WHO WINS?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bigcimmerian

Ares slices him in half without much effort.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Ares doesn't need the prep. 

Wolverine wins a slight majority IMO due to the metal. Daken, without it, either gets squished (as when the Thing one shotted him) or yes, cut in half. 

Can't see Daken winning this one.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII said:
as when the Thing one shotted him
You forgot to say that he allowed the Thing to do that.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Morpheus_ said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Yes. That's true. He manipulated the Thing into going all rage then 'splat'. My point was that he does indeed go 'splat' when hit by folks of the Thing's, and Ares', strength levels.  

I realize hitting Daken will be far from easy. But can Daken's claws even pierce Ares' hide? He is peak human, Wolverine is a 1 to 2 tonner. There are differences here that would have me believe Daken will be ducking and avoiding yet doing little else. 

Ares, though he lacks feats, should prove a better hand to hander than the Thing as well ... I say it's a question of time before Daken does indeed go 'splat'.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IZZR
@Morpheus_ said:
@Super_SoldierXII said:
Ares is faster than the Thing
Hoboseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hoboseid

Ares chucks Daken into space

Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Hoboseid said:

Ares chucks Daken into space

Ares is not quite strong enough for such a feat.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII said:
@Morpheus_ said:

@Super_SoldierXII said:

Yes. That's true. He manipulated the Thing into going all rage then 'splat'. My point was that he does indeed go 'splat' when hit by folks of the Thing's, and Ares', strength levels.   I realize hitting Daken will be far from easy. But can Daken's claws even pierce Ares' hide? He is peak human, Wolverine is a 1 to 2 tonner. There are differences here that would have me believe Daken will be ducking and avoiding yet doing little else.  Ares, though he lacks feats, should prove a better hand to hander than the Thing as well ... I say it's a question of time before Daken does indeed go 'splat'.
He didn't go splat when Skaar cheap-shotted him during Incredible Hulk (and Skaar is arguably stronger than both Ares, and the Thing), and he has been in other situations (one of which involved napalm) where he not only survived, but flat out retained consciousness and was at fighting form afterwards. Even against the Thing, he flat out goaded Ben by using his pheromones into unleashing on him, and he wasn't unconscious, or going splat afterwards (injured, sure, but how much of his weakness was real and how much of it was an act to elicit sympathy from the other F4 is arguable). My point is that he evidently had enhanced durability, in spite of the lack of an adamantium skeleton.

I'm not making a case of Daken beating Ares, mind you. I don't believe Daken can inflict sufficient (or any) harm to take him down, at least not without his muramasa claws, just nitpicking here and there.

@IZZR said:
@Morpheus_ said:
@Super_SoldierXII said:
Ares is faster than the Thing

Daken allowed the Thing to grab him, so speed had nothing to do with it. And, funnily enough, Ares has already tried to hit Daken several times, and failed. It doesn't really matter, but since you brought up speed, it was worth noting.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Morpheus_
I seem to remember a severely broken Daken after the Thing face planted him into the floor.  If he was laying it on thick, he sure didn't have to work hard to do so.

Point is, he doesn't stand up to blunt force trauma of the kind 70+ tonners can dish out... not for long. He'll heal up, but that's gonna take time. 30 seconds is an eternity if your opponent wants to ensure you stay down.  

As to surviving a napalm explosion (or any kind of explosion really) I would attribute that to comic book physics conveniently deviating from those of real life. Obviously, we all know, that in the absence of an adamantium laced skeleton or superhuman durability, a peak human (as Daken is purported to be) would have parts of his body flying in all different direction were he to be caught in an explosion like that. So I guess we, as readers, need to say 'peak human my arse' and attribute Daken with superhuman durability. I can live with that. 
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII: Daken seemed very hurt, true. But that's an enraged Thing, applying force of 100+ tons while having Daken at a very compromising position (he held his head in the palm of his hand before smashing it on the floor). Even if we assume Daken wasn't feigning unjury (and if he didn't know he could withstand the hit, given that he orchestrated the whole situation), if he didn't have enhanced durability, that should have been sufficient to pulverise his head entirely. Yet he didn't even lose consciousness, despite being hurt.

Never said he could stand up to it for long, but I doubt one hit only would finish him off (which seems like the general idea). 

So I guess we, as readers, need to say 'peak human my arse' and attribute Daken with superhuman durability. I can live with that.  

Pretty much my point. If a character can sustain that kind of damage, his attributes have to be enhanced to a degree.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By progenitorigin

Although Daken has his phermone abilitiy, I don't believe (at least I don't personally) i've recalled seeing it being used on Olympian physiology, Ares should take this.
jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jayskee

Ares literally tears him apart
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@progenitor said:
Although Daken has his phermone abilitiy, I don't believe (at least I don't personally) i've recalled seeing it being used on Olympian physiology, Ares should take this.
He already used it succesfully on Ares himself, during Dark Wolverine: The Prince.
IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IZZR
@jayskee said:
Seriously Daken is a lil girl compared to Ares if he actually wanted to he will tear Daken to shreads
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@Morpheus_

I pretty much agree.  Though how much of this should we simply attribute to writers getting away with the improbable due to comic books and their ilk being fantasy settings, with realism counting far less than dramatic effect.

We'd have to attribute pretty much all the 'peak humans' of both Marvel and DC with superhuman attributes were we to base their abilities solely off feats. Batman is now a 1 to 2 tonner with superhuman endurance. Pretty much the same for Daredevil. 

Punisher, surviving hits from Spiderman, would now be superhumanly enhanced durability-wise as well. Any peak human getting hit by someone as fast and as strong as Spidey would likewise have their heads explode (I know I know, Spiderman holds back but you get my point). 

But ya, like I said, I can live with Daken being superhumanly durable. Perhaps his healing factor works to keep him intact while 'stiching' him back together again. It makes sense. 

Still, Ares is a terrible fight for Daken. The OP should have given Daken the Muramasa claws.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Super_SoldierXII: With characters such as Daken, whose mutant powers can feasibly grant him enhanced stats (much like they did with his father, his father's clone, Creed, or Wade, and all of those characters have outlandish durability/HF feats, with, and without an adamantium skeleton; and most of them never had such a skeleton, anyway), I can somewhat rationalise. But I agree that most street level characters perform far beyond the realm of logic in multiple areas.

I'd honestly go as far as calling this fight spite. It even gives a week of preparation to Ares, while the opposite would have been the logical option.
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@IZZR said:

@jayskee said:

Seriously Daken is a lil girl compared to Ares if he actually wanted to he will tear Daken to shreads

I honestly think it would be a little harder than that. Daken is no push over. If Daken had a means to hurt Ares, this would be a bonafide scrap. Daken had the means to hurt Scaar, and hurt him he did. He won against Scaar, he can do so against Ares (with the proper means). 

And keep in mind, he's not easy to hit. You may say the Thing is slower than Ares, and you may (or may not) be right. But even Deadpool couldn't lay a hand on Daken and I do not think DP to be slower than Ares reflex-wise.  
Daken's a class A fighter. If his claws were adamantium like his pappy's, I could see this fight as getting more interesting.
jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jayskee
@Super_SoldierXII
The only reason daken was able to hurt Skaar is because of his special claws. he doesn't have them anymore. and Ares beat skaar
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Super_SoldierXII
@jayskee said:

@Super_SoldierXII: The only reason daken was able to hurt Skaar is because of his special claws. he doesn't have them anymore. and Ares beat skaar

Obviously, Ares wins. I'm saying exactly what you're saying though ... that Daken needs a means to hurt Ares for this fight to even be feasible. That's why I suggested adamantium laced claws with the muramasa blade to retard Ares HF. Without these means, I would say this fight is spite. And doubly so as the OP actually gives Ares prep.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@jayskee said:
@Super_SoldierXII: The only reason daken was able to hurt Skaar is because of his special claws. he doesn't have them anymore. and Ares beat skaar
He pierced Skaar's skin with his bone claws.

The reason he won is that the muramasa claws nullified Skaar's HF so he couldn't heal the damage, not because his regular claws didn't hurt Skaar.
HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By HellionVulcan

Ares after a good fight but a week of prep is way to much slaughter i mean Norman used Ares to plan siege .

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

I wonder if Daken can regenerate after being cut in half down the middle....probably not....