User Lists: 15

Roy.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

JEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I wonder what would happen if Roy tried to pinpoint blast Scott's visor...

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By jashro44
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#8 god_spawn  Moderator

@jashro44: Scott easily. It's not that Roy can't tag him but I think Cyclops is just faster on the draw. Roy still has to do something like raise his arms and snap his fingers or clap his hands, depending on if you count seeing the truth. Scott just makes a fist and Roy is on the floor before he can get a shot off.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@jashro44: Scott easily. It's not that Roy can't tag him but I think Cyclops is just faster on the draw. Roy still has to do something like raise his arms and snap his fingers or clap his hands, depending on if you count seeing the truth. Scott just makes a fist and Roy is on the floor before he can get a shot off.

You don't think Roy can avoid a beam from Scott?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine008

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@god_spawn said:

Considering that Scott has reacted quick enough to pick out missiles out of the sky with his beams, and that Roy really isn't running with any impressive speed feats that I can remember, I wouldn't bet my money on him being able to avoid the optic blasts.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeathHero61

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@god_spawn said:

Considering that Scott has reacted quick enough to pick out missiles out of the sky, and that Roy really isn't running with impressive speed feats that I can remember, I wouldn't bet my money on him being able to avoid the optic blasts.

IIRC he managed to avoid getting slashed in half by bradley.(basically reacting to his speed.)

Zjun_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

Exactly.

If Roy manages to dodge even one of Cyke's blasts which I'm sure he would..Yeah.

Mr. Z~kun

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kyrees
@shiryu said:

destroy the visor maintains his eye beams ? he's going to face unfocused eye beams then.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 god_spawn  Moderator

@dccomicsrule2011: Nope. Scott's reacted to Wolverine and tagged guys like Northstar, spiderman, quicksilver, and Beast for example with his beams. People i would say are much faster than Roy. I find it hard he would dodge

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dccomicsrule2011: Nope. Scott's reacted to Wolverine and tagged guys like Northstar, spiderman, quicksilver, and Beast for example with his beams. People i would say are much faster than Roy. I find it hard he would dodge

*sigh*

Why does one of my favorite characters consistently get's beaten by the X-Men?

First Wolverine, now Scott.....

T___T

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Jgames

Could go either way, it just basically who can hit faster

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

Scott has faster reaction time. He should be able to tag Roy first.

However, if Roy is still conscious, it's possible for him to pull off a win. Roy goes for the kill - Scott doesn't, That might be a bit of a difference.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JediXMan  Moderator
@kyrees said:
@shiryu said:

destroy the visor maintains his eye beams ? he's going to face unfocused eye beams then.

Roy can do precision blasts to boil his opponent's eyes.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn said:

*sigh*

T___T

He'll get one win eventually :)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@god_spawn said:

*sigh*

T___T

LOL. Don't take it personally, Roy is going up with the best of the best within the X-Men. He loses with honor!

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kyrees

@jedixman said:
@kyrees said:
@shiryu said:

Roy can do precision blasts to boil his opponent's eyes.

i doubt he can burn cyclop's eyes when they are practically the source of his beams.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By patrat18

Distance is the key here.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool fight idea. Like JediXMan said, unless Roy is still standing after Cyclops' initial attack, he's not winning this.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JediXMan  Moderator
@patrat18 said:

Not really. They have a clear line of sight; long as they have that, both of these guys can tag each other. It's about who is faster.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@patrat18 said:

Not really. They have a clear line of sight; long as they have that, both of these guys can tag each other. It's about who is faster.

Let me check up on Roy again.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dredeuced

Yeah, Roy's biggest advantage is range and the speed and power of his attack for very little wind up or effort. Cyclops has him beat on all counts -- faster reactions, better aim, faster attack method, higher range, and more controllable damage. Hell, he's almost as versatile at being able to hit things at weird angles with his crazy spatial awareness, which is crazy considering his power is purely straight line beams while Roy can shoot his fire anywhere he so pleases.

So yeah, bad matchup for Roy. Cyclops 10/10.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Nice job on the recent match ups man.

Loading Video...

Roy has a chance here.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@patrat18 said:

@jedixman said:
@patrat18 said:

Blows up building from a distance that appears farther than the one described in the OP.

No Caption Provided

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dredeuced

@jedixman: Yeah, Roy's range shouldn't really be questioned here, it's more that Cyclops could KO him before he could snap, and that's more a credit to Cyclops' reaction speed than a discredit to Roy.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:
@patrat18 said:

@jedixman said:
@patrat18 said:

Blows up building from a distance that appears farther than the one described in the OP.

No Caption Provided

Yea i forgot about his ranged attacks, but Cyclops beams are faster.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: Yeah, Roy's range shouldn't really be questioned here, it's more that Cyclops could KO him before he could snap, and that's more a credit to Cyclops' reaction speed than a discredit to Roy.

Of course. I acknowledged that. However, as I said: Roy can kill Cyclops if he doesn't KO Roy with the first shot. Roy is willing to go for a lethal, AoE attack on his first shot. He's a soldier who won't hesitate to kill his enemy.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jedixman said:
@patrat18 said:

@jedixman said:
@patrat18 said:

No Caption Provided

Wasn't that with the P. stones.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dredeuced

@jedixman said:
@dredeuced said:

Of course. I acknowledged that. However, as I said: Roy can kill Cyclops if he doesn't KO Roy with the first shot. Roy is willing to go for a lethal, AoE attack on his first shot. He's a soldier who won't hesitate to kill his enemy.

I dunno, he made a pretty conscious effort not to kill any soldiers during the battle for Amestris. He's usually very unwilling to resort to killing off the bat because of his time in Ishval.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@patrat18 said:

@jedixman said:
@patrat18 said:

No Caption Provided

Wasn't that with the P. stones.

Honestly, I don't remember.

However, it isn't much different from his usual abilities. He created larger fireballs when he was blind.

1:46.

Loading Video...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:
@dredeuced said:

I dunno, he made a pretty conscious effort not to kill any soldiers during the battle for Amestris. He's usually very unwilling to resort to killing off the bat because of his time in Ishval.

Not wishing to hurt people who were under his command - people who were being manipulated themselves - and not willing to kill an enemy are two very different things.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jashro44
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 god_spawn  Moderator

@dccomicsrule2011: All we need is him losing to Emma Frost, which would happen, and he loses to my top 3 characters :D

Limilicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Limilicious

Wait wait. Even if Scott tries to blast Roy and his beam travels faster, Roy should've snapped by the time he's hit by the beam, which results in blasting Scott's head/eye/whatever off almost instantly after Roy is knocked out, if he is knocked out in the first hit. That would be like double KO...lol

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By mickey-mouse

By Morals Scott would assume Roy was a fellow mutant, therefore would not go for the kill shot...Roy would assume Scott is a humuculi and blast him to hell....They both hit each other at the same time...or Scott hits Roy with a small beam, Roy shoots back....Scott thinks Roy is a mutant, starts to jobber about how mutants shouldn't fight one another...Roy has no idea what this guy is talking about & snaps his fingers killing Scott. Roy wins 7.5/10

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lukehero said:

By Morals Scott would assume Roy was a fellow mutant, therefore would not go for the kill shot...Roy would assume Scott is a humuculi and blast him to hell....They both hit each other at the same time...or Scott hits Roy with a small beam, Roy shoots back....Scott thinks Roy is a mutant, starts to jobber about how mutants shouldn't fight one another...Roy has no idea what this guy is talking about & snaps his fingers killing Scott. Roy wins 7.5/10

Not even remotely true and faulty logic. Scott doesn't need to go for a kill shot. His normal blasts are perfectly suitable for taking out someone of normal durability without issue and can do so in one. Why would they shoot at the same time? Raising your arms and snapping your fingers doesn't take long at all, but Roy doesn't compare to Cyclops' quick draw feats, especially when all he has to do is make a fist. His projectile is liable to hit Roy before he even gets his chance to snap. Why is Cyclops going to think he is a mutant when Roy hasn't attacked yet or vise versa? Cyclops lives in a world full of superheroes, so why is the initial assessment a mutant and not just a guy who fell in a puddle of toxic waste? Roy lives in a world where people do crazy things as well. Why is his first assumption going to be a homunculous? The people in FMA aren't exactly normal. Maybe he might think Scott has a circle in his visor or gloves and that visor is his weapon? Same how Roy creates sparks and streams of fire with his abilities.

And why would Scott stop and act like a preacher that they don't need to do this? He's killed people and enemies, regardless of being a mutant or not when he has had to. He's been fighting mutants and superhumans for 15-16 years....you ever hear of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mickey-mouse

@god_spawn: Hmmm something to chew on. Good points.

@dccomicsrule2011: :( I feel your pain....Roy loses again... -_-.... Fullmetalfail....Maybe Roy can beat Jubilee?

Arathorn_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Mustang here. If they both fire at about the same time, Roy has a bigger chance to survive, since Cyclops' attack probably wouldn't be lethal and Roy's would. Besides, Roy has his pinpoint flame alchemy, which means he can, potentionally, burn out Cyclops eyes (and tongue). I see this ending in a stalemate, or a win for Mustang.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 god_spawn  Moderator

Cyclops rather easily.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JediXMan  Moderator

I maintain that it is a matter of who hits first, and Cyclops has the faster reaction time and better accuracy.

I say it's... 7-8 / 10. Roy might land a hit or two. Fight gets interesting if he can get to cover.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh*

Cyclops. -_-

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Faster on the draw? Roy snaps his fingers. Depending on which Cyclops this is, he needs to do just as much if not more than that.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 god_spawn  Moderator