Cyclops vs Ultimate Green Goblin

MajorSparkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MajorSparkman

Battle takes place in a small southern town. In an old-west fashion, there are buildings next to each other in a parallel line to the left and right, with a dirt path leading through it. Past the path a little ways is a clock-tower.

Neither fighter has prep, and are unaware of their opponent's abilities. Right off the bat, Norman is bloodlusted. Scott intends to save the citizens of the town while he deals with Norman by placing them in the clock-tower. For the purposes of this fight, once citizens are in the tower, the Goblin will no longer attempt to take their lives.

Norman simply wants to kill Scott, but will target citizens if he sees him attempting to save them. Aside from Scott saving the townsfolk, morals are off. Discuss!

Pre-Phoenix Scott

Norman without Human Torch abilities

Victory comes from death of opponent.

[PLEASE explain your choice in detail]

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Giant hulking monster in a straight forward setting with Scott wanting to protect people? I feel bad for Norman. I don't recall many reflex and avoidance feats that I think will make a difference, so I'll say Scott based on draw speed, accuracy, power, and how he usually treats people or creatures of Gobby's stature.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sy8000

I think this mostly depends on how quick Scott is to cut loose. If he starts out blasting at full force his superior draw speed should let him ht goblin first and with morals off he can just nuke Norman. The problem is that Scott doesn't really take that option too much and if he doesn't, he'll most likely lose. He has faster draw speed but Norman has far superior movement speed from his leaps. Norman should be able to tank some damage from Scott and eventually get in close or use fireballs(would Scott be able to shoot his fireballs out of the air?) which would lead to him winning.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jacthripper

Norman gets vaporized

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dondave

Scott

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Seeing as morals are off, Cyclops can win.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@highaccuser: would Scott be able to shoot his fireballs out of the air?

Scott has pushed the Human Torch's flames back.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: would Scott be able to shoot his fireballs out of the air?

Scott has pushed the Human Torch's flames back.

Then he should be able to.

Spearman1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aww come on green goblin ultimate is pretty cool and fast and super strong so he does stand a chance, he could beat cyclops it really depends but yh i guess it goes to scott when i think hard

MajorSparkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just keep in mind that fighting the Goblin isn't his immediate objective; he needs to save the people of the town. In this scenario, I tried to make it clear that he was attempting to do both at once, save them and fight at the same time. Morals are off, yes, but I feel like the need to get the townsfolk out of harms-way would prevent him from going all-out from the start. So, there is a good chance he could be cornered/beat down if brought into melee range. Just my personal opinion on it.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Goblin does manage to grab Spider Man every now and then. But it is usually only after Peter has wailed in him for a bit and is jumping around.

From a distance? Normie gets the GET OFF MAH LAWN blast.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's ultimate green goblin then he loses and cyclops wins

MajorSparkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pastepotpete:

So, traditional 616 Goblin would fare better?

I still think people aren't taking all of the details of this battle into account.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@majorsparkman: tech is cyclops biggest weakness were three mercenary guys that were able to I could've killed cyclops if they wanted to but one of them rebelled against the leader saved cyclops life all you have to do to beat cyclops is just get some armor with that's covered in rubies I'm pretty sure Osborne given that he's rich can get a Lot Rubies he could get a get weapons that are coated in rubies he could have a glider that has that's made out of Rubies

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Ult GG better get the hell off Scott's lawn.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By patrat18

Cyclops.

MajorSparkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MajorSparkman
Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OreoAssassin

Cyclops

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott will put himself between the goblin and the citizens as best he can and then as long as the citizens aren't behind Gob....he gets the lawn blast treatment

Avatar image for hatersgoingtohate
HatersGoingToHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HatersGoingToHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stated it on KMC forums. GG can one shot Cyke as much as vice versa. Cyke is fast, so is GG who keeps up with Ultimate Spider Man (with Spider Sense).

Both have AoE attacks.

So Ultimate GG is being underestimated here. In fact Cyke is at a disadvatage here as Cyke has civilians to worry about, and Ultimate Norman is just naturally blood lusted.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatersgoingtohate: If he has to worry about civilians, he'll just use a more focused blast. GG's made mode of getting around is jumping, so Scott can easily blast him in midair.

HatersGoingToHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatersgoingtohate: If he has to worry about civilians, he'll just use a more focused blast. GG's made mode of getting around is jumping, so Scott can easily blast him in midair.

Yes but will he nail GG before GG blasts a city square block with his omnidirectional blast? Like in the set of scans I showed? That was Ultimate GG version of Get off my Lawn. He just projected all around his body while sitting calmly in his cell. Thats Good Game when pulled off right.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Summers.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

Yes but will he nail GG before GG blasts a city square block with his omnidirectional blast? Like in the set of scans I showed? That was Ultimate GG version of Get off my Lawn. He just projected all around his body while sitting calmly in his cell. Thats Good Game when pulled off right.

It's not like he's gonna be blasting off those sorts of attacks from the get-go. Scott won't take long to get going, given the fact he has people to protect.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cadeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

HatersGoingToHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatersgoingtohate said:

@comicstooge said:

It's not like he's gonna be blasting off those sorts of attacks from the get-go. Scott won't take long to get going, given the fact he has people to protect.

I could argue he will with no morals or not in character. Same as Scott in this case. Even when he did the whole "Get off my Lawn" he made a little talk about how he felt and did it. Its not like Scott ever saw a bad guy and went "NUKE BEAM!"

So it can go either way who would bloodlusted or even in character get a shot of first. GG is faster by far via his Meta Human stats and reaction times to Spider Man. He also has a Sky Scraper busting omni directional projection feat.

I will side with him.

Avatar image for the_shazam_killer
THE_SHAZAM_KILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, Cyclops murders that fool

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stated it on KMC forums. GG can one shot Cyke as much as vice versa. Cyke is fast, so is GG who keeps up with Ultimate Spider Man (with Spider Sense).

Both have AoE attacks.

So Ultimate GG is being underestimated here. In fact Cyke is at a disadvatage here as Cyke has civilians to worry about, and Ultimate Norman is just naturally blood lusted.

But ultimate green goblins area of effect attacks can be pushed back by cyclops. He did this to human torch before.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ComicStooge

@jashro44 said:

@hatersgoingtohate said:

Both have AoE attacks.

But ultimate green goblins area of effect attacks can be pushed back by cyclops. He did this to human torch before.

No Caption Provided

In any case, Scott's kept Grey Hulk away:

He's got this.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Thats true. And gray hulk has been able to tag spider-man in increible hulk 349. Even managed to intercept his webbing. So he should be at least comparable to ultimate green goblin.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@comicstooge: Thats true. And gray hulk has been able to tag spider-man in increible hulk 349. Even managed to intercept his webbing. So he should be at least comparable to ultimate green goblin.

Yep. Scott's got this one in the bag.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cyclops wins, GG doesn't have the damage output of cyke and he is a much bigger target

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyke curbstomp.He doesn't need to visor off.I mean,his blasts are lightspeed and honestly,since GG doesn't have QS's speed,then he can't dodge them.Also,Scott doesn't really need to KO him with blunt force.A blast in his eyes to blind Goblin ,or even a focused blast in the head would headshot him.His focused blasts have the ability to vaporize a molecules area of effect and has even been shown to be able to imitate a fingerprint with his focused blasts ,in Black Vortex 10:Cyclops.Now,before you react,i know it's young Scott,but ,still,if young Scott can do this with a bit days training with Corsair,then Older Cyke can definitely do this with YEARS of training.Also,he has been shown to able to bent Collosus arms with a focused beam,so ,he can definitely break GG limbs or arms.He has more firepower than he needs anyways.

Widowblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gobby can't use his fire you say? Well gobby is toast. He would need that to win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops stomps.

They are not in the same tier.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts