#1 Edited by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

Premise

Alright boys and girls, some of you might remember these, others might not. Awhile back we had these things called scenarios and they were a sort of mix between battle forum debating and personal role-playing. Sometimes it was a team-building exercise and sometimes it was a solo round where you got to combine the best part of some characters and get a super amalgam of butt-kicking. This will be one of the solo variety. Essentially you get to flex your comic book knowledge and give yourself pretend abilities to overcome pretend problems. What problems you may ask? Well, I'll tell you after you come up with your kit. That way you can't apply a fixed solution to a problem, but have to come up with something inventive without being forewarned.

The scenario will be announced in a few days. Which is when you'll learn what you're up against. You can edit your character as many times as you want before the scenario is announced, but my say on what is legal and what isn't is final. I've got some good general guidelines, but in general trying to push boundaries or bend rules doesn't work. The goal is to overcome a challenge, not walk over the top of it!

Rules

For you and you alone, you must choose 1 power set, 1 ability set and 1 special item.

A power set is a superhuman ability or set of abilities associated with a single individual character. Gambit's kinetic energy charging and superhuman agility are an example of a power set.

An ability set is naturally learned or trained skill or knowledge or set of skills or knowledge disciplines associated with a single individual character. Black Panther's martial arts and scientific knowledge are an example of an ability set.

A special item is a unique or uncommon object that has commonly been used by comic book characters that does not typically exist within the real world or could be made with common technology. The magical Ebony Blade is an example of a special item.

Special note: Characters from any fiction will be allowed. However, be warned: anime/manga characters with nonsensical powers/abilities or characters that would easily win against general street-level characters will not be permitted.

Powers

-You may not use powers that include:

Physical attributes above Spider-Man.

Reality warping.

Probability altering (good or bad luck).

Illusion Casting.

Healing Factor above Deadpool.

Intangibility.

Invisibility.

Flight.

Super-speed beyond bursts. (No legit speedsters)

Durability above Luke Cage.

Telepathy or Telekinesis.

Precognition above Spider-Man.

Force Fields.

Pheromones.

Tele-dismemberment.

Omnicompetence.

Abilities

-You may not use abilities that allow you to:

Somehow exceed the limitations of your physical attributes. For example, a regular human cannot perform Spider-Man's acrobatic feats as he isn't physically agile enough.

Items

-You may not use items that grant the user:

Additional powers that exceed the accepted powers threshold (Mjolnir, Iron Man's Suit).

An easy solution to combat situations (Mr. X's mind, Midnighter's battle computer, etc).

Anything that would grant an easy win over a Spider-Man level character.

-The items you equip will be the only items you have for the scenario.

-Items that help you use your powers like Cyclop's visor or a few deck's of cards for Gambit are free.

-In addition to special items, you may have whatever weapons you could reasonably buy from regular/black market stores and could reasonably carry with you.

-In addition to special items, you may also have armor to the grade of standard kevlar in a design of your choosing.

-As with all of my scenarios, you may not loot fallen enemies for their equipment under any circumstance.

Trainer

-You will have access to one month's training from a master of your choosing. Your trainer may not telepathically fast-track your learning. Earn it under your own steam.

Example Character

Powers: Spider-Man

Abilities: Lady Shiva

Equipment: Vibranium Suit

Trainer: Bruce Wayne

I thought I'd add an example since this concept is probably new to a lot of you. You can see here how I can mix and match a few fairly specialized characters and make myself a really well rounded hero.

Mission One

Good news everyone, the missions have begun! Bad news is you'll probably have to fight for your life Hunger Games style.

You will each wake up in a zone with environmental challenges. The zones have a force field between them and the middle area (small island type place). You each find a passkey at your landing site. The key will only open the force field for the sector opposite to your own. (i.e. Sector 5-6 will have a passkey to open the way through 11-12).

You will all start at the out-most boundary of a zone. That is to say the point furthest from the island. In the center island is T'Challa, King of Wakanda being held in a energy cell guarded by some rather elite special forces. Defeat their leader and break up the cage to win the scenario!

You are on a team but you are not required to work with your team. I would recommend starting a PM with teammates if you want to work with each other. Unless you allow someone else to post on your behalf, you must post your character's actions. This makes it so everyone is playing and no one takes the wheel without permission.

Environmental conditions will not work to amplify powers. Anyone that camps in a sector will cause all the mobile threats (Kraven, Sabretooth, etc) to converge on their position, regardless of whether or not you are in the appropriate section.

