Alright boys and girls, some of you might remember these, others might not. Awhile back we had these things called scenarios and they were a sort of mix between battle forum debating and personal role-playing. Sometimes it was a team-building exercise and sometimes it was a solo round where you got to combine the best part of some characters and get a super amalgam of butt-kicking. This will be one of the solo variety. Essentially you get to flex your comic book knowledge and give yourself pretend abilities to overcome pretend problems. What problems you may ask? Well, I'll tell you after you come up with your kit. That way you can't apply a fixed solution to a problem, but have to come up with something inventive without being forewarned.
The scenario will be announced in a few days. Which is when you'll learn what you're up against. You can edit your character as many times as you want before the scenario is announced, but my say on what is legal and what isn't is final. I've got some good general guidelines, but in general trying to push boundaries or bend rules doesn't work. The goal is to overcome a challenge, not walk over the top of it!
For you and you alone, you must choose 1 power set, 1 ability set and 1 special item.
A power set is a superhuman ability or set of abilities associated with a single individual character. Gambit's kinetic energy charging and superhuman agility are an example of a power set.
An ability set is naturally learned or trained skill or knowledge or set of skills or knowledge disciplines associated with a single individual character. Black Panther's martial arts and scientific knowledge are an example of an ability set.
A special item is a unique or uncommon object that has commonly been used by comic book characters that does not typically exist within the real world or could be made with common technology. The magical Ebony Blade is an example of a special item.
Special note: Characters from any fiction will be allowed. However, be warned: anime/manga characters with nonsensical powers/abilities or characters that would easily win against general street-level characters will not be permitted.
-You may not use powers that include:
Physical attributes above Spider-Man.
Probability altering (good or bad luck).
Healing Factor above Deadpool.
Super-speed beyond bursts. (No legit speedsters)
Durability above Luke Cage.
Telepathy or Telekinesis.
Precognition above Spider-Man.
-You may not use abilities that allow you to:
Somehow exceed the limitations of your physical attributes. For example, a regular human cannot perform Spider-Man's acrobatic feats as he isn't physically agile enough.
-You may not use items that grant the user:
Additional powers that exceed the accepted powers threshold (Mjolnir, Iron Man's Suit).
An easy solution to combat situations (Mr. X's mind, Midnighter's battle computer, etc).
Anything that would grant an easy win over a Spider-Man level character.
-The items you equip will be the only items you have for the scenario.
-Items that help you use your powers like Cyclop's visor or a few deck's of cards for Gambit are free.
-In addition to special items, you may have whatever weapons you could reasonably buy from regular/black market stores and could reasonably carry with you.
-In addition to special items, you may also have armor to the grade of standard kevlar in a design of your choosing.
-As with all of my scenarios, you may not loot fallen enemies for their equipment under any circumstance.
-You will have access to one month's training from a master of your choosing. Your trainer may not telepathically fast-track your learning. Earn it under your own steam.
Abilities: Lady Shiva
Equipment: Vibranium Suit
Trainer: Bruce Wayne
I thought I'd add an example since this concept is probably new to a lot of you. You can see here how I can mix and match a few fairly specialized characters and make myself a really well rounded hero.
Good news everyone, the missions have begun! Bad news is you'll probably have to fight for your life Hunger Games style.
You will each wake up in a zone with environmental challenges. The zones have a force field between them and the middle area (small island type place). You each find a passkey at your landing site. The key will only open the force field for the sector opposite to your own. (i.e. Sector 5-6 will have a passkey to open the way through 11-12).
You will all start at the out-most boundary of a zone. That is to say the point furthest from the island. In the center island is T'Challa, King of Wakanda being held in a energy cell guarded by some rather elite special forces. Defeat their leader and break up the cage to win the scenario!
You are on a team but you are not required to work with your team. I would recommend starting a PM with teammates if you want to work with each other. Unless you allow someone else to post on your behalf, you must post your character's actions. This makes it so everyone is playing and no one takes the wheel without permission.
Environmental conditions will not work to amplify powers. Anyone that camps in a sector will cause all the mobile threats (Kraven, Sabretooth, etc) to converge on their position, regardless of whether or not you are in the appropriate section.
Post your solutions or tactics here, please don't make another thread.
Saving T'Challa is the only way out of the area.
When T'Challa is rescued he will open a portal back to Wakanda for anyone left alive to follow.
What you do, how you do it and everything else is fair game. It's a no holds barred match. But actions may have far-reaching consequences!
(I will get some more graphics up for the teams so you can see everyones builds without scrolling through 10 pages when I get a chance.)
- 12-1: Electrical discharge is released every hour that covers the entire section. Those with human resilience will be killed in one hit. Characters that survive will have stats reduced by half.
- 1-2: 12 Xenomorphs patrol this section in the hundreds but hundreds more lie sleeping throughout the section, all awakened when their sisters are attacks, bringing waves of 20 every 2 minutes until the intruders are dead. Won't leave section.
- 2-3: Poison fog that reduces stats, causes extreme pain, paralysis with prolonged exposure, and eventually death. Fog comes from the edge of the arena and falls at a speed of 6 mph toward the beach where it disappears, every other hour.
- 3-4: Genetically engineered chimps. Chimps have 5 ton strength and durability, can run at 90 mph over rough terrain and among the trees, and have near-human intelligence. Won't leave section.
- 4-5: Kraven the Hunter with standard gear plus a vibranium spear and vibranium net. He will hunt anyone in the sector for sport. He can leave his section if he has encountered his prey. He is immune to environmental threats and will work with other threats in their respective sections.
- 5-6: Molten and liquid nitrogen rain.
- 6-7: Sabretooth (Adamantium) hunts down anyone found inside. He is able to leave section to pursue prey.
- 7-8: Tsunami every hour that will cleans all life from section.
- 8-9: Scarabs from The Mummy with diamond hard 'rays' for cutting resistant materials. Respond to sound and heat.
- 9-10: Two blooded Yautja. First one hunts while the second follows to observe and learn. Second one will not fall the same way the first does. If prey is found, they can leave their sector.
- 10-11: Rest zone. No environmental threats and mobile threats cannot pursue here. However, multiple teams must fight while in this section or an earthquake will steadily increase terminations occur or the parties leave.
- 11-12: Patrolling squads of 5 T-850s armed with plasma rifles.
Team 4: Dane and Erik - Start at 11-12
These guys will have made the island home, with fortifications and traps o'plenty.