Cyclops/Gambit vs Captain America/Moon Knight

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

A large shopping store. Entire location is on limits, unpopulated.

No Caption Provided

Rules:

-Begin at opposite ends of the main hallway.

-Rogers has his shield, and Moon Knight has his Vengeance era gear (Carbonadium armor and weapons).

-Moon Knight has his regular mindset.

-Gambit has 1 deck and his bo-staff. No death powers.

-In character, therefore Cyclops will not remove his visor.

-Standard elimination rules apply.

VS
VS
No Caption Provided
HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

Cyclops/Gambit

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Why do you believe they win?

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Afro_Warrior

Before i answer, is everything in the store destructible?

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Gambit have the place advantage, besides his deck he can blow the whole place up, course he wouldn´t do that (in character) but he can use other objects.. That ad to Cyclops energy blasts, you have long range attack advantage.

In matter of strategy combat, Cyclop and Captain America are even.

About synergy, Cyclop and Gambit got this, far more experience then Caps and MK..

so the mutants win here IMO, in a hard fight.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@Afro_Warrior: Yes, but they cannot leave. Keep in mind, this picture is just a small section of the large store.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

"About synergy, Cyclop and Gambit got this, far more experience then Caps and MK.."

I mean as a duo, working togheter..

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Also, i think Gambit is more skilled than both Caps/MK (dodging, jumping, avoiding, etc..)

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By texasdeathmatch

I'm leaning towards team 1.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RisingBean

While I think Cap and MK will take a few, I also am thinking team Cyke and Gambit take the majority.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@HigorM: Gambit is definitely more agile, but not more skilled.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Team 2. Captain America's shield can ricochet in a manner that will catch/ko Cyclops after he tries to shoot his beam which Cap will block. Just when you think you dodged his shield throw, it WILL catch you off guard as it ricochets another time to get you. Despite Cyclops tactician skills, he can't predict where and how and when the shield stops. Cyclops is out of the game. Gambit's the only one I see that's trouble within this setting. Also I have NO knowledge on anything about Moon Knight.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HigorM  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: that´s what i meant, sorry.

Cyclops also have Spatial Awareness, and he doesn´t really need to aim Caps, he can ricochet the blasts just like Caps can do with the shield, another draw here IMO.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@PunkMastaFlex: It's funny, but Moon Knight can be summarized as a notch under Daredevil in every respect. He's a good fighter, but not as good as Daredevil. He's agile, but not as agile as Daredevil. Has good reflexes, but nothing as impressive as Daredevil. So on and so on. Moon Knight's sole advantage is his carbonadium armor and assortment of weapons (truncheons, crescent daggers, bo-staff, grappling lines, etc)

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@k4tzm4n: Ok then thanks.

With that said, Cap's shield is durable enough to withstand Cyke's blasts and if he gets in close. He's eventually going to overwhelm him. While MK is a better close combatant then Gambit.

Yet on the other hand Cyclops is a canny fighter so against Cap i'd expect him to use the environment to his advantage, collapsing isles on him etc. So i can see Scott just wearing him down until he arrives at a point where he can take him out up close. The Gambit/Moon Knight fight i could see going either way as well. Moon Knight is the superior close combatant, but Gambit is incredibly agile and has his mutant power.

Garrgh, why did you have to create a fight that requires me to think!

Ok, im giving it to Cyke and Gambit.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@k4tzm4n said:

@PunkMastaFlex: It's funny, but Moon Knight can be summarized as a notch under Daredevil in every respect. He's a good fighter, but not as good as Daredevil. He's agile, but not as agile as Daredevil. Has good reflexes, but nothing as impressive as Daredevil. So on and so on. Moon Knight's sole advantage is his carbonadium armor and assortment of weapons (truncheons, crescent daggers, bo-staff, grappling lines, etc)

So basically it's a watered down Batman? I'd say team 2 can win. I'll think about this a little.

PaperRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PaperRonin

I see Team 1 taking it.

SPM1M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SPM1M

this is a close battle but cap is the key player hell pull through for team one slightly

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Edgeworth_11

Team 1. Too much fire power.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By nefarious

Team 1 has the environmental advantage. They should win.

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Moonknight is the weak link here. That said, I believe one on one Cap would beat both Cyclops and Gambit. Can he beat them before Moonknight drops? Doubt it. Cyclops is too clinical with those blasts, Gambit too agile and dangerous with his.

Slight majority to team one for the moment. But very circumstantial victory IMO. Meaning if MK does hold off his opponent long enough, team one goes down.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'l have to give it to team 1, I think this type of environment makes Gambit pretty dangerous, plenty of stuff to use and enclosed in hallways should make card dodging difficult if Cap and MK aren't careful.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@texasdeathmatch: And you're not the only one, I can assure you...

duchess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By duchess

Team 1, for all the reasons already stated.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I'm honestly quite shocked team 2 isn't getting more support. Does team 1 have more power? Most certainly, but they're in character. This massive store with numerous aisles, hallways, etc won't be demolished anytime soon. And then while Moon Knight is certainly the weak link, he's not dropping easily thanks to the cover and carbonadium armor. And while he's the weak link, it can be well disputed that his partner, Captain America, is the strong link and holds the potential to defeat whoever he faces. Just sayin'.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cattlebattle

I honestly think Cap and MK have this.....especially with Moon Knight running a distraction. I mean Cap definitely has the ability to dodge anything Cyke throws at him and once he gets close, Cyke is no match for him in h2h.  I think Cap could defeat Gambit in a similar scenario.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27  Edited By Erik

@cattlebattle said:

I honestly think Cap and MK have this.....especially with Moon Knight running a distraction. I mean Cap definitely has the ability to dodge anything Cyke throws at him and once he gets close, Cyke is no match for him in h2h. I think Cap could defeat Gambit in a similar scenario.

I completely agree. Moon Knight is the weak link here but all he has to do is keep it from being a 2v1 against Cap for a bit before he gets help.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sandiego008

Team 2 .. but it is extremely close almost 50/50 to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6a52928f1f0
deactivated-5e6a52928f1f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may be a little late to the game here, but heres the way I see it.

Cyclops from far away will be dangerous, but honestly cap should be able to hold him off till he gets in closer. If he can hit MK before he gets in range That should give them a serious advantage. MK may be viscous and give him a BIG run for his money close range. Dont get me wrong Clops Is highly trained for cqc but MK is willing to play dirty and pass around a little of the ultra violence.

Gambit has the advantage in the store more then anyone. His Ability to Blow shit up by storing kinetic energy in it will be a MAJOR asset to the team. I honestly Dont see him trying to fight cap anywhere near close range b/c lets face it Captain America Is one of the Best Hand to hand fighters on the planet. So that leaves him to either

A) Constantly Trying to catch him off Guard while hes trying to deal whit Cyc ( that is if MK isent around him)

B) Pulling cap around while Trying to Blow him up with either his cards or anything else in the store (which may be on of the few ways to even come close to taking out the man in red,white and blue)

C) Actually Trying To fight cap in CQC. But who honestly thinks our boy from the big easy has a shot against a man who has gone toe to toe with the likes of Thor,The Hulk and all sorts of other baddys.

Or D) Fighting MK while Cyc and cap go at it.

Captain America is the most dangerous man here for CQC. Reason being is that not only is he extremely lethal at close range, frankly sooner or later he will get there and when he does you have to deal with a man who has saved the earth from fuckers so bad it makes his accomplishment of punching hitler in the face minute in comparison. Even without the shield im 99% sure he could take out Cyc or Gambit Everyday of the week. I honestly believe if gambit trys to fight him in fist to coughs he has 0 chance of winning, Cyc on the other hand has about, well ill give it 8% and im being VERY generous. The two X-men Working together well id say he may have a run for his money but non the less would still come out on top. Steve is NO push over and I feel this thread has been kinda neglecting that lol.

Moon Knight in this fight is at the same time the weakest link and the wild card. Now it is true that he has very limited ranged attacks and is not the best at CQC but what everyone so far has failed to acknowledge is his mind.Yes it was stated that his mind set is regular at the moment but how long do you think that will last? Even in his "Normal" mind set the Man regularly carves moons into dimestore thung's foreheads, If he is off kiltered even a little (Fighting Cyc Or especially Gambit will do that to you) He'll likely Go back to Cutting off faces.There is a reason Cyc leads the X-men and that is b/c he can Not only make the tough decisions but he much like cap (but to a lesser degree) is no pushover. If MK has any chance of winning in a 1v1 against him he needs to hit him fast hit him hard and maybe play dirty, other then that MK Prob wont win. The big thing here is gambits ability to blow shit up,if he gets to Moonknights weps and starts making bombs out of them it may be hard to recover. then again they are made out of materiel Nearly identical to adamantium, so his gear and armor should stay intact and protect him for the most part. Worst Case Scenario he loses them....well...heh its not like MK has never improvised before and went prison on a motherfucker and there is a LOT of useable items to choose from.

Overall I think team two has got this for Cap alone. with the addition of moon knight coming into play it really doesn't look like They have a reasonable chance. if was 2v1 against cap well I see a couple scenarios where The X-men come on top.

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LaryKing

@lockomally: Team 2 wins here.It really underestimates them as they can't use visor off or killing power ,but,they can still win this.gambit can take moonknight in h2h,and cyke cap.check my previous posts on cyclops vs captain america.Anyway,here's the thing.Cykes' tactic:Gambit overcharges the selves of the ware house or whatever it is and throws them on cpa nad mk,while cyke provides cover from a distance.Cap can't hold cyke's blasxt for long,he will get exhausted eventually,and cyke can take him down with ricochet and wide blasts.You really hate cyke and love cap.Cyke can hold his own against cap in h2h until he hits him with a point blank blastand gambit can take moonknight down.I don't get why everyone overestimates cpatian nowadays.Cyke can tottaly take him down.And i don't remember MK dodging lightspeed blasts.One balst is enough to put each one down.Team two has it here.cyke can also shoot the roof with the building collapsing on team 1.Team 2 wins here.If you argue,reply

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap and MK

dcandmarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'l have to give it to team 1, I think this type of environment makes Gambit pretty dangerous, plenty of stuff to use and enclosed in hallways should make card dodging difficult if Cap and MK aren't careful.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I'd give team 1 the slight majority due to there advantage in range. I'm not saying that Cap's shield or MK's darts aren't effective, I just think their attacks can be dodged or countered more easily and this environment lends itself to their opponents. It's close though.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gambit starts touching shelves sending kinetic-charged objecting flying in all directions. Cyclops blasts in a radial sweep killing whats left.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I though cap off paneled Gambit easily!? Like fodder in xmen Vs avengers??

Spider_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How powerful is moon knight? Im gonna go with gambit and cyclops though.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Again I repeat hasn't cap already beaten up Gambit and cyclops?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump