User Lists: 0

Cyclops quite easily aswell

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

If we consider "the tweets", Luther could have some problems avoiding the "get off my lawn" blast.

Without them Luther takes a solid majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@pierpat said:

If we consider "the tweets", Luther could have some problems avoiding the "get off my lawn" blast.

*yawn* You mean the tweets that are an unofficial, miscalculated "rule of thumb" that completely contradict what is in the comics?

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

*yawn* You mean the tweets that are an unofficial, uncalculated "rule of thumb" that completely contradict what is in the comics?

I mean the tweets that where written from the author of the comic. It's his creation, it's a lack of respect not considering his opinion.

That said i don't consider it xD

The feats where clear, he'll need a retcon to be believed by me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat:

I mean the tweets that where written from the author of the comic. It's his creation, it's a lack of respect not considering his opinion.

I'm not saying not to consider what he has to say. What I'm saying is, when he creates a character that can smile at high-calibre bullets inches from their face, then move out the way, and then goes on to say he is only ("roughly") x2 faster than an olympic athlete, we run into problems.

However, when he posts a blog saying that he in no way calculates any of his feats like a Marvel handbook would, and that his "roughly twice what an olympic athlete is capable of" is only a rule of thumb, then it begins to make sense that there is a contradiction. His statement was simply inaccurate. He just does not know how powerful his own characters are, and his estimation was extremely rough. That is why the statements do not matter.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pierpat

@pierpat:

I'm not saying not to consider what he has to say. What I'm saying is, when he creates a character that can smile at high-calibre bullets inches from their face, then move out the way, and then goes on to say he is only ("roughly") x2 faster than an olympic athlete, we run into problems.

However, when he posts a blog saying that he in no way calculates any of his feats like a Marvel handbook would, and that his "roughly twice what an olympic athlete is capable of" is only a rule of thumb, then it begins to make sense that there is a contradiction. His statement was simply inaccurate. He just does not know how powerful his own characters are, and his estimation was extremely rough. That is why the statements do not matter.

Seems legit, as i said, i don't consider them even.

IT: That cleared Luther takes this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops wins cause non-mainstream is teh suxxors

Avatar image for luciustheeternal
LuciusTheEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I think Cyke could take this in one move with the whole nuke blast beam bullshiznit he has going on. If he does not open with that, he dies.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By ComicStooge

@luciustheeternal said:

Honestly I think Cyke could take this in one move with the whole nuke blast beam bullshiznit he has going on. If he does not open with that, he dies.

No. He's fast enough to tag Luthor coming at him and his optic blasts, even at lower power, would rock Luther's world.

Avatar image for luciustheeternal
LuciusTheEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I do not see any feats of Cyke tagging bullets out of the air. Luther moves faster than that and would close the distance instantly for close combat decimation.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By ComicStooge

@luciustheeternal said:

@comicstooge: I do not see any feats of Cyke tagging bullets out of the air. Luther moves faster than that and would close the distance instantly for close combat decimation.

He's tagged Northstar, Quicksilver, Wolverine, Spiderman, Beast etc.

He can easily just use a wide blast, if single shots aren't working.

In any case, he's only twice the speed of an Olympic human so Scott can tag him.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with Luther.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say we should ignore the tweets...just not read too much into them either. Justin Jordan's Blog clarified a lot of what he meant in those tweets. So they shouldn't be used as exact stats.

Jordan does specifically say that when his characters dodge bullets...it is because of the predictive move thing they have.

Now, while this says they aren't fast enough to actually dodge bullets...they can determine the path of the bullet before it is fired and move out of the way. This applies to Cyclops' optic blast as well. The major difference being that optic blasts typically cover a wider area than a bullet.

I would say Luthor probably takes this one...as an in character Cyclops is not going to go full beam against an unknown opponent.

Morals off...I would give it to Cyke.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Is Luther standing in the mansion's lawn?