Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Cyclops vs Starlord (91 votes)

Cyclops 44%
Starlord 56%

Battle takes place in NYC (including civilians) Starlord has no outside help from the rest of the guardians

• 
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks

Starlord stomps Cyclops.

Starlord takes on cosmic level threats in every issue he has ever appeared in. This is no contest. Cyclops optic blasts are powerful, but Starlord carries weaponry that is designed to take out or at least weaken and keep subdued characters like Gladiator, Ronan, Thanos, Blastaar, the Magus and other cosmic level threats as his standard equipment.

He has taken out armies of Negative zone forces and soldier of the Universal Church of Truth. The soldiers in the UCT were a threat large enough that it took the combined forces of the Avengers and Annihilators to defeat them when they attacked Earth. That's firepower capable of doing damage that Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Ronan, Quasar, and the Hulk were dishing out.

Iron Man himself even admitted that his tech is far behind what the rest of the universe is using when he joined the Guardians of the Galaxy. Rocket Raccoon has embarrassed Stark in abundance at how far behind the tech is on Earth including Stark tech. Rocket Raccoon has been shown to be more capable then Tony with tech. So this is a match with someone with equipment that is a generation ahead of Tony Stark against Cyclops. I've noticed that both Starlord and Rocket Raccoon are usually very underrated on battles on this site. They really shouldn't be considered street levelers as they have never fought street level threats. A better match would be him vs Iron Man or the Hulk, because their weaponry is capable of taking them out.

Unless you limit Starlord to only using the weak anti-personnel rounds of his Kree Submachine guns, Starlord should not face opponents this weak. Starlord would probably still beat Cyclops with his Kree rounds though. His tactical genius has been shown to be enough to take on cosmic threats consistently even when he is outgunned.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By darkbeam

Cyclops gets the win.He's tactician skills have better showings then Starlord and he's optic blast is just to much for him

copete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Starlord. faster fire speed,much faster fire rate, better durability, more versatility depending on what weapon and ammo he's using, and flight

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Starlord basically because of what tparks said. Starlords gear aint street level.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops full power optic blasts are well beyond street level as well. He also knows of the GOTG, making it likely that he will go heavy at the start.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Can you post some feats for Starlord?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Tparks isnt on the vine anymore unfortunately. He made a classic starlord respect thread on either that account or his @oy_the_billy_bumbler account. He was extremely powerful back then but has been toned down slightly in recent years.

@senglord: Got any proof that Cyclops would know who Starlord is and just going to decide to blast him?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star-Lord

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Crossover. But, if he does not go full out he would lose.

cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By cdiddyman911
Avatar image for sheryinistoosexy
sheryinistoosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People tend to use "He's a galactic level." a lot.

Cyclops has shown that he's a great tactician and his optic blasts were able to peel Hulk's skin. Cyclops is also a better fighter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I hate that tparks is gone. Only guy who ever really debated for the guardians.

RedDeadJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: Tparks isnt on the vine anymore unfortunately. He made a classic starlord respect thread on either that account or his @oy_the_billy_bumbler account. He was extremely powerful back then but has been toned down slightly in recent years.

@senglord: Got any proof that Cyclops would know who Starlord is and just going to decide to blast him?

Ah thanks.

Easternwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Easternwind
senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: @sheryinistoosexy: @thunderbolt30:

http://www.comicvine.com/star-lord/4005-10957/forums/star-lord-respect-thread-1529995/

I was wrong, mostly. Star Lord should definitely win due to Scott being limited by human physiology and reflexes. He would lose hard to Starlord if he does not open with a full on blast. And that may not be enough to seal the win, given the source of his powers and his Ship.

sheryinistoosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By sheryinistoosexy
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord said:

@i_like_swords: @sheryinistoosexy: @thunderbolt30:

http://www.comicvine.com/star-lord/4005-10957/forums/star-lord-respect-thread-1529995/

I was wrong, mostly. Star Lord should definitely win due to Scott being limited by human physiology and reflexes. He would lose hard to Starlord if he does not open with a full on blast. And that may not be enough to seal the win, given the source of his powers and his Ship.

