#1 Posted by Thanofleeze (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

Sonya destroys Dan. Flawless victory. Fatality.

#3 Posted by Thanofleeze (2431 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze:

Simply having a belt doesn't mean much; regardless, Sonya has mastery of multiple martial arts.

#5 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze:

What concerns me about this fight is that while Sonya definitely approaches her fights with ruthless ambition, Street Fighters (and KOF'ers) are all superhumans with near Spider-Man level strength and durability based on feats. Street Fighters like Honda, T.Hawk, Zangief, etc.. have even better stats.

The Punisher layed into Spider-Man with no noticeable effects not to long ago. So my question is, could Sonya even hit Dan hard enough to hurt him? She has the skills, but does she have the power?

#6 Posted by Thanofleeze (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze:

Simply having a belt doesn't mean much; regardless, Sonya has mastery of multiple martial arts.

I like how you insult all of martial arts so trivially, lol.

#7 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@thanofleeze:

I like how you insult all of martial arts so trivially, lol.

Not really, but regardless, "just" having a black belt doesn't mean you can beat Ryu or Ken, Liu Kang or Kung Lao. Nor does it mean you can beat Sonya Blade.

@thanofleeze:

What concerns me about this fight is that while Sonya definitely approaches her fights with ruthless ambition, Street Fighters (and KOF'ers) are all superhumans with near Spider-Man level strength and durability based on feats. Street Fighters like Honda, T.Hawk, Zangief, etc.. have even better stats.

The Punisher layed into Spider-Man with no noticeable effects not to long ago. So my question is, could Sonya even hit Dan hard enough to hurt him? She has the skills, but does she have the power?

Ummm...MK characaters, Tekken characters, Soul Caliber, DOA, etc, all have super human stats as well; it's not just SF and KOF.

Sonya specifically:

• Striking power to shatter bone, stone, and steel (and probably stronger materials as well)
  • Legs strong enough to rip a body in two
  • able to withstand the explosion of a bomb in close proximity and walk away (in the Malibu comic)

Sonya is also one of the characters who relies on tech as a part of her moveset as well, carrying with her, her wrist mounted shooter which fires energy rings, as well as can be used to crush people and break steel.

Against Dan, Sonya is just to much. She is also said to be in Liu Kang's league in terms of raw h2h skill too.

IMO a better fight would be Sonya vs C. Viper.

#8 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus:

Although a simple yes would've sufficed, I truly thank you for the info on Sonya's stats. No sarcasm.

Sonya Blade for the win due to wrist blaster's range and power output.

#9 Posted by Thanofleeze (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus:

Although a simple yes would've sufficed, I truly thank you for the info on Sonya's stats. No sarcasm.

Sonya Blade for the win due to wrist blaster's range and power output.

What about the range on this?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100117132304/streetfighter/images/9/92/Gadouken.gif

#10 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3241 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanofleeze:

LMAO! GIF's are funny (hehehe)! But I think Sonya's Wrist Blaster's range is well above the "Gadoken". IMO.;)