Post your solutions or tactics here, please don't make another thread.

Saving T'Challa is the only way out of the area.

When T'Challa is rescued he will open a portal back to Wakanda for anyone left alive to follow.

What you do, how you do it and everything else is fair game. It's a no holds barred match. But actions may have far-reaching consequences!

(I will get some more graphics up for the teams so you can see everyones builds without scrolling through 10 pages when I get a chance.)

• 12-1: Electrical discharge is released every hour that covers the entire section. Those with human resilience will be killed in one hit. Characters that survive will have stats reduced by half.
  • 1-2: 12 Xenomorphs patrol this section in the hundreds but hundreds more lie sleeping throughout the section, all awakened when their sisters are attacks, bringing waves of 20 every 2 minutes until the intruders are dead. Won't leave section.
  • 2-3: Poison fog that reduces stats, causes extreme pain, paralysis with prolonged exposure, and eventually death. Fog comes from the edge of the arena and falls at a speed of 6 mph toward the beach where it disappears, every other hour.
  • 3-4: Genetically engineered chimps. Chimps have 5 ton strength and durability, can run at 90 mph over rough terrain and among the trees, and have near-human intelligence. Won't leave section.
  • 4-5: Kraven the Hunter with standard gear plus a vibranium spear and vibranium net. He will hunt anyone in the sector for sport. He can leave his section if he has encountered his prey. He is immune to environmental threats and will work with other threats in their respective sections.
  • 5-6: Molten and liquid nitrogen rain.
  • 6-7: Sabretooth (Adamantium) hunts down anyone found inside. He is able to leave section to pursue prey.
  • 7-8: Tsunami every hour that will cleans all life from section.
  • 8-9: Scarabs from The Mummy with diamond hard 'rays' for cutting resistant materials. Respond to sound and heat.
  • 9-10: Two blooded Yautja. First one hunts while the second follows to observe and learn. Second one will not fall the same way the first does. If prey is found, they can leave their sector.
  • 10-11: Rest zone. No environmental threats and mobile threats cannot pursue here. However, multiple teams must fight while in this section or an earthquake will steadily increase terminations occur or the parties leave.
  • 11-12: Patrolling squads of 5 T-850s armed with plasma rifles.

Teams

Team 1: @fatherchaos@higorm, M'Kaye - Start at 12-1

Team 2: @sovereign91001@beatboks1@diredrill - Start at 3-4

Team 3: @strongarm@cjdavis103@frozen - Start at 7-8

Team 4:@cjdavis103@chaos_prime - Start at 8-9

Team 4: Dane and Erik - Start at 11-12

T'Challa's Guards

These guys will have made the island home, with fortifications and traps o'plenty.

#2 Edited by beatboks1 (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane said:
Magic or reality warping.

One day, you'll leave this rule out for me ;D

Powerset - Cameron Hicks

Abilities - Nikita Mears

Equipment - Manhunters gear (Mark Shaw - baton, mask and armor suit - if this is allowed)

Trainer - Adeline Cane

Can I assume that with Nikita's ability set i get her tactical capability as well as her h2H, marksmanship, stealth/ break and enter, hacking/tech AND her munitions bomb knowledge???

Also want to be armed with

two Berattas, one sniper riffle, bowie knife, Bayonet, choke wire, and some smoke and gas grenades ( if I could squeeze in one frag without breaking the rules that would be good too)

#3 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1:

I'll leave magic out if the character meets all the other requirements, but I will have to assess them on an individual basis. Magic can easily be game breaking.

You get all of Nikita's skills and knowledge. You can even think how she thinks, if that makes sense (which I do distinguish from merely having a persons knowledge). Even muscle memory is covered by 'Abilities'.

The gear sounds fine. The rules say anything you could reasonably buy from regular or black market stores. So pretty much any military hardware you can carry that wouldn't cost a million bucks.

#4 Edited by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

• Powers: Santiago [Heroes Webisodes]
  • Abilities: Cassandra Cain
  • Equipment: 5-U-93-R [Injustice], for average weapons Deathstroke's gear in Injustice
  • Trainer: Big Boss [MGS]
#5 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#6 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

cole Macgraths power set ( infamous)

the Doctor's abilats ( does this include knowledge?)

