• 106 results
#1 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

H2H only. Who wins?

#2 Posted by Jake Fury (18738 posts) - - Show Bio

Erik is gonna love this thread.

#3 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jake Fury: Why? lol

#4 Posted by mextli (648 posts) - - Show Bio

I think hawkeye could take it to Cyclops in a good fight. Hawkeye as Ronin had some relatively impressive h2h showings.

#5 Posted by Transmetal (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye wins by a good margin....Cyclops is good, but Hawkeye is better

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12820 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye, I have never seen anything extremely impressive from Cyclops

#7 Posted by chalkshark (1190 posts) - - Show Bio

No contest. Hawkeye was trained by Captain America. Hawkeye wins.

#8 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@chalkshark: ...wasn't Cyclops trained by Captain America as well?
#9 Posted by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see the impressive h2h Barton feats. You know, anything other than "HE WUZ RONIN!" or kicking an idiotic duplicate of Daken in the face. I think this will be good, but I've seen nothing from Barton to say he'd "definitely" take it.

Staff
#10 Posted by Jake Fury (18738 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a little bit stumped at the constant "_________ was trained by _________" argument. That really means nothing in a debate.

#11 Posted by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

Tim Drake was trained by Batman, therefore he....wait, no, he still gets demolished in a good amount of 1v1s.

Staff
#12 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury: I know, he's the second guy to say that today too.
#13 Posted by Jake Fury (18738 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfox & Black Knight were trained by Captain America.....who schooled them both in a 2 on 1.

#14 Posted by fury714 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye.

#15 Edited by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who finds it odd people visit these sites to only post one word answers and such? I mean, isn't the fun part actually discussing these things?

Staff
#16 Posted by Jake Fury (18738 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott Summers wins. Three words.

#17 Posted by Erik (33002 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops. Hawkeye has absolutely no H2H feats that would convince me that he could even be a credible threat to Cyclops in purely H2H. He did not even do anything noteworthy with melee weapons as Ronin.

#18 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
Am I the only one who finds it odd people visit these sites to only post one word answers and such? I mean, isn't the fun part actually discussing these things?
This is pretty much how all my threads go. No one replies to anyone, they just sh*t out their opinion and then huff some more spray paint.
#19 Posted by Jake Fury (18738 posts) - - Show Bio

Sometimes it just feels good to be right.

#20 Posted by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Erik, as well as Jake Fury's counting abilities.

Staff
#21 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
I'd love to see the impressive h2h Barton feats. You know, anything other than "HE WUZ RONIN!" or kicking an idiotic duplicate of Daken in the face. I think this will be good, but I've seen nothing from Barton to say he'd "definitely" take it.
Therein lies the problem. Aside from what you just mentioned, he really doesn't have many noteworthy hand-to-hand feats that I've been able to find. 
#22 Posted by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always figured as much, considering we've never seen any presented.

Staff
#23 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6376 posts) - - Show Bio

Going to give it to Scott. He's accumulated some impressive feats of late. Not the least of which is containing Wolverine up close and personal.

Good fight though.

#24 Edited by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

But, on the other side of this argument, how many hand-to-hand feats does Cyclops have aside from that one eyes-closed-against-street-thugs fight?
#25 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops!

#26 Posted by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

vs Wolverine comes to mind, which is already more than Barton has done, lol.

Staff
#27 Posted by Erik (33002 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@k4tzm4n said:

But, on the other side of this argument, how many hand-to-hand feats does Cyclops have aside from that one eyes-closed-against-street-thugs fight?

His training room sessions usually employ a nice combination of powers and H2H. But even if they did not, that one above mentioned scene is well beyond anything Hawkeye has done.

#28 Posted by (((Prodigy))) (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@k4tzm4n said:

His training room sessions usually employ a nice combination of powers and H2H. But even if they did not, that one above mentioned scene is well beyond anything Hawkeye has done.

I'd say fighting ninjas with your eyes open is comparable to fighting a few thugs with your eyes closed.
#29 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@Erik said:

@(((Prodigy))) said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I'd say fighting ninjas with your eyes open is comparable to fighting a few thugs with your eyes closed.

It's certainly not the same unless your going towards the suicide route.

#30 Posted by Erik (33002 posts) - - Show Bio

@(((Prodigy))) said:

I would not. Especially when he did not do anything to any ninja.

#31 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
He chopped a dozen or so to pieces when the NA invaded Skrullektra's sanctum in Japan.

You know what, flark this. I'll investigate Barton. He must have some decent skill feats that don't include a bow and arrows in nearly 50 years worth of appearances.
#32 Posted by God_Spawn (37949 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Considering the guy studies and oversees the training and knows his team inside and out almost better than they do, he'd better be able to contend with some of the X-men despite a difference in physical abilities and fighting abilities. I'd like to see Cyclops get more h2h feats or expand on his h2h abilities a bit more that could make him a more established fighter.

#33 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
Which vs Wolverine is that? Please don't say Schism.
#34 Posted by k4tzm4n (45324 posts) - - Show Bio

God no. The classic one where Wolverine was still suffering confience issues (that sounds quite funny out-of-context). It was just a counter or two, but it's still more than what we've seen from Batron. Hopefully you'll find SOMETHING for him.

Staff
#35 Posted by Erik (33002 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

He chopped a dozen or so to pieces when the NA invaded Skrullektra's sanctum in Japan.

You know what, flark this. I'll investigate Barton. He must have some decent skill feats that don't include a bow and arrows in nearly 50 years worth of appearances.

In New Avengers 31 he kicked one, smacked another with a bo, took a ninja's sword and butted him with the hilt and that was it. Other than that, he spun his bo around in a circle before Skrullektra got stabbed.

Yeah if anyone could make a collection of feats, it would probably be you.

#36 Posted by Manchine (4173 posts) - - Show Bio

If its just hand to hand I would have to say Cyclops has this one.

#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
God no. The classic one where Wolverine was still suffering confience issues (that sounds quite funny out-of-context). It was just a counter or two, but it's still more than what we've seen from Batron. Hopefully you'll find SOMETHING for him.
Rings a bell, but I don't remember details.

@Erik said:

@Morpheus_ said:

In New Avengers 31 he kicked one, smacked another with a bo, took a ninja's sword and butted him with the hilt and that was it. Other than that, he spun his bo around in a circle before Skrullektra got stabbed.

Yeah if anyone could make a collection of feats, it would probably be you.

Pretty sure in the aftermath they said he was a huge help and showed serious skill or something to that effect. Not saying it was impressive by comic book standards, just that he likely did more than we saw on panel. They were fighting a horde of fodder, eh, ninjas, after all.

I'll give it a shot, nothing to lose, really.
#38 Edited by Erik (33002 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:

Well I could be a turd and just say that they were trying to boost the most useless member of the team with compliments but I am not going to go there..... Even though it would be funny.

#39 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops disarmed a thug who was holding a gun to his head in Uncanny X-men 542 i think it was.

#40 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@Morpheus_:

Well I could be a turd and just say that they were trying to boost the most useless member of the team but I am not going to go there..... Even though it would be funny.

You could, but then Clint would lift a car with one hand and throw it your way.

Also, I resent the notion that anyone but
Jessica Jones be considered the most useless member. She's there under the capacity of being Luke's wife.
#41 Posted by Erik (33002 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik said:

@Morpheus_:

Well I could be a turd and just say that they were trying to boost the most useless member of the team but I am not going to go there..... Even though it would be funny.

You could, but then Clint would lift a car with one hand and throw it your way.

Also, I resent the notion that anyone but
Jessica Jones be considered the most useless member. She's there under the capacity of being Luke's wife.

Jessica Jones is there because she provides the love triangle between Parker, Cage and herself. Thereby causing friction. THAT is much more useful than Hawkeye.

BAZINGA!

#42 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik: LOL, I would have agreed to that, but the only scene she and Pete shared caused her to say she was in love with him in highschool, and his response was among the lines of, "we were in highschool together?"

Mood killer for the win.
#43 Posted by Erik (33002 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Erik: LOL, I would have agreed to that, but the only scene she and Pete shared caused her to say she was in love with him in highschool, and his response was among the lines of, "we were in highschool together?"

Mood killer for the win.

Ah..... Unrequited love.

#44 Edited by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

\just thought i'd throw this in here.

#45 Posted by God_Spawn (37949 posts) - - Show Bio

Any competent fight can do that, I still don't see disarming one gunman that impressive anymore.

#46 Posted by God_Spawn (37949 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops.

#47 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

Any competent fight can do that, I still don't see disarming one gunman that impressive anymore.

True, but the gun was held at his back. Still pretty bad ass :P

#48 Posted by God_Spawn (37949 posts) - - Show Bio

@madrid_san: I like the feat but it's still basic stuff, even the X students should be able to do something like that. I'd still like Cyclops to get more h2h feats that establish him as a better fighter especially after his statements in UXM 1.

#49 Posted by daredevil21134 (11898 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye

#50 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

It is true the "________ was trained by _______" is a lame statement. Hawkeye has stood toe to toe with Electra , Ironfist , Captain America . Iron fist called him his equal after they had a match. That is saying alot from a guy who is a KUNG FU MASTER, just saying. Hawkeye with no question would hit Scott so hard cable and Stryfe would feel it.