• 69 results
#1 Posted by lordraiden (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyttorak existed as a deity (or demon) who received worship on Earth until under unknown circumstances he was banished from the Earth. He took up residence in a dimension known as the Crimson Cosmos, where time did not pass. Cyttorak has also been refer as an Elder God.

Powers and abilities

Cytorrak exists as a deity with enormous magical power. He has provided power to the titanic Juggernaut through an enchanted ruby, as well as provide indestructible bands (the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak) to Doctor Strange to use as a shield or to restrain enemies. In regards to the ruby, it has withstood being thrown into orbit by the Juggernaut, as well as re-entry when it was bumped out of orbit by Nova.

Stevie, a spoiled little boy from the Midwest, managed to use the Cyttorak Ruby to spectacular effects unimagined by Cain Marko, starting with using it to blast Marko. He used it to monitor events far away with his computer (presumably he utilized the ruby to enable him to access the feed of security cameras) as well as using the ruby to relay a message to the East Coast using a non-operational computer on the West Coast. Furthermore, he could alter mirrors so that the original Human Torch's flame was reflected and enhanced back against him. Even stranger, Stevie could animate inanimate objects, which could also turn intangible. These objects included wax statues, some which resembled monsters, others that resembled Spider-Man, Doctor Doom, Cable, etc. However, the animated statues tended only to have diluted copies of the original’s abilities, and tended to move slowly.

As well, Cyttorak has demonstrated the ability to create life (Dr. Strange (vol.3) #44), when he created an entire race of elves out of magical energy simply so he could have somebody to worship and adore him.

vs

According to Norse myth and comic continuity, Odin is the son of Bor (father, one of the first Asgardians) and Bestla (mother, a frost giantess). Bor and Bestla also have two other sons, Vili and Ve. With the aid of his brothers, a young Odin battles and defeats the fire demon Surtur. Odin becomes ruler of Asgard, and eventually falls in love with Gaea, in time becoming the father of the Thunder God Thor. Odin is also the adoptive father of Loki, a child of Giant blood whose father Laufey is killed by Odin in battle. Despite Odin's best intentions, his sons become bitter enemies, with the feuding often requiring Odin's mediation

Powers and abilities

Odin possesses all the conventional attributes of an Asgardian god, such as immunity to all known diseases and greatly extended lifespan, including superhuman strength that, despite his advanced age, is much greater than that of most other Asgardians, as well superhuman stamina that allows him to physically exert himself for much longer periods of time than a human being. Odin's body is also highly resistant to physical injury. He is capable of withstanding great forces and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. If injured, Odin is able to recover with superhuman levels of speed and efficiency.

Odin is capable of manipulating magical energy - referred to as the Odin Power - for a number of purposes, such as vastly increasing his size to over a 1000 feet, endowing people or objects with powers, transporting the entire human race to an alternate dimension; compressing the population of an entire planet into a single being, the Mangog; taking a soul away from the arch-demon Mephisto; and, by greatly increasing his size and power, even destroying entire galaxies. Odin is not, however, all-powerful. Once a year, he needs to undertake the Odinsleep - a state of deep sleep lasting for a day in which the OdinPower is recharged. During this time Odin is guarded closely as he is vulnerable.

Odin is a master tactician and schemer. In addition to feats such as preventing Ragnarok, it has been revealed that Odin was planning for the arrival of the Celestial Fourth Host for centuries.

#2 Posted by lordraiden (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin for me!

#3 Posted by lordraiden (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

Indestructable Tanks says:

"in yourb dreams lol"

Give me something plausible for cytorrak's win, and i'll reconsider! until then, i guess i'll just dream on!!!!!!!!

#4 Posted by Knowsbleed33 (628 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been suggested that Cyttorak was banished to the Crimson Cosmos because he attempted to destroy all of creation. It has also been suggested that all the mystics (including the other 7 deities of power and the Vishanti) fear Cyttorak above anyone else. Problem is there's no proof of this and in fact no real evidence of what Cyttorak is capable of. In Dr. Strange: Sorcerer Supreme #49 the other deities were afraid to face Cyttorak and he was even trying to fight more than 1 at a time. That's also the issue where Strange attempted to call upon the Vishanti to help him face Cyttorak but they were wary of using their power against anything of Cyttoraks.

