Dane's Surprise Showdown: The Return

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@dane: If you ever do another one of this please PM me.

I didn't notice this until it was to late.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: That is what I mean, MC isn't really versatile which makes his stats less useful. Had he chosen a better powerset, he would have been far more successful.

@beatboks1: Battlerstars are not that much larger than Trek ships but the major difference is how both ships generate power. Star Trek ships have far superior power generation and in space Power Generation is everything. Since bigger ships, can generate more power, they are more powerful. The size argument only applies if power generation is scalable by size which it is in Star Trek. I suppose I could have been more specific but the chances of Erik allowing you to have a Battlestar in a Star Trek scenario was quite unlikely.

The Defiant falls into the "unless a ship has a special ability like cloaking" category. The Defiant was equipped with tech that no other ships in the fleet have, namely a Cloaking Device, Pulse Phasers, and Ablative Armor. Without those enhancements, it could never hope to stand a chance against a larger ship. In addition, it is the only ship designed exclusively for combat whereas Combat is a secondary function on most Star Fleet vessels.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@diredrill: That's why I had a problem with how it went last time I made the scenario. I figured a series of penalties would be a good way to go though. Like it takes longer to repair damage in larger vessels or mobilization of security when boarded is harder. Something along those lines.

@thexx said:

@dane: If you ever do another one of this please PM me.

I didn't notice this until it was to late.

You could make a guy and if we can finish this round, we can fit you in the next one.

ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Okay. Cool I'll have a guy created hopefully by tomorrow night.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dane: I think the main issue is that he made his character basically Masterchief so he painted himself into a corner.

@chaos_prime: Sorry, but we killed you. Don't worry, we made it quick and painless.

@erik: You won't be able to balance ships because unless a ship has a special ability like cloaking, there isn't really much they can offer. This isn't like superhumans who have a diverse set of powers and skills and equipment that can render a person's stats unimportant. The only way I can come up with to make things more difficult is to design the scenario in such a way that it becomes a situation of battlefield promotions like Kirk did in the movie or Chakotay did in Voyager. Unless you decide to make things based around Away Team Missions, you'll be left with the Bigger is Better issue.

Thats good to know :)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#906  Edited By Erik

@chaos_prime: You don't have to let them just kill you, you know. The idea is to kill them instead.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@chaos_prime: You don't have to let them just kill you, you know. The idea is to kill them instead.

I know but as i was sunning myself on a beach while they were killing me off i`ll let it pass :)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

yes

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#910  Edited By Sovereign91001
Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#911  Edited By Fetts

@erik: Dude I've tried to make an argument against @beatboks1 twice and Safari failed on me both times. Hold on I'm going to give it another go.

And yes.

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts: That's why I always highlight and copy after I've made a long reply to someone lol. CV is basically falling apart at the seams.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: Ya I do that too but I wasn't even making a long reply. But when I went into a new tab to get Predator feats it just got screwed up. And now it happened to me again so now I'm going to try to use a different computer (this computer).

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

@erik: Ya I do that too but I wasn't even making a long reply. But when I went into a new tab to get Predator feats it just got screwed up. And now it happened to me again so now I'm going to try to use a different computer (this computer).

Safari on my wife's Ipad and mine and my kids phones does that all the time. It's why i prefer andoid (just pissed that my daughters galaxy tab wont work on CV either and I have to use my no name brand one when I'm travelling or my sooooo slow net book)

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beatboks1 Alright Mr. Beatboks zir. Let's get down to business.

Now most of your strategy is viable. The detecting of the Predators and the invisibility to their vision modes are a-okay. However, ricocheted bullets would not kill a Predator. Predators are relentless. It takes a lot more than a bullet (much less a slower ricocheted bullet) to kill a Predator.

Coming from a different angle, the bullet entered the Predator's body. This third bullet lodged deep inside, coming to rest only after it had cut through several vital organs.

. . .

"The demon isn't dead yet," said Sukhon.

"The 'demon' will be dead if it doesn't get some expert medical attention. I put a bullet with an exploding tip right through its back. No exit wound."

. . .

Still, the Predator's condition did not yet warrant self-destruct. He had been hurt worse and emerged victorious. Once on a planet half a galaxy away, a venomous metal worm twice his size had shot up through the earth and pinned him through the chest armour. The Predator had chopped its head off, cut off its tail, and gone on to fight for another four hours with the rest of the worm inside his chest, before withdrawing to repair the damage. The wheeze as its breathing grew worse indicated deep-tissue damage, but nothing irreversible. Medical care on board its ship would allow it to recover.

- South China Sea

Here he tanks explosive sniper rounds and impalement through the chest.

Loading Video...

Skip to 5:35-5:50

Here a Predator takes a bullet to the eye.

According to this site:

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Yautja_(Predator)#cite_note-P1-6

Predators have shown to take gunshots in both Predator and Predator 2 with minimal or even no medical attention.

Furthermore, I think you'd have a harder time ricocheting shots off sandstone. It's not as hard as something like metal and would probably lose a good portion of its momentum.

Also, I believe the Predator Bio-Mask has a sound amplifier. They're probably here where the gunshots come from. They've also shown to have an excellent sixth sense. In Alien vs Predator, an Xenomorph who was completely silent and tried to sneak up on one. The Predator casually turned around and chopped its head.

Also would the T-Spheres be able to analyze weak points while they're cloaked?

Predators are not that slow in the comics as well. They've been shown to dodge bullets, move faster than the human eye can follow, and keep up with a speeding car with little effort.

