Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Voidheart said:
" still a curbstomp LOL "
LOL. It's Thor vs Daken. How could the outcome be anything other than that?
Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Doombert

The fight between them wasn't even a fight.  Im in no way arguing the outcome would be different but Daken didn't even see Thor before him and a small unit of soldiers were just crushed.

Irregardless the asgardians were underportrayed in the whole siege series.  I think everyone concurs to that.  Do I think Daken could kill one?  Absolutely.  Do I think he could run into a group of them and stand a chance like he did?  Nope.  If one got a hold of him they could tear him in half.  

As far as saying Bucky is a better fighter than Daken...right now that seems like a kinda absurd claim to make.  Bucky has been around a good while longer to establish more feats but Dakens feats (the few that he has) are pretty astonishing for a guy with a surprisingly low power set. 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Doombert said:
      As far as saying Bucky is a better fighter than Daken...right now that seems like a kinda absurd claim to make.  Bucky has been around a good while longer to establish more feats but Dakens feats (the few that he has) are pretty astonishing for a guy with a surprisingly low power set.    "
What has Daken done that puts im above Bucky..that doesn't directly deal with his claws?
simsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By simsey

doesn't daken hav 4  adamantium claws or at least coated claws and 2 coated claws from the muramasa blade i know bucky has the shield but say daken would take him one on one  plus i dont know what kinda steel or metal bucky's arm is made of but if daken can do damage to dat bucky better hope the avengers arrive fast

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" @Doombert said:
      As far as saying Bucky is a better fighter than Daken...right now that seems like a kinda absurd claim to make.  Bucky has been around a good while longer to establish more feats but Dakens feats (the few that he has) are pretty astonishing for a guy with a surprisingly low power set.    "
What has Daken done that puts im above Bucky..that doesn't directly deal with his claws? "
Using his claws in battle is part of his fighting style, much like Daredevil using his billy clubs, or Captain America his shield.

Besides, he said that Daken cannot be placed above Buck at this point, regardless.
Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Doombert
@Vance Astro: 

Keeping up with Spider Man outmaneuvering Skaar, dodging around the Thing and Ares. 

Doing what he did with Deadpool was a bit of PiS.  He has never really had a real showing against any real H2H combatants except Clint and that whole sequence of what Clint was capable of doing was PiS imo.  

Bucky killing ninjas (an exampe used earlier by someone) is retarded.  Master Po said it best when he said Ninjas are stupid, my dog could kill a ninja.  

Now I dont want ppl to take this is fanboy bs.  I actually like Bucky better but I think haters like to hate on Daken just because he is Logans son. 

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Doombert said:
" @Vance Astro:   =Doing what he did with Deadpool was a bit of PiS.  He has never really had a real showing against any real H2H combatants except Clint and that whole sequence of what Clint was capable of doing was PiS imo.       "
Could you expand on why you think it was PIS?
Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Doombert

Take any one of those combatants and put them in close quarters with Clint and he would have one hell of a fight.  Going through the gauntlet like he did would have had to take a lot of prep, a lot of luck and a little bit of a plot devise to make the story a fun read.  Im not a huge Clint follower but from what I understand Clint is a bit of a hothead at times (thus the whole running in there to begin with, argument that his prep ability isnt that grand) and as far as luck goes he is no Domino.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Doombert said:
" Take any one of those combatants and put them in close quarters with Clint and he would have one hell of a fight.  Going through the gauntlet like he did would have had to take a lot of prep, a lot of luck and a little bit of a plot devise to make the story a fun read.  Im not a huge Clint follower but from what I understand Clint is a bit of a hothead at times (thus the whole running in there to begin with, argument that his prep ability isnt that grand) and as far as luck goes he is no Domino.   "
Excuse me, I thought you considered PIS Daken's showing against Deadpool, not Clint's against Daken and the rest of the Dark Avengers. My mistake.
Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Doombert

To be fair the Daken vs Deadpool fight is a argument I am making with ignorance.  I personally did not read that book, one of the few I missed.  What I have heard is there really wasn't much of a fight at all.  That just struck me as odd seeing as how Wade is a very skilled MA to begin with, throw in a healing factor that rivals some of the best (depending on his mood) and a H2H fighter like Daken would have to do quite a bit to take him down.  

Like I said, argument made in ignorance but an informed Doombert could make a much better argument then the currently uninformed type.

*edit* and to throw in at that time Daken did not have the Muramasa blade for a quick win

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Doombert said:
" To be fair the Daken vs Deadpool fight is a argument I am making with ignorance.  I personally did not read that book, one of the few I missed.  What I have heard is there really wasn't much of a fight at all.  That just struck me as odd seeing as how Wade is a very skilled MA to begin with, throw in a healing factor that rivals some of the best (depending on his mood) and a H2H fighter like Daken would have to do quite a bit to take him down.    Like I said, argument made in ignorance but an informed Doombert could make a much better argument then the currently uninformed type. "
There isn't much to know about the fight. Daken basically humiliated Deadpool with his ability to disappear, or "to be where his opponent is not looking", as he said. Deadpool only managed to land a hit because he angered Daken by mentioning his father. Once Daken regained his composure he kept doing the same thing.

Also, there's only so much a healing factor can do when your enemy constantly cuts off your hands. I view it as a testament to Daken's kill, more than anything else. He did the same to Wolverine, and Cyber.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

LOL Morph...

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Vance Astro said:
" LOL Morph... "
?

@Morpheus_ said:
" Also, there's only so much a healing factor can do when your enemy constantly cuts off your hands. I view it as a testament to Daken's skill, more than anything else. He did the same to Wolverine, and Cyber. "
Slight correction to a typing error.
Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Doombert

You're just a funny guy I guess?  

Yea anywho, I didn't realize dismemberment was a part of that fight. 

Just curious when did Logan actually try and fight Daken?  I've heard of this a few times but I've never seen any sort of conflict happen when logan wasnt holding back.  I'm just curious about this.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Doombert said:
" You're just a funny guy I guess?    Yea anywho, I didn't realize dismemberment was a part of that fight.   Just curious when did Logan actually try and fight Daken?  I've heard of this a few times but I've never seen any sort of conflict happen when logan wasnt holding back.  I'm just curious about this. "
The second time they encountered each other. Wolverine was holding back at first, then Daken enraged him, and Logan taunted him on how weak he was, trying to make him lose his concentration, all the while attacking him. Daken regained composure and slit his throat while in mid-air. Cyber intervened shortly afterwards, but Daken won that fight.

They had two more short bouts, afterwards, but nothing as prolonged as that.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#67  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

God I want to say Bucky....I guess it all hinges on Daken's pheremones IMO.

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Yaujtapool
@Lunacyde said:
" God I want to say Bucky....I guess it all hinges on Daken's pheremones IMO. "
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Doombert said:
" You're just a funny guy I guess?    Yea anywho, I didn't realize dismemberment was a part of that fight.   Just curious when did Logan actually try and fight Daken?  I've heard of this a few times but I've never seen any sort of conflict happen when logan wasnt holding back.  I'm just curious about this. "
The second time they encountered each other. Wolverine was holding back at first, then Daken enraged him, and Logan taunted him on how weak he was, trying to make him lose his concentration, all the while attacking him. Daken regained composure and slit his throat while in mid-air. Cyber intervened shortly afterwards, but Daken won that fight.

They had two more short bouts, afterwards, but nothing as prolonged as that.
"
Whats with the AV's today ?
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Yaujtapool: The Creator has announced his retirement.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
Daken is still faster than Buck, IMO.
Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Yaujtapool
@Lunacyde said:
" @Yaujtapool: The Creator has announced his retirement. "
Ahh i see , very unfortunate .
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Lunacyde said:
Daken is still faster than Buck, IMO. "
I agree that Daken is faster, however it's not such a huge difference in my mind that Bucky's other assets don't balance it out including his cybernetic arm, indestructible shield, conventional arms, and years of combat experience. I believe Bucky is the better pure H2H fighter. Daken may take this on account of his mutant abilities however.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" LOL Morph... "
?

The creator avatar..I thought it was him.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Lunacyde said:
I agree that Daken is faster, however it's not such a huge difference in my mind that Bucky's other assets don't balance it out including his cybernetic arm, indestructible shield, conventional arms, and years of combat experience. I believe Bucky is the better pure H2H fighter. Daken may take this on account of his mutant abilities however. "
I think the difference is amplified due to Daken's "disappearing" technique. We've seen Buck struggle against Batroc, and Daken is faster than that. In fact, fastre than the superhuman eye can see, as evident by Wolverine being unable to spot him.

I agree that Buck has a lot of advantages going for him, and it is possible that he could take victories, but I disagree with the estimation that everything concerning Daken's success (overall, not only in this fight) is because of his pheromones. He has achieved significant feats without them. 

I agree Buck is the better combatant because of the combination of quality and quantity in his feats. But Daken is not far behind, based on the people he has gone up against, and whom he has defeated.

@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" LOL Morph... "
?

The creator avatar..I thought it was him. "

Thought so.
OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By OhTru
@Vance Astro said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @D3athstroke said:

" @Vance Astro: Read Dark Wolverine 84 "
I didn't see any slaying of gods or bringing of Ragnarok...I saw Daken kissing men. "
He was supposedly chosen by the fates to trigger it. It's a theory at this point.

As for killing gods, he did. In the scans he is killing Asgardians. Asgardians are gods. Hence why Daken himself is a self-proclaimed "Godslayer". It doesn't mean much. It's just a cool way of describing himself. It doesn't add anything to his power.
"
All Asgardians count as gods? Ridiculous "
So Daken not only has that pheromone power he's also gay?

@Morpheus_

said:

"

Thought so. "

seriously dump the avatar

that obnoxious troll and his group with their harassment antics  was all beneath you  

@rbysjti

said:

" I have to go with Daken cos he's more cunning and more vicious "

and anyway I don't think Bucky ever scored a win against Wolverine healing factor
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@OhTru said:
" So Daken not only has that pheromone power he's also gay? "
He uses sex as a way to influence people, and "poison" their minds. There are several implications that he had sex with men, but he spends most of his time with women, even when it is just for recreational purposes, not merely for business.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#77  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@OhTru, 

It amazes me you have yet to be banned, lol.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By slimj87d
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Lunacyde said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Lunacyde said:
I agree that Daken is faster, however it's not such a huge difference in my mind that Bucky's other assets don't balance it out including his cybernetic arm, indestructible shield, conventional arms, and years of combat experience. I believe Bucky is the better pure H2H fighter. Daken may take this on account of his mutant abilities however. "
I think the difference is amplified due to Daken's "disappearing" technique. We've seen Buck struggle against Batroc, and Daken is faster than that. In fact, fastre than the superhuman eye can see, as evident by Wolverine being unable to spot him.

I agree that Buck has a lot of advantages going for him, and it is possible that he could take victories, but I disagree with the estimation that everything concerning Daken's success (overall, not only in this fight) is because of his pheromones. He has achieved significant feats without them. 

I agree Buck is the better combatant because of the combination of quality and quantity in his feats. But Daken is not far behind, based on the people he has gone up against, and whom he has defeated.

@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" LOL Morph... "
?

