#1 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr Sinister has kidnapped Jean Grey; the X-Men, unable to stop him, but also desperate to get Jean back safe, tried to reason with him. In turn, he proposed a 1on1 fight between the two people in the team that love Jean the most: Scott Summers (a.k.a. Cyclops), and James Howlett/ Logan (a.k.a. Wolverine). Sinister added that he would overview the match himself, and if either of the combatants was to demonstrate any sign of hesitance to strike upon the other, Jean would die no matter what.

The location: a Canadian forest, covered completely with snow

The conditions during the fight:

Thick mist

Strong winds

Constant Snowfalls  

-The opponents begin from opposite sides of the forest, but they are unaware of the other’s starting point

-Cyclops is allowed to walk around the forest for 3 hours before the match, in order to familiarize with the location  

-Cyclops has 5 hours of prep time prior to the fight

-Wolverine knows neither of the (two) above mentioned rules

-Cyclops isn't allowed to remove visor

-Wolverine has his adamantium

-Elimination is by KO, or death

#2 Edited by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine (with adamantium) will win.

#3 Posted by Dreadmaster (16776 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops wins

#4 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@mira said:
" Wolverine will win. "
Care to elaborate, Mira?

@dreadmaster
said:
" Cyclops wins "
You too, dread.
#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (35208 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm heading out to dinner...But I'll be sure to share my input when I return.

Staff
#6 Posted by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Cyclops can not destroy Wolverine's adamantium. Am I right?

#7 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
He cannot; but Wolverine can still be knocked out. It would not be the first time.
#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Cyclops, if he isn't holding back is more powerful than Logan, there is even a scan i have where Logan admits to knowing why Scott is still their leader.

#9 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" I say Cyclops, if he isn't holding back is more powerful than Logan, there is even a scan i have where Logan admits to knowing why Scott is still their leader.

"
I'm aware of the scan. But he removed his visor in that specific scan; something he isn't allowed to do it here.

#10 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine he has the healing factor, stealth, since there in the forest his miltary backgrond and training with weapon x give an advantage ill go for wolverine
 the scan above that would be out of cyclops charecter to do that

#11 Edited by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" He cannot; but Wolverine can still be knocked out. It would not be the first time.
"
And did you read X-Force #6 ?

#12 Posted by randumo24 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops, especially with KO being a finish. He wouldnt hold back anything if it's a choice between Jean and Wolvie.

#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@mira said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" He cannot; but Wolverine can still be knocked out. It would not be the first time.
"
And did you read X-Force #6 ? "
No, but I've read enough Wolverine to know it could be done. But you can post the scan if you so like, and believe it would contribute to this fight.
#14 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
"@Caligula said:
" I say Cyclops, if he isn't holding back is more powerful than Logan, there is even a scan i have where Logan admits to knowing why Scott is still their leader.

"
I'm aware of the scan. But he removed his visor in that specific scan; something he isn't allowed to do it here."

even with out removing his visor, he is more level headed and an all around better fighter than Wolvey, and if he isn't holding back there is no way Logan can stop him. that is Scott's only real issue is that he never goes all out, he always seems to hold back
#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
" wolverine he has the healing factor, stealth, since there in the forest his miltary backgrond and training with weapon x give an advantage ill go for wolverine  the scan above that would be out of cyclops charecter to do that "
Yes, and that is his only point here. Cyclops has absolutely all the rest.
#16 Posted by Ferro Vida (34227 posts) - - Show Bio

demonstration of Scott's fighting skills and honed senses

#17 Edited by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @mira said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"
And did you read X-Force #6 ? "
No, but I've read enough Wolverine to know it could be done. But you can post the scan if you so like, and believe it would contribute to this fight. "
Well you should,  cause you can see there what can Wolverine withstand.
This is #6

#18 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: Nice scans. You side with Cyke then, I take it?
#19 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
"

"
fighting against normal pedestrians isnt a feat ?? if he did against military personal or his fellow x-men then
#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@mira: I've seen Logan getting immediately up after being crushed by a truck, and recovering in ten seconds after being burned to his skin. I know what he is capable of. And yet, with well placed strength he has been knocked out. The one doesn't cancel the other.
#21 Posted by Psyker star (3492 posts) - - Show Bio

But he is fighting against normal pedestrians with his eyes closed
but Logan is alot faster and better trained  

#22 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris: It has been pointed out to me recently, that Cyke has indeed taken down all the X-Men, on two, or three occasions. Not with his eyes closed though.
#23 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
Logan would hunt him down and kill him before cyke knew what happen to him.. cyke has bn sneaked up to a few times already and bn ko'ed in the past logan shouldnt have any problem at all doing it here.
#24 Posted by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @mira: I've seen Logan getting immediately up after being crushed by a truck, and recovering in ten seconds after being burned to his skin. I know what he is capable of. And yet, with well placed strength he has been knocked out. The one doesn't cancel the other. "
Yeah but in this issue he looked almost like Terminator's endo. :)
#25 Posted by randumo24 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio
@Psyker star said:
"But he is fighting against normal pedestrians with his eyes closed but Logan is alot faster and better trained   "

so what, you think cyke is gonna hold back and not blast him into nothing but a skeleton. If that's not a KO, then I dunno what is.
#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
" Logan would hunt him down and kill him before cyke knew what happen to him.. cyke has bn sneaked up to a few times already and bn ko'ed in the past logan shouldnt have any problem at all doing it here. "
I believe that with the advantages Scott has here, that is unlikely. Wolverine could still win, but not that easy.
#27 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

he can still dogde his optic blasts people with less agilty have done it before

#28 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
even with out removing his visor, he is more level headed and an all around better fighter than Wolvey, and if he isn't holding back there is no way Logan can stop him. that is Scott's only real issue is that he never goes all out, he always seems to hold back "
More level headed? Yes. A better fighter? No. Also, this isn't a straight fight. And neither of them holds back here.
#29 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
"wolverine he has the healing factor, stealth, since there in the forest his miltary backgrond and training with weapon x give an advantage ill go for wolverine  the scan above that would be out of cyclops charecter to do that "

i dont think it's out of character for him, if it's Jean, he is fighting for
#30 Edited by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @castleking said:
" Logan would hunt him down and kill him before cyke knew what happen to him.. cyke has bn sneaked up to a few times already and bn ko'ed in the past logan shouldnt have any problem at all doing it here. "
I believe that with the advantages Scott has here, that is unlikely. Wolverine could still win, but not that easy. "
@Omg chris said:
" he can still dogde his optic blasts people with less agilty have done it before "

I agree.
#31 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @Omg chris said:
"wolverine he has the healing factor, stealth, since there in the forest his miltary backgrond and training with weapon x give an advantage ill go for wolverine  the scan above that would be out of cyclops charecter to do that "
i dont think it's out of character for him, if it's Jean, he is fighting for "
damn true but there to far apart and doesn't he get weaker if he fire's a full blast like that for to long ?
#32 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
"@Caligula said:
even with out removing his visor, he is more level headed and an all around better fighter than Wolvey, and if he isn't holding back there is no way Logan can stop him. that is Scott's only real issue is that he never goes all out, he always seems to hold back "
More level headed? Yes. A better fighter? No. Also, this isn't a straight fight. And neither of them holds back here."

well not holding back, Scott smokes w+Wolverine
#33 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
" he can still dogde his optic blasts people with less agilty have done it before "
And far more agile people have been tagged. It goes both ways.
#34 Edited by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Omg chris said:
And far more agile people have been tagged. It goes both ways. "
damn you lol
#35 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Omg chris said:
damn you lol "
Hahaha..
#36 Posted by randumo24 (4655 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
"@Omg chris said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Omg chris said:
damn you lol "
Hahaha.."

Damn right, good job Morpheus
#37 Edited by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

well i still think he takes it he is a far better tactician, level headed, beter at h2h, and uses the terrain against him he wont know where he is, scott will be forced to fire random shots he isn't thinking straight since its ofr jean he will be constanly thinking about her mindgames XD logan wins this but its a tuff fight

#38 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
" well i still think he takes it he is a far better tactician, level headed, beter at h2h, and uses the terrain against him he wont know where he is, scott will be forced to fire random shots he isn't thinking straight since its ofr jean he will be constanly thinking about her mindgames XD logan wins this but its a tuff fight "
1) I don't believe any of them will be absolutely calm here; remember, they fight for Jean.
2) I believe both of them to be good tacticians. People begin to forget that about Logan with all the shots he's taking in recent years.
3) And about the terrain: the location would normally favour Logan - to counter that, Cyke has 3 hours to walk the forest; they are level even in that.

#39 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
" the scan above that would be out of cyclops character to do that "
Not it would not. He knows that Wolverine is one tough SOB and if he holds back then he will get gutted. The rules stat that he and Wolverine both know that Jean will die if they do not go all out for one another. So it is not out of character for him to do, but because of the rules he can not remove his Visor. That being said does not mean much to be honest as he is still capable of very powerful blasts with it on.

@mira said:
"
"
This is also Cover art, which is more often than not misleading. Now actual scans from inside the comic would be one thing, but the covers rarely mean anything.

@castleking said:
Seeing how Cyke has three hours to learn the lay of the land and then five hours of preparation before this kicks off I doubt that. Now I can see this play out both ways, but more often than not Cyclops will come out ahead.

One easy and simple tactic could be to just clear out a section of the woods with his optic blasts. Setting up the field of battle to a point where Wolverine and not skulk in the shadows and sneak up on him. There is also the chance that he creates a trap to lure Wolverine into, a hole, ditch, ravine etc. From there he would not only have the advantage of range, but also height.

@Omg chris said:
Cyclops has also tagged people who posses greater agility and speed than Wolverine. Beast, Nightcrawler, Toad, Northstar, Quicksilver, Cannonball, the list goes on. His accuracy is supposed to be so keen that he can strike the top of a needle/nail. He has thrown up a coin and punched a hole in it, creating a ring from it. Not to mention playing pull with his optic blasts and sinking all the balls with one shot. Disarming 8 or so guards with guns with a single blasts that richocheted off one another. There are more cases as well with him using various surfaces to bounce his blasts off of to hit his desired target.
#40 Posted by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Omg chris said:
" well i still think he takes it he is a far better tactician, level headed, beter at h2h, and uses the terrain against him he wont know where he is, scott will be forced to fire random shots he isn't thinking straight since its ofr jean he will be constanly thinking about her mindgames XD logan wins this but its a tuff fight "
1) I don't believe any of them will be absolutely calm here; remember, they fight for Jean.
2) I believe both of them to be good tacticians. People begin to forget that about Logan with all the shots he's taking in recent years.
3) And about the terrain: the location would normally favour Logan - to counter that, Cyke has 3 hours to walk the forest; they are level even in that.
"
touche sir touche just wondering who do you think will win ?
#41 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @Omg chris said:
"
touche sir touche just wondering who do you think will win ? "
It is very balanced. I truly can't say.
#42 Edited by mira (1541 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @mira said:
"
"
This is also Cover art, which is more often than not misleading. Now actual scans from inside the comic would be one thing, but the covers rarely mean anything."

Check this:

You see? Wolverine can withstand it.

Wolverine will win.

#43 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops wins Wolverine cant get through this

#44 Posted by Aronmorales (9434 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...I give this to Wolverine on account of his adamantium bones staying around if Scott blasted Logan to kingdom come; he'd just come back...unless Scott blasted him again...and also Wolverine takes how long to regenerate from something like that?
huh, plus only his bones are adamantium, not his ligaments, so he'd just fall apart....

Depending on how fast Logan can regenerate, I give this to Scott.

#45 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
Cyclops has also tagged people who posses greater agility and speed than Wolverine. Beast, Nightcrawler, Toad, Northstar, Quicksilver, Cannonball, the list goes on. His accuracy is supposed to be so keen that he can strike the top of a needle/nail. He has thrown up a coin and punched a hole in it, creating a ring from it. Not to mention playing pull with his optic blasts and sinking all the balls with one shot. Disarming 8 or so guards with guns with a single blasts that richocheted off one another. There are more cases as well with him using various surfaces to bounce his blasts off of to hit his desired target. "

#46 Edited by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" Cyclops wins Wolverine cant get through this

"
wow umm but to be fair juggernaut wa standing there logan would always be on the move
#47 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omg chris: Im aware of that I was talking about the first caption box.

he hit him with enough force to rip a small planet in two. visor was still on.
#48 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
"

"

I cheated and put them all together ;p

#49 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

Caption stating his blast traveling at the speed of light

Another showing of his skill, after this he takes off the blind fold and unleashed on the beast, i have it as well if needed

#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
We need to fetch Logan's mother here quickly; the Cyke experts make this seem fat too one sided.