I'll stay neutral for now.

#5 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"and, by greatly increasing his size and power, even destroying entire galaxies. Odin is not, however, all-powerful."

This is taken from Wikpedia so I don't really put much faith in this statement for Odins abilities.

He is not as powerful as a Celestial or Galactus and neither of these 2 can destroy entire galaxies.

#6 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna go with Odin. Side-note, that's a sweet pic.

#7 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't Odin and Set destroy galaxies while they fought. It's been a while since I read that comic/fight but I thought they did some major damage on a galatic scale.

#8 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Emerald_General_Jai says:

"I'm gonna go with Odin. Side-note, that's a sweet pic."

If your refring to mine thank you.

If not then uh...I didn't say anything.

lol

#9 Posted by lordraiden (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

Andferne says:

"Didn't Odin and Set destroy galaxies while they fought. It's been a while since I read that comic/fight but I thought they did some major damage on a galatic scale."

yeah! but, apparantly, some don't want to consider it as canon!

#10 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin wins

(in memory of LBV)

#11 Posted by lordraiden (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

Indestructable Tanks says:

"heres a easy way to put it lol. jugs beat thor, cytorrak beats odin"

WTF???? what sought of logic is that???

#12 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin would win. Loki made refernece to Cytorrak in a Thor issues after he did battle with the Dark Gods. Odin have defeated elder gods before. There is nothing in Cytorrak bio or examples of his power that suggest that he is more powerful than Odin.

#13 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

i vote for odin

#14 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"lordraiden says:
"and, by greatly increasing his size and power, even destroying entire galaxies. Odin is not, however, all-powerful."
This is taken from Wikpedia so I don't really put much faith in this statement for Odins abilities. He is not as powerful as a Celestial or Galactus and neither of these 2 can destroy entire galaxies. "

Cytorrak could if he really wanted to and odin has destroyed one entire galaxy the other time he banished one we all saw what happened then.

#15 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Also some of you guys should do some more reading lol Cyrorrak is more powerful then galactus in the ranking look at the marvel rankings for the site you shall see also odin has never ever fought and elder god seth doesn't count Thor has fought the elder gods and lets just say he couldn't do it alone and needed help from his older step brother but back to the point odin can't beat him this is a one sided battle.

#16 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Also some of you guys should do some more reading lol Cyrorrak is more powerful then galactus in the ranking look at the marvel rankings for the site you shall see also odin has never ever fought and elder god seth doesn't count Thor has fought the elder gods and lets just say he couldn't do it alone and needed help from his older step brother but back to the point odin can't beat him this is a one sided battle."

Juggernaut beat him. So much for power when your on herald can best you.

#17 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"zee crusher says:
"Also some of you guys should do some more reading lol Cyrorrak is more powerful then galactus in the ranking look at the marvel rankings for the site you shall see also odin has never ever fought and elder god seth doesn't count Thor has fought the elder gods and lets just say he couldn't do it alone and needed help from his older step brother but back to the point odin can't beat him this is a one sided battle."
Juggernaut beat him. So much for power when your on herald can best you. "

Ofcourse their gonna make him lose you make no sense if they kept cytorrak out marvel universe would be gone obviously why do you think they got rid of mangog and surtur and zom. You make no sense state some real please that doesn't have to do with some having to lose then the point of that post is useless.

#18 Posted by lordraiden (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"zee crusher says:

very well put! and you seriously live in neverland if you think this is a one sided battle either way! marvel stats don't amount to squat in these battles!

#19 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Alpha says:
"zee crusher says:
Ofcourse their gonna make him lose you make no sense if they kept cytorrak out marvel universe would be gone obviously why do you think they got rid of mangog and surtur and zom. You make no sense state some real please that doesn't have to do with some having to lose then the point of that post is useless."

I can't understand a word of it.

What r u saying?

#20 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"

zee crusher says:

Juggernaut beat him. So much for power when your on herald can best you.

"
lol, what?
#21 Posted by Daffy Duck (438 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyttorak is more powerful than Odin, but since he was banned from our space/time they he can only rule his world in the Crimson Cosmos. If he ever comes out, he would not be nearly as strong as he once did before he became bannished to his Crimson Cosmos. If I were to compare Cyttorak to anything, if outside the the Crison Cosmos, I would compare him to Shuma Gorath! It it's inside the Crimson Cosmos, I would compare him to the Living Tribunal or even TOAA.

#22 Posted by King Saturn (224692 posts) - - Show Bio
I think Odin can beat Cytorrak
#23 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I think Odin can beat Cytorrak "
why's that
#24 Posted by King Saturn (224692 posts) - - Show Bio
the human Juggernaut said:
"King Saturn said:
why's that"
Well Odin has dealt with insanely powerful Magic Users before ( Surtur or Set for example ) I think he can handle Cytorrak as well
#25 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"King Saturn said:
why's that"
Well Odin has dealt with insanely powerful Magic Users before ( Surtur or Set for example ) I think he can handle Cytorrak as well"
cytorrak will just annoy odin to death by constantly applying the crimson bands to his face.
#26 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know enough about either one of them.

#27 Edited by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"

lordraiden says:

This is taken from Wikpedia so I don't really put much faith in this statement for Odins abilities.

He is not as powerful as a Celestial or Galactus and neither of these 2 can destroy entire galaxies.

"
Odin Destroyed galaxies on accident in the fight with Seth and also on another occasion he is that powerful, although the Celestrials and Galactus are even more powerful.

Daffy Duck said:
"Cyttorak is more powerful than Odin, but since he was banned from our space/time they he can only rule his world in the Crimson Cosmos. If he ever comes out, he would not be nearly as strong as he once did before he became bannished to his Crimson Cosmos. If I were to compare Cyttorak to anything, if outside the the Crison Cosmos, I would compare him to Shuma Gorath! It it's inside the Crimson Cosmos, I would compare him to the Living Tribunal or even TOAA."
Other than those last few words^^^^This is the truth Cyttorak should be more powerful than Odin probably even more powerful than Galactus as well. He should be compareable to Shuma Gorath and Zom but although this has been suggested many times he has no feats to prove it. Id still say Cytorak FTW if he is anywhere near as powerful as hes supposed to be he would beat Odin, 
#28 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"the creator said:
"

lordraiden says:

"
Odin Destroyed galaxies on accident in the fight with Seth and also on another occasion he is that powerful, although the Celestrials and Galactus are even more powerful.Daffy Duck said:
"Cyttorak is more powerful than Odin, but since he was banned from our space/time they he can only rule his world in the Crimson Cosmos. If he ever comes out, he would not be nearly as strong as he once did before he became bannished to his Crimson Cosmos. If I were to compare Cyttorak to anything, if outside the the Crison Cosmos, I would compare him to Shuma Gorath! It it's inside the Crimson Cosmos, I would compare him to the Living Tribunal or even TOAA."
^^^^This is the truth Cyttorak should be more powerful than Odin probably even more powerful than Galactus as well. He should be compareable to Shuma Gorath and Zom but although this has been suggested many times he has no feats to prove it. Id still say Cytorak FTW if he is anywhere near as powerful as hes supposed to be he would beat Odin, 
"
hard to have "feats" if you see the guy once every 20 years.
#29 Posted by King Saturn (224692 posts) - - Show Bio
"King Saturn said:
"the human Juggernaut said:
"King Saturn said:
why's that"
Well Odin has dealt with insanely powerful Magic Users before ( Surtur or Set for example ) I think he can handle Cytorrak as well"
cytorrak will just annoy odin to death by constantly applying the crimson bands to his face."
I dont know man... Odin is a Magical Beast... I dont think it will be that easy
#30 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
"SeSAW said:
"the creator said:
"

lordraiden says:

"
Odin Destroyed galaxies on accident in the fight with Seth and also on another occasion he is that powerful, although the Celestrials and Galactus are even more powerful.Daffy Duck said:
^^^^This is the truth Cyttorak should be more powerful than Odin probably even more powerful than Galactus as well. He should be compareable to Shuma Gorath and Zom but although this has been suggested many times he has no feats to prove it. Id still say Cytorak FTW if he is anywhere near as powerful as hes supposed to be he would beat Odin, 
"
hard to have "feats" if you see the guy once every 20 years."
HJ I knew somehow this thread would bring you out
#31 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

It took a whole circle of odin level gods just to banish cyttorack. and all of them fear cytorak and dare not challenge him alone. elder gods just like odin.

#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91349 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"

It took a whole circle of odin level gods just to banish cyttorack. and all of them fear cytorak and dare not challenge him alone. elder gods just like odin.

"
LEAVE COMICVINE.
#33 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Lance Bastro said:
"

"
STAY ON COMICVINE
#34 Posted by Odhinns_Marine (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Odhinn has taken down Ymir the eldest of the Jotuns... he has made 7 worlds and traveled acrossed all 9... he is a god of kings and of war. the Berserkers of legend bow before him. he is a god of frenzy and he commands the warriors of Valhalla...

#35 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin should win this

#36 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyttorak for the win.

#37 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
" Cyttorak for the win. "
What kind of feats are we talking about?
#38 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23244 posts) - - Show Bio
@BIackFlash said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" Cyttorak for the win. "
What kind of feats are we talking about? "
None. Most of Cyttoraks power is implied. But when seven other extremely powerful magical deities don't want to have anything to do with you, when the Vishanti (who might I remind people, it only took one to stalemate Galactus in their realm) don't want to mess with you.... it implies a helluva lot of power.

Oh, and for those people that brought up Juggernaut taking him down.... Didn't he mollywhop juggernaut when he tried that with Dr. Strange?
#39 Edited by Ownerz (1122 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"

"
Galactus can destroy Galaxies and so can Odin, at full power Galactus has showed powers far beyond skyfathers and destroyed an entire Universe
#40 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
"

Didn't Odin and Set destroy galaxies while they fought. It's been a while since I read that comic/fight but I thought they did some major damage on a galatic scale.

"
any scan of this?
#41 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

*Undecided*.
#42 Posted by spiderpigbart (2651 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ziro said:
"*Undecided*. "

Why?
#43 Posted by Zaterra (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

Cytorrak
#44 Posted by Princess Noa (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyttorak would destroy Odin every which way.

#45 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@the creator said:
"

lordraiden says:

"
Galactus has destroyed galaxies before in his battle with tyrant, stick to DC fanboying, pup.
#46 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ownerz said:
" @the creator said:
"

"
Galactus can destroy Galaxies and so can Odin, at full power Galactus has showed powers far beyond skyfathers and destroyed an entire Universe "
QFT.  A weakened Galactus in annihilation destroyed three star systems also. 
#47 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
"

"
wait a minute, no body knows that.  he was banished under "unknown circumstances".  when the vishianti and elder gods didn't want anything to do with cyttorak. and when cosmics like galactus, thanos, along with entities like eternity and his circle of entities were trying to avoid earth during that time. nothing wanted to be anywhere near cyttorak and he just dissapeared. whether if higher abstracts like LT or TOAA did it or if cyttorak got bored and created his own universe parallel to marvel is unclear. all we know is that at the time, he was feared and all of a suddened (under unknown circumstances) was not from this actuality.

and since shuma resideded on earth too.. who knows... maybe it was shuma who banished cyttorak. *shrugs*
#48 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

cyttorak can leave his realm whenever he wants
#49 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar:

#50 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut: 

I was hoping you were going to join this discussion : )