The spear was snatched from his back by a shadowy, indistinct figure and the second man let loose with his AK-100, spraying bullets at the barely glimpsed spear-wielding killer.The thing moved so fast it almost seemed to be dodging the bullets as it turned and ran back down the canyon. The Russian charged after it, bellowing.

. . .

The creature holding the spear seemed to side-step the bullets easily.Then it jabbed the spear forward, and Gunin no longer worried about spikes or bullets, or anything else as the thing cut his heart out with a single quick gesture.After that, the alien disappeared, blurring into invisibility

. . .

"Those things are fast enough to dodge bullets, if they see them coming," Schaefer explained, "and even if you hit them, they're damn near bulletproof.”

- Cold War

As he did, the ruined door slammed open, and there were those things. Buyanov moaned.

"Devil!" Anatoli said.

Then, without warning, moving faster than human eyes could follow, the foremost of the three creatures rammed a spear through Anatoli's chest. Anatoli crumpled. With his lung pierced, he couldn't even manage a dying scream.

. . .

One of the creatures ran after him, moving inhumanly fast, so fast Buyanov could not properly follow the motion. As Dmitri's hand reached for the alarm handle, the thing's hand slammed down on the top of the Russian's head.

- Cold War

In conclusion, the Predators wouldn't be that easy to kill. And with their sound amplifiers and sixth sense, I doubt you'd be able to remain invisible to them for very long.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts said:

Safari on my wife's Ipad and mine and my kids phones does that all the time. It's why i prefer andoid (just pissed that my daughters galaxy tab wont work on CV either and I have to use my no name brand one when I'm travelling or my sooooo slow net book)

Ya. It totally sucks.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fetts:

Now most of your strategy is viable. The detecting of the Predators and the invisibility to their vision modes are a-okay. However, ricocheted bullets would not kill a Predator. Predators are relentless. It takes a lot more than a bullet (much less a slower ricocheted bullet) to kill a Predator

Firstly what makes you think that a ricochet'd bullet is "slowed" down. A ricochet doesn't occur by the metal bullet bouncing off surface, it is a subtle defection from EXACTLY the right angle of incident at the right speed. It's like skipping stones on a pond. If it doesn't maintain it's speed the ricochet wont work. Secondly why would a single shot have to be the kill stroke? If I can detect the "cracks" in their armor and place a couple of shots in a row into that each slowing them more. I can come in for the final kill with a frag grenade if needed but I'd have still at least slowed them down. Even if it couldn't kill them Dutch could kill one with a falling log, so the right shot to weaken and bring down a sandstone construct on them would to.

Here he tanks explosive sniper rounds and impalement through the chest.

And yet they have been killed by less.

Furthermore, I think you'd have a harder time ricocheting shots off sandstone. It's not as hard as something like metal and would probably lose a good portion of its momentum.

water is a lot softer than sandstone and yet you can skip stones off it. It's nothing to do with the hardness of the substance but the accuracy of the strike in JUST the right glancing way. If you fired a bullet straight at a solid metal wall it wont bounce it will stop dead. It needs to be JUST the right angle if incident so the rounded edge of the bullet can be deflected JUST right. Sandstone metal or wood makes no difference. The momentum of a ricochet'd shot doesn't come from what it hits it comes from it's initial trajectory and velocity.

Also, I believe the Predator Bio-Mask has a sound amplifier. They're probably here where the gunshots come from. They've also shown to have an excellent sixth sense. In Alien vs Predator, an Xenomorph who was completely silent and tried to sneak up on one. The Predator casually turned around and chopped its head.

So? I'm doing this from a distance under cover not in a direct line of sight. I can monitor their movement and if they take a few shots before their slowed down and start coming for me can simply move elsewhere and start again. The advantage is my ability to engage from afar.

Also would the T-Spheres be able to analyze weak points while they're cloaked?

The T-spheres are always cloaked while they perform all operations. It's not a function they turn on and off it's a nature of the device. When batman First met Mr Terrific he was standing a few feet in front of him and batman was amazed that his nightvision goggles couldn't even detect his outline or something. Holt wasn't "cloaked at that point eh was introducing himself to Bruce and offering to shake his hand. They still perform all those other functions

Predators are not that slow in the comics as well. They've been shown to dodge bullets, move faster than the human eye can follow, and keep up with a speeding car with little effort.

Fortunately I'm not relying on a human eye but a sensory device that gives me all the sensory capacity of many high level sensors combined. I also have the powerset that allows me aim accurately for where they will be not where they are. There are multiple instances of Hicks showing this in the show, plus he has demonstrated the ability to look at the scene of a crime and actually see the actions that took place and how. he himself has dodged bullets by setting into motion precise moves before the one firing has even drawn the gun. It's like taking Cass Cane's movement reading to another level. When you add this to the skill and accuracy that is Nikita and the sensory capability of the T-shpere what can be achieved is remarkable. Nikita and Hicks alone make by character build IMO very close to Bullseye/ deadshot level. Adding the T-sphere is what takes it to the next level. Deadshot can tag speedsters MUCH faster than a predator so so can I because I'm better.

I'm a marksman in real life and thought it would be fun to try and build teh perfect marksman here without sacrificing TOO much in h2h ( because honestly the only way I could have built better was to use hicks power the t-sphere and either Deadshot of Bullseye's skill- that would have been AWESOME, but I might have been skrewed in a fist fight)

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@erik: Count me in on your scenario as well.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#921 HigorM  Moderator

@erik: do I still need my partner to proceed or I can continue without him?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#922  Edited By Erik

@higorm: You don't need him. Do what you need to do.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#923 HigorM  Moderator

@erik: ok, count me in then.