• Begin visible
  • Fight takes place here:

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by laflux (16053 posts) - - Show Bio

Given its Morals on, I think that Spider-Man and Daredevil can win

#3 Edited by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#4 Posted by Ryanmcfarland (51 posts) - - Show Bio

gotta get past wolverines healing factor if they can get past the optic blast of cyclopes which should be easy for spiderman

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Wicked set up Jash, and I might I add, that's a gorgeous looking picture of Spidey and Daredevil.

This is a lot closer then most people would think. First off, having morals on, there is no way Pete or Matt are knocking out Logan, that's obvious right off the bat. But given the morality, Logan won't be going for blood either and Scott isn't going to toss out wide-spread blasts either so it's a little more fair in that regard. I'd say Pete and Logan would tango instantly as they are easily the A-listers here. Pete has shown the ability to avoid Logan with ease and the webbing gives him an advantage at slowing him down.

As for Matt and Scott, the distance is decent enough for Scott to start taking shots straight away but Matt has more than enough cover to avoid the blasts as he closes the distance between them. In hand-to-hand, Scott isn't a slouch, but Matt's simply a much more skilled combatant, not to mention faster.

Pete has a chance of incapacitating with his webbing and it's basically his best and only shot. With Matt taking a majority over Scott, the two of them teaming up on Logan would only make it easier for Peter to pull off something complex enough with his webbing to stop Logan in his tracks.

#6 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Cyc and Wolverine. This is a training area. Cyclops would not hesitate to destroy that entire area.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@inconvenient_truth: I'd have to disagree mate. Scott doesn't just up and destroy anything in site, especially when morals are on.

#8 Posted by MisterWhisper (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

The Allstars of this fight is going to be Scott's brain and Spiderman's webs.

Scott is going to have a huge issue here, he may be able to blow a hole in a sentinel, but he is going against 2 people who dodge ranged attacks as easy as I type on a keyboard.

His best bet is going to be setting up a shot that looks like it is aimed at one but is really set for one to dodge it and hit the other, or a many surface bounding shot to throw them off.

His main issue other than facing people who dodge shots like like like a pro athlete dodges questions about performance enhancing drugs is that his agility will be a problem. He is good, a gifted athlete and all but this is Daredevil and Spiderman. He is one good spray of webbing from becoming rather pointless.

Wolverine is good enough to hold his own against either and could give them both a good fight by himself, however again I bring up webbing. In every confrontation they they have had the webbing is always the difference maker.

As much as I like Scott he is going to have to many problems. He may be able to put down Matt with a lucky or well placed shot, he might even be able to hit Pete but he would have to get VERY lucky.

Something else that needs to be brought up is teamwork. Spiderman and Daredevil have worked together plenty, but not nearly to the extent that Wolverine and Cyclops have.

I could easily see Scott and Logan setting it up for Logan to take a hit just so Scott can catch one by surprise.

In the end I go Pete and Matt 7/10. Mainly due to webbing.

#9 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: its a training area. its cheaply made. those vehicles dont have stereos or motors inside. theyre just shells. there is no reason he wouldnt destroy it to get to spiderman and daredevil.

#10 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

scott could send wolvering after one or both and when they come together to fight, scott doesnt have to hesitate to shoot at em because wolverine would just heal anyway.

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: its a training area. its cheaply made. those vehicles dont have stereos or motors inside. theyre just shells. there is no reason he wouldnt destroy it to get to spiderman and daredevil.

Doesn't necessarily mean he knows where they are and that would just be foolishly giving away his position, which Logan would not be happy about and it's out of character for Scott. He's a tactician, not some random with a trigger finger so to speak.

#12 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

How wide can Cyclops make his blast?

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: they begin within sight of eachother as per the OP.

Both sides are rather knowledgeable on their opponents. I doubt either Pete nor Matt would stand still for Scott to shoot at them. Regardless, Peter is fast enough to dodge Scott's blasts with ease at that distance, Matt shouldn't have much problem either.

#15 Edited by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: right but they still have wolverine to worry about. its not just them 2 dancing around scotts blasts and wolverine sitting down with his feet up on a table. Its them 2 having wolverine running, closing the distance and cyclops taking shots from long range.

#16 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: right but they still have wolverine to worry about. its not just them 2 dancing around scotts blasts and wolverine sitting down with his feet up on a table. Its them 2 having wolverine running, closing the distance and cyclops taking shots from long range.

Hence my opening statement. Either Peter could make his way towards Scott, easily avoiding his blasts and possessing the strength to KO or incapacitate Scott considering once the distance is closed, Peter would have the advantage due to far superior physical stats and webbing. Matt is fully capable of hanging with Logan and can detect him easily with his enhanced senses, which are equal to or even greater than that of Logan's.

#17 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Wolverine has the war experience and training to know that and would defend scott and not just let him get taken out.

#18 Posted by God_Spawn (37908 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#19 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Wolverine has the war experience and training to know that and would defend scott and not just let him get taken out.

The war experience and training would help him decide to help Scott from being beat like a ragdoll by Spider-Man? Logan has never cared enough for Scott to consider him the asset to the team. Logan is arrogant in that regard and fights for himself. Just saying that it would be completely out of character for him to lay back and defend Scott when his instincts tell him otherwise.

#20 Posted by Dextersinister (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-schism Cyke and Wolverine worked incredibly well together for almost a decade in real time. I would say the team takes this on team work.

Cyke sends Wolverine ahead to intercept the other team to give himself the opportunity to take down a member of the other team, most likely Daredevil first.

Post Schism Cykes advantage as a leader goes out the window and it becomes a pair off with Spiderman having a good advantage over morals on Logan and Scott.

#21 Posted by Inconvenient_Truth (2362 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@inconvenient_truth said:

The war experience and training would help him decide to help Scott from being beat like a ragdoll by Spider-Man? Logan has never cared enough for Scott to consider him the asset to the team. Logan is arrogant in that regard and fights for himself. Just saying that it would be completely out of character for him to lay back and defend Scott when his instincts tell him otherwise.

Wolverine has lost to Spiderman a couple times before, I think he knows that with DD's helping spiderman, he would need to make up for Scotts deficiencies and work as a team. Theyve worked together for a decade and it would definitely help them.

#22 Posted by Wyldsong (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals on, it's a close fight. You have two avoidance masters who should be able to dodge a Cyclops with morals on. I'd give team two the slight edge, with Spidey's webs handling Wolvie. Morals off would probably be another story though...

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine has lost to Spiderman a couple times before, I think he knows that with DD's helping spiderman, he would need to make up for Scotts deficiencies and work as a team. Theyve worked together for a decade and it would definitely help them.

They've worked on the same team for decades yes, but that doesn't mean Logan is suddenly just going to up and decide to defend Scott from all harm. That's completely out of character mate. The majority of the time, he doesn't even listen to a single order that Scott would issue him.

But I'll play along. Even if Wolverine decided not to attack head on, which he always does, it doesn't mean that he can keep track of both Peter and Matt. On one hand, both have easily avoided him in the past and both can stand on an even level with him. That could leave Matt to tango with Logan while Pete sneaks past, could possibly web Scott from a distance while avoiding his blasts and landing a deciding hit to change the favour for his team.

#24 Posted by Mortium (666 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Even with morals on, Pete could KO Wolverine. And Matt and Peter could probably work as a team better than Cyclops and Wolvie.

#25 Edited by Dextersinister (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:
@inconvenient_truth said:

They've worked on the same team for decades yes, but that doesn't mean Logan is suddenly just going to up and decide to defend Scott from all harm. That's completely out of character mate. The majority of the time, he doesn't even listen to a single order that Scott would issue him.

But I'll play along. Even if Wolverine decided not to attack head on, which he always does, it doesn't mean that he can keep track of both Peter and Matt. On one hand, both have easily avoided him in the past and both can stand on an even level with him. That could leave Matt to tango with Logan while Pete sneaks past, could possibly web Scott from a distance while avoiding his blasts and landing a deciding hit to change the favour for his team.

As I mentioned earlier Logan and Scott where getting on really well together pre-schism. When the future Nimrods attacked Utopia it was Wolverine who said they needed Scotts leadership to give them a fighting chance and he headed X-force under his directions so following orders shouldn't be a problem.

Wolverine attacking head on would be there best chance as it could give Cyke a good opportunity to take out whoever Wolverine clashes with Cyke laying down suppression fire until they clash.

