• 58 results
The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By The_Imperator

@mugasofer: Dexter's argument is that the Daleks will be stupid and bring people into the control room. Caan was saying that Donna, who should have been dead inside a non-functional TARDIS, was always going to defeat the Daleks. It was a predestination paradox, is what he was saying. Donna herself wasn't actually even in the control room to be captured. 2 Deus ex machinas in a row is what allowed her to do what she did to stop the Daleks. The first was just happen to have a Time Lord body part full of energy that she could touch, the second was Davros shooting her up with electricity, but not enough to actually kill her, which then turned her into a Time Lord/human hybrid. The prisoners didn't get out, at all, till after Donna did her number on the control panel.

NDP had nanites, had Time War era models of soldiers (Asylum of the Daleks), and had the planet busting missiles. Now, high end calcs for those missiles, which I don't necessarily agree with, can be found here: http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=21634

Easily planet busting missiles should be able to shred through the Borg like the 8472 weapons did.

doctor98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By doctor98

Dalek curve stomp sorry.the Borg take a while to adept the daleks would destroy them before they had time to. Also the daleks are in many universes unlike the Borg who are only in one universe. Also the daleks can set in the time vortex using the reality destroying bomb which wotod destroy the entire trek universe.also they were able to fight the Timelords to a stalemate.the Timelords who are the smartest most advance species in the universe. Nuff said.also the Borg could not assimilate a dalek because the daleks would not get near a Borg to destroy Thek again the reality bomb sorry daleks win.

Phillibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This debate is hamstrung by the universal fact that comes up whenever the Daleks of the Time War are involved in a fight. They are one of the VERY few multiversal threats in any fiction. The borg are galactic, at best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9
deactivated-5cc9f423d4bb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will "bump" this thread just because I want to post this quote:

Cyber Leader: Daleks, be warned. You have declared war upon the Cybermen.

Dalek Sec: This is not war. This is pest control!

Cyber Leader: We have five million Cybermen. How many are you?

Dalek Sec: Four.

Cyber Leader: You would destroy the Cybermen with four Daleks?

Dalek Sec: We would destroy the Cybermen with one Dalek! You are superior in only one respect.

Cyber Leader: What is that?

Dalek Sec: You are better at dying.

Basically, the Cybermen are Dr.Who's version of the Borg.

No Caption Provided

Daleks stomp.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daleks stomp, so freaking hard.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freefa11 said:

The Daleks nearly collapsed all of space and time and fought the Time Lords to a virtual standstill for eons. The Borg couldn't even conquer one civilization of one quadrant of one galaxy and got their asses beat by Species 8472, a race who's greatest demonstration of firepower was blowing up a planet (and doing it far more slowly than the Deathstar could have accomplished, as a comparison). Also, some quick upgrades to Voyager with tech only a few decades more advanced than normal allowed the ship to one-shot multiple cubes, and withstand bombardment from multiple cubes for quite a while.

The Borg are simply overrated. They only appear nigh-unstoppable when dealing with opponents who are already technologically inferior to themselves (like the Federation; and even then, Voyager did a lot of damage to that image). Their ability to adapt has been shown to have limits, and from what I can tell, Dalek technology exceeds those limits by pretty wide margins.

Plus, Daleks are smart. They might not even need to use raw firepower if they can figure out a way to hack the Borg Collective, or disrupt the subspace signals that connect all the drones and allow the Queen to transmit orders, or they might come up with some sort of invasive program or paradox to cripple the collective, like the Enterprise considered with Hue.

But then I actually know less about the Daleks than the Borg, so maybe they are overrated too. I'm just saying, everything I've heard about them, as well as the Time Lords, suggests a level of tech pretty far beyond almost anything seen in Trek besides the Q.

Also note, I am talking more about their respective empires than individuals, although I'm pretty sure a single Dalek could take out quite a few drones (hell, a single competent Klingon with a Bat'leth could take out quite a few drones).

Except for the Klingon part, what this guy said

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By VashtaNerada88

LOL this is boarderline slaughter stomp. there isn't a thing the borg could hope to do to the daleks.

One is a galactic threat, at best; the other threatened the existence of every universe.

kjConlon94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the Doctor Who Book, Engines of War it has been shown that by creating their own Eye of Harmony that the Daleks were able to build weapons that as soon as the target is hit immediately that individual person and civilization/race is completely written out of time/history so that they would never have even been born or even come into existence. Plus with their own Eye of Harmony they were able to design exact duplicates of alternate Dalek armor/weapons from other universes therefore possibly they could find something that would permanently neutralize the Borg with all their extremely fast adapting/upgrades.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L0EYNOY/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1, (AUDIO: The Genocide Machine), (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element), (AUDIO: The Time of the Daleks).

feistybutthole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry to revive this thread, but come on, the borg win this easily. It only takes one assimilated dalek to completely turn the tides. They get the scent of superior technology and they'll throw everything they have at it until one succeeds, and it only takes one.