#1 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised I didn't find this one. its probably been done before, if it was let me know and please don't be bitchy about it.

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio

could go either way, depending on the circumstances.

#3 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine is better than cyclops in fighting, but then again cyclops has his optic blasts, but wolverine is durable and has less weaknesses than cyclops

#4 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

If the fight was till someone was KOd who do think would win?

If the fight was until someone died (it only has to be once) who do you think would win?

If the fight was until someone died (permanently) who do you think would win?

#5 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine could win two of those circumstances, but the ko part varies

#6 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke's blasts are very powerful and Wolverine doesn't have super-human reflexes or agility as his powers, I could see one very well aimed shot at Wolvy's head giving him at least a concussion and possibly killing him if his brains hit against his skull hard enough. Also, if Cyke could manage to take his visor off at point-blank range, is it possible that he could take Wolvy's head off? Wolverine is not just going to stand still though, he is one of the best fighters in MU and if he could survive Cyclops' optic blasts until he gets in close range then this fight could get very ugly for Cyke.

#7 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread was done before and Wolverine lost with this one.

Cyclops has already demonstrated his powers to its fullest extent and in one comic, Wolverine was also surprised of how strong Cyclops really is.

#8 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the heads up.

#9 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this answer the question??

When the X-Men are hypnotized into thinking Cyclops is the Dark Phoenix, they try to hunt him down. After defeating Colossus, Nightcrawler and Storm in quick succession, he flees to the Danger Room. Inside, he creates a jungle environment in which to hide from his fellow X-Men. They attempt to hunt him down, but he outwits them, defeating Shadowcat, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm and Rogue, all the while suffering from broken ribs.

#10 Posted by Morte Rapida (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance Astro says:

"could go either way, depending on the circumstances."

Agree

I have seen them both win against each other on occasion. It all depends on the circumstances

#11 Posted by Super-Buster (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Does this answer the question??When the X-Men are hypnotized into thinking Cyclops is the Dark Phoenix, they try to hunt him down. After defeating Colossus, Nightcrawler and Storm in quick succession, he flees to the Danger Room. Inside, he creates a jungle environment in which to hide from his fellow X-Men. They attempt to hunt him down, but he outwits them, defeating Shadowcat, Wolverine, Colossus, Storm and Rogue, all the while suffering from broken ribs."

That's what you would call Cyclops' best (or bad writing, whatever floats your boat), Wolverine has also performed some amazing feats (like taking on armies and what-not), the question is, on a normal day, based on what you to be consistent for each character, who would win? I'm sorry for continuing this thread but I really don't want to shovel through pages and pages of battles to find the original.

#12 Posted by kiwiacai (45 posts) - - Show Bio
@Super-Buster: Could Cyclops shoot his optic blasts at wolverine's joints and areas where he does not have adamantium and kill wolverine that way? Could wolverine grow them back? Would they be bone claw?
#13 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

wolverine takes this... just one claw to the the face and cyclops is done, if he can get that close though
#15 Posted by sevennames27 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops for the win.
#16 Posted by loganreme (1398 posts) - - Show Bio

I think somebody already stated that this thread has been done before and Cyclops won............so why are we still discussing this? :)
#17 Edited by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops blew Wolverine's hand off in the Age of Apocalypse, right? So go from there. Cyclops wins by blowing everything else off. Question is can Wolverine regenerate everything that has been blown off? I don't know.

#18 Posted by Dark_Slayor (212 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth - 295 and Earth616 are completely different. AoA is a alternate reality 

#19 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark_Slayor: It still happened though.
#20 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X: Agreed.
#21 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

If Wolverine can beat Hercules then he can certainly beat Cyclops.

#22 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

YEAH GUYS CAUSE HERCULES SHOOTS LASER BEAMS OUT OF HIS EYES.

RIGHT.

GUYS.

RIGHT.

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" YEAH GUYS CAUSE HERCULES SHOOTS LASER BEAMS OUT OF HIS EYES.  RIGHT.  GUYS.  RIGHT. "
LOL.
#24 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" If Wolverine can beat Hercules then he can certainly beat Cyclops.
"
Where in this scan is he beating Herc...?
#25 Posted by mv (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyke blasts him, why's he gonna let wolverine get close ?

#26 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sparda said:
" YEAH GUYS CAUSE HERCULES SHOOTS LASER BEAMS OUT OF HIS EYES.  RIGHT.  GUYS.  RIGHT. "
Put Cyclops against Hercules on the vine.  See how long he lasts...yet Wolverine goes toe to toe.

And yeah, Wolverine beat him, Hercules was pretty much kissing up so Wolvie didnt finish him off...
#27 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

BECAUSE THE SCAN SHOWN DEFINITELY SHOWS THIS EVENT.

AND WHAT WOULD HAPPEN SHOULD CYCLOPS HAVE ATTEMPTED TO FIGHT HERCULES.

BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE, GUYS.

LOTS OF SENSE.

RIGHT GUYS.

CAUSE AND EFFECT AND EVERYTHING.

RIGHT GUYS.

RIGHT.

GUYS.

#28 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
Gonna have to say Scott...Wolverine is durable no doubt but Scott can blast him back and he could take a chance of using H2H and blast combo. But the only way that this would really count as a pure win for Scott is if he used his blast to BFR Wolverine.
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Sparda said:
Put Cyclops against Hercules on the vine.  See how long he lasts...yet Wolverine goes toe to toe.  And yeah, Wolverine beat him, Hercules was pretty much kissing up so Wolvie didnt finish him off... "
Put you in a debate against anyone on the vine and see if anyone agrees with anything you say....
#30 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

I know for a fact Cyclops would lose to a lot of people.  He's too one dimensional.  He's got a good laser blast but its a one trick pony type of power.  Put him against someone like Domino and she'll use her luck powers to make him miss while she puts a dozen bullets in him...then you want to put him against an animal like Wolverine?  The same Wolverine who beats down people like Hulk?  Your just asking for a slaughter.

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" I know for a fact Cyclops would lose to a lot of people. 
Wolverine isn't one of them.
#32 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:

" @Klandicar said:

Wolverine isn't one of them. "
WW Hulk tried to BFR Wolverine, Wolverine came back.  If Cyclops blasts him out of the park we know Wolvie will be back with a plan.  A plan that involves slicing and dicing the boy in blue.

How many slashes can "Cyke" take from Wolvie?  One?  And people were saying Cyclops can hand to hand with an animal like Wolvie.  What a joke!
#33 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Klandicar said:

WW Hulk tried to BFR Wolverine, Wolverine came back.  If Cyclops blasts him out of the park we know Wolvie will be back with a plan.  A plan that involves slicing and dicing the boy in blue.  How many slashes can "Cyke" take from Wolvie?  One?  And people were saying Cyclops can hand to hand with an animal like Wolvie.  What a joke! "
The joke would be how Wolverine could go H2H as a adamantium skeleton. One full powered shot from Cyclops and Wolverine would technically be out. Which means Scott is the winner.
#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Klandicar said:

WW Hulk tried to BFR Wolverine, Wolverine came back.  If Cyclops blasts him out of the park we know Wolvie will be back with a plan.  A plan that involves slicing and dicing the boy in blue.  How many slashes can "Cyke" take from Wolvie?  One?  And people were saying Cyclops can hand to hand with an animal like Wolvie.  What a joke! "
World War Hulk didn't try anything..he did BFR Wolverine.Coming back is of no significance.You have to be BFR'd first to even come back from. 
If Cyclops blasts him out of the park....he wins.Also who cares what plan Wolverine will have...he may be the better fighter but Cyclops is the better tactician.
#35 Posted by Dynamo8 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I've notice that the favor here on this thread is Wolverine. . man people dont' give Cyclops enough credit huh? ...o well.

#36 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
"If Cyclops blasts him out of the park we know Wolvie will be back with a plan. "
A plan to get knocked out of the park once again. lol
#37 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance
Off topic
Nice Avy Vance..Brings back my 5yr cloudy memory of Saturday morning cartoons.
XD

@Dynamo8 said:
" I've notice that the favor here on this thread is Wolverine. . man people dont' give Cyclops enough credit huh? ...o well. "

I know isn't it such a shame..
#38 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @Klandicar said:
"If Cyclops blasts him out of the park we know Wolvie will be back with a plan. "
A plan to get knocked out of the park once again. lol "
LOL
#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Vance
Off topic
XD

#40 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" I know for a fact Cyclops would lose to a lot of people.  He's too one dimensional.  He's got a good laser blast but its a one trick pony type of power.  Put him against someone like Domino and she'll use her luck powers to make him miss while she puts a dozen bullets in him...then you want to put him against an animal like Wolverine?  The same Wolverine who beats down people like Hulk?  Your just asking for a slaughter. "
This here shows me that you know little of Cyclops. Not only does he have his optic blasts, which can be used to devastating effects, but also used to bounce around in a dizzying array of angles. Not to mention one blast has disarmed several guards at once, one blast and punch holes in sentinels. The varied effects with his one power are wide spread . He is also a very good hand to hand fighter, though Wolverine is better than him in that department. Cyclops is however a brilliant tactician and battle field commander. Being able to evaluate a situation and come up with a plan on the fly.
#41 Edited by Dynamo8 (446 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
@Dynamo8 said:
" I've notice that the favor here on this thread is Wolverine. . man people dont' give Cyclops enough credit huh? ...o well. "
I know isn't it such a shame.. "I know what's up with that? I respect both of these guys for their individuality but something's gotta give here. . .meh, I'll jsut call it a stalemate.
#42 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Vance
Off topic
XD

No problem.
And now really looking at it I could swear that I had that phone in my toy chest and it had yellow wheels..LOL
#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Vance
Off topic
XD

No problem.
And now really looking at it I could swear that I had that phone in my toy chest and it had yellow wheels..LOL "
LOL..I know the phone you're talking about. 

@Andferne said:
This here shows me that you know little of Cyclops. 
Not even trying to insult anyone but he doesn't seem to know much about any character.
#44 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Andferne said:
" @Klandicar said:
" I know for a fact Cyclops would lose to a lot of people.  He's too one dimensional.  He's got a good laser blast but its a one trick pony type of power.  Put him against someone like Domino and she'll use her luck powers to make him miss while she puts a dozen bullets in him...then you want to put him against an animal like Wolverine?  The same Wolverine who beats down people like Hulk?  Your just asking for a slaughter. "
This here shows me that you know little of Cyclops. Not only does he have his optic blasts, which can be used to devastating effects, but also used to bounce around in a dizzying array of angles. Not to mention one blast has disarmed several guards at once, one blast and punch holes in sentinels. The varied effects with his one power are wide spread . He is also a very good hand to hand fighter, though Wolverine is better than him in that department. Cyclops is however a brilliant tactician and battle field commander. Being able to evaluate a situation and come up with a plan on the fly. "
100% true

@Dynamo8 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
@Dynamo8 said:
I know isn't it such a shame.. "I know what's up with that? I respect both of these guys for their individuality but something's gotta give here. . .meh, I'll jsut call it a stalemate. "

Well to be honest I really don't like either one of them..Wolverine is too overrated and Scott needs to be a man and push instead of waiting for the chips to fall..But hopefully that day will come soon.
#45 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Klandicar said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @Klandicar said:

The joke would be how Wolverine could go H2H as a adamantium skeleton. One full powered shot from Cyclops and Wolverine would technically be out. Which means Scott is the winner. "
What if Wolverine went animal after taking a hit.  Cyclops might get a laser blast or two, but it'll just make Wolverine unleash all he's really got.

Tanks an exploding car Hulk throws on him.

Nothing can really be done for Cyclops at this point, just picking up all the bodyparts when Wolverine is done then burying them.
#46 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Vance
Off topic
XD

No problem.
And now really looking at it I could swear that I had that phone in my toy chest and it had yellow wheels..LOL "
LOL..I know the phone you're talking about. 

@Andferne said:
This here shows me that you know little of Cyclops. 
Not even trying to insult anyone but he doesn't seem to know much about any character. "
LOL..Maybe he just needs to be polished off and grow?
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how none of those scans prove Wolverine can beat Cyclops.

#48 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" I like how none of those scans prove Wolverine can beat Cyclops. "
Yeah, well you can't beat an animal by trying to KO them, which is OBVIOUSLY what Cyclops will try.  You need a tranquilizer, and Cyclops will just make Wolvie madder and more furious until Wolverine goes so feral that Cyke can't keep up.  By that time it'll be too late, as he will have an adamantium claw where his spleen used to be.
#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91261 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" I like how none of those scans prove Wolverine can beat Cyclops. "
Yeah, well you can't beat an animal by trying to KO them, which is OBVIOUSLY what Cyclops will try.  You need a tranquilizer, and Cyclops will just make Wolvie madder and more furious until Wolverine goes so feral that Cyke can't keep up.  By that time it'll be too late, as he will have an adamantium claw where his spleen used to be. "
Cyclops doesn't have to KO Wolverine to win.
#50 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

HEY GUYS WOLVERINE DEFINITELY BEATS DOWN HULK ALL THE TIME