker whips). Is he not allowed? Backlash is an immortal as well (and has lived a few thousands years himself) so I figured his brain would be able to handle the capacity of knowledge Zealot could put in it, so he'd be able to take her thousands of years of skill without a problem.  Ambrose does warp reality but has only shown it in small areas (around him and small rooms), it's not wide ranging. I misunderstood the OP, I thought if Spider-Man could feasibly beat them in a fight, they were allowed, and Spider-Man could beat Ambrose since he'd be moving faster so he could knock him out at the start or his range could keep him out of Ambrose's bubble and he might find another way to win. Randall Dowling is a brilliant scientist. His knowledge of phsyics should provide more creative uses for Ambrose's powers.  "

For Flashpoint, it allows you to make the argument that no one can dodge you. That isn't reasonable.

The limitation for durability is Spider-Man/Green Goblin. If he can exceed that it isn't allowed. He may make his claws as hard and strong as adamantium but not the rest of his body as it could make him essentially bullet-proof.

Floating a weapon psionically is a display of telekinesis. He may not use TP/TK.

If I allow Backlash with unlimited misting I would have to allow Shadowcat which will open me up to the 'I'm intangible always, except when I attack which is a fraction of a second, I can never die' argument. I don't want that. The Backlash I specified would still be powerful. I would consider increasing his mist limit to 3 with lesser concentration but not unlimited and not with ease. Keep in mind these are human characters with only 1 month's experience with their powers.

Reality-warping of any kind is not street level.

@Buckshot said:

" @Dane: The Aegis' breastplate is allowed? "

Glad you reminded me. No, it isn't. 

Vibranium suits are pushing it as it is but those have weaknesses. Please also consider that Vibranium may not work against certain enemies. For example a Xenomorph's acid blood may burn through it. Although it should be a foreseeable conclusion I'll state very plainly that no combination will allow you to be completely resistant to the enemies you will face. They might make you more resistant but never invincible.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Has anyone used me yet? :P

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By dane
@TheDrifter said:
" Has anyone used me yet? :P "
Not that I know of but theres still plenty of time.

To all, the OP has been updated with today's clue. Do not post guesses in the thread. You may PM me with guesses and I may or may not confirm how hot or cold you are.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dane said:
"@TheDrifter said:
Not that I know of but theres still plenty of time. To all, the OP has been updated with today's clue. Do not post guesses in the thread. You may PM me with guesses and I may or may not confirm how hot or cold you are."
Well I'm making my team now but I have a question.

If I include say Lunacyde in my team, does that mean he debates with me? or is it solely me using Vine users with powers?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By dane
@TheDrifter said:

" @Dane said:

" @TheDrifter said:

Not that I know of but theres still plenty of time. To all, the OP has been updated with today's clue. Do not post guesses in the thread. You may PM me with guesses and I may or may not confirm how hot or cold you are."
Well I'm making my team now but I have a question.  If I include say Lunacyde in my team, does that mean he debates with me? or is it solely me using Vine users with powers? "

You debate your entire team. You have to use your knowledge of their personal character to determine suitable power/ability sets and how well they'll work in your team dynamic.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Dane: 
You could dodge Flashpoint, you'd just need reflexes like Spider-Man and or his precog since he's the cap. Attacking from where he doesn't know you are could also net a win. Could anyone dodge a wide blast from Cyke?

Could he be allowed if he just reaches their durability (not surpassing it, even if he could)? 

I thought TK was disallowed because you didn't want someone effortlessly crushing the opposition or something. I didn't think him only controlling his own weapons would break the TK limit. What is the exact issue with TK so I know, because as I said, I can see Cyke duplicating his feats or even Archangel by raining down blades or Nightcrawler with a machine gun.    

Backlash as mist can be affected (explosions have knocked him around) and I don't think he can stay like that indefinitely like Kitty can, so their alternate states are not the same. Plus the tradeoff of weaker whips seemed fair. 

Really not trying to argue or anything, just need to see some distinctions better is all because I feel like I'm going to get stuck with just the same kind of characters (tell me you don't see the repitition of a bunch of names that I do).    
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Dane said:

" by Bucky's equipment you mean his cybernetic arm?   "

I was actually more so thinking of the armor.

Also, you only bring 4 people with you, you're the 5th.

Agh. I'll edit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drifter -
Power-  Elijah Snow's cold manipulation
Skill- Leonardo's leadership
Equipment-  Captain Cold's cold gun.

Geraldthesloth
Power- Taskmasters Photographic Reflexes
Skill- Bullseye's accuracy
Equipment- Green Arrow's' Bow, Quiver of arrows (trick arrows included).

Warsman
Power- Owen Mercer's speed bursts
Skill - Zealot's fighting skill
Equipment-  Predator Suit

Ferro Vida
Power-  Blade's awareness
Skill -  Gambit's Agility
Equipment-  Venom Suit

Voidheart

Power - Nightcrawlers teleportation, spined tail and ability to stick to walls
Skill - Nightcrawler's swordsmanship
Equipment - Two Scimitars
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By geraldthesloth
@TheDrifter:you can add one more person.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By dane
@Buckshot said:
" @Dane: You could dodge Flashpoint, you'd just need reflexes like Spider-Man and or his precog since he's the cap. Attacking from where he doesn't know you are could also net a win. Could anyone dodge a wide blast from Cyke? Could he be allowed if he just reaches their durability (not surpassing it, even if he could)?  I thought TK was disallowed because you didn't want someone effortlessly crushing the opposition or something. I didn't think him only controlling his own weapons would break the TK limit. What is the exact issue with TK so I know, because as I said, I can see Cyke duplicating his feats or even Archangel by raining down blades or Nightcrawler with a machine gun.     Backlash as mist can be affected (explosions have knocked him around) and I don't think he can stay like that indefinitely like Kitty can, so their alternate states are not the same. Plus the tradeoff of weaker whips seemed fair.  Really not trying to argue or anything, just need to see some distinctions better is all because I feel like I'm going to get stuck with just the same kind of characters (tell me you don't see the repitition of a bunch of names that I do).     "
I'm not making an Army of Spider-Men. Cyclops' wide beams do very little actual damage. If you're able to use Flashpoint with character limitations I'll accept him.

Warblade is acceptable on the condition that only hit transformed limbs have increased durability, so that he can cut through dense materials like Sabretooth/Wolverine can. That's it.

Telekinesis is a both an escalation problem (other people will want it at other levels) and the problem that he can attack things indefinitely without risking any damage to himself. It's really easiest if we don't have TK at all. It isn't a street-level powerset. I would accept his ability to psionically wield weapons on the condition they are limited to 4 weapons at a time and they cannot leave a 10 foot radius of his person at any time.

I don't know how strong his whips are either way. Considering those alone are a weapon that could go through nearly an enemy I can imagine, how about we keep the intangibility limited?

I like that you're asking for other characters but at the same time, you have to accept my limited knowledge of them. The reoccurring names is a two-fold concept. This thread could pass itself off as a social experiment as much as a comic book related challenge if you look at it from the right angle. There are a number of characters that fit into the realms of acceptability here that no one has thought of yet. That is one of the major reasons I haven't made a team of my own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldthesloth said:
"@TheDrifter:you can add one more person."
Hmmm, edited
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By dane
@TheDrifter said:
" Drifter -
Power-  Elijah Snow's cold manipulation
Skill- Leonardo's leadership
Equipment-  Captain Cold's cold gun.

Geraldthesloth
Power- Taskmasters Photographic Reflexes
Skill- Bullseye's accuracy
Equipment- Green Arrow's' Bow, Quiver of arrows (trick arrows included).

Warsman
Power- Owen Mercer's speed bursts
Skill - Zealot's fighting skill
Equipment-  Predator Suit

Ferro VidaPower-  Blade's awarenessSkill -  Gambit's Agility Equipment-  Venom Suit "
Elijah Snow's powers are significantly above street level.

Captain Cold's Gun allows him to tangle with the Flash. That's also above street level.

Taskmaster's Powers and Bullseye's accuracy overlap, but thats your option.

Zealot's fighting skill needs to be downgraded to what she could learn within a human lifespan if thats acceptable.

Venom Symbiote is above Spider-Man but I'm undecided on that. I'll let you know but I'm leaning towards no.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dane said:
"Elijah Snow's powers are significantly above street level.

Captain Cold's Gun allows him to tangle with the Flash. That's also above street level. 

Zealot's fighting skill needs to be downgraded to what she could learn within a human lifespan if thats acceptable.

Venom Symbiote is above Spider-Man but I'm undecided on that. I'll let you know but I'm leaning towards no."
Venom Suit is'nt necessarily above Spidey. I'd say the problem with Venom is that he negates Spider Sense...so that might put him slightly above Spidey but other than that...

Zealot's fighting skills being downgraded is fine.

How do they overlap? I don't get it.

Captain Cold, well you do kinda have a point. Would Mirror Master's abilities be more toned down?

As for Elijah Snow, I can replace him with someone but he still could be beaten if he's in character, due to Spider-man's agility/speed which he has'nt dealt with before (as far as I've read). But, he could freeze a man's crotch off so I can understand him being removed.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Dane: So it's me + 4 others right?
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By geraldthesloth
@TheDrifter: Mirror Master is FAR more deadly than Cold is.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@Dane:
I don't agree that Scott's wide beams do little damage. (And I'm not talking about removing his visor either, he's capable of damaging wide shots with it on.) Even if they only did a little, a single blast capable of just knocking down opponents is insanely useful if you can knock down waves of them at once for your team to pick off (or finish off with stronger blasts before they get up). Flashpoint would be hitting only an enemy or two for each wave Cyclops drops. But what other limitations did you have in mind? 

And to make sure I have the other limitations: Warblade is limited to only making his limbs durable, Backlash can only mist 3 times and Deathtrap can only telekinetically control 4 weapons within 10ft. 

I'd disagree again on what's street level and isn't. A human-level combatant was able to take down Deathtrap (while he had his guns attacking people) and Warblade has been downed by Pike (a slightly superhuman mercenary). They seem "street-level" even before the limitations being put on them. 

But I'll get more WS characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geraldthesloth said:
"@TheDrifter: Mirror Master is FAR more deadly than Cold is."
Seriously? I need to read more Flash then. Always thought is was the other way around.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By dane
@TheDrifter said:

" @Dane said:

"Elijah Snow's powers are significantly above street level.

Venom Symbiote is above Spider-Man but I'm undecided on that. I'll let you know but I'm leaning towards no."
Venom Suit is'nt necessarily above Spidey. I'd say the problem with Venom is that he negates Spider Sense...so that might put him slightly above Spidey but other than that...  Zealot's fighting skills being downgraded is fine.    How do they overlap? I don't get it. Captain Cold, well you do kinda have a point. Would Mirror Master's abilities be more toned down?  As for Elijah Snow, I can replace him with someone but he still could be beaten if he's in character, due to Spider-man's agility/speed which he has'nt dealt with before (as far as I've read). But, he could freeze a man's crotch off so I can understand him being removed. "
I read that Elijah Snow was capable of freezing an entire city block. I don't know how accurate it is but it sounds a bit extreme. The overlap with Taskmaster and Bullseye is Taskmaster has copied Bullseye. You could copy that skill without choosing it seperately. Venom has been shown with strength on par with The Thing. If you keep it to the conservative levels we saw when Parker wore the suit it'll be acceptable.

@geraldthesloth said:

" @Dane: So it's me + 4 others right? "

You got it.

@Buckshot said:

" @Dane: I don't agree that Scott's wide beams do little damage. (And I'm not talking about removing his visor either, he's capable of damaging wide shots with it on.) Even if they only did a little, a single blast capable of just knocking down opponents is insanely useful if you can knock down waves of them at once for your team to pick off (or finish off with stronger blasts before they get up). Flashpoint would be hitting only an enemy or two for each wave Cyclops drops. But what other limitations did you have in mind?  And to make sure I have the other limitations: Warblade is limited to only making his limbs durable, Backlash can only mist 3 times and Deathtrap can only telekinetically control 4 weapons within 10ft.   I'd disagree again on what's street level and isn't. A human-level combatant was able to take down Deathtrap (while he had his guns attacking people) and Warblade has been downed by Pike (a slightly superhuman mercenary). They seem "street-level" even before the limitations being put on them.  But I'll get more WS characters.  "

Roger. The problem is if I put Warblade against orcs with swords, could they ever hurt him? What about a squad of Marines? I'm just trying to avoid a liquid metal man who can carnage through batallions of enemies with no risk to himself. I mean if you give him a vibranium suit it'll hardly matter but a single power-set that gives him incredible attack and defense is too much.

I'm just trying to keep things balanced for the challenge. It's nothing personal against you or the characters.

To all, I have to go out tonight but I'll be back on later to answer questions or confirm character setups for you.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Buckshot said:
" @Dane: I don't agree that Scott's wide beams do little damage. (And I'm not talking about removing his visor either, he's capable of damaging wide shots with it on.) Even if they only did a little, a single blast capable of just knocking down opponents is insanely useful if you can knock down waves of them at once for your team to pick off (or finish off with stronger blasts before they get up). Flashpoint would be hitting only an enemy or two for each wave Cyclops drops. But what other limitations did you have in mind?  And to make sure I have the other limitations: Warblade is limited to only making his limbs durable, Backlash can only mist 3 times and Deathtrap can only telekinetically control 4 weapons within 10ft.   I'd disagree again on what's street level and isn't. A human-level combatant was able to take down Deathtrap (while he had his guns attacking people) and Warblade has been downed by Pike (a slightly superhuman mercenary). They seem "street-level" even before the limitations being put on them.  But I'll get more WS characters.  "
Roger. The problem is if I put Warblade against orcs with swords, could they ever hurt him? What about a squad of Marines? I'm just trying to avoid a liquid metal man who can carnage through batallions of enemies with no risk to himself. I mean if you give him a vibranium suit it'll hardly matter but a single power-set that gives him incredible attack and defense is too much.  I'm just trying to keep things balanced for the challenge. It's nothing personal against you or the characters. "

If he's up against an army with explosives though, he can go down as easy as anyone else. If he faces people with electric weapons he might be more vulnerable. I thought the point was to make a team not knowing what we'd face, meaning that against some enemies we'd be at a disadvantage, but against others we'd have the advantage. With that in mind, I don't see what's wrong with him being able to run through certain kinds of enemies. Don't really see why he should be penalized because he'd be really good facing low-tech enemies, but you make the rules. I didn't get a clarification on Flashpoint.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By geraldthesloth

My list

Myself: Powers: Angel's blood borne regenerative healing factor
Skills:Dr, Mid-Night's medical prowess.
Item:Black Panther's Vibranium weave suit.

Power NeXus: Powers: Toad's leg strength(which grants him the power to also leap far distances like toad)
Skills:Wolverine's martial arts skills
Item: Silver Samurai's Tachyon blade

K4tzm4n: Powers: Mr.X's Neural motor function reading.
Skills:Bane's tactical knowledge, and fighting skills
 Item:Cardiac's Power Staff.

Dane: Power: Spiderman's Spider Sense
Skill: Dick Grayson's acrobatic ability, and fighting skills
Item: Underworld's pistols.

Fresh Prince: Powers Gambit's kinetic energy charging
Skill: Deadshot's Aim
Item:6 decks of cards
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'm unstoppable!

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By geraldthesloth
@k4tzm4n said:
"

I'm unstoppable!

"
Cardiac's staff is okay for this situation right?
and with that being said I need some reccomended reading for him.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@geraldthesloth said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
"

I'm unstoppable!

"
Cardiac's staff is okay for this situation right? and with that being said I need some reccomended reading for him. "

I'll gladly cite issues when I get home.  I honestly don't know if the staff itself provides the blasts or if he simply channels his own power through the staff.  Either way, I'm a big fan of bo-staff style weapons.  But, I'd say it's fair...as long as I don't "charge" the blasts. 
Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#194  Edited By Precise

I thought it needs his own energy to activate the staff and the staff simply enhances it... not sure though.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Power NeXus

@geraldthesloth: 

Power NeXus: Powers: Toad's leg strength(which grants him the power to also leap far distances like toad)
Skills:Wolverine's martial arts skills
Item: Silver Samurai's Tachyon blade 

If I'm not mistaken, the katana that Silver Samurai carries is just a regular sword. The tachyon blade is a result of his mutant powers. 

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Buckshot said:
" @Dane: The Aegis' breastplate is allowed? "
D@mn you!

Shakes fist
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Ferro Vida said:

" I won't be here to actually participate in this, but I'm going to make my team for funsies.

Ferro Vida - Obviously I need to have myself on the team. The people I have selected are all individuals that I know and trust, and who know and trust me in turn (I think), so I feel like they would all follow me into the heat of battle, trust me to lead them, and have faith in whatever strategy I do come up with.
Power- Batgirl's (Cassandra Cain's) attributes.
Skill- Snake-Eye's fighting ability/agility.
Equipment- Muramasa Blade

Lunacyde- Quite possibly my best friend on the vine. I know I would be able to count on him in a pinch.
Power- Nightcrawler's teleportation, invisibility in shadows, prehensile tail and spine, and ability to stick to walls
Skill- Connor Hawke's accuracy, fighting ability, and acrobatic experience.
Equipment- Hawkeye's Bow, Quiver of arrows (trick arrows included).

Morpheus- Yet another close friend, he would likely serve as a voice of reason. The team's Donatello, if you would.
Power- Silver Surfer's cosmic awareness
Skill- Mr. Terrific's physique and intellect.
Equipment- Mr. Terrific's T-spheres amd mask

Vance Astro- Vance and I have known each other for a while, even if we didn't start out as friends. Either way, I trust him now, and this team could use a little slaughterhouse. 
Power- Blade's physical abilities
Skill- Black Knight (Dane Whitman's) fighting ability/swordsmanship
Equipment- Ebony Blade "

Fixed
DaddyCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By DaddyCool
@Dane said: .  
@DaddyCool: Your team is fine but keep in mind Morph flying around on Angels wings won't give him a very steady aim with that Sniper Rifle.
"
did not think about that is that true despite the fact I gave him Bullseyes accuracy?
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By dane
@Buckshot said:
"

@Buckshot said:
Roger. The problem is if I put Warblade against orcs with swords, could they ever hurt him? What about a squad of Marines? I'm just trying to avoid a liquid metal man who can carnage through batallions of enemies with no risk to himself. I mean if you give him a vibranium suit it'll hardly matter but a single power-set that gives him incredible attack and defense is too much.  I'm just trying to keep things balanced for the challenge. It's nothing personal against you or the characters. "
 If he's up against an army with explosives though, he can go down as easy as anyone else. If he faces people with electric weapons he might be more vulnerable. I thought the point was to make a team not knowing what we'd face, meaning that against some enemies we'd be at a disadvantage, but against others we'd have the advantage. With that in mind, I don't see what's wrong with him being able to run through certain kinds of enemies. Don't really see why he should be penalized because he'd be really good facing low-tech enemies, but you make the rules. I didn't get a clarification on Flashpoint. "
Flashpoint is allowed. I think you'll be sensible with him but there are people who would argue rather poorly with abilities that can track enemies and what I allow for one I must allow for all.
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Sloth, Dane said no to Underworld's guns. Who has better aim, Bullseye or Deadshot? All I wanted was Trapster's Wall Crawling Boots and Glue Shooting Gloves which can function like web-shooters in a pinch.  What about Chase Stein's Fistigons/Footstigons?

Updated Team: 
DedmanWalkin
Role: Quick Assault Unit tasked with eliminating entrenched opponents 
Powers: Nightcrawler's Teleportation, Wall-Crawling, Prehensile Tail, and Invisibility in Shadows
Training: Bullseye's Flawless Aim
Equipment: Adamantium Bullets, Dual Desert Eagles, Flashbang Grenades, Grenades, Kevlar Vest
Power NeXus
Role: Long Range Assassin tasked with detecting threats and assigning attackers
Powers: Daredevil's Powers
Training: Punisher's Training
Equipment: Trapster's Gloves and Boots, Barret M98B, Glock 9MM, Claymore Mines, Grenades, Kevlar Vest
Matezoide
Role: Flying Powerhouse tasked with eliminating powerful or resistant targets
Powers: Pyro's Fire Manipulation
Training: Captain America Tactical Mindset
Equipment: Firefly's Suit
Strafe Prower 
Role: Stealth Assault Unit tasked with eliminating entrenched opponents
Powers: Gambit's Physical Attributes and Kinetic Energy Charging
Training: Karnak's Training
Equipment: The Wraith Suit, Claymore Mines, Grenades, and Throwing Daggers 
Ferro Vida 
Role: Tactical Defense Unit tasked with watching the team's back
Powers: Daken's Healing Factor, Pheromones, and Bone Claws
Training: Batman's Training
Equipment: Bane's Venom Injection System, M-249 Heavy Machine Gun

I went ahead and added the freebie equipment, you can tell me if you want it toned down.