Daken vs. Luke Cage

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostRider29

Random encounter in the streets of LA. Morals are off. Daken has Muramasa blades bonded to his claws. WIll daken kill Luke Cage or will Luke power his way to victory?   

vs. 

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By cyberninja

Luke Cage barely wins.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually think Luke Cage dies here. Daken is by far a better fighter enhanced with his pheromones plus a healing factor. Luke maybe can dish out some pain but it's gonna be worst than what happen to Skarr when him and Daken fought.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cage. 
Unless Daken uses his pheromone control to manipulate Cage. I think Luke takes the majority.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Erik

Cage easily wins. 

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Superskrull86

Luke Cage

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Daken easily. Cage is not very skilled, and Daken would avoid any of his hits and land some seriously deadly shots. Daken wins hands down.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erik
@Edgeworth_11 said:
Daken easily. Cage is not very skilled, and Daken would avoid any of his hits and land some seriously deadly shots. Daken wins hands down.
Do you understand that Daken cannot hurt Cage? Like at all?
Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Superskrull86

This is Dark Avengers, right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Without the Muramasa blades bonded to his claws Daken can't hurt Cage. With them he slaughters him.
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By karrob

What can Daken do to Cage?

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Erik said:
Cage easily wins. 

This. You can't hurt what you can't cut.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erik
@Jake Fury said:
Without the Muramasa blades bonded to his claws Daken can't hurt Cage. With them he slaughters him.
I do not think he could even hurt Cage with them. Emma Frost was able to break the tips off of the claws. The M blade is not adamantium. It seems to break just as easily as any sword actually. The Tinkerer even told Daken he had to be sure they would cut before he used them on his target.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Saren
@karrob said:
What can Daken do to Cage?
This.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Erik said:
@Jake Fury said:
I do not think he could even hurt Cage with them. Emma Frost was able to break the tips off of the claws. The M blade is not adamantium. It seems to break just as easily as any sword actually. The Tinkerer even told Daken he had to be sure they would cut before he used them on his target.
Pretty sure he told him to be careful because he doesn't have a skeleton to act as a shock absorber, like his father does. No comment about the effectiveness of the blade/claws.

Emma Frost was able to break the tips off of the claws

When? I can't remember that.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Erik
@Morpheus_:  
Well I could have remember the why wrong with the Tinkerer. It has been a while.  

The tip breaking thing happened in Utopia. Dark Avengers #7. In the fight with Hellion and his band in Times Square.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Erik: It's been quite a while since I read it, too, no worries.

I'll check it out. I remember the scene with her blocking the claws to save Hellion, but not that detail.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@Erik
Oh ok. For some reason I was thinking they can cut through pretty much anything. I know he used them with great results against Skaar. I wonder how his durability compares to Luke?
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By progenitorigin

Are you guys kidding? Use your imagination a little, Daken could use his phermones to manipulate Cage into thinking negatively and lose this psychologically.  He may not be able to cut Cage, but he can still use his martial arts and superior speed to Ali around this.
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By theicon

cage pounds  daken

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@Erik said:
Cage easily wins. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erik
@progenitor said:
Are you guys kidding? Use your imagination a little, Daken could use his phermones to manipulate Cage into thinking negatively and lose this psychologically.  He may not be able to cut Cage, but he can still use his martial arts and superior speed to Ali around this.
LOL! His martial arts will not do anything. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By progenitorigin
@Erik said:
@progenitor said:

Not directly--no, but he can still manage to avoid getting hit by Cage, which would make this a standstill, considering with phermones, Daken managed to take on Skaar and nearly Spider-Man.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Yeah, I honestly don't believe Daken's superior MA prowess or his speed/agility will do much of anything, besides delaying the inevitable. He has no means to put Cage down, unless we assume he has the power gauntlet given to him by Reed, and we still don't know it's upper limit to tell if it could be of use against Luke, or not.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@progenitor said:
@Erik said:
@progenitor said:
Not directly--no, but he can still manage to avoid getting hit by Cage, which would make this a standstill, considering with phermones, Daken managed to take on Skaar and nearly Spider-Man.
He had the muramasa claws against Skaar (even though he hurt him with the bone claws, too). Spider-Man is very different. The issue isn't if Daken can outmanoeuvre Cage (which is a given), but if he can hurt him. With Spidey, hurting him wasn't an issue.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By progenitorigin
@Morpheus_
That's true, but you've seen his speed utilized against Deadpool, if he can completely avoid getting hit by Cage by using his speed & phermones to manipulate, how is Cage going to win this?
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erik
@progenitor said:
@Morpheus_: That's true, but you've seen his speed utilized against Deadpool, if he can completely avoid getting hit by Cage by using his speed & phermones to manipulate, how is Cage going to win this?
Cage is bound to get a shot in eventually. Statistically he should get one by accident before the fight went on for too long. One is all it would take to severely slow Daken down for further pummeling. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@progenitor: Daken is unlikely to just keep dodging indefinitely, not because he couldn't do it (and Cage isn't fast enough to catch him), but because it's not his style. He dodges only to go on the offensive afterwards. Much like his fight against FrankenCastle after he lost the muramasa claws. His main problem was that Frank was too durable to be taken down by the bone claws, but that didn't stop him from trying to do it. In case he attempts to cut Cage, the chances of Cage landing a hit do increase. I presume the fight won't comprise of Cage just trying to hit Daken and Daken dodging until one of them collapses from exhaustion, because it's unlikely given their respective personalities. I could see Daken winning in a comic book by using the environment in his favour, but I otherwise don't like Daken's chances without the muramasa claws.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By progenitorigin
@Morpheus_
Yeah, I can accept that.  Just, you know, trying to think outside the box here for sake of debate.
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GhostRider29

I thought Dakens claws would be strong enough to cut through Lukes skin, but since he can't, I gave him better claws. lol Let the debates continue!
Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By Chaos Burn

With muramasa claw - Daken wins
With pheromones and bone claw - Cage wins after a difficult fight
With just bone claw - Cage wins easily

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GhostRider29

Btw, My money's on Daken.
X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By X_Titans

Are Luke's eyes invulnerable? If they're not then Daken could blind him if Daken's lucky.  

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GhostRider29
@X_Titans
I think so. Same with like inside his mouth?
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By D3athstroke

Daken Slaughters Cage 
If he Can Cut  through "Iron Patriot" Armor He Can Cut Cage Easily 

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Cage for the win.
Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@D3athstroke said:
Daken Slaughters Cage If he Can Cut  through "Iron Patriot" Armor He Can Cut Cage Easily 
Umm...what? Sorry, but Daken doesn't stand a chance.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#39  Edited By Saren
@D3athstroke said:
Daken Slaughters Cage If he Can Cut  through "Iron Patriot" Armor He Can Cut Cage Easily 
Someone doesn't know who Cage is.
GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GhostRider29
@Illuminatus
Daken has a chance.
Kala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daken.

The muramasa blades can cut through just about anything, they just aren't very durable being similar to tamahagane, meaning as long as he cuts with proper technique, he'll be fine.
That said, Daken's bone claws have natural ferrous properties and can cut through an Iron Man suit, which are generally made of a combination of alloys, the most traditional solution being nitinol, titanium and nickel.

That proves Daken can cut titanium or at least dent it and since Luke Cage's skin is as strong as titanium, Daken can slice him apart.
Even if that weren't the case, Cage can still be attacked with pressure points (an un-powered Black Panther did this), strikes to the wind pipe and suffer internal bleeding.
Daken's speed against Deadpool and proven ability to cut titanium tells me that he'd speed blitz Cage and take his head off.
WITH muramasa.. spite fight.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CF12793

Daken should be able to win this.

He's survived a beating from the Thing who is a lot more powerful than Cage is. He's a way better fighter then Cage as well as faster and more agile. I think his pheremones as well as his "disappearing" trick will play a factor in this fight. The only advantage Cage holds in this fight is durability/strength, but I'm pretty sure Daken has the means of hurting him.