D B T R1: Daken vs Agent 3 (Splatoon) (VOTES ARE OPEN)

• 71 results
Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's Time For a Death Battle!!!

A battle to the Death, what more can be said? (Check here if you want to know more)

In one Corner we have the offspring of Wolverine that smells good, Daken

No Caption Provided

Represented by SolarPowered

VS

In the other Corner we have the squid that squirts, with a gun, Agent 3

No Caption Provided

Represented by The_Legendary_SuperSayian_Hulk

Victory by Death Only (Ko for Daken)

Fight Takes place here

No Caption Provided

Daken Starts where the furthest Blue Shooter is to the left, Agent 3 starts where the furthest Pink Shooter is to the Right.

There are No Shooter. There also is no Ink on the Ground

Fight ends in 1-2 weeks

First person to 4-5 votes wins

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not paint, ink. Very different, especially for splatoon. o;

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This is such a weird match up that I want to get t4v

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

It's ink... Wth

It is fun though now I got it working though. Good game.

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This match has me cracking up compared to the others

1 match is Predator vs Wolverine, must anything else be said?

2 match is a person with a sonic scream vs a giant fire breathing Dragon

3 match is two highly skilled swordsmen facing off, one can copy your moves, the other can predict them.

4 (This one) is the son of Wolverine vs a squid, with a gun

Which match stands out

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered:

I'll go first~

First off, basic info:

Agent 3;

No Caption Provided

Agent 3 is what is known as an "inkling", a squid-like being with the ability to morph into a more human form. After a UFO crashes near Inkopolis, Capt. Cuttlefish recruits her to join in a fight against invading Octarians and the Great Octoweapons. But we're not here for the story, so lets move on to weaponry.

As an inkling Agent 3 uses various ink-based weaponry(Such as guns, bombs, heat-seeking cruisers, and many others). Now I know what most are thinking already, it's ink, what could that possibly do in a fight? Wrong, just because she fires ink doesn't mean it's any less dangerous than guns that shoot things such as bullets.

For example;

The force at which these guns are shooting ink out alone are quite potent, enough to break through wood and metal with relative ease;

Loading Video...

As also seen in the video, it has enough power to stall and redirect a giant metal fist propelled at the player.

In addition to the force of which it's being fired, the ink itself would also seem to have a toxic effect to anything that isn't a producer of the same ink. This goes from being hit by it to even standing in it, which causes movements to become slower and inflicts bodily harm.

There are a multitude of weapons that I will go into during the fight, but for now, I'm just going into my current plan.

Seeing as these are the starting distances, and there is currently no ink on the platform;

*Starting spots pointed out*

No Caption Provided

I'm going to go around the map and make sure it's good and inked up. Having home-field knowledge of the map, Agent 3 will easily be able to navigate her away around the rig and stay away from Daken until the field is to her liking. Once that's good, I'll begin my assault on Daken.

Also, if anyone reading this could link me to a good gif maker, that'd be great. lol

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolarPowered

Alright, well, since he's not responding, I guess I'll go first. Edit: I was making mine as he was making his, so just consider this a counter argument.

Introducing my fighter, we have none other than...

Daken
Daken

Daken is Wolverine's long lost son, torn from his mother's womb by the dark figure Romulus. Raised with a warped view on his father's "abandonment" and his mother's murder, Daken was left holding a grudge.

Now, without further adieu, I shall provide a rundown of his abilities. (I reiterate, this is a rundown of his abilities, not reasons for him winning the fight. I'll provide his reasons for winning and advantages/disadvantages against your character after you provide your counter argument. @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk)

Claws:

No Caption Provided

I'm not even going to provide any scans for this particular section as of now, because I believe we can both agree that Daken's claws are more than capable of eviscerating Agent 3. If you'd like true evidence, however, I'd be more than happy to provide it.

Speed/Agility:

Daken's powers are almost identical to his father's, but unlike Wolverine, he does not have an Adamantium laced skeleton. This is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

A disadvantage for obvious reasons, but an advantage because it means he's much faster and more agile than his father.

No Caption Provided

In fact, here we see him casually toying with the Thing whilst avoiding him. He even smiles whilst doing so.

Durability/Healing Factor:

His healing factor is another deciding factor of this fight, definitely on par, if not surpassing his father's.

Here we see the Punisher discharging a laser into Daken's gut, temporarily incapacitating him to prove himself an opportunity to escape; however, Daken heals only moments later.

So, as you can see, Daken has quite a few skills on his side.

• Claws ferrous enough to slice through mostly anything.
  • Agility to contend with Marvel's high tier street levelers.
  • A healing factor on par with his father.
  • The ferocity and relentlessness to defeat his opponent by any means.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered: Of course, why are you asking when it hasn't even been a day lel

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered: I am currently working on my post, just to make sure I'm not bumped lel. Just for future record though, I'm not even home from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM due to work.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Oh it's fine bro, I won't bump you any more. I was just making sure you were still in this. Sorry if I was seeming impatient; this is my first 1 on 1 debate, so I was just trying to make sure everything was alright.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

meh!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered:

Alright then, let the game begin!~

First off, allow me to address why you have no advantages here.

Number 1, your speed and agility. While Daken may be quite agile, he probably won't be used to having to fight in something like ink, especially an inkling's ink. Not only will the ink slow him down, but he'll mostly likely find himself having trouble keeping his footing as he tries to reach his opponent.

In addition to this, Daken is a H2H fighter, which won't work in his favor for this particular match. While he may be used to grappling and out-maneuvering his opponents in close-combat, it won't do much good if he can't even reach his opponent. For these reasons, Agent 3 will be using guerrilla tactics; hitting from afar and setting up traps.

Such things he will face while "hunting down" Agent 3;

Inkmines;

Inkmine
Inkmine

They're exactly what they sound like, explosive mines that also send out ink when someone approaches them.

Video example;

Ink Mine Double Kill - Splatoon Skillshots Daily

They retain the same color as the ink they send out(E.g. the same ink used by Agent 3), making them blend in to the surrounding and easier to overlook.

Inkstrikes;

Essentially a ink-based mortar strike the releases a pressurized torrent of ink. The can be launched anywhere on the map that Agent 3 designates. And before anyone would like to say it would count lean towards "outside" help, the mortar itself is with Agent 3 to be launched.;

Splatoon - All Special Weapons Showcase (60fps)

Point number 2; Your healing factor. Remember how I said that ink would hurt you as you move through it? That's right, I'm slowing down your healing capabilities by making you force your way through it(As you said yourself, he's relentless) and making it easier for Agent 3 to take you down.

Point 3; your inability to track me.

In squid-form, I'm very close to being unseen by the naked eye. I'll leave Jwittz to explain that though;

*2:16*

Loading Video...

Not only this, but your sense of smell will be countered by constantly being submerged in ink. In a similar way to having a scent concealed by going into water, or other bodies of liquid, you won't be able to follow Agent 3 via smell.

Another reason is because of the squid's "super jump", the ability to make large leaps across the terrain. You can see this at 5:29 in the above video. So, not only will simply finding me be a problem, but even if you do I can jump across the map itself to escape.

Point 4; I have homefield advantage. Daken knows nothing of this map and will have no idea how to work his way around it. Agent 3 on the other hand does. Due to constant Turf Wars Agent 3 will know this place inside out, as well as all the vantage points and quick ways to traverse the rig. At this point, Daken may as well be on a wild goose chase.

In short, it will be nothing short of a miracle for Daken to actually fight his opponent rather than to be a target for various means of assault. I'll hold off for now and wait for your post before continuing.

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

Interesting points, though several of them fall flat.

Number 1, your speed and agility. While Daken may be quite agile, he probably won't be used to having to fight in something like ink, especially an inkling's ink. Not only will the ink slow him down, but he'll mostly likely find himself having trouble keeping his footing as he tries to reach his opponent.

Loading Video...

This ink doesn't seem to inhibit the movement of other Inklings in their human form, so why would it slow Daken down?

In addition to this, Daken is a H2H fighter, which won't work in his favor for this particular match. While he may be used to grappling and out-maneuvering his opponents in close-combat, it won't do much good if he can't even reach his opponent. For these reasons, Agent 3 will be using guerrilla tactics; hitting from afar and setting up traps.

Daken has had little trouble in the past against ranged opponents. In fact, he managed to close the distance between him and the Punisher fairly easily.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They're exactly what they sound like, explosive mines that also send out ink when someone approaches them.

I'm not sure how a mine of Ink would even manage to hurt Daken, which brings me to one of your earlier points. During that boss fight, the ink from the gun never actually shot through the metal. In fact, the metal was completely unscathed, it simply pushed the fist into the Boss' own face.

Moreover, these ink bullets don't even seem to be powerful enough to put dents into the stone walls of the arenas in which they regularly fight in. How am I expected to believe this ink will do any sufficient damage to Daken?

Essentially a ink-based mortar strike the releases a pressurized torrent of ink. The can be launched anywhere on the map that Agent 3 designates. And before anyone would like to say it would count lean towards "outside" help, the mortar itself is with Agent 3 to be launched.;

Apparently it didn't even do anything to the concrete pavement below.

Moreover, it seems to be slow on the way down, giving Daken more than enough time to properly dodge it.

Point number 2; Your healing factor. Remember how I said that ink would hurt you as you move through it? That's right, I'm slowing down your healing capabilities by making you force your way through it(As you said yourself, he's relentless) and making it easier for Agent 3 to take you down.

I would like proof that this ink hurts people as they move through it.

Point 3; your inability to track me.

In squid-form, I'm very close to being unseen by the naked eye. I'll leave Jwittz to explain that though;

Loading Video...

This inability to be tracked didn't seem to prevent ten Inklings from being killed.

Not only this, but your sense of smell will be countered by constantly being submerged in ink. In a similar way to having a scent concealed by going into water, or other bodies of liquid, you won't be able to follow Agent 3 via smell.

This is insubstantial, considering you need to emerge from the Ink in order to attack, and the moment you do, you're open season for Daken.

No Caption Provided

Here Daken dodges several rocks thrown by Skaar, and given Skaar's insurmountable strength, we can only assume that these rocks were accelerating at very high speeds.

Another reason is because of the squid's "super jump", the ability to make large leaps across the terrain. You can see this at 5:29 in the above video. So, not only will simply finding me be a problem, but even if you do I can jump across the map itself to escape.

As I stated earlier, this doesn't seem to stop Inklings from dying every minute during multiplayer.

Point 4; I have homefield advantage. Daken knows nothing of this map and will have no idea how to work his way around it. Agent 3 on the other hand does. Due to constant Turf Wars Agent 3 will know this place inside out, as well as all the vantage points and quick ways to traverse the rig. At this point, Daken may as well be on a wild goose chase.

Now, this is interesting, but still ultimately inconsequential. Agent 3 is not the only fighter here capable of stealth and concealment.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Daken possesses a technique, which is a combination of stealth and skill, that allows him to escape the sight of his opponent. This technique is so potent that Deadpool himself confused it for teleportation, and he was looking directly at him the entire time.

Now, you could argue that this feat in itself does not merit his reaction time, and you could be right, however...

No Caption Provided

This particular feat is both a credit to his reaction time and stealth ability.

Deadpool swipes behind himself immediately after being attacked, yet still doesn't manage to hit Daken. This means that Daken would have had to have moved faster than Deadpool swung (and given the fact that Deadpool is notorious for deflecting and dodging bullets, this feat is substantial to this fight).

So, in conclusion.

• Daken is faster than Agent 3.
  • Daken has what it takes to easily clear the gaps between them.
  • Daken has a stealth technique of his own, so every time Agent 3 attempts to maneuver around the field, Daken will be one step ahead of her. He can even do it at point blank range.
  • Daken needs only a few strikes to eviscerate Agent 3.
  • Agent 3 will have a hard time even landing an attack on Daken.
  • There is no conclusive evidence that the ink will hurt Daken.
  • There is also no evidence that the ink will slow him down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered Oh how I am being underestimated Y. Y

Will post later :p

Arathorn_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V pls

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

interesting.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

tag

nigeltay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

t4v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered: Just letting you know I haven't forgotten, should have a post on monday

nigeltay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nigeltay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered Scratch that, I'll have to post tomorrow. Was exhausted after moving over 10 tons of skids from building to building on monday and various weather conditions today made things hectic. I have what I want to post figured out, just need to gather some gifs and stuff, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered: Sorry this took so long :s

This ink doesn't seem to inhibit the movement of other Inklings in their human form, so why would itSLOW Daken down?

*Face-palm*

Inklings aren't slown down by ink of their respective source. E.g. swimming in their own ink or similar(varied by color to show difference) doesn't harm them. If you go to later in the video, at 9:07, you can see as he runs out of fuel for his roller(lol, he forgot to refill XD) and steps into enemy ink it starts to slow him down and cause damage.

Daken has had little trouble in the past against ranged opponents. In fact, he managed to close the distance between him and the Punisher fairly easily.

Um, was the distance cleared before that panel? If so, can I have a reference point or previous scan? If not, the damage between Daken and the Punisher in those scans are really nothing impressive. At all.

. During that boss fight, the ink from the gun never actually shot through the metal. In fact, the metal was completely unscathed, it simply pushed the fist into the Boss' own face.

I never said it damaged the fist, I even said it stalled it and reversed it to hit his own face. i:

But if you want more metal shattering feats, here's the same gun blasting multiple solid metal teeth of the Death-Maw:

"Maw of the Wild (VS Octomaw)" | Splatoon for Wii U Gameplay: Hero Mode, Part 14 (World 4)

This inability to beTRACKED didn't seem to prevent ten Inklings from being killed.

People running around in Turf War trying to cover more ink isn't a very good source, as most times I play I watch them run right past enemies without even trying to avoid being hit... seriously lol. If you want to use random players for that, I personally rarely die in multiplayer unless I have to carry(do all the work to compensate for lacking member activity/mistakes) my team.

I'd also like to point out that these are matches were the winning team is declared by most ink, not kills like ranked. Death isn't really important enough to players so long as the majority of the turf is drenched in their own ink. This however, unlike those 4v4 fights, is just a 1v1 "death" battle. The only danger to Agent 3 is Daken, and is the sole goal of this match. So it would make more sense that I'm going to make sure to keep a fair distance from you or out of sight.

Moreover, these ink bullets don't even seem to be powerful enough to put dents into the stone walls of the arenas in which they regularly fight in. How am I expected to believe this ink will do any sufficient damage to Daken?

Not much I can say about this, the developers didn't make the maps destructible(like DBZ maps are for instance). Even in boss fights, stuff that should obviously be tearing up the ground don't have any lasting effects despite what's happening.

Examples:

Death-Maw digging through the earth leaving no trace of the path or ruptured areas:

"Maw of the Wild (VS Octomaw)" | Splatoon for Wii U Gameplay: Hero Mode, Part 14 (World 4)

Dj Octavios' fist sinking into floor, where you can clearly see it went past the exterior of the platform:

Splatoon - EPIC Final Boss & Ending (60fps - Spoilers!)

Daken vs Deadpool does speak for his skill and agility. The main point is this isn't a close quarters h2h fight, we already start on opposite sides of the map(Pointed it out with arrows in my first post if you want to check). Not only this, but I can use the aforementioned "Super Jump" to move to any spot on the map at any distance should you even start to gain in on me. This combo'd with the ink, booby traps, and other abilities(I've mentioned some already, but there is still a considerable amount left), Daken will eventually go down.

