CYCLOPS VS. PREDATOR

GuyverII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GuyverII

Jean Grey leaves Scott behind by mistake while on a hike through the Amazon Jungle. Something in the wild is stalking him....who wins
GuyverII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By GuyverII

Bye Bye Scott lmao
reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By reactor

If the predator gets the drop on him, he wins. But if Cykes notices him.... 

rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rein

even a juvenile Predator should take his head off without Cyclops knowing what hit him

Chosen One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chosen One
@Reactor said:
" If the predator gets the drop on him, he wins. But if Cykes notices him.... "
This. Cyke gets a lock on him then it is no more Pred.
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By capall

if the pred has his standard tech like in the movies then he wins, cyke has no way of knowing where pred is thanks to his cloaking device, however if the pred has no tech then cyke wins, i guess it's up to the op to clarify whether the pred has his tech and also the setting makes it clear that with the tech the pred has an clear advantage here as well

Chosen One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chosen One

With it being set in the Jungle and the Predator having the advantage of stalking his prey. I could side with him more often than not. Too many advantages given to him for Scott to overcome without knowing he is being stalked, let alone by what.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ComicStooge

Predator Wins...

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Undergroundgod
@ComicStooge said:
"Predator Wins... "
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By drkhwk2001

Lets see Cyke (one weapon) Predator (like six), and super human strength. Cyke gets his @ss handed to him.

predator8282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By predator8282

when have you ever known a predator to not have his tech...c'mon

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By turoksonofstone

Predator

FemmeFatale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FemmeFatale

predator....

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By spystreak

the Predator wins even if Cyclops spots him he can avoid the eye beams and deliver a death blow he can also easily distracth Cyclops at the front and attack from a diferent direction

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Cyclops would slaughter the pred if he saw him. If he keeps it safe the pred wins.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RisingBean

Predator can win via stealth.  

If Scott notices something is off, decides to go full tilt, spins a 360' while eyef*cking the surroundings, he wins.  
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nick_hero22

The Predator will most likely win due to having a major stealth advantage.
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@nick_hero22 said:

The Predator will most likely win due to having a major stealth advantage.

Agreed.
stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By stu630

Scott is the man with a plan. Also an amazing leader and war genius. cyke won even before the fight started

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nick_hero22
@stu
How is Cyclops suppose to find a cloaked Predator?
Transmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Transmetal

Predator adds a certain Ruby Quartz Visor to his trophey room
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@Transmetal: LOL
Alexman113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Alexman113

Cyclops wins this. Not only is he trained in survival by Wolverine, but was able to hide from the X-Men in the Danger Room when he made it look like a Jungle. That's Wolverine included. He is a ridiculous good tactician and has perfect awareness of his spacial geometry, so he can ricochet optic blasts around corners and behind him in a split second. Predators have lost to MUCH lesser humans than Scott Summers.

No Caption Provided
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By madrid_san

Guys, Arnold and Danny Glover (I think) beat Predators. If those guys can take it, Cyclops is more than able. Like Stu said, he is a master strategist. He will notice he is being watched and take out the Predator with one shot. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Of course Cyclops knows he's being targeted, it's obvious because he is a master tactician so he's already planning stuff on the fly despite no knowledge of what is actually going on while he's looking for Jean and of course he knows it's a predator behind him so he's gonna obviously look on his ruby quartz rear view mirror he keeps on his back pack so he can clearly detect an invisible opponent because of his spatial awareness and fire an optic blast off the mirror killing the alien who has much more hunting experience and superior technology and weaponry in a shot. I mean he blinks and punches holes in mountains, he's gonna do that because it's soooo in his character to do so. Did I mention he comes up with this on the fly?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Ok sarcasm aside, the Predator has this. One the thing is stalking him, Cykes has above average hearing but he has no idea something is stalking him, the OP doesn't mention so don't assume he does. He lost Jean, so honestly if he hears a branch snap, he isn't gonna look behind and level the area, it could be Jean for all he knows. Unless the predator is stupid enough to break a bunch of branches, rustle the bushes and Cyclops realizes something is stalking him, yeah I would assume he's gonna start coming up with something cause it's obvious something is following him and it's not Jean. Predator reveals himself and blows his cover, he gets blasted to kingdom come, if the Predator actually plays it pro, he one shots Scott easily.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By super_psycho

Predator

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By madrid_san

He may not know exactly who or what is watching him, but he will be aware he is being stalked/hunted. He is not easy prey. Like I said, what good did Advanced tech do for a Predator against Arnold? I agree if the Predator hits Scott with his weapons, he will be incapacitated, but that's a BIG if.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@madrid_san said:

He may not know exactly who or what is watching him, but he will be aware he is being stalked/hunted. He is not easy prey. Like I said, what good did Advanced tech do for a Predator against Arnold? I agree if the Predator hits Scott with his weapons, he will be incapacitated, but that's a BIG if.

I'm not disagreeing with you that Scott can't win, and it really isn't a big if at all. He doesn't know first hand he is being stalked, the debate that he comes up with stuff on the fly isn't gonna cut it here so saying he knows something is stalking when he has no idea something is in the first place, is wrong and you don't have proof to back it up either. He isn't Wolverine or Daredevil, he has above average hearing and that's it. If the Pred wants him dead, Cyclops is dead, simple as that. If he hears one snap while looking for Jean, he isn't gonna go crazy and freak out like when she died and go JEAN and slaughter the surrounding area like the scan. If he hears something, first guess goes to him thinking it's Jean which means he won't shoot. If weird stuff keeps going down, I wouldn't doubt he shoots and if the Predator slips up and reveals himself he's boned.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@nick_hero22 said:
@stu: How is Cyclops suppose to find a cloaked Predator?
The same way he finds target when his visor is removed.  Scott is effectively blind without the visor as he keeps his eyes closed, so in essence everybody is cloaked to him. and then there is this...
No Caption Provided
Alexman113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alexman113

@god_spawn said:

@madrid_san said:

I'm not disagreeing with you that Scott can't win, and it really isn't a big if at all. He doesn't know first hand he is being stalked, the debate that he comes up with stuff on the fly isn't gonna cut it here so saying he knows something is stalking when he has no idea something is in the first place, is wrong and you don't have proof to back it up either. He isn't Wolverine or Daredevil, he has above average hearing and that's it. If the Pred wants him dead, Cyclops is dead, simple as that. If he hears one snap while looking for Jean, he isn't gonna go crazy and freak out like when she died and go JEAN and slaughter the surrounding area like the scan. If he hears something, first guess goes to him thinking it's Jean which means he won't shoot. If weird stuff keeps going down, I wouldn't doubt he shoots and if the Predator slips up and reveals himself he's boned.

No Caption Provided

I think the problem here is that Predators have lost to a lot less than Cyclops. Arnold outsmarted and beat one while it was hunting him and Danny beat one straight up in hand to hand combat.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#32  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Arnie beat a tooled up predator with sticks and mud. Cyke can win this. Its not a cut and dry figh teitehr way its the classic who lands a hit first wins style fight.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@lazystudent said:

Arnie beat a tooled up predator with sticks and mud. Cyke can win this. Its not a cut and dry figh teitehr way its the classic who lands a hit first wins style fight.

Pretty much this, if the Pred wants Cykes dead, he will be killed, if pred plays around and Cykes gets a read on him, he's pretty boned.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Alexman113: Your point?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@god_spawn said:

@lazystudent said:

Pretty much this, if the Pred wants Cykes dead, he will be killed, if pred plays around and Cykes gets a read on him, he's pretty boned.

he already starts the battle playing around by stalking him.  Scott and Wolverine were a two man army on a Genosha, where everybody was a mutant and trying to kill them, and Scott took a room of them out with one carefully ricocheted blast.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@LordOfAllHumans: And your point?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@god_spawn said:

my point is you say if he doesn't play he can take him down, he is already playing by stalking him and not going for a kill shot at jump.  Scott is not some newbie he is battle prone and has been since he was a teen, he won't be just walking around without a care in the world with his guard down.  Base humans can beat these things when they (predators) aren't playing around, Scott has got this.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By progenitorigin

If soldiers can spot a cloaked Predator in the jungle, I have no doubt Scott can see the misshapen movement caused by the cloaking technology.  Scott could most likely clear off half of the jungle just by removing his visor, even without, he's a great field tactician, and would be no joke when it comes to physicality.  I would give this to Slym. 

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@god_spawn said:

my point is you say if he doesn't play he can take him down, he is already playing by stalking him and not going for a kill shot at jump. Scott is not some newbie he is battle prone and has been since he was a teen, he won't be just walking around without a care in the world with his guard down. Base humans can beat these things when they (predators) aren't playing around, Scott has got this.

