User Lists: 3

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cyclops gets my vote.

He is capable of staying in the fight long enough to figure out he can go all "optic rage" on DS without killing him.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By XiiX
Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyke

Super_Buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why Cyclops? Can't he tank his beams with his promethium armor?

Yes. I don't see Scott unleashing on Deathstroke, a random, like he would on Wolverine. As soon as Deathstroke tanks a shot, he'll learn two things.

1. The beams travel too quick for him to react.

2. The visor opens up slow as hell.

Then all that's left is to aim dodge and put a bullet between his eyes.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@god_spawn: Ah see the new posts are more the GS I understand. Starting at the beginning of this thread I was shocked to see you back Slade. You back Cyke 95% of the time (I did the math don't worry) I was in shock. Now all is right in the world.

Anyway its an interesting matchup but I'd give Cyclops a narrow margin. New52 Slade really hasn't shown many speed feats, its a wider margin against him.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Ah see the new posts are more the GS I understand. Starting at the beginning of this thread I was shocked to see you back Slade. You back Cyke 95% of the time (I did the math don't worry) I was in shock. Now all is right in the world.

Anyway its an interesting matchup but I'd give Cyclops a narrow margin. New52 Slade really hasn't shown many speed feats, its a wider margin against him.

This thread was made pre new 52 so this would be that version.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@jashro44: I know I guess I didn't write it clearly enough. Cyke v Pre52: Cyke gets a narrow margin.Cyke v New52 Cyke gets a wider margin. I wrote it fast so I guess my clarity wasn't there.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's so stupid how people make it seem like Pre 52 Deathstroke is more powerful than New 52, when they have made it clear that New 52 is more dominant.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By dondave
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#263 god_spawn  Moderator

@granitesoldier: Lol I don't think 95% of the time I back Cyke. More like 92%! But seriously I think it is an arguable fight under these conditions with Scott getting a slim majority. No more than even 7 wins.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Lol I don't think 95% of the time I back Cyke. More like 92%! But seriously I think it is an arguable fight under these conditions with Scott getting a slim majority. No more than even 7 wins.

Agreed, and I double checked the math and I still got 95%! =P

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS, unless cyke drops an optic bomb on him before he draws his pistol.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 god_spawn  Moderator
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268  Edited By never give up

bump

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By MonsterStomp

As always, can go either way with Cykes.

Knightmare369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Stroke wins

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops takes this I think.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take Deathstroke. His armour even pre flashpoint has some durability feats so if cyclops is holding back and underestimates him I could see deathstroke sustaining himself from a blast. I could see him getting one shotted after a hit as well but there is a 50/50 chance Scott underestimates Slades durability I'd say. Slade is also extremely agile, dodging green arrow and basically toying around with him, and ending the fight when he gets serious. And Slade is both an effective close and range combatant. Cyclops maybe more accurate but Slade isn't a slouch and he makes up for it by being more agile. And if it gets melee its over for Scott.

On the other hand if Scott does a wide blast Slade has no counter for that (and no I'm not talking about removing the visor). He doesn't seem to do it often but when he does it the fights basically over. Likewise Scott is pretty accurate and optic blasts are faster than bullets and probably Slades blast staff too (hard to say if the beam from his staff is light speed for sure, I think its probably faster than bullet speed though). I am leaning towards Slade for a majority though if Scott fights the way he does when I usually see him. He's just more well rounded.

MUFC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Death Stroke wins

DaredevilDD78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Slade

Avatar image for thebattlecalculatot
TheBattleCalculatot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bump.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops can't dodge bullets. Slade is superior on all stats. Cyclops falls early or spends the entire fight on the defense.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Frisky4

Slade wins handily.

The only real edge Scott has is his optic blasts.

Slade is definitely as strategic as Scott, if not more so.

No Caption Provided

Slade can without a doubt move quicker and hit harder.

Slade moved quick enough to tag Wally West, and even stab him on a different occasion.

No Caption Provided

A good example of Slade's agility and quick thinking, is when he evaded Superman.

Slade is no stranger to blast powers.

Slade beat Batman hand to hand.

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only because its a random encounter idd give it to cyclops. i just dont see how slade would be ready for something like that. he would def make cyclops take the visor off to win. if he had prior knowledge however i see him winning with low-mid difficulty

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279  Edited By The_Titan_Lord

Cycke

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By random_nerd

@angryvigilante: u know saying more powerful then slade isnt really a good point, have u seen some of dem slade feats, like I think id count these people as more powerful then cyclops. Taking out guys more powerful then the guy ur facing doesnt mean much to me anyway. Opinion thing though. I think its deathstrokes win for sure.

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bloodblunts: umm slades ready for anything? Dudes a team buster with feats that just dont even logic. I cant see putting bullet in the head of cyke being that hard really. Specially not for slade.

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282  Edited By BloodBlunts

@random_nerd said:

@bloodblunts: umm slades ready for anything? Dudes a team buster with feats that just dont even logic. I cant see putting bullet in the head of cyke being that hard really. Specially not for slade.

yea it seems his specialty is fight multiple opponents, but ive seen hi lose to the batman family on occasion(yes he does usually win) meaning hes not invincible one on one, and without prior knowledge of cyclops skill and powers i see him losing a random encounter, but that would be the only time he would lose to scott after he knew enough about him.

and FYI i hate defending cyclops over deathstroke lol cyclops is one of my least favorite comic characters ever and slade is by far one of my favs.

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By random_nerd

@random_nerd said:

yea it seems his specialty is fight multiple opponents, but ive seen hi lose to the batman family on occasion(yes he does usually win) meaning hes not invincible one on one, and without prior knowledge of cyclops skill and powers i see him losing a random encounter, but that would be the only time he would lose to scott after he knew enough about him.

and FYI i hate defending cyclops over deathstroke lol cyclops is one of my least favorite comic characters ever and slade is by far one of my favs.

same here so i feel bias, but i ont think im being bias, him loosing to the bat family is really just a way of the comics saying "yeah well they cant loose to him everry time even if they should" in a setting with people or even not, cyke isnt going nuclear on slade, for the most part he probably wont even try to kill him, slade should be able to pick up the just of cykes powers after one shot, or even if hes giong laser mode that armour is nothing to ignore, deathstoke has fought people with laser vision before. deathstoke always assumes the worse. i still say deathstroke puts lead in cyclops' head. sure cyke COULD win, if he goes "f*&K this imma just blow everything up" but he wont, he'll probably stick to the strightfoward shot he always does. and he would loose

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If starting distances are 20 feet or more, standard equipment and morals are allowed, I've got to give it to Slade.

Z'

Juke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@saren said:

@JediXMan said:

Deathstroke.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cyclops

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cyclops has spatial awareness, he would know where would Deathstroke's attacks hit. Cyclops can even hit Quicksilver with his optic blasts while at that time, Quicksilver is using his super speed. Cyclops wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke, unless Summers decides to take the visor off and vaporize Slade.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Slade ends this with his power staff blasts.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@rhysdurden said:

Cyclops has spatial awareness, he would know where would Deathstroke's attacks hit. Cyclops can even hit Quicksilver with his optic blasts while at that time, Quicksilver is using his super speed. Cyclops wins.

Cyclops' is able to hit things a lot easier than dodging. His spatial awareness has never constituted as move reading. In theory, sure based off the principle of it, but it's more of an angles thing and where his blast or whatever projectile will hit and not vice versa. Otherwise he would be able to dodge attacks from Wolverine and Captain America or Storm or Legion etc. Anyone that has ever thrown a punch at him, let alone something as small as a bullet from someone like Slade. And in regards to hitting Quicksilver, Pietro has punched him out cold before. Cyclops has the capacity to hit, he's done so on a couple of occasions, but Pietro has dodged more blasts than been hit. Scott's usually needed to wrangle him in, in some capacity to get a shot off.

With that said, Slade wins. His armor will be a big help. If he gets hit from that first blast, it will provide a solid buffer, and give Slade a chance to put a bullet in Scott using his much higher stats which opens him up for more attacks...or bullets. Scott will probably scrape a couple wins via power output and maybe a surprise shot here and there to knock DS off balance to gain the upper hand. Slade 7-8/10.

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Slade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: If Deathstroke fires a bullet, Cyclops can just destroy the bullet with his optic blasts, just like what he did to the plates that Jean Grey telekinetically throws at Cyclops in the first X-Men film.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 god_spawn  Moderator

@rhysdurden: The movie is non-canon to the comics so it's an irrelevant feat. Cyclops has never shot bullets out of the air in the comics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: well if Cyclops at full power, Slade won't have a chance. Cyclops, at full power, has caused Dormammu pain and I don't think that Deathstroke can even hurt Dormammu.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: Also, Cyclops has knocked Thor's hammer out of his hands, I don't think Slade could do that.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops is my guy, but even current (when he was alive) Cyke won't go for an instant kill shot. With his armor and durability Deathstroke would almost certainly be able to sustain a "knock out shot" (which yes, Cyclops would very likely get off first, I don't care how fast Slade is, all Cyclops has to do is think his visor open and look at Slade). Since DS won't be out, he'll quickly put bullets into Cyclops and that will be that.

IF for some reason Cyclops decides to go for a full force kill shot (unlikely in a random encounter), then Slade is dead 7-8/10 times.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to go with Deathstroke. If this is current Deathstroke, his Ikon body armor can withstand multiple punches from Superman. If this is his early New 52 suit with Nth metal mixed into it, he can take a submarine thrown on him. If this is Pre-Flashpoint he is as agile as many others that have avoided Cyclops beams and a better hand to hand combatant than Scott.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke hasn't hurt Dormammu so I'm thinking he loses here.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 god_spawn  Moderator

@rhysdurden: Which are irrelevant feats. You have to understand how these characters operate is the factor. Cyclops doing a full powered blast is not in his character do so. And what his damage output is doesn't prevent a bullet from harming him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: For some reason, I still think Cyclops would win.