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Face-palm*

Inklings aren't slown down by ink of their respective source. E.g. swimming in their own ink or similar(varied by color to show difference) doesn't harm them. If you go to later in the video, at 9:07, you can see as he runs out of fuel for his roller(lol, he forgot to refill XD) and steps into enemy ink it starts to slow him down and cause damage.

Interesting. I'll give you that one; however, there are very numerous obstacles and objects for Daken to simply take cover behind, which the inkling's bullets don't seem to be able to penetrate, and as far as I know, the ink strike isn't able to be spammed, so if you were to lure Daken out with a single ink mortar, he could simply take cover behind another obstacle, and use his stealth to escape your sight.

After all, your character is going to need to paint the battlefield in order to harm and/or slow Daken down, so once you come within his vicinity, he'll be able to get his hands on you.

Um, was the distance cleared before that panel? If so, can I have a reference point or previous scan? If not, the damage between Daken and the Punisher in those scans are really nothing impressive. At all.

I don't believe there is a previous scan for reference of their distance between each other, however, given the position of the Punisher's legs in relation to the chimney, and the fact that Daken was on the ledge of the building, it's safe to assume they were at least a few meters apart. Not only this, but Daken was able to come within striking distance of Punisher without being shot once.

And considering metal ammunition seems to be much, much faster than ink bullets, I have a hard time seeing Agent 3 landing a shot on Daken.

I never said it damaged the fist, I even said it stalled it and reversed it to hit his own face. i:

But if you want more metal shattering feats, here's the same gun blasting multiple solid metal teeth of the Death-Maw:

Interesting feat, but I still don't see the ink bullets able to do enough damage to put Daken down. After all, he not only survived an explosion of much greater magnitude than Agent 3's ink mortar, but remained conscious afterward.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

People running around in Turf War trying to cover more ink isn't a very good source, as most times I play I watch them run right past enemies without even trying to avoid being hit... seriously lol. If you want to use random players for that, I personally rarely die in multiplayer unless I have to carry(do all the work to compensate for lacking member activity/mistakes) my team.

I'd also like to point out that these are matches were the winning team is declared by most ink, not kills like ranked. Death isn't really important enough to players so long as the majority of the turf is drenched in their own ink. This however, unlike those 4v4 fights, is just a 1v1 "death" battle. The only danger to Agent 3 is Daken, and is the sole goal of this match. So it would make more sense that I'm going to make sure to keep a fair distance from you or out of sight.

Still, you mention relying on your squid form as a means of escape, however, you're going to need to paint most of the field in order for that to happen, which is why I thought turf war was applicable here.

So, in conclusion.

• If you're going to attempt to rely on squid form to escape Daken, you're going to need to paint a majority of the battlefield.
  • Daken can use the various obstacles on the field to avoid Agent 3's line of sight, employing his incredible stealth to maneuver around the battlefield.
  • Once Agent 3 gets close to Daken whilst painting, he can surprise her with a stealth attack and use his "teleport" ability before she is able to make a quick escape.
  • Other than her ink mines, Agent 3 has no abilities to suggest she could even touch Daken.
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarpowered: Gotta remember to tag me, I didn't even know you replied

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T4V

SolarPowered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullet_to_the_head: Yah, you can go to voting if you want. Don't think I'm gonna have enough post up by today.

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I am going with the Inkling here. TLSSH did awesome job explaining how the Inkling will slow Dakens advances, causing constant damage, and how easy for his character to play keep away, as well damage with that pretty cartooney impressive gun. The argument is if Daken can get in close, and with the inked map slowing him, and range the Inkling has convinces me Daken will be whittle down.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Thanks for voting!~

Btw, did you participate in the splatfest a few days ago?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Team dogs got popular vote, they had more people. Team cat won the battles.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arathorn_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Daken here. I don't think the Inkling has any good means of bringing Daken down, even to a KO. Daken has good enough endurance and stealth to tank whatever Agent 3 has in store... if he hits. And I don't think slowing down in ink or doing minor damage against someone with a healing factor is going to be much of a deal in this fight. It would very interesting to see though, and I think Agent 3 has a chance of winning, but I'm giving the majority to Daken :)