It wasn't until Schism where his ability to follow became truly awful, having attacked both Cyke and Cap because they disagreed.

#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

As I mentioned earlier Logan and Scott where getting on really well together pre-schism. When the future Nimrods attacked Utopia it was Wolverine who said they needed Scotts leadership to give them a fighting chance and he headed X-force under his directions so following orders shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, they worked together and accepted Scott's leadership but he didn't always agree with him. My post was in regards to Logan deciding to stick back and protect Scott, which would be completely out of character for him. Scott would be the last person he'd want to baby-sit, especially since he believes (or believed) he could handle himself. Not to mention his arrogance would get the better of him.

Wolverine attacking head on would be there best chance as it could give Cyke a good opportunity to take out whoever Wolverine clashes with Cyke laying down suppression fire until they clash.

I'd have to disagree mate. Both Pete and Matt are fast enough to dodge Scott's blasts with the former being better suited due to his Spider-Sense and far superior reaction time, speed and agility. The distance between them isn't drastic enough to make long distance shots a deciding factor as Matt could simply fight with Logan while Pete quickly makes his way across the battlefield, tagging Scott with his webbing while easily avoiding his blasts with the aided use of cover if needed.

#27 Edited by Dextersinister (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Babysitting has nothing to do with what I described Wolverine would intercept team 2 or at least the closest member. Your right Scott is more than capable of taking care of himself and in that period of X-history Wolverine was more than happy to take is orders, they had never been closer.

Of course they can dodge it dodging is a staple part of a street levelers skill but not indefinitely Cyke has tagged people with incredible reaction speeds before and as I said above he would attempt to create a situation where it's even easier as he is one of the best shots in the Marvel U.

The cover would be a non-factor as Cykes blast would just knock it into them if they hid behind it and taking cover would play into the idea of suppression fire.

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Babysitting has nothing to do with what I described Wolverine would intercept team 2 or at least the closest member. Your right Scott is more than capable of taking care of himself and in that period of X-history Wolverine was more than happy to take is orders, they had never been closer.

First statement was not in reference to you but the other user. Apologies for the confusion mate!

Of course they can dodge it dodging is a staple part of a street levelers skill but not indefinitely Cyke has tagged people with incredible reaction speeds before and as I said above he would attempt to create a situation where it's even easier as he is one of the best shots in the Marvel U.

I never disputed the fact that Scott is incredibly accurate, but Peter has incredible reaction and speed feats, dodging point near point blank shots and shots that have already left the barrel. Not to mention how much of an asset the spider-sense is. Scott can most definitely keep him on his toes at a distance but if Peter closes the distance, which is possibly due to his speed, it become a completely different ball game. And it's not as if Pete is helpless at a distance either. Nor is Matt since he can use his batons as projectiles.

The cover would be a non-factor as Cykes blast would just knock it into them if they hid behind it and taking cover would play into the idea of suppression fire.

Fair enough, but I'd see it as a tactic they'd first use to stay out of the line of sight until making their move, with either Spider-Man taking the lead, heading towards Scott or Matt distracting Logan.

#29 Edited by Dextersinister (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Projectiles would not be team 2 strong suit, as I said bullet dodging is a stable among street levelers including these 2 so slower projectiles shouldn't be a problem but even then it wouldn't be necessary. Cyclops has an overdeveloped sense of spatial awareness even going so far as to block a lightning strike with his blast and given how it works the blast would carry through and possibly hit whoever stopped to and attempted the ranged attack.

Bullet dodging is normally reacting to the shooter as it's impossible to dodge a bullet most of the dodging is done by reacting to the shooter, comics take great liberties with this with even peak humans dodging after the bullet has been shot but it is impossible to dodge Cykes attack after it has been fired as it has been listed as moving at light speed. Every dodge would be down to them reacting to Scott.

#30 Posted by OverLordArhas (7790 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott via "Get off my LAWN" Optic Blast.

#31 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Projectiles would not be team 2 strong suit, as I said bullet dodging is a stable among street levelers including these 2 so slower projectiles shouldn't be a problem but even then it wouldn't be necessary. Cyclops has an overdeveloped sense of spatial awareness even going so far as to block a lightning strike with his blast and given how it works the blast would carry through and possibly hit whoever stopped to and attempted the ranged attack.

I never said it'd be their strong suit, I simply stated that they aren't useless in that regard and obviously Scott has them outmatched. I could see Scott tagging Matt out of the two if he got the chance but I don't think he'd take the chance of hitting Logan and I'd believe he'd be far more focused on Peter. That is impressive though, Scott's spatial awareness and his blasts are indeed more than capable of shredding through the webbing but Peter won't be standing still trying to hit him, he'll be sprinting, dodging and bouncing all over the place all the while closing the distance.

Bullet dodging is normally reacting to the shooter as it's impossible to dodge a bullet most of the dodging is done by reacting to the shooter, comics take great liberties with this with even peak humans dodging after the bullet has been shot but it is impossible to dodge Cykes attack after it has been fired as it has been listed as moving at light speed. Every dodge would be down to them reacting to Scott.

Personally, I don't think that anyone on Cap's level or below should be able to have bullet reactions or dodge firearms. From a distance perhaps, but Spider-Man is vastly superior than the average street level fighter in terms of agility, speed and reaction time. I'd even go as far to state he's above street level.

Peter has dodged Scott's blasts before, so have characters slower than him such as Deadpool when he eventually became serious to prove a point (hopefully the scans aren't too small):

On top of that, Peter's durability would more than allow for him to tank a blast and keep on moving. If AvX was any example, he took a brutal beating from Colossus and his sister and still kept dancing around them until they overpowered him. He's far more resilient than you make him out to be.

#32 Edited by MisterWhisper (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

Probably do not want to use the horrid writing in AVX as an example, citing that garbage will hurt credibility.

#33 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper: People have cited far worse and still accepted the example.

#34 Posted by MisterWhisper (1920 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

Yeah not long ago people were trying to use the alternate universe where Peter Parker became the Hulk as an example that Hulk could tank a shot from Galactus.

#35 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah not long ago people were trying to use the alternate universe where Peter Parker became the Hulk as an example that Hulk could tank a shot from Galactus.

Waitaminute... what? O_O That's... alrighty then... I thought I saw everything but apparently not :P

#36 Posted by IRS (456 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with team 1 because I believe they have a heck of a lot more experience fighting together as a team and working together in a battlefield. That really does make a difference.

#37 Posted by God_Spawn (37908 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: You used Daniel Way's Deadpool dodging Cyclops. Our friendship is over since that was one of the worst comics ever. Frakin taking out Colossus. Racklefrackle.

#38 Posted by WillPayton (9477 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 because Cyclops can go wide beam and KO team 2.

#39 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: <3 I'll make it better! Proves that his Spider-Sense put's him a step ahead of Scott's blasts.

#40 Edited by Dextersinister (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Hitting Logan wouldn't be an issue his aim and reacting to where objects are is incredibly good. Scott aiming and taking fire would take far less effort than most of the actions of anyone else so laying down covering fire then taking advantage in a lack of concentration from whoever tangles with Wolverine shouldn't be a problem and he has shown that he is more than capable of firing whilst dodging

I would post scans of him making multiple bounce scans, reboundings shots off walls and the such but you've probably seen them all.

The Deadpool scan always comes up but I suppose that was in a Deadpool issue. As I've said street levelers always make the dodge except when they don't, he's tagged Quicksilver, Beast, Nightcrawler, Wolverine and multiple other characters with better or equal reflexes. Spider Man has been hit by slower projectiles such as bows, darts and throwing knives and less skilled shooters with a handgun such as the Punisher who was aiming for where Peter would be which is a staple move of Cyclops.

I would say that he could take an initial hit and keep on fighting but the initial blast will knock the wind out of him, if Cyke wanted his blast would go through Peter as if he where wet tissue but if a blast hits the next one will knock him out after he has tested his durability unless he has a good measure of what he can take already.

As it stands Peter would take the majority in a fight against just Scott but with teamwork they could take down Matt first and Peter would lose to the both of them. Scott has enough main character power to avoid Peter taking him down before Logan returns to back him up.

#41 Posted by God_Spawn (37908 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20264 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget said:

@misterwhisper said:

Waitaminute... what? O_O That's... alrighty then... I thought I saw everything but apparently not :P

The flawed logic is so great...my...mah...mah brain is overloading with stupidity!!!

#43 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Nice! But like I said earlier, Pete is able to tank the shots and keep going.

