• 83 results
#1 Edited by Doombert (517 posts) - - Show Bio

Well with siege heating up a bit its very plausible that these two will meet.  With that being said this battle will be met in Asgard in the middle of the battlefield.   

Seeing as how Bucky killed Dakens mother I think this fight is destined to happen at some point.  I'm not sure if Bucky can handle a full blown encounter with Daken.  

*edit* for bad spelling  =(

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio

If Bucky didn't have to worry about Phermones he would own Daken.

#3 Posted by spiderpigbart (2651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" If Bucky didn't have to worry about Phermones he would own Daken. "
I respectfully disagree.
#4 Edited by Doombert (517 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a big factor in this would be if Daken could keep his cool during the encounter.  Just mentioning his mother has taken him to the point where he would do something stupid.  (If memory serves me correctly he threatened a group of Dark Avengers right before he joined the team.)  Pitting him against the guy that killed his mother may put him at a disadvantage here.

Then again Daken may have been thinking/planning about this fight for some time.  It's really hard to tell with such a character.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doombert said:
" I think a big factor in this would be if Daken could keep his cool during the encounter.  Just mentioning his mother has taken him to the point where he would do something stupid.  (If memory serves me correctly he threatened a group of Dark Avengers right before he joined the team.)  Pitting him against the guy that killed his mother may put him at a disadvantage here.  Then again Daken may have been thinking/planning about this fight for some time.  It's really hard to tell with such a character. "
If if Daken is at 100% I don't think he can take Bucky in combat.He would have to use Pheromones or Bucky is going to hand him his ass.
#6 Edited by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderpigbart: 

I respectfully would have to disagree and agree with Vance Astro.

Anyways, sure Bucky was hired to do it but Daken knows it was romulous who was pulling the strings. But I don't know if Daken knows about it, but when he does I think they are bound to have a fight.

But Bucky is damn good at fighting. His fighting skills even top Captain America, it's just that Cap's super soldier formula is what differentiates them. But Bucky is a very deadly and experienced fighter he's beaten Wolverine a few times and even stalemated him with adamantium. Besides that he's knocked Daken out twice in a fight in the New Avengers title with his shield during a brawl.

The pheromones is what Bucky will have to be really dealing with, but seriously what kind of power is smell? I think that is a sissy power.
#7 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken, assuming he uses pheromones.
#8 Posted by Dane (10590 posts) - - Show Bio

Phermones are a rubbish plot device power. A thinly veiled deus ex machina to differientiate Daken from being an exact clone of Wolverine. Same thing with his alternate claw arrangement, same thing with his wanna-be edgy tribal tattoo.

Without it, Bucky wins. With it, not so sure.

#9 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio

I also forgot his had bone claws, so his bones are breakable. Adamantium was a big reason why his fight with Wolverine ended in a stalemate. The other 1 or 2 times without it, he was able to Knock Wolverine out cold.

Wolverine was getting beat up by 5 samurai or ninjas I can't remember and they knocked him out. Later Bucky came and beat and killed all them and after Wolverine got all healed up more samurais came, and then bucky quickly beat him up and knocked him out. When Wolverine was falling asleep again he heard a bunch of fighting and woke up to more dead samurais.

Bucky is a very capable fighter. I agree that the pheromones are cheezy and even if he used them, I think Bucky has fought literally 100s of battles, enough for him to get over them.

Sure Daken has the maramusa crap in his claws, but Bucky has a bionic arm that I don't think the bone claws can cut through which grants him super strength and can give off bolts of electricity with electric punches. The maramusa in his bones don't make his bones stronger they just delay healing factors.

Bucky's Captain America suit is also bullet proof and impact resistant.

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken would win in a fight. Bucky has no defense for Daken's pheromones.

#11 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: 

I don't know about that, Stark gave him implants to resist mind control. The only thing that got past that are the Asgardian rune stones which I don't think Daken's pheromones are as strong as.

For a writer to ignore something like his implants is as equal as a writer ignoring the pheromones.
#12 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@SlimJ87D: Daken's pheromones are not mind control. They alter a person's senses and perception.
#13 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody: 

Through the mind? I bet. But even so, Dakens been beat a few times already even when he used the damn pheromones against other heroes. Of course one of those fights was against a Wolverine clone. 

The pheromones is just a plot device to make the fight more interesting but with Bucky's fighting experience I predict he can get over it some how, whether it being him drowning out the pheromones strategically with a chemical. Fighting against Ironman and Wolverine with them having a clear advantage he was able to outsmart and stalemate them. He's beaten WOlverine without adamantium and was even the one that snuck into Weapon X and beat up all their agents and freed Wolverine from Weapon X.

If it was in an Octagon with no way for Bucky to use his smarts then I would have to give it to Daken because of the healing factor. But with his smarts, the shield, his gadgets and his electrical discharging arm I'd have to give it to Bucky.

The two will fight soon I'm sure. And after we all see what Bucky can really do during the heroic age a lot of people will be impressed.