Trained by Cole to use his powers ( unless powers come pre mastered)

Sonic screwdriver(doctor who), metal replaca of the Amp, non conductive bags, a back pack filled with charged lithium Ion batteries, machete, super durrible smart phone + replacements ( carred in bag), barbed wirer, non conductive gloves and of course Duct tape never go anywhere without duct tape

#7 Posted by Beware_My_Power (4602 posts) - - Show Bio

Welp, there goes the speedforce :/

#8 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Stone the Crows!!

Here goes.

Powers - Gambit

Abilities - Constantine Drakon

Items - Vibranium Suit, Night Vision Goggles, Ninja Death Stars, Samurai Sword, Desert Eagle Handgun, Tear Gas & Frag Grenades,Claymore Mines & detonators, Gas Mask, Collapsible Sniper Rifle & a large Rucksack.

Trainer - Thanos

#10 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: Legal. But what is Thanos training you in?

@beware_my_power: Yeah, weirdly the Flash isn't street level.

@cjdavis103: You will have Cole's mastery of his powers. I don't know how powerful he gets in later games but how strong he was in the first game is probably the limit. The Sonic Screwdriver is out, it's actually just a plot device.

@strongarm: Please read the rules again. Probability altering and drugs that shatter the physical limitation rules aren't going to get a pass.

#11 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

it has limits and it is street level and it does not break any of the rules

#12 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane Mind set - 100% focused on the up & coming encounter, hes good at that :)

#13 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

I get the abilaty set from the doctor and item from that perk nothing in your rules list said it is over powered

#15 Edited by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane Thank u Sir :) PS-Good to see u back in the Battle Forum!!

#16 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

and i will do my training with Samuri jack and swap a katana for the amp replica

#17 Edited by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: The rule broken is 'nonsensical'. The Sonic Screwdriver has been stated by the creators or the show to just do whatever it needs to do in each episode. It doesn't have a defined set of abilities. Also, please take into consideration that in one month, you yourself won't have cartoon-like samurai skills. You'll probably be able to swing the swing without cutting yourself.

#18 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_prime: No problem. Good to see you too. I'm interested to see how debaters are these days.

#19 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane said:

@chaos_prime: No problem. Good to see you too. I'm interested to see how debaters are these days.

some very good debaters about but not as prolific as when urself, Sparda, Vance, Geraldthesloth etc etc did the rounds :)

#20 Edited by FatherChaos (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

Powers: Wolverine

Abilities: The Question (Vic Sage)

Items: Standard Kevlar assault armor (with gas mask), DC-17m Interchangeable Weapons system (3 firing modes - Blaster, Sniper rifle, Grenade launcher, with adjustable power settings), dual Glock 18C's with armor piercing rounds. Several No. 76 Incendiary Grenades, three 9-inch steel combat knives, and lastly a brand new Cold Steel War Club.

Trainer: Iron Fist

#21 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

all i want it to do can do is scan, hack, and as a multi use tool it is not like it will kill every thing, but if it is that big a deal i will swap it for an omni tool and a supply of omni gel

if the engineering is to much i will swap the doctors skill set for Jack's and will train under death-stroke and Jack sword will be the special item

#22 Posted by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane: Say what? New Scenario?!?!?

#23 Edited by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: Yessir. The one I mentioned on CL. I wasn't sure if you were doing a scenario yourself there so I thought I would stagger the announcements.

@cjdavis103: Feel free, if you're happy with those restrictions.

@fatherchaos: Yeah, so the KK/Batman 1M thing will probably break the 'nonsensical' rule.

#24 Posted by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane: No plans yet other than the Star Trek one. Might tweek it, put some polish on it and bring it over here though.

#25 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

Okay just to confrum this is okay

Powers: cole Infamous 1

abilaty: the doctor

Training: jack

items : Sonic Screwdriver, metal replaca of the Amp, non conductive bags, a back pack filled with charged lithium Ion batteries, machete, super durrible smart phone + replacements ( carred in bag), barbed wirer, non conductive gloves and of course Duct tape never go anywhere without duct tape

and a katna

#26 Edited by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Erik (32504 posts) - - Show Bio

Erik the Red

Powers:

• Spider-Man

Abilities:

• Cassandra Cain

Special Item:

• Taskmaster's stolen SHIELD energy device

Trainer:

• Iron Fist (to teach K'un Lun first and foremost. Then whatever else I can learn in the alloted time.)

Gear:

• Scarlet Spider styled suit. Purely cosmestic. Armor is lightweight and designed for dexterity. Only vital organs and head are protected with kevlar durability.
  • Glock 18 with 33-round extended magazine (armor piercing and hollow point rounds).
  • AA-12 shotgun with 32-round drum.
  • Tactical gloves with reinforced knuckles.
  • Frag grenades.
  • Flashbangs.
  • Standard katana.
  • Assorted combat and throwing knives.
  • Assorted tactacle tomahawks.
  • Gas mask.
  • Large duffel bag.
#28 Edited by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

Dane

Powers: Wolverine (Adamantium).

Abilities: Wolverine.

Equipment: Batman Beyond Suit. (taking the appearance of a trendy Wolvie outfit)

Trainer: Bruce Wayne.

So, basically Classic Wolverine with strength, speed and agility boosted to Spider-Man levels, with Future Batman's equipment and gadgets. I'll take some training with Bruce to add to Wolverine's already formidable skill-set. I think Logan probably has tracking and fighting down already. So we'll probably focus on detective work, computer hacking and escape artistry. The computer built into the suit itself should be able to calculate mathematical algorithms and identify chemical formulas and such. So I probably won't need to become a Polymath or Ph.D. Chemist overnight.

#29 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

sweet you have any idea when this will start?

#30 Edited by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103: Give it a day or two to pick up some more entrants.

@erik: Legal, sir.

#31 Posted by FatherChaos (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane: Whaaaaaaaaaat.

lol k. I also thought you might pick up on the fact he's Batman using guns, so yeah. I'll edit that accordingly.

#32 Edited by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatherchaos: You can only have one unique item set. Also, Captain Cold's guns are out. They aren't street level. Nth Metal Harness is out as well.

"Anything that would grant an easy win over a Spider-Man level character."

"Flight."

Fix that up and it'll be fine.

#34 Posted by FatherChaos (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane: Conveniently I adjusted the flight harness just before you said that.

And after looking at it some more I decided to revamp most of the equipment anyway.

#35 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatherchaos: Fighting game items are subject to fighting game rules and physics. I deem them nonsensical. In place you may consider Captain America's Energy Shield.

#36 Edited by FatherChaos (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane: >:O

K. But I dislike the idea of using *hiss* any of Captain America's weapons, so I'll switch it out for an extra gun. Would a DC-17m Interchangeable Weapons System from Star Wars be legal?

#37 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatherchaos: I don't care whose weapons you use. I only care that they make sense. You can have the DC-17m but your grenade ammunition will be limited to 5.

#38 Posted by FatherChaos (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane: Fair enough. I'll edit this, hopefully for the last time.

#39 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

can i run a second character

#40 Edited by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by beatboks1 (8020 posts) - - Show Bio

@erik: I sincerely hope this means your reviving the Star Trek one Dane and I already put a crew in for. Cause I put a lot of effort into putting that crew together so it fit. Plus I love the idea of writing for a Klingon war ship.

#42 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Tell me about it! I think all our teams kicked total butt.

#43 Edited by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

Powers: Luke cage

ability's: Shioon breaker new waves

Training: Ryōzanpaku

Item shocker gauntlets, Gas mask, katana, chain mail

#44 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Cjdavis103 (9969 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

okay then swap Luke for Peter Parker

And the Item will be a Viburnum suit

#46 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is the best character I've made so far. Batverine on crack.

#48 Posted by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

• Powers: Santiago [Heroes Webisodes] Billy/Howard [Duumvirate]
  • Abilities: Cassandra Cain Grahad Mills [Red Eyes]
  • Equipment: 5-U-93-R [Injustice] Captain Cold's Cold Gun x2, for average weapons Deathstroke's gear in Injustice
#49 Posted by Dane (10734 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm:

Yeah, so I don't know anything about Duumvirate or Red Eyes so you need to summarize those or provide information links.Captain Cold's gear isn't street level.

#50 Posted by Strongarm (5881 posts) - - Show Bio

@dane:

• Powers: Santiago [Heroes Webisodes] Billy/Howard [Duumvirate]
  • Abilities: Cassandra Cain Grahad Mills [Red Eyes]
Loading Video...

• Equipment: 5-U-93-R [Injustice]Captain Cold's Cold Gun x2 Mr Freeze's Freeze Gun x2 [Batman TAS], for average weapons Deathstroke's gear in Injustice
Loading Video...