@deranged_midget: Hitting Logan wouldn't be an issue his aim and reacting to where objects are is incredibly good. Scott aiming and taking fire would take far less effort than most of the actions of anyone else so laying down covering fire then taking advantage in a lack of concentration from whoever tangles with Wolverine shouldn't be a problem and he has shown that he is more than capable of firing whilst dodging

Fair enough.

The Deadpool scan always comes up but I suppose that was in a Deadpool issue. As I've said street levelers always make the dodge except when they don't, he's tagged Quicksilver, Beast, Nightcrawler, Wolverine and multiple other characters with better or equal reflexes. Spider Man has been hit by slower projectiles such as bows, darts and throwing knives and less skilled shooters with a handgun such as the Punisher who was aiming for where Peter would be which is a staple move of Cyclops.

True enough sir, every character has their low end feats and both Cyclops and Spider-Man are quite capable at their best but Spider-Man moves in a drastically different way then Quicksilver would and Peter has already made a fool of Kurt and Wolverine on multiple occasions in terms of speed and agility. I'd also like to tag this scan in though proving how capable Spider-Sense is. Peter's spider-sense acts more like pre-cog then anything, almost allowing him to know where Scott will aim and therefore, properly allowing him to avoid the shot.

I would say that he could take an initial hit and keep on fighting but the initial blast will knock the wind out of him, if Cyke wanted his blast would go through Peter as if he where wet tissue but if a blast hits the next one will knock him out after he has tested his durability unless he has a good measure of what he can take already.

If this scan is any indication (with thanks to GS for providing it), Pete can tank the average blast and considering Scott's expression, he wasn't all too happy with Spidey at the time being. Peter takes the blast and even has enough in him to make a remark about it. It proves that yes, Scott can tag Peter but also that Peter can take from his blasts.

As it stands Peter would take the majority in a fight against just Scott but with teamwork they could take down Matt first and Peter would lose to the both of them. Scott has enough main character power to avoid Peter taking him down before Logan returns to back him up.

True enough, but that all depends on where Logan and Matt end up fighting and if Scott can get a beat on before Peter is on top of him and if he already isn't distracted by the webbing he would have constantly being shot in his direction. Not too sure on how powerful Matt's radar sense but I do know that he can sense the vibrations in the air which might allow him to gauge where the blasts might be headed and perhaps move in time to either avoid them or allow Logan to take the brunt of the blast.

#44 Edited by God_Spawn (37908 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: It was more of an annoyance on Scott's part. I don't think he meant to hit him hard, just get him out. But I won't disagree, Spider-Man should be able to tank a regular shot; Scott can also easily turn up the power, though. I was just objecting against the Deadpool scan since it was an utterly ridiculous issue and I don't think Wade should be able to dodge all three like that. Idk how accurate Surge is, but Domino isn't an amateur and definitely either is Scott.

I won't also disagree on the points that team 2 wins or that Spidey or DD can't dodge some shots as well.

Just the small stuff bugging me :P.

#45 Posted by Dextersinister (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: The difference between knocking a guy out of the room and knocking him out with a blast is potentially broken bones. Scott didn't want to hurt Peter or K.O. him just didn't want the smart alec in the room.

In your scan which is fairly dated he dodges his blasts and Jean points out the obvious, in more recent scans he is shown tagging him. Certain characters come a long way for instance modern Jean wouldn't be as useless as a sandbag with a smiley face and simply restrain Spiderman from the get go and Scott has gone from a teenage boyscott to Batman with laser vision instead of gadgets (except for the jetpack). Few comic characters have had such a radical development and his skills have followed which is why his best showings are all within the last 15 years.

#46 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: Ugh, this responding system makes it hard to debate :P

The difference between knocking a guy out of the room and knocking him out with a blast is potentially broken bones. Scott didn't want to hurt Peter or K.O. him just didn't want the smart alec in the room.

I don't see how a morals on Scott would want to use blasts powerful enough to break bones, nor has he ever tried to do so. I'd say that blast was a little more than simply "knocking him out of the room" considering his angered expression and possibly the pain from the graze he just took.

In your scan which is fairly dated he dodges his blasts and Jean points out the obvious, in more recent scans he is shown tagging him. Certain characters come a long way for instance modern Jean wouldn't be as useless as a sandbag with a smiley face and simply restrain Spiderman from the get go and Scott has gone from a teenage boyscott to Batman with laser vision instead of gadgets (except for the jetpack). Few comic characters have had such a radical development and his skills have followed which is why his best showings are all within the last 15 years.

I don't see how Jean is being thrown into the equation here, but ok. And how would the scan be obsolete at this point? Spider-Sense works exactly the same except Peter is only more adept with his movements and on top of that, he has his own fighting style that he built upon WITHOUT the aid of spider-sense that allowed him to dodge attacks that only improved when his SS returned to him.

But yes, Scott has most definitely improved since his early days, but stating that Peter hasn't would be a little crazy now wouldn't it. Regardless of how much more skilled Scott has become, the scan still holds relevance to a point. Peter's spider-sense acts as a pre-cog allowing him to pre-determine where Scott might shoot and thus, simply react to the blast which he is fully capable of doing.

#47 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Small stuff as Deadpool schooling Scott? >:D

#48 Posted by schillenger420 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming Peter knows about Wolverine's healing factor and doesn't pull punches he could pretty easily solo this. The way I see the fight going is thusly. The first thing Spdey and DD do is get out of sight of Cyclops and concentrate on Wolverine. Spiderman gets to him first.... and before Wolverine can react Spidey webs him in the ankle and starts swinging him around, bashing him into cars, walls, and the ground. He does this enough times and with enough force to knock out Wolverine. After that it's only a matter of time before either DD or Spidey tag Cyclops.... and with Spidey's enhanced strength it'll only take once. With the wide-open spaces to jump, duck, and dodge, yeah Cyclops can hit Spiderman but it's very very far from easy. The only way Wolverine even touches him though is if Spidey wants him too It could also go the other way, as Parker doesn't usually take his fights too seriously and against these two that could be a big problem..... Daredevil on the other hand... I can see him being quite and stealthy enough to sneak up on Cyclops and take him out by throwing his Baton, but for the life of me I don't see how he drops Wolverine. Wolverine is just too durable for anything DD can reasonably do to him. Daredevil solo would lose, Spiderman can solo if he's of a mind. Team 2 for the win. Morals on does help Spidey immensely though because otherwise, in an epic display of, "Dodge this." Cyclops levels the place.

#49 Posted by Dextersinister (6175 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how a morals on Scott would want to use blasts powerful enough to break bones, nor has he ever tried to do so. I'd say that blast was a little more than simply "knocking him out of the room" considering his angered expression and possibly the pain from the graze he just took.

That was sort of my point you claimed he could tank a blast I'm just pointing out that he can only tank a blast if Scott doesn't intend to knock out, the image merely shows him taking a blast that was ment to push him out of the room. Scott has been able to change the intensity from pushing aside cars to shattering Sentinels.

I don't see how Jean is being thrown into the equation here, but ok. And how would the scan be obsolete at this point? Spider-Sense works exactly the same except Peter is only more adept with his movements and on top of that, he has his own fighting style that he built upon WITHOUT the aid of spider-sense that allowed him to dodge attacks that only improved when his SS returned to him.

But yes, Scott has most definitely improved since his early days, but stating that Peter hasn't would be a little crazy now wouldn't it. Regardless of how much more skilled Scott has become, the scan still holds relevance to a point. Peter's spider-sense acts as a pre-cog allowing him to pre-determine where Scott might shoot and thus, simply react to the blast which he is fully capable of doing.

Of course Spider Man has changed but being the character he is means he has heavily restricted growth sometimes he even regresses. He should have been an Avenger years ago but they always try and portray him as the guy that's put upon, you could still believe he was a college student just out of school with the way he acts. Although he has always been a mainstay on the X-Men Scott didn't hit is stride until Grant and Whedons runs, the growth he went through was risky and could have ruined the character but most fans believe it has payed off.

All the scan tells us is that Spider Man has that ability but the more recent and relevant scan shows us that Scott can tag him regardless of it.

Jean was irrelevant to the point I just mentioned it because her only use being stating the obvious Galaxy Quest style is so bad it's funny.

#50 Posted by jashro44 (21963 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

Wicked set up Jash, and I might I add, that's a gorgeous looking picture of Spidey and Daredevil.

Thank you! And yes I really agree with you about the picture.