Of course I see this now. It's obvious that in a jungle setting with lots animals around and Scott losing his girlfriend he will totally be expecting an alien to stalk him. Sarcasm aside your point is farfetched at best just like the others using his strategic knowledge as an excuse he will already be aware of something hunting him in a setting like this. And I really don't care base humans can beat these things, this thing can blow his head off if he wanted to. He isn't walking into a room with Wolverine where he sees a bunch of armed goons, he is in an open jungle with plenty of things crawling around but an important variable is that his girlfriend is missing. If you think he's just gonna turn around at the first rustle of a leave or a branch cracking and take his visor/glasses off and blow the surrounding area then believe it, I don't think he will at the first snap crackle, pop in a forest. If he does catch wind of the predator which would happen relatively quickly when he finds out that something is constantly following him, and it isn't Jean the first time, he will level the area. If the Predator wants him dead, he's dead, if Predator plays cat and mouse Cyclops wins easily. I've said either can win in every post in this thread, but you and others are expecting too much out of "strategic know how" in a setting that has plenty of variables of how this goes down.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@god_spawn said:

@LordOfAllHumans said:

@god_spawn said:

my point is you say if he doesn't play he can take him down, he is already playing by stalking him and not going for a kill shot at jump. Scott is not some newbie he is battle prone and has been since he was a teen, he won't be just walking around without a care in the world with his guard down. Base humans can beat these things when they (predators) aren't playing around, Scott has got this.

Of course I see this now. It's obvious that in a jungle setting with lots animals around and Scott losing his girlfriend he will totally be expecting an alien to stalk him. Sarcasm aside your point is farfetched at best just like the others using his strategic knowledge as an excuse he will already be aware of something hunting him in a setting like this. And I really don't care base humans can beat these things, this thing can blow his head off if he wanted to. He isn't walking into a room with Wolverine where he sees a bunch of armed goons, he is in an open jungle with plenty of things crawling around but an important variable is that his girlfriend is missing. If you think he's just gonna turn around at the first rustle of a leave or a branch cracking and take his visor/glasses off and blow the surrounding area then believe it, I don't think he will at the first snap crackle, pop in a forest. If he does catch wind of the predator which would happen relatively quickly when he finds out that something is constantly following him, and it isn't Jean the first time, he will level the area. If the Predator wants him dead, he's dead, if Predator plays cat and mouse Cyclops wins easily. I've said either can win in every post in this thread, but you and others are expecting too much out of "strategic know how" in a setting that has plenty of variables of how this goes down.

sarcasm ignored...He is a solider and field tactician of the highest order, the danger room is full of "jungle" settings that he has trained in from a regular jungle to the savage lands to think he won't be able to tell what snapped a twig is ridiculous, a predator would weigh more that a human, any steps made or twig snapping that would alert him to their presensce, would only make him think it was a jungle cat as there aren't many creatures in the jungle that are heavy enough to begin with so he would be on his guard because of that alone.  He is as I said battle prone, people of this nature are rarely out of character in any scenario and Scott is definitely no exception.  He and Jean when are a  couple they share a psi rapport so any noise he'd hear, he will not mistake for her because he can sense her anyway, which begs the question of how she left him in the first place.  he'll be on guard on foreign soil, with wild giant cats and other normal animals that kill people all the time, prepared for any eventuality like he was trained to do since he was kid.
Avatar image for thedarkknight0224
thedarkknight0224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay apparently no one in this forum realizes that the Predator will not attack Cyclops if he think Scott is unarmed. The predator has no way of knowing that The eye piece is a weapon. Scott is a combat master mind. If he believes he is being "stalked" for no reason. He'll set a trap. And Predator's love falling for traps. And again if the forest is the advantage the Predator has Cyclops can just remove the visor and good bye everything. CYCLOPS FTW!!!

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aero_gt

Realistically the Predator should win, but due to their usual way of being beat by cops, soldiers, random people they chose to hunt from earth, and aliens, I have to say Cyke would be too much one to handle alone.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@LordOfAllHumans: You're reaching.

Aqua11500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Aqua11500

Scott...

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@god_spawn said:

@LordOfAllHumans: You're reaching.

how am I reaching? what person in their right mind is not gonna be on guard when stranded alone in a jungle? If he hears something in a jungle it will most likely be something that is stalking him anyway, like a big cat or even a giant snake, and like I said he won't think it's Jean due to psi rapport, he hears a noise in the very dangerous jungle and he is blasting away.
pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: if cyclops uses a wide beam stealth wont help

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: if cyclops uses a wide beam stealth wont help

Predator can win via stealth.

If Scott notices something is off, decides to go full tilt, spins a 360' while eyef*cking the surroundings, he wins.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Eisenfauste

Predator pretty easily unless he decides to "pity" the hman and whack him with h2h.

Kute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a stomp in the predators favour. if cyclops had knowledge on the opponent, then it'd be a good fight. as it is, he gets killed without knowing he was in a fight. a cloaked hunter with those armaments would kill most unsuspecting foes

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By GIliad_

Predator should kill him before he knows it exists