As of right now, people that read Captain America only know how deadly and skilled Bucky is. I swear his fighting prowess eclipses Captain America and Wolverine it's just that he isn't as enhanced as they are that resulted in him stalemating them. I think it's pretty impressive for such feats.
#14 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to go with Daken cos he's more cunning and more vicious
#15 Posted by k4tzm4n (36433 posts) - - Show Bio
@rbysjti said:
"I have to go with Daken cos he's more cunning and more vicious "

than Storm.
Staff
#16 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
"@rbysjti said:
"I have to go with Daken cos he's more cunning and more vicious "
than Storm. "

I liked that!
#17 Posted by Doombert (517 posts) - - Show Bio

I completely agree with some things on here.  The last confrontation I saw between Bucky and Logan though gave Bucky prep time to deal with Logan.  I remember a handcuffed Logan biting the piss out of Bucky and that made me lol a bit.

It was mentioned that you dont think that his claw could cut through his arm.  It was stated in Wolverine origins that the Muramasa blade cuts on a molecular level.  That was stated by Shield scientists after they find a Shiva robot cut in half.  If that's true the claw could punch a whole through caps shield. 

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
#19 Posted by Dane (10590 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Vance Astro said:
"
It'd be a good fight but Bucky's fighting skills own.
#20 Posted by SlimJ87D (9338 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doombert said:
" I completely agree with some things on here.  The last confrontation I saw between Bucky and Logan though gave Bucky prep time to deal with Logan.  I remember a handcuffed Logan biting the piss out of Bucky and that made me lol a bit.  It was mentioned that you dont think that his claw could cut through his arm.  It was stated in Wolverine origins that the Muramasa blade cuts on a molecular level.  That was stated by Shield scientists after they find a Shiva robot cut in half.  If that's true the claw could punch a whole through caps shield.  "
Nahhhh, that shit is not going to cut through Caps shield.

Cutting at a molecular level doesn't mean you can cut molecules that can't be cut. Those bones can still break, Daken was told not to use those blades on hard objects or he will lose the muramsa blades. Therefore I don't think they can cut Cap's shield or Bucky's bionic arm unless it's writers PIS.
#21 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken, a better skilled fighter, wins

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@rbysjti said:
" Daken, a better skilled fighter, wins "
No,he's not.
#23 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Godslayer FTW

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke said:
" Godslayer FTW "
I don't see Sentry,Demogorge or Gamora in the OP...
#25 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Daken wins.
#26 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
Daken is Killer of Killers

Bringer of Ragnarok
Slayer of Gods
#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke said:
" @Vance Astro:

Bringer of Ragnarok
Slayer of Gods "
You're just looking for attention.
#28 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken gives bucky a tongue kiss....

#29 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @D3athstroke said:
" @Vance Astro:

Bringer of Ragnarok
Slayer of Gods "
You're just looking for attention. "
He's actually right.

#30 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Read Dark Wolverine 84
#31 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

So Daken is Fenris? cool beans

#32 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke said:
" @Vance Astro: Read Dark Wolverine 84 "
I didn't see any slaying of gods or bringing of Ragnarok...I saw Daken kissing men.
#34 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: XDDD
#35 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @D3athstroke said:
I didn't see any slaying of gods or bringing of Ragnarok...I saw Daken kissing men. "
He was supposedly chosen by the fates to trigger it. It's a theory at this point.

As for killing gods, he did. In the scans he is killing Asgardians. Asgardians are gods. Hence why Daken himself is a self-proclaimed "Godslayer". It doesn't mean much. It's just a cool way of describing himself. It doesn't add anything to his power.
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @D3athstroke said:
I didn't see any slaying of gods or bringing of Ragnarok...I saw Daken kissing men. "
He was supposedly chosen by the fates to trigger it. It's a theory at this point.

As for killing gods, he did. In the scans he is killing Asgardians. Asgardians are gods. Hence why Daken himself is a self-proclaimed "Godslayer". It doesn't mean much. It's just a cool way of describing himself. It doesn't add anything to his power.
"
All Asgardians count as gods? Ridiculous
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" All Asgardians count as gods? Ridiculous "
They all do, yes.
#38 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: it's like the olympians
#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
They all do, yes. "
Ok.Fair enough...
#40 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a huge f'ing hyperbole though seeing as what thor ended up doing with him LOL

#41 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Vance Astro said:
They all do, yes. "
Ok.Fair enough... "
As I said, the "title" itself means little. Perhaps equally little to the title of "God" that so many people bring up as an argument as to why a character wins in several other threads.
#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" @Vance Astro: it's like the olympians "
Why are they all so weak? They have like one or two ridiculously powerful guys and then everyone else is fodder.
#43 Posted by D3athstroke (3909 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" It's a huge f'ing hyperbole though seeing as what thor ended up doing with him LOL "

:)))))
#44 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" It's a huge f'ing hyperbole though seeing as what thor ended up doing with him LOL "
To his credit, he was up and running not long afterwards.
#45 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: weak is relative, their all class 30-35. THere are the higher god's like thor and loki etc who are exceptions.
#46 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @Voidheart said:

" @Vance Astro: it's like the olympians "
Why are they all so weak? They have like one or two ridiculously powerful guys and then everyone else is fodder. "
The base level Asgardian is rated at 30 tons strength, with enhanced physical attributes. The more accurate question should be, "Why are they portrayed as being so weak, when they shouldn't, and aren't?"
#48 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

K

#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio