Who?

Shattered Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Shattered Hand

As funny as it sounds i'd give it a close fight. Cause Shocker's suit absorbs concussive force so he doesn't own himself when he uses his powers and thats exactly what Cyclop's beam is. But at the end of the day cyclops is the leader of the x-men and shocker is a villian that gets jobbed in every spiderman universe that has been created to this day :P So i'd give it to ol' cyclops.

Blue Nighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Blue Nighty

i say cyclops

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Phorqe

They kill each other. The fans win!

Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kain

Cyclops. Shockers suit may take concussive force but the only thing that can stop Cyclops' particular brand of concussive force is Ruby quartz.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock

Cyke.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Cyke.

Wildstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wildstar

Cyclops FTW. Shocker is a bum.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By castleking

get up shocker!!!! dont lay there like a bum, get up!!!! 

"hey yo, i didnt hear no bell" * punches fist together with vibration effect..

"one more round"

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By Zoom
Kain said:
"the only thing that can stop Cyclops' particular brand of concussive force is Ruby quartz."
False.

But Cyclops does still win.
The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Scourge
Cyclops
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Cyclops in what could potentially be a good fight (depending on the environment).  Cyclops is obviously the better combatant, having far greater tactics and combat experience.  His amazing control and use of his optic blast also gives him a great edge.  However the reason I think this has the potential to be close is because of what Shocker brings to the table (duh, don't worry, elaborating now)  Let's say Cyclops does get the first shot, which is likely (based on the environment, once again).  Shocker's suit allows him to take the hit, mostly unharmed.  The blast would however, knock him on his rear.  I'm aware Cyclops can create enough force to kill him, but It's unlikely based on his morals.  Scott on the other hand, isn't so lucky.  A hit from Shocker could be devastating.  We've seen him blast open large safe doors in banks, cement floors and brick walls.  To top it off, we must assume he has great reaction timing and accuracy since he can tag Spider-Man, one of the most agile characters in the Marvel Universe.  So, if Shocker can tag him, it may be enough to get the KO.  But, like I said in the beginning, I see Cyclops taking this one at the end of the day due to his tactical-mindset, accuracy and use of his power. 

As usual, an environment and rules would be nice ;)
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Green Skin

I'm finding it pretty unlikely that Shockers suit will give him much defense against Cyclops.  Since his suit is man made there is a limit to the amout of protection it can give him.  Cyclops should be able to easily overpower the protective properties of his suit.  Think of a full power optic blast, you really think that suit is gonna do much?    May shield him from a portion, but not the whole thing.  If it could don't you think alot more people would use it, like everyone that fights Cyclops.

BlackAlice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlackAlice
@Green Skin said:
"I'm finding it pretty unlikely that Shockers suit will give him much defense against Cyclops.  Since his suit is man made there is a limit to the amout of protection it can give him.  Cyclops should be able to easily overpower the protective properties of his suit.  Think of a full power optic blast, you really think that suit is gonna do much?    May shield him from a portion, but not the whole thing.  If it could don't you think alot more people would use it, like everyone that fights Cyclops. "

@k4tzm4n said:
"
Cyclops in what could potentially be a good fight (depending on the environment).  Cyclops is obviously the better combatant, having far greater tactics and combat experience.  His amazing control and use of his optic blast also gives him a great edge.  However the reason I think this has the potential to be close is because of what Shocker brings to the table (duh, don't worry, elaborating now)  Let's say Cyclops does get the first shot, which is likely (based on the environment, once again).  Shocker's suit allows him to take the hit, mostly unharmed.  The blast would however, knock him on his rear.  I'm aware Cyclops can create enough force to kill him, but It's unlikely based on his morals.  Scott on the other hand, isn't so lucky.  A hit from Shocker could be devastating.  We've seen him blast open large safe doors in banks, cement floors and brick walls.  To top it off, we must assume he has great reaction timing and accuracy since he can tag Spider-Man, one of the most agile characters in the Marvel Universe.  So, if Shocker can tag him, it may be enough to get the KO.  But, like I said in the beginning, I see Cyclops taking this one at the end of the day due to his tactical-mindset, accuracy and use of his power.  As usual, an environment and rules would be nice ;) "

Good points both, 
Cyclops wins
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Green Skin said:
"I'm finding it pretty unlikely that Shockers suit will give him much defense against Cyclops.  Since his suit is man made there is a limit to the amout of protection it can give him.  Cyclops should be able to easily overpower the protective properties of his suit.  Think of a full power optic blast, you really think that suit is gonna do much?    May shield him from a portion, but not the whole thing.  If it could don't you think alot more people would use it, like everyone that fights Cyclops. "

There's no need for Cyclops to use a full power blast here.  That would be completely out of character.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Green Skin

@k4tzm4n
   Never said he would use a full power blast.  Only mentioned it to illustrate that Shocker's suit is not going to save him from Cyclops.  Shocker's simply outclassed here.

randumo24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By randumo24

Cyclops stomps 

Turlast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Turlast

Cyclops would just kick his ass without the optic blasts. Those Vibro-Blasters are strong, but come on. He ain't winning this.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Turlast said:
"Cyclops would just kick his ass without the optic blasts. Those Vibro-Blasters are strong, but come on. He ain't winning this. "

Yeah....Because Cyclops can punch a punch more powerful than Spider-Man....
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Power NeXus
@k4tzm4n said:
"
Cyclops in what could potentially be a good fight (depending on the environment).  Cyclops is obviously the better combatant, having far greater tactics and combat experience.  His amazing control and use of his optic blast also gives him a great edge.  However the reason I think this has the potential to be close is because of what Shocker brings to the table (duh, don't worry, elaborating now)  Let's say Cyclops does get the first shot, which is likely (based on the environment, once again).  Shocker's suit allows him to take the hit, mostly unharmed.  The blast would however, knock him on his rear.  I'm aware Cyclops can create enough force to kill him, but It's unlikely based on his morals.  Scott on the other hand, isn't so lucky.  A hit from Shocker could be devastating.  We've seen him blast open large safe doors in banks, cement floors and brick walls.  To top it off, we must assume he has great reaction timing and accuracy since he can tag Spider-Man, one of the most agile characters in the Marvel Universe.  So, if Shocker can tag him, it may be enough to get the KO.  But, like I said in the beginning, I see Cyclops taking this one at the end of the day due to his tactical-mindset, accuracy and use of his power.  As usual, an environment and rules would be nice ;) "

Daaaang. 

You can take a no-details-listed battle thread and give a very detailed and sensible answer. Where did you get such power?
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

No Caption Provided
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Power NeXus said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"
... Daaaang.  You can take a no-details-listed battle thread and give a very detailed and sensible answer. Where did you get such power? "

=) Thank you
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Cyclops ftw.
Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hellos
@Static Shock said:
"

"

Blob used to eat to much, now he doesn't.
Turlast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Turlast
@k4tzm4n said:
"@Turlast said:
"Cyclops would just kick his ass without the optic blasts. Those Vibro-Blasters are strong, but come on. He ain't winning this. "
Yeah....Because Cyclops can punch a punch more powerful than Spider-Man.... "

So you're implying you need to be as strong as Spidey to kick Shocker's ass? And most of those punches were pulled, anyway.
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Turlast said:
"@k4tzm4n said:
"@Turlast said:
Yeah....Because Cyclops can punch a punch more powerful than Spider-Man.... "
So you're implying you need to be as strong as Spidey to kick Shocker's ass? And most of those punches were pulled, anyway. "

No, it's a reply to this "Cyclops would just kick his ass without the optic blasts "...Which is not true, if Cyc is going to win, he needs his optic blast.
yodagod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By yodagod

I think this is a good match, but Cyke should take it due to intelligence and experience.  That said Shocker only needs one or two good hits to KO Scott.  If the first doesn't do it though, he won't get a second, Scotty will only allow so much before he hits Shocker with far more than his suit can absorb.  Scott wins 8/10
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@yodagod said:
"I think this is a good match, but Cyke should take it due to intelligence and experience.  That said Shocker only needs one or two good hits to KO Scott.  If the first doesn't do it though, he won't get a second, Scotty will only allow so much before he hits Shocker with far more than his suit can absorb.  Scott wins 8/10 "

More or less, what I said.
pulamea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pulamea

shocker could kill cyclops in one hit if he uses full force.actually he doesnt even need full force to kill cyclops.i would like to say cyclops but shocker does have his advantages so i say 5/5 for each of them :P
DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DedmanWalkin

The real question here is whether or not Cyclops' beams will set off a motion detector. Shocker's suit relies upon motion detection to activate the vibro-shock field that protects him from Spider-Man level hits. Obviously, while firing the field is in effect but if Cyclops knocks him down first and then gets a second shot in before he can recover he might take him down with no real problem. 

Also, hasn't Shocker's shockers been taken out by physical attacks? Cyclops has disarmed people before with precise shots.

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By drkhwk2001
cyclops
kagetaicho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By kagetaicho
@drkhwk2001 said:
" cyclops "
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Power NeXus

As much as it pains me to say this, I think I might give a small advantage to Shocker. Cyclops has a vastly superior tactical mind, but that would be rendered almost null in a quick 1-2 fight (as I think this would be). Cyclops, being the good guy he is, would be going out of character to fire his initial shot at full power. He doesn't know about the durability that Shocker's suit gives him, so he doesn't know Shocker can fairly easily tank Cyke's moderate-power blasts. Once Shocker fires the return shot, Cyclops will have neither the durability to withstand them (Shocker's full-power blasts can vibrate bones into jelly, and he doesn't have a whole lot of morals that would make him hold back), nor does Cyclops have the speed and agility to dodge the blasts (Shocker has tagged Spider-Man many times, and Cyclops is nowhere near Spider-Man's levels of speed and agility... and spider-sense). 
I just see most scenarios here being very short, and with Shocker ending up the victor. Cyclops gets the first shot. Shocker tanks the shot. Shocker delivers a return shot. Cyclops is stunned at the very least. More likely wounded or KO'ed. 

Bear in mind this was all extremely painful for me to say. Cyclops is the shiznit on all levels, and voting against him is always very hard for me. =(
MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#34  Edited By MichaeltheFly

Cyclops wins this, but the fans are the real winners.

Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Power NeXus: 

Shocker is, in all honesty, one of the biggest jokes among the various Spider-Man rogues. The guy is terrified of the Punisher and the Scourge Of Crime and has had repeated nightmares of Spidey while he was in jail.  
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Power NeXus
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"@Power NeXus:  Shocker is, in all honestly, one of the biggest jokes among the various Spider-Man rogues. The guy is terrified of the Punisher and the Scourge Of Crime and has had repeated nightmares of Spidey while he was in jail.   "

After a history of fighting the wise-cracking punch-pulling Spider-Man, pretty much any villian would be scared of Punisher and Scourge. They kill without mercy or remorse, and they are very good at it. 
And just because someone isn't a hardened tough-as-nails fighter doesn't mean they aren't powerful enough to hold their own when they're in a fight. Ultimate Iceman had nightmares about fighting the Brotherhood, but he was still pretty dang powerful in a firefight. And Shocker has held his ground against Spider-Man and other heroes many times. He's a chicken off the field, but he can get his work done when he's on it. 
And this fight doesn't have a whole lot to do with who is mentally tougher. Like the synopsis I gave, all Shocker has to do is tank Cyclops' hit, then fire back with a few of his own.