The creator avatar..I thought it was him. "

Thought so. "
In Bucky's defense, anytime Batroc was possibly giving him trouble, it was under very stressful conditions such as a Helicopter firing a gatling gun that could turn a watermelon into vapor, or goons electrocuting him, and the mystery man appearing. I think Bucky did well taking all that into account. It wasn't Batroc that gave him a big struggle but Batroc and a small army of men.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@SlimJ87D said:

" In Bucky's defense, anytime Batroc was possibly giving him trouble, it was under very stressful conditions such as a Helicopter firing a gatling gun that could turn a watermelon into vapor, or goons electrocuting him, and the mystery man appearing. I think Bucky did well taking all that into account. It wasn't Batroc that gave him a big struggle but Batroc and a small army of men. "

I was referring to Buck's ability to hit Batroc straightforwardly (he only hit him by deflecting the shield on the bridge's structure), despite the conditions you speak of (and Bucky himself said "the chopper is holding off now"), and generally follow his movement - fighting him under unconventional circumstances may be an excuse, but Buck did not seem to be hindered all that much by that when he faced Crossbones and the entire Serpent Squad, all at once, a group far more skilled than Batroc's random goons. Considering the thread is set in the Siege battlefield, Buck has nowhere to deflect the shield on, hence what I said above, adding to the fact that Daken is faster than Batroc in the first place. Also, the Man with No Name only attacked him after Buck disposed of Batroc.

All in all, I did not mean to imply that Buck would have a serious problem with Batroc, if they were to meet mano a mano. Just that despite the conditions, Buck did have trouble connecting with him.
slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By slimj87d
@Morpheus_ said:

" @SlimJ87D said:

" In Bucky's defense, anytime Batroc was possibly giving him trouble, it was under very stressful conditions such as a Helicopter firing a gatling gun that could turn a watermelon into vapor, or goons electrocuting him, and the mystery man appearing. I think Bucky did well taking all that into account. It wasn't Batroc that gave him a big struggle but Batroc and a small army of men. "

I was referring to Buck's ability to hit Batroc straightforwardly (he only hit him by deflecting the shield on the bridge's structure), despite the conditions you speak of (and Bucky himself said "the chopper is holding off now"), and generally follow his movement - fighting him under unconventional circumstances may be an excuse, but Buck did not seem to be hindered all that much by that when he faced Crossbones and the entire Serpent Squad, all at once, a group far more skilled than Batroc's random goons. Considering the thread is set in the Siege battlefield, Buck has nowhere to deflect the shield on, hence what I said above, adding to the fact that Daken is faster than Batroc in the first place. Also, the Man with No Name only attacked him after Buck disposed of Batroc.

All in all, I did not mean to imply that Buck would have a serious problem with Batroc, if they were to meet mano a mano. Just that despite the conditions, Buck did have trouble connecting with him. "
Really? In the issue I have, Bucky is fighting both Batroc and the mystery man for a little while. But I understand what you are saying now, you are saying before that even happened, it was hard for Bucky to get some clean hits. He did kick Batroc in the face in 43, and jumped kicked him, trip him in 44 cleanly. I don't think Bucky had that much trouble fighting Batroc.

Well I think Bucky and Batroc will be meeting again soon. I'm waiting to see what happens in the Siege Captain AMerica one shot, because I think it should continue the fight between Taskmaster and Bucky. I'm hoping it's a straight forward fight with no interference.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@SlimJ87D said:

" Really? In the issue I have, Bucky is fighting both Batroc and the mystery man for a little while. But I understand what you are saying now, you are saying before that even happened, it was hard for Bucky to get some clean hits. He did kick Batroc in the face in 43, and jumped kicked him, trip him in 44 cleanly. I don't think Bucky had that much trouble fighting Batroc.   "

They fought twice, so it's possible that we speak of different issues, or even of different pages in the same issue, since the battles were continuously intertwined.

Well I think Bucky and Batroc will be meeting again soon. I'm waiting to see what happens in the Siege Captain AMerica one shot, because I think it should continue the fight between Taskmaster and Bucky. I'm hoping it's a straight forward fight with no interference.

Interesting. I did not know that. I think Bucky will take him down without great strain this time. I just want to see how well he will fare, agility wise. His superiority over Batroc is otherwise unquestionable.
WeaponX510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By WeaponX510

Daken is getting a bullet to the forehead , a shield to the balls, and bionic arm in his ass

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Colourfully inappropriate imagination aside, Daken wins.