Thaks for the link :-). Great and informative thread. I was initially thinking Cyclops due to his high blast power and current lack of control over his beams, but the reflexes and flight feats alone sold me on Star Lord taking the win.

sheryinistoosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord: I didn't see any reflex feats from Starlord.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man I hate that tparks is gone. Only guy who ever really debated for the guardians.

Forreal.

wederdire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well you could consider the fact that he escaped the cancerverse a feat.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlord

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Starlord.

Jmarshmallow

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

starloard ftw

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok,you guys all say star lord is fast,but cyke's tagged quicksilver ,northstar,spiderman etc.Cyke has broken onslaughts armor,killed apocalypse,broken mountains in half etc.In h2h cyke has him,while i don't see star lord dodging a wide range beam ,or around 20 ricochet blasts.However,if things go bad.VISOR OFF!

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

starlord

LaryKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where do you count these opinions?Just by saying s"starlord"or "starlord stomps"doesn't prove anything.Haters.

Avatar image for charlie_shipman
charlie_shipman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

star lord better technology and smarter stronger and faster

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

starlord

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. What can a full powered element gun blast do against cyclops optic blast

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Cyc

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Interesting matchup...But i,d vote Starlord due his great tech...And that Element gun is beastly.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prob ST

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have any element gun scans?

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, looking back on this, I'd probably say Cyclops more often then not. The arguments I used in the first post are based on character traits that at the time, were questionable in canonicity, but as of yet still pretty much considered canon. Now that Bendis has completely ruined Star-Lord's character and pooped all over his amazing backstory, none of my previous comment holds much merit.

Star-Lord, I'll always remember you from your better days.

*plays "so hard to say goodbye to yesterday" by Boyz2Men

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Eh you take the characters as they were at the time of the thread though.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By tparks

@wolfrazer: That's true. I'm just bummed how much some of the GotG characters have changed with Bendis. He's even admitted lately that he never read Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's old run before he came up with his series. I can live with pretty much all of the other changes, but Star-Lord is just...bad.

Have you been keeping up with them at all lately? I'm curious what you're take on Rocket is now if you have been reading.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Been eh....so-so, I mean from what I've read he's still the same boom boom guy with a ton of weaponry and takes no *** from anyone. He's coming out with another solo soon too, might look into that.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tparks

@wolfrazer: Ya. It's pretty much just Star-Lord I can't stand anymore. I still preffer DnA's Rocket over any other writer's version of him so far, but at least he's still essentially the same.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: Yeah...though I do like the variety of outfits Rocket has.

monkey_d_joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops easily

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Cyclops easily

Why do you think easily? I can see Cyclops winning but I don't see why it'd be so easy

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg: Better shot, wider scale of damage, better physicals, better h2h and ricochet make him a tough opponent for Quil at any range.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@kevd4wg: Better shot, wider scale of damage, better physicals, better h2h and ricochet make him a tough opponent for Quil at any range.

On the other hand quill has better mobility by a mile and much better versatility. Quill can block his shots using the element gun and make himself a difficult target to hit, which equals out any of the better shot or wider scale of damage. They both obviously have the power to put one another down at range so I can't imagine it getting in physicals. I also don't see Ricochet being too much of a factor if Quill takes to the air

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starlord ftw

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

@koays said:

On the other hand quill has better mobility by a mile and much better versatility. Quill can block his shots using the element gun and make himself a difficult target to hit, which equals out any of the better shot or wider scale of damage. They both obviously have the power to put one another down at range so I can't imagine it getting in physicals. I also don't see Ricochet being too much of a factor if Quill takes to the air

Cyclops has tagged people from Archangel to Rogue and Cannonball with superior mobility and his versatility isn't something Cyclops faces beyond his longterm teammates.

As far as Quil taking to the air to avoid....idk.

No Caption Provided

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: My point isn't that Cyclops cannot hit Star-Lord if he's moving, simply that it would negate Cyclops's advantage as a better shot and limit his ricochet advantage. Star-Lord may be a worse shot(for the record I think he would have 0 issues hitting Cyclops), but he's a much harder target to hit. He can also create shields to stop Cyclops's beams and just completely freeze him or cover him in granite if landing a shot is taking too much time or something.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming they're in character, probably Starlord. It would be impossible for Cyclops to get over his massive versatility advantage without